W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

722.9/ 9G TCU Tuning - US Tour - Coming very soon to a city near YOU :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 09:53 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 128 Likes on 95 Posts
93' 500E, 95' Corolla
722.9/ 9G TCU Tuning - US Tour - Coming very soon to a city near YOU :)

Finally!! 722.9 AND 9G-Tronic TCU and CPC (Powertrain Control Unit) Tuning is coming to the region near you! This is for ANY 722.9 and 9G-Tronic (725.0), Including Non-AMG cars, torque converter cars, and older models with a 722.9, including PFL W204 C63's. We can done custom TCU tuning as well, along with CLK Black Series trans software.

The Basics:
- This is not a "NEW" product, just newly available to the masses. It's been well proven and tested for many years.
- Designed to be safely within the safe hardware limits of the transmission
- No change to daily comfort
- Increases Line Pressure
- Increases Power Holding Capacity
- Increases Torque Limiters in All Gears
- Reduces Shift Times
- Raises/Removes the Speed Limiter

The overall result of this is a better driving performance experience, as the ECU and TCU work in harmony to deliver the power you want, when you want it. The TCU tune works with any tuned, modified, or bone stock car (and it's a fantastic first mod). Your car will be quicker, more responsive, and much more enjoyable

So far we sessions set up in:

- Chicago,IL - Round 2 (TBD)

- Costa Mesa, CA (SoCal) - Round 2 (TBD)

- Burlingame, CA (Bay Area) - CONFIRMED DATE - Saturday, July 25th

- Baltimore, MD - CONFIRMED DATE - Saturday, August 1st

- Orlando, FL

- Cincinnati,OH

- Las Vegas, NV

- Seattle, WA

- Phoenix, AZ

- Omaha, NE

- Minneapolis, MN

- Detroit, MI

If you're located in the Northeast or Tri-State, message 5soko and he can get you squared away.

Go visit www.eurochargedatx.infoto sign up for your region and put down your deposit!

Some may ask why we want to come out and do tune in person... It's obviously a pretty good investment, and we want to be there to ensure everything goes perfectly, and everything is as it should be. We install your CPC at no charge, bring the logging equipment, battery charger (so you don't brick your TCU), and at times need to do multiple flashes to get the car exactly where you want it. We have done a lot of them, and know what we're looking for, so it's really beneficial to you. There's also the test drive after the flash, we can show you tips for launching, and like to spend some time with you answering all the questions you'll likely have. At the end of the day, it's about YOU being a satisfied customer, and we feel being on site is the best way to achieve that.

Any questions at all can be posted here, or directed to me. You can also call the shop if you like - 512-777-2799, and ask for Adam.

Intro price for the TCU tune is $1,800, and the CPC price is $1,450 (For a 213 E63s, FL C63's, GLE/GLC you will need both) - *NO* other costs or fees or shipping are involved if you come out to a session. I will install the CPC for you at no cost at the session Deposit is $1,800 and is credited towards the total cost . Once we've visited your region - the normal price kicks in.

Thanks!

Dave

Last edited by DavesMeanE's; 07-21-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Great News!

NorCal (Burlingame) is Confirmed for Saturday, July 25th!

Y'all have a month left to sign up

Thanks!

Dave
Old 07-02-2020, 11:44 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Morning Everyone!

We are about a week out from our SoCal (Costa Mesa, CA) session on Saturday, July 11th - and we're stoked to see everyone Deadline to get in on the action is no later than Thursday, July 9th

Thanks!

Dave
Old 07-02-2020, 05:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 195 Likes on 140 Posts
2018 W213 E 63 S AMG Sedan
$2500 to flash a file on a cpc_ng

The following users liked this post:
Cylinder Head (07-03-2020)
Old 07-02-2020, 06:47 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored
$2500 to flash a file on a cpc_ng
Technically it's a replacement CPC_NG, with the necessary speed limiter removal, and increases to the tq limiters. It's not flashed OBD at this time.

Thanks!

​​​​​​​Dave
Old 07-02-2020, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by DavesMeanE's
Technically it's a replacement CPC_NG, with the necessary speed limiter removal, and increases to the tq limiters. It's not flashed OBD at this time.

Thanks!

Dave
yep
i know
some guy in germany flashed them and doesn’t want anybody sniffing how he does it because then you guys couldn’t charge $2,500 because i’d be selling it for $1k
guess i could sniff a TCU tune too...
rjpacman (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored
yep
i know
some guy in germany flashed them and doesn’t want anybody sniffing how he does it because then you guys couldn’t charge $2,500 because i’d be selling it for $1k
guess i could sniff a TCU tune too...

I guess that's what he feels his development time is worth? Since he is the only person able to do them at present (that I know of) I'd say that it's worth something, and plenty of folks buy it...so I guess it's worth it to them as well, right? Seems like a normal free market. If the price is too high for you, simply don't buy it.

Seems like what you're suggesting is ripping off a persons intellectual property? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Dave

Trending Topics

Old 07-03-2020, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 634 Likes on 378 Posts
2021 AMG GLE 63s Coupe AMG GLC 63s Coupe
So $4,300.00 to go 0-60 a few tenths of a second faster and void your complete drivetrain warrantee seems like such a great deal if you are completely brain dead..

The Typhoid Mary road trip coming from Texas to an ICU unit near you..
DavesMeanE's (07-03-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 11:39 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by ronin amg
So $4,300.00 to go 0-60 a few tenths of a second faster and void your complete drivetrain warrantee seems like such a great deal if you are completely brain dead..

The Typhoid Mary road trip coming from Texas to an ICU unit near you..

Again - it's certainly not for everyone - and if it's not for you - that's fine At the price, I actually try and talk people out of it all the time, but there are still some - with the much higher net worth and disposable income (that's why its called disposable income) than myself - that have purchased it, and love it, and beat all their buddies which is what they care about at the end of the day. Basically anyone who questions the price is not a candidate, and that is more than OK with me. The guys (and gals) who want it? They simply buy it, and don't ask for a receipt TBH, I'm not even trying to "sell" it to anyone - I am only offering it.

Thanks!

Dave
Marine 1 (07-16-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Again - it's certainly not for everyone - and if it's not for you - that's fine At the price, I actually try and talk people out of it all the time, but there are still some - with the much higher net worth and disposable income (that's why its called disposable income) than myself - that have purchased it, and love it, and beat all their buddies which is what they care about at the end of the day. Basically anyone who questions the price is not a candidate, and that is more than OK with me. The guys (and gals) who want it? They simply buy it, and don't ask for a receipt TBH, I'm not even trying to "sell" it to anyone - I am only offering it.

Thanks!

Dave
So let's get this clear, only fools with cash just siting around and burning a hole in their pockets are your clientele...
Kinda like illegal drugs sell themselves even if they could kill you the fools just keep using until they die or their warrantee claims are denied..

Makes sense, because so called rich fools never admit making mistakes, too much ego ...
Old 07-03-2020, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
So let's get this clear, only fools with cash just siting around and burning a hole in their pockets are your clientele...
Kinda like illegal drugs sell themselves even if they could kill you the fools just keep using until they die or their warrantee claims are denied..

Makes sense, because so called rich fools never admit making mistakes, too much ego ...
I think my clientele are just less risk averse than you are, that's all. It's a simple spectrum. I think your drug analogy is inaccurate as well... It has little to do with them being "fools". Fools come in all shapes, sizes, and colors... There are rich ones, poor ones, ridiculously wealthy ones. I'm sure we can all agree they all these categories exist.

Would you agree that there's a group of people that exist that don't care about warranties? The risks are VERY low, and to them, the reward is well worth it. Who are we to judge what a person decides to spend their own money on? The money that they have earned? People get their cars modified everyday all over the world, technically voiding their warranties 27/7/365. I just did a crank hub kit on a brand new 2020 M4CS (just wanted to do it to bulletproof the car), 300 miles on it, drove it directly here, we tuned it for E85, and put on a CSF intercooler, Akrapovic catless downpipes, charge pipes, the whole 9... we tune and modify sub 1,500 mile cars all the time, literally every week.

I think that we all get that you don't agree with these choices, and again... that is perfectly fine Do what makes you comfortable. Don't do what makes you uncomfortable. Seems very straightforward to me.

Thanks!

Dave
Old 07-03-2020, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ronin

i was waiting for you to get unbanned so i can share with you some discoveries i made

in some files from mercedes (called A2L/DAMOS, google them. it’s what you load into WinOLS to make sense of the megabytes of data in an application + calibration file), in the MED1775 there are fields called “powertrain coordinator torque intervention”

aka

it’s undeniable that the ECU pulls power given commands from the CPC_NG

and then in the cpc_ng damos/a2l are mentions of torque limits that need to be raised in the calibration sector

aka it’s not just snake oil, these cars have torque limits in 3 modules
Old 07-03-2020, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The ECU pulls power because the manufacture builds in safeguards to keep the driving experience uneventful, unplanned roadside stops and flatbed trips to a minimum.
Not knowing the exact torque specs of every component in the drivetrain is just a crap shoot. Do ya feel lucky punk comes to mind.

Only a fool will turn it up to 12 when 11 is already more than fast enough but there are clearly enough fools to haveTyphoid Dave travel into town to take their money.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
The ECU pulls power because the manufacture builds in safeguards to keep the driving experience uneventful, unplanned roadside stops and flatbed trips to a minimum.
Not knowing the exact torque specs of every component in the drivetrain is just a crap shoot. Do ya feel lucky punk comes to mind.

Only a fool will turn it up to 12 when 11 is already more than fast enough but there are clearly enough fools to haveTyphoid Dave travel into town to take their money.

You big mad

Sorry if I offended you somehow - lol.

To my knowledge I don't have Typhoid either...

I would say the cars are set at a high 6, low 7 out of 10 from the factory... they are in no way coming out at 11, and again it's all personal preference. It sounds like your version of 11 is probably like my version of 5....

Thanks!

Dave

Old 07-03-2020, 02:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ronin, it is very weird that you argue against tuning when one of your amgs is tuned

an ecu tune “turns it to 11” like you said

these tcu + cpc flashes go with it

it’s weird that on one hand you like tuning, but on the other you **** on somebody “tuning harder/tuning more”
CALBenzo (07-04-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You big mad

Sorry if I offended you somehow - lol.

To my knowledge I don't have Typhoid either...

I would say the cars are set at a high 6, low 7 out of 10 from the factory... they are in no way coming out at 11, and again it's all personal preference. It sounds like your version of 11 is probably like my version of 5....

Thanks!

Dave
Why would I be mad ?
I'm not foolish enough to waste my money and car on this tuning without knowing the torque limits of the components being at risk.
Yeah you are from Texass so of course my 11 is your 5...

Dude you are traveling from a Covid-19 hot spot across the southwest therefore you are the equivalent of a Typhoid Mary.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:40 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Why would I be mad ?
I'm not foolish enough to waste my money and car on this tuning without knowing the torque limits of the components being at risk.
Yeah you are from Texass so of course my 11 is your 5...

Dude you are traveling from a Covid-19 hot spot across the southwest therefore you are the equivalent of a Typhoid Mary.

Ok, salty at the VERY least

That last part about your Covid fears/hysteria confirms and explains so much about your risk aversion. Gotta turn off the news...

I have built the fastest W211 E55 in the world (that I know of) - 9.64@144, It's on a stock bottom end/heads/cams. I have also built the fastest/quickest stock turbo W212 E63s (that I know of) - 10.16@136, stock bottom end/heads, completely stock diffs/axles/trans (aside from the TCU tune). Point here is that for the nearly 20 years I have worked on them... I have observed that MB/AMG have notoriously overbuilt (like a lot) their engines. Not super concerned about them holding together, especially at the lower power levels we mostly are shooting for.

Thanks!

Dave
billvp218 (07-23-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 239 Likes on 179 Posts
Trek Bike

That last part about your Covid fears/hysteria confirms and explains so much about your risk aversion. Gotta turn off the news...

I have built the fastest W211 E55 in the world (that I know of) - 9.64@144, It's on a stock bottom end/heads/cams. I have also built the fastest/quickest stock turbo W212 E63s (that I know of) - 10.16@136, stock bottom end/heads, completely stock diffs/axles/trans (aside from the TCU tune). Point here is that for the nearly 20 years I have worked on them... I have observed that MB/AMG have notoriously overbuilt (like a lot) their engines. Not super concerned about them holding together, especially at the lower power levels we mostly are shooting for.

Thanks!

Dave
Hi Dave,

Very impressive accomplishments, looking in the rear view mirror. Sort of speak...

How about W213: can you articulate why is your solution better than GAD which MrkiC63 has been so passionate about and selling for months on this forum?

Thanks!
Old 07-03-2020, 06:57 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by 6G Schnell
Hi Dave,

Very impressive accomplishments, looking in the rear view mirror. Sort of speak...

How about W213: can you articulate why is your solution better than GAD which MrkiC63 has been so passionate about and selling for months on this forum?

Thanks!
Thanks! - W213 will be coming soon no doubt... ECC in Toronto just built a monster 213 E63s, making just over 850whp/850wtq - ECU/TCU/CPC... TTH900 Turbos and Downpipes. Car is running pump gas!

I'm sure there's more on the table for that car once they add some E85!

As far as the differences go... My guess is that there are few. We'll see how that car performs 60-130 and whatnot.

Thanks!

Dave

Old 07-03-2020, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks!

Dave
Your comment about my concerns on the Covid-19 virus clearly shown me you are not anyone I would ever do business with.
My son recovered from it and my mom passed away two weeks ago from it.... You are just showing your complete lack of knowledge on the topic.

Please catch / infect all the fools you like on your road trip..
Old 07-03-2020, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Your comment about my concerns on the Covid-19 virus clearly shown me you are not anyone I would ever do business with.
My son recovered from it and my mom passed away two weeks ago from it.... You are just showing your complete lack of knowledge on the topic.

Please catch / infect all the fools you like on your road trip..
Very sorry for your loss... Lost a loved here as well, and have had several friends in SoCal/NYC recover from it already.

Didn't ever plan on doing business with you anyhow - we aren't a good fit - that much is clear...So much anger towards a person on the internet who you've never met. Either way...it's perfectly fine with me

Thanks!

Dave

Old 07-03-2020, 09:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 567 Likes on 391 Posts
2018 E63S AMG
Very sorry for your loss... Lost a loved here as well, and have had several friends in SoCal/NYC recover from it already.

Didn't ever plan on doing business with you anyhow - we aren't a good fit - that much is clear...So much anger towards a person on the internet who you've never met. Either way...it's perfectly fine with me

Thanks!

Dave
Honestly, that seems a rather dickish response . . .
ronin amg (08-04-2020)
Old 07-03-2020, 10:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

93' 500E, 95' Corolla
Originally Posted by E634Me
Honestly, that seems a rather dickish response . . .
​​​​​​Sorry you feel that way, however it is what it is. Ronin came out swinging from the beginning for no reason at all, without ever dealing with me a single time. I'm not going to try and be his friend, and I am not a salesman trying to hock some sort of snake oil. I offer a service - and I expect a high level of respect from my clients which I gladly reciprocate. If a person is disrespectful from the outset for no reason, I have no desire to work with or for that person. Would you? Can't imagine you would...

Thanks!

Dave
Old 07-04-2020, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

​​​​​​Sorry you feel that way, however it is what it is. Ronin came out swinging from the beginning for no reason at all, without ever dealing with me a single time. I'm not going to try and be his friend, and I am not a salesman trying to hock some sort of snake oil. I offer a service - and I expect a high level of respect from my clients which I gladly reciprocate. If a person is disrespectful from the outset for no reason, I have no desire to work with or for that person. Would you? Can't imagine you would...

Thanks!

Dave
Where I come from respect is earned before given..
"Respect: a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their actions, qualities or achievements."

So far you aren't even close to achieving it and fact is you don't even have a W213 CPU option listed but you are posting your fools buy in tuning on a W213 heading.
Old 07-04-2020, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"All factory safeguards retained with an increase in torque limits within hardware limitations."
But you don't know what those limits are since nothing is posted to inform your
clientele what these safeguards are, it's just trust me I got this from some guy in Germany

No listings for a W213....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: 722.9/ 9G TCU Tuning - US Tour - Coming very soon to a city near YOU :)