Sponsored by:

Enabling Live Traffic for NAVI Maps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E43 SEDAN
Enabling Live Traffic for NAVI Maps

I have a 2018 E43 that I recently purchased as a CPO. The NAVI Maps the car came with were the original OEM that came from the factory and dated 2017-2018.

I had it updated at a MB dealership to the most recent updated map and its now North America 2023 (V24.0).

However, it does not have LIVE Traffic updates and I wish to get this on the Map.

1. I contacted Sirius XM and they provide Live Traffic for a subscription but they said they do not support this car of mine. They suggested I contact MB-USA's MBrace and they should be able to provide the service I'm looking for.

2. I was in touch with MBrace and enrolled a subscription for Roadside service and other services too but MBrace said they do not have Live Traffic service. And I should contact SiriusXM.

So, the ping-pong game has started and I'm stuck in the middle.

I also read that HERE Technologies signed up with MB and were to support Live Traffic service and I am unable to get any info on this.

Can someone here help me how I can get Live Traffic service for my car ?

Thank you in advance !!

P.S. I live in the US hence Live Traffic service has to be a US service provider.
Old 05-09-2023, 10:14 PM

Received 103 Likes on 74 Posts
Current :2018 E63S and a 2018 GLE 63S . Prior, CLA 250, C450 AMG, 2017 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by audio_engr
I have a 2018 E43 that I recently purchased as a CPO. The NAVI Maps the car came with were the original OEM that came from the factory and dated 2017-2018.

I had it updated at a MB dealership to the most recent updated map and its now North America 2023 (V24.0).

However, it does not have LIVE Traffic updates and I wish to get this on the Map.

1. I contacted Sirius XM and they provide Live Traffic for a subscription but they said they do not support this car of mine. They suggested I contact MB-USA's MBrace and they should be able to provide the service I'm looking for.

2. I was in touch with MBrace and enrolled a subscription for Roadside service and other services too but MBrace said they do not have Live Traffic service. And I should contact SiriusXM.

So, the ping-pong game has started and I'm stuck in the middle.

I also read that HERE Technologies signed up with MB and were to support Live Traffic service and I am unable to get any info on this.

Can someone here help me how I can get Live Traffic service for my car ?

Thank you in advance !!

P.S. I live in the US hence Live Traffic service has to be a US service provider.

When my subscription ended, I was bounced around just like you. I was finally told that XM Radio no longer contract with Mercedes for the live traffic, therefore, it is no longer available. My inquiry was about 2 years ago. I am still pretty pissed about it.
The following users liked this post:
audio_engr (05-09-2023)
Old 05-09-2023, 10:34 PM

E43 SEDAN
Originally Posted by atl 2 chi
When my subscription ended, I was bounced around just like you. I was finally told that XM Radio no longer contract with Mercedes for the live traffic, therefore, it is no longer available. My inquiry was about 2 years ago. I am still pretty pissed about it.
Thank you for your response. Its such a shame on MB-USA for leaving AMG owners in the woods ... someone ought to get his @$$ kicked !!
The following users liked this post:
atl 2 chi (05-10-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 12:37 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 317 Likes on 234 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
I renewed mine earlier this year when the original term expired. MB sent me an email that all my services needed to be renewed. I renewed some, but not all, but did renew Live Traffic.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:41 AM

E43 SEDAN
You have a 2019 E63S and the reason you were able to renew the Live Traffic is probably b'coz Mercedes allows you to use their Mercedes me Connect service that I unfortunately cannot on my 2018 E43. Mercedes Me Connect does not support me and I am to believe the Live Traffic on my car was supported by TomTom service provider. I am to understand that earlier to Mercedes Me Connect service, they had the similar service under the heading MBrace that supported MB vehicles from 2016-2018.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Here's what someone said on another Forum related to his 2018 MB vehicle.

Apparently MB has severed its relationship with the Traffic service provider, TomTom, and anyone whose subscription has run out cannot renew (like I just found out on my 2018 E350!). These cars are also not compatible with Sirius XM Traffic, so owners are sh*t out of luck.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,900 Likes on 2,609 Posts
2019 C63CS
Unfortunately, TomTom ended the relationship with MB a few years back and with that Live Traffic has disappeared as an available service for 2018 and older model years. SiriusXM never provided live traffic for the W213 and the system doesn't support it. You are unfortunately SOL. There's no more live traffic services for the 2018 and older W213. The mBrace platform as such is end of live. It was replaced with the new Mercedes me connect platform starting with model years 2019 across the line up. HERE is partly owned by Mercedes together with BMW and Audi. They are providing the map data etc., as well as now live traffic for Mercedes me connect vehicles replacing TomTom, but MB has not done the same for mBrace. Instead they have effectively terminated live traffic for the W213 mBrace based model years.

Last edited by superswiss; 05-12-2023 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 10:58 AM

E43 SEDAN
Thank you for the update. Hmm! looks like I am totally out of luck ...

Trending Topics

Old 05-27-2024, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E43 AMG
Originally Posted by audio_engr
Thank you for the update. Hmm! looks like I am totally out of luck ...
hey man I just signed up for this site to tell you I went round and round for the past few weeks, tearing my hair out to figure this out! I ended up ordering an AI Box. Such a better option in the end anyway. Mine gets delivered today. Here’s the one I ordered -

https://a.co/d/cOx4ikA

I was able to check mark a box for a $110 discount so my total was like $199 out the door taxes/shipping the whole nine.

I’ll be able to watch live TV and do everything with this. Everything I do to a jailbroken firestick plus more. Hope this helps

good luck!