Ordering a 2021 E63 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2020, 08:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 591 Likes on 403 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by NeoX
I've ordered mine yesterday (e63s estate). Today dealer mailed me and told me end of January delivery, so I guess what he previously stated, build in December was correct. ( live in sweden)

Also, I've been trying googling any testdrives of the facelifted version or so, If you have noticed there are none yet. Try searching youtube and all you will find is interior/exterior vids with revving engines. There must be some kind of NDA or they don´t want youtubers to review the pre production cars. There is only one video on the tube where they drive, produced by mercedes themselves (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJWQYdJ0HR4).

If you check all the facelifted e63 on sale on mobile.de (europe biggest site for new and second hand cars), on the facelifted e63s, several of them has the code "pre production car", in german "#05 FS Vorführfahrzeuge". So my guess, the reason why your dealers cannot tell you regarding the start of the production of the non preproduction cars it´s covid19 related or something. My dealer said that production of the first cars actually starts in nov, but I can not verify that.
My confirmed build date is the second decade in November. I have received the factory PO number confirming as well. I have no doubt that there are issues obtaining materials, but that also doesn't mean that production has ceased (just slower).
Why do you need to see a test-drive? This is a facelift model. The drive train is still the same although the exhaust sound might be a bit softer. The real changes are inside in the command system and the steering wheel configuration. The outside is just cosmetics.

Last edited by HBerman; 09-17-2020 at 11:38 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Corsair66 (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 08:20 AM

Received 83 Likes on 47 Posts
2024 S580
Originally Posted by HBerman
My confirmed build date is the second decade in November. I have received the factory PO number confirming as well. I have no doubt that there are issues obtaining materials, but that also doesn't mean that production has ceased (just slower).
I’m also in the second decade of November. Can’t wait to see the car!
Old 09-17-2020, 09:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

It's painful waiting!
Old 09-17-2020, 01:17 PM

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts
'21 E63S4S in glorious Brilliant Blue Magno
I've poked at my dealership a few times. I spoke to the GM. They keep reassuring me its "in the system." I am not sure running around to other dealerships will help much. I'm going to give my dealer another month or two to get an allocation. If they don't have something by early December, then I will start looking elsewhere. Its obvious that there are extremely few allocations, so its going to be a wait regardless. I am not in a huge hurry. My current car's lease is good through until next March, and I have a Porsche I can drive if this goes out to next summer.

Yes, waiting is painful.

The whole car business seems stuck in an antiquated business model. This "Hunger Games" approach to allocations seems decidedly outdated. Why not have a central ordering system that is simply first come first serve. That way if a small dealer nabs a customer, it can land the customer. The current model seems to focus the high-dollar customers to a small number of big players. Which seems unnecessarily restrictive. As a consumer, I should be able to select my retail outlet, and if that's a smaller shop, why should I the customer be punished for that?
Old 09-17-2020, 02:43 PM

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts
2021 E63s Wagon
Yes, it seems to be very slow in germany, but talking to you guys it seems that some of you got builddates and they seem to be right according to order date (as mentioned I ordered last week, and the car is probably built in December). My dealer said also things can change (I guess to the worse) depending on covid19 situation. Correct me if I´m wrong but it doesn´t seem that any facelifted e63s has been delivered to customer yet? I think you should see that on social media somewhere, someone showing off their car. I have looked on every video there are, in order to see the options “live”. The rims and interior has been the hardest for me to decide. Still don´t know if I choosed the right thing for me ..:-)

My Spec: 2021 E63 Wagon (difficult to do a direct translation since some of the standard and options are country specific)
  • Selenite Grey
  • SA-RZU - 20-inch AMG cross-spoke ()
  • 561 - Black w/ Silver Stitching
  • 736 - Natural Grain Black Ash Wood
  • PAF - Acoustic Comfort Package
  • PBP - Energizing comfort
  • DA2 - Driver Assistance Package
  • DA4 - Advanced Lighting Package
  • 3-zone climate
  • Dashcam
  • 432 Active Multicontour Front Seats with Massage Feature
  • PYO PremiumpaketPlus (not in US?), includes 810,U19,275,413,868, which is Burmester, Panorama etc
  • Also towbarpkg... Couldn´t see that I US DOG
  • Something they call “Winterpackage” so you can pre-heat the car before driving off in winter.
I like the wheels since they show a lot of the brakes but an option would be the RTR - 20” AMG Forged Cross-Spoke for an extra 1500$. Not sure if I like them much more. Interior trim I had 588 - Black / Titanium Grey in my build, but my wife said she didn´t like it at all … No carbon details (will get stolen in Sweden), no ccb (worried about the break feeling and I will not track the car).
Old 09-17-2020, 02:49 PM

2021 E63s Wagon
Yes, slow, I didn´t know this before I decided on the car, I just assumed they had full production of the 2021 since july or something. Talking to you it seems that some of you got builddates and they are "right" according to order date (as mentioned I ordered last week, and the car will probably be built in December). My dealer said also things can change (I guess to the worse) depending on covid19 situation. Correct me if I´m wrong but it doesn´t seem that any facelifted e63s has been delivered to any customer yet (just dealers). I think you should see people showing of on social media somewhere. I have looked on every video there are in order to see the options “live”, which has been "a pain". The rims and interior has been the hardest for me to decide. Still don´t know if I choosed the right thing for me :-)

My Spec: 2021 E63 Wagon (difficult to do a direct translation since some of the standard and options are country specific)
  • Selenite Grey
  • SA-RZU - 20-inch AMG cross-spoke ()
  • 561 - Black w/ Silver Stitching
  • 736 - Natural Grain Black Ash Wood
  • PAF - Acoustic Comfort Package
  • PBP - Energizing comfort
  • DA2 - Driver Assistance Package
  • DA4 - Advanced Lighting Package
  • DB9 Sun Protection Package
  • 3-zone climate
  • Dashcam
  • 432 Active Multicontour Front Seats with Massage Feature
  • PYO PremiumpaketPlus (not in US?), includes 810,U19,275,413,868, which is Burmester, Panorama etc
  • Also towbarpkg J Couldn´t see that I US DOG
  • Something they call “Winterpackage” so you can pre-heat the car before driving off in winter.
I like the wheels since they show a lot of the brakes but an option would be the RTR - 20” AMG Forged Cross-Spoke for an extra 1500$. Not sure if I like them more. Interior trim I had 588 - Black / Titanium Grey in my build, but my wife said she didn´t like it at all … No carbon details (will get stolen in Sweden), no ccb (worried about the break feeling and I will not track the car).

Last edited by NeoX; 09-17-2020 at 03:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 02:53 PM

2021 E63s Wagon
So, your were able to configure a build and then received an approximate delivery date. That sounds about right for the process. I would think that a centralized allocation/build process would be more efficient than dealers trading allocations. What was your build?
Correct, and the estimated delivey date was in march, but when he got the confirmation 24h later he said, delivery to dealership end of january. But, I´m in sweden, and most af you are in US, so It´s difficult to draw any conclusions. How many weeks extra for the boat? (4?)
Old 09-17-2020, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by NeoX
Correct, and the estimated delivey date was in march, but when he got the confirmation 24h later he said, delivery to dealership end of january. But, I´m in sweden, and most af you are in US, so It´s difficult to draw any conclusions. How many weeks extra for the boat? (4?)
I had an order years ago that got built one day, at the port the next and then on the boat the same day. Car arrived at the VPC in 17 days, and was at the dealer within the next three. That's when everything aligns with the stars and the planets.
BTW, I ordered the RTR coss-forged wheels.

Last edited by HBerman; 10-07-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2020, 01:19 PM
SFT

Received 75 Likes on 38 Posts
14 E63s wagon
Got build slot yesterday for wagon - December production

Selenite Grey/Nut Brown/Metal Weave

Options

Driver Assistance Package
Exterior Lighting Package
Sun Protection Package
AMG Carbon Ceramic Braking System
AMG Forged Cross-Spoke Wheels
Augmented Video for Navigation
2 USB-C Ports in Rear
Dashcam
Rear Side Airbags
Active Multicontour Front Seats w/ Massage
Head-Up Display
Black DINAMICA Headliner
Heated Rear Seats
Soft-Close Doors
b0rderman (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 02:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by SFT
Got build slot yesterday for wagon - December production

Selenite Grey/Nut Brown/Metal Weave

Options

Driver Assistance Package
Exterior Lighting Package
Sun Protection Package
AMG Carbon Ceramic Braking System
AMG Forged Cross-Spoke Wheels
Augmented Video for Navigation
2 USB-C Ports in Rear
Dashcam
Rear Side Airbags
Active Multicontour Front Seats w/ Massage
Head-Up Display
Black DINAMICA Headliner
Heated Rear Seats
Soft-Close Doors
Nice build and color combination.
Old 09-25-2020, 04:09 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
My friend, There is no such thing "in the system" when 2021 E63 has not been even released to Europe. First, is Ordering Guide and allocations, which they should be available in December.
Regarding the allocation system, is like saying that i want the same Nike limited edition models that you can by from NYC flagship store, at my local grocery shop in the middle of nowhere, . Factory will provide limited production models to dealers that sell the most of those cars. A dealer that sells one 63 Wag every two years, is not going to be on MB top dealer choice for allocations.

Old 09-25-2020, 04:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 694 Likes on 529 Posts
go fast grocery getter wagon
In Canada, due to covid situation, there is no longer dealer allocation basis anymore. All e63 orders and allocation is centralized as dealers are to forward them to MB Canada head office for review and allocation is then given on a first come, first served basis.

i have spoken to 3 MB Canada corporate owned dealers and this is what they told me in recent weeks.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wassaby
My friend, There is no such thing "in the system" when 2021 E63 has not been even released to Europe. First, is Ordering Guide and allocations, which they should be available in December.
Regarding the allocation system, is like saying that i want the same Nike limited edition models that you can by from NYC flagship store, at my local grocery shop in the middle of nowhere, . Factory will provide limited production models to dealers that sell the most of those cars. A dealer that sells one 63 Wag every two years, is not going to be on MB top dealer choice for allocations.
Not sure if I'm following your comment. I have a confirmed factory PO for my wagon build for the second decade in November.
Old 09-25-2020, 06:41 PM

2024 S580
Not sure if I'm following your comment. I have a confirmed factory PO for my wagon build for the second decade in November.
As do I.
Old 09-25-2020, 07:29 PM

Your message would have a stronger resonance if you drop the dickish tone.
Old 09-29-2020, 04:10 AM

2021 E63s Wagon
Finally they´ve started to try out the production car! MrBenzKing confirms in his videos it has all been preproduction until now.

or if you prefer read: https://www.topgear.com/car-reviews/mercedes-benz/e63-s

I have been most keen to find out if the added comfort has ben noticeable. Watching the vids, it has, but it´s quite subtle (The harsh ride was something that worried me). It seems that you really need to get used to the new steering wheel controls. And what I find a little bit interesting, reading the topgear article the raw performance maybe has improved a little bit(?).

"I have been most keen to find out if the added comfort has ben noticeable. Watching the vids, it has, but it´s quite subtle. It seems that you really need to get used to the new steering wheel controls. And what I find a little bit interesting, reading the topgear article the raw performance maybe has improved a little bit.
Which is still a deeply, ridiculously fast car. AMG may claim to have left the powertrain alone (and yes, it still delivers the same power figures through the same nine-speed multi-clutch gearbox), but in practice it also feels a little sharper in its actions. Gears appear to slip through more cleanly and deliberately than before, and the motor’s torque characteristics and response seem brighter"
Old 09-29-2020, 10:39 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
GLC 63s AMG
AMG may claim to have left the powertrain alone (and yes, it still delivers the same power figures through the same nine-speed multi-clutch gearbox), but in practice it also feels a little sharper in its actions. Gears appear to slip through more cleanly and deliberately than before, and the motor’s torque characteristics and response seem brighter"[/QUOTE]

Interesting note above. I posted a video comparison about the pre-facelift and facelift version shift speed. I used autotopnls video, see below. The facelift looks like it has a saw like hesitation especially 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. It seems to stop for a split second while the car shifts. Look from 2:30 in the video. It could be the particulate filter or it wasn't warmed up, new car, etc. But somewhat relieved by this.

Old 09-29-2020, 12:46 PM

Received 120 Likes on 102 Posts
The horses are now in the barn, 2019 E63s
While I can appreciate new videos of guys accelerating the car and running it on the top end I don't find it as useful as a review of its performance on a closed circuit. I'm also more curious to see how the changes fair in the long term however we'll have to give it 9-12 months for that.
Old 09-29-2020, 05:26 PM

Old 09-29-2020, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by Quackledork
Your message would have a stronger resonance if you drop the dickish tone.
I'm sorry it sounded that way. I can get you a 2021 E63 wag factory slot for November 20th production.

Please let me know if you're interested.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:53 AM

I'm sorry it sounded that way. I can get you a 2021 E63 wag factory slot for November 20th production.

Please let me know if you're interested.
I told myself I would give them until December to secure a slot. I am not in a huge hurry. My lease on my CLS is good through next April. If they don't secure a build date until January or even February, I would be okay.

However, I will keep your offer in mind. Thank you.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My November order is now marked non-changeable in the ordering system. So far, so good. Waiting on the VIN.

Last edited by HBerman; 10-05-2020 at 11:41 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by HBerman:
b0rderman (10-06-2020), bobblehead (10-06-2020)
Old 10-05-2020, 10:48 PM

2024 S580
My November order is now marked non-changeable in the ordering system. So far, so good. Waiting in the VIN.
Excellent! Guess I’ll check with my sales guy tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2020, 03:52 AM
SFT

14 E63s wagon
Originally Posted by Corsair66
Excellent! Guess I’ll check with my sales guy tomorrow.
That’s awesome! You are on your way.
Corsair66 (10-06-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 03:54 PM
SFT

14 E63s wagon
Decade/Production Date

Mine says:

Decade Scheduled: 20/11-3
Production date: 11/3D/2020

i assume that means the 3rd week In November. Right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Ordering a 2021 E63 Wagon