W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

Where is everybody?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2024, 11:09 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,831 Likes on 2,412 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by LMinn
I think a contributing factor to the lower sales was the crazy prices for their EV lineup(s). I'm not in tune to say they fixed it yet, but they were overpriced, and that was noticed by casual buyers too.
The lower sales also has to do with them specifically wanted (if I recalled correctly part of their announced strategy) to cut production and inventory but raise profit margin on each vehicle instead.
The following users liked this post:
LMinn (07-10-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 11:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by Baltistyle
I think it is hard to compare a company like the Volkswagen group who have so many different offerings across different brands that combining economies of scalethey can serve each part of the industry as a niche product with lower costs. Mercedes, though it does have other brands, was known for being the best form of travel for the wealthy and elite with Amg being an upgrade for the wealthy hooligan. Mercedes had very different district tiers of vehicles but the trend of making everything look the same and trying to offer too many similar options for each tier really means that they lose the customer that wants something different other than size, such as a v8, v12, twin turbo, wagon etc. If the models all have the same engines and tech and size is the only difference, are they even really offering multiple products? Mercedes just has a different business model than the past and their typical wealthy older buyer is rejecting new tech. I believe this class of people understand they want what they want and can afford AND they take their business elsewhere which is very different than fanboys that are brand loyal. I also don’t think we can compare a Macan which is a cheap porshe model for all intents and purposes, vs a “true” amg or exclusive sclass at much higher cost. Had Mercedes only created a cheap Tesla ev they likely would fair better, but again that’s a cheap Mercedes diluting what the brand stood for. The only reason people pay for an expensive Tesla is hype, not quality, and an older Mercedes buyer wants the latter. I’m 45 and could never see myself in a Tesla, no matter how fast or autonomous. The quality is just crap. It’s unfortunate that Mercedes tried to follow that model because they are not a tech bubble company.

so does the forum action now depend only on the fanboys while those that chase tech are using different tech to communicate. Communication difficulties between generations is clearly a thing.
Then there is also the issue with FOMO : (
Old 07-10-2024, 12:31 PM

Received 83 Likes on 39 Posts
2016 E63 Selenite Wagon (670hp/830tq on E30); 2018 E63 Selenite Wagon (700hp/650tq on 93)
Originally Posted by b0rderman
PeterUbers hit the nail on the head, bit of an awkward stage right now. The fchat guys have gone back to their home forums, and the DIY RMS guys have not yet arrived...but we are definitely functional...just not about to set any records on our AMG underwear group buys.
Well sh$t...went from the W212 to the W213 forum when I went from 2016 to 2018 wagon, and have been lurking for months waiting for the AMG underwear group buy to have b0rderman ruin my dreams...guess I'm out...lol

but in all seriousness, I read a lot of posts but don't post often myself...sorta pop in, catch up on things and return to my work as I almost entirely use the forum as a "smoke break" during the day.
E63S Hopeful (07-12-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 607 Likes on 346 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by Wolfman
Am baffled by the attitude and some of the comments in this thread. This is one of the most lightly moderated forums and none of the moderators would care about forum revenues from sponsors. Posts get deleted when people don't stay on topic (this includes politics) and things get too offensive. Plus trying to get rid of the never-ending spam...

As for the W213 AMG forum, I believe that @PeterUbers in post 32 put it best; it's just a part of the model life cycle where things ebb and flow and this feel like the low point.

Is that why I’m getting threatening DMs from a vendor on this forum for an opinion? Also my post was sneakily edited by mods.

LOL
Old 07-11-2024, 05:57 PM

Received 117 Likes on 59 Posts
2023 E63S AMG - Grey Magno
Am baffled by the attitude and some of the comments in this thread. This is one of the most lightly moderated forums and none of the moderators would care about forum revenues from sponsors. Posts get deleted when people don't stay on topic (this includes politics) and things get too offensive. Plus trying to get rid of the never-ending spam...

As for the W213 AMG forum, I believe that @PeterUbers in post 32 put it best; it's just a part of the model life cycle where things ebb and flow and this feel like the low point.
I completely disagree with this. I made one comment to benz ninja and my post was deleted and I was warned because he's a "sponsor". My post was as it relates to his ads looking very scammy which they totally do. Many on here will agree with my statement. Why do vendor classified forums even exist if we are letting one guy beat us to hell here with 4 star this, 4 star that. It's literally one guy on here that's turning us off from this forum and you guys are treating him like a god.

Last edited by zukmeister; 07-11-2024 at 05:59 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by zukmeister:
MB2timer (07-12-2024), TugboatBill (07-12-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 06:13 PM

Received 113 Likes on 59 Posts
2018 AMG E63s Ed1
overreaction!

It is summer, everyone is driving, doing outside activities etc. I do not come on here unless there is some question pending but... i am at 138k miles and no issues have cropped up!
The following 2 users liked this post by figuwx:
I.T. Guy (07-11-2024), zukmeister (07-12-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 516 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by raudiace4
Is that why I’m getting threatening DMs from a vendor on this forum for an opinion? Also my post was sneakily edited by mods.

LOL
Completely unacceptable for any vendor to threaten users, especially through private DMs and that's not the first time this happened (another user posted the same just 2 days ago about being attacked via DMs before the post was removed). Actually this behavior is not only unprofessional but downright nasty and can ne even more concerning when a vendor has a long history of harassing users against several users. There is only one vendor on this forum that does that, and has done it, and we all know it. Shame!

BTW, you could simply report any nasty messages you get from any vendor directly to the forum, so that this vendor will think twice next time before attacking users via DMs. Click reply, and replace the name under the "To" line to one of the moderators. I had to do that before and report a harassing message and scamming link that came from a newly created "fake/hide" account that was originally used to post fake praises or reviews all towards one vendor. That "fake" and "hide like a kid" account was BANNED and I still have the messages. Interestingly enough, few days later, the vendor that I suspected being the source was banned for 2 weeks for attacking others on the forum. It's a shame when people want to offer services but can't accept rejection. Do you want to know the difference between real businesses versus kids offering services on the web: Real business take bad reviews as a chance to improve their bad reputation. As one of the mods said before, and I believe this is true, they put zero value to the fact that an account is for a sponsor vs fan/user when reviewing things around, so am hopping that the harassing DMs you got will be taken seriously. .
TugboatBill (07-12-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 240 Likes on 180 Posts
Trek Bike
Originally Posted by S_W222
Completely unacceptable for any vendor to threaten users, especially through private DMs and that's not the first time this happened (another user posted the same just 2 days ago about being attacked via DMs before the post was removed). Actually this behavior is not only unprofessional but downright nasty and can ne even more concerning when a vendor has a long history of harassing users against several users. There is only one vendor on this forum that does that, and has done it, and we all know it. Shame!

BTW, you could simply report any nasty messages you get from any vendor directly to the forum, so that this vendor will think twice next time before attacking users via DMs. Click reply, and replace the name under the "To" line to one of the moderators. I had to do that before and report a harassing message and scamming link that came from a newly created "fake/hide" account that was originally used to post fake praises or reviews all towards one vendor. That "fake" and "hide like a kid" account was BANNED and I still have the messages. Interestingly enough, few days later, the vendor that I suspected being the source was banned for 2 weeks for attacking others on the forum. It's a shame when people want to offer services but can't accept rejection. Do you want to know the difference between real businesses versus kids offering services on the web: Real business take bad reviews as a chance to improve their bad reputation. As one of the mods said before, and I believe this is true, they put zero value to the fact that an account is for a sponsor vs fan/user when reviewing things around, so am hopping that the harassing DMs you got will be taken seriously. .
Thanks for great suggestion, unfortunately does not work as advertised on this “lightly moderated” forum.
Case in point: while back vendor started personal attacks as I questioned their claims. Including provocative DMs…And guess what, after reporting the issue - my responses were deleted!
So, I was afraid to post anything for a while as mighty moderators would ban me for life! Went into hiding for few years…

My 2c: there is no simple answer to “where is everybody”.
What we have found so far:
we lost fun factor, no new members as mb sales are 4% lower compared to the same period last year, vendors attacking members on this forum…
Is there anything else?
The following 2 users liked this post by 6G Schnell:
MB2timer (07-13-2024), PeterUbers (07-11-2024)
Old 07-11-2024, 10:51 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,177 Likes on 1,529 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
.... aaaand you can't edit your posts after 15 minutes anymore
The following 2 users liked this post by PeterUbers:
asc (07-12-2024), I.T. Guy (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 01:07 AM
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy

Received 216 Likes on 173 Posts
SL63
A lot of very good points and comments are being presented in this thread. I hope it opens some ears and eyes in a productive way. Sometimes negative criticism is a blessing in disguise, and not an attack meant to destroy.
The following 3 users liked this post by MB2timer:
6G Schnell (07-12-2024), asc (07-12-2024), zukmeister (07-12-2024)
Old 07-12-2024, 06:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,199 Likes on 631 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
This one bit me in the *** in the “life and journey” thread. The intent was to go back and cross out / link all the planned modifications on the first page to their respective posts when completed.
Old 07-12-2024, 07:47 AM
Out Of Control!!

15 minutes? Yikes did they change it again? Last they set it to 240 minutes: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post8954249

Apparently, after that time, you need to report your own post to get a moderator to edit.
Old 07-12-2024, 05:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
15 minutes? Yikes did they change it again? Last they set it to 240 minutes: https://mbworld.org/forums/w212-amg/...ml#post8954249

Apparently, after that time, you need to report your own post to get a moderator to edit.
I did exaggerate for sure -- sure seems like 15 minutes tho. It made the ongoing editing of the sticky a pain. Now's it's not organized or as pretty - same issue will be the case with the w213 amg ultimate guide sticky

Last edited by PeterUbers; 07-12-2024 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-12-2024, 06:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

I did exaggerate for sure -- sure seems like 15 minutes tho. It made the ongoing editing of the sticky a pain. Now's it's not organized or as pretty - same issue will be the case with the w213 amg ultimate guide sticky
Ya it does feel like just 15 minutes.
Old 07-13-2024, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3,343 Likes on 2,064 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
Originally Posted by zukmeister
I completely disagree with this. I made one comment to benz ninja and my post was deleted and I was warned because he's a "sponsor". My post was as it relates to his ads looking very scammy which they totally do. Many on here will agree with my statement. Why do vendor classified forums even exist if we are letting one guy beat us to hell here with 4 star this, 4 star that. It's literally one guy on here that's turning us off from this forum and you guys are treating him like a god.
Disagree as you wish. We deal with scammers everyday so when you call someone a scammer you have to actually back that up. You also weren’t warned, just notified that your post was deleted. Disliking any vendors model, marketing or approach is something else and you have the choice to ignore them or report it if there is a valid reason.
Vendors are likewise are not immune to repercussions when they are out of line.
Old 07-13-2024, 07:05 AM

Received 402 Likes on 280 Posts
13 s212 63 p30. 03 s55amg. 06 LX470
The above response represents the exact reason the thread was started. I’ve been treated the same way and and just been told that my view is wrong and the mod view is correct when they were absolutely unabashedly wrong. Omnipotent power really does make people act like trash and that’s a reason people stay away. It’s very likely that if this poster sticks up for himself in the thread that his words will be deleted, changed, moderated, twisted.

I vote that the moderators leave this thread.
Like seriously why couldn’t they just stay quiet and observe. Nope, gotta stick up for themselves when they feel they are the ones that have been threatened even though their names have never been used, they know they are trash….it’s the first sign of guilt.

Last edited by Baltistyle; 07-13-2024 at 07:08 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Baltistyle:
MB2timer (07-13-2024), zukmeister (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 09:21 AM

Doubleposted

Last edited by zukmeister; 07-13-2024 at 09:24 AM.
MB2timer (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 09:22 AM

Disagree as you wish. We deal with scammers everyday so when you call someone a scammer you have to actually back that up. You also weren’t warned, just notified that your post was deleted. Disliking any vendors model, marketing or approach is something else and you have the choice to ignore them or report it if there is a valid reason.
Vendors are likewise are not immune to repercussions when they are out of line.
That last part is a total lie as it has been proven numerous times in this thread alone. Sponsors especially the mighty BenzNinja that consistently spams this forum, ****s on members ideas that don’t align with what he’s selling, and has a thread at the top of the page every single day get preferential treatment and we are just peasants. You know and we know it. We aren’t stupid

Last edited by zukmeister; 07-13-2024 at 09:30 AM.
Keith66 (07-13-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 09:31 AM
Veteran: ArmyVeteran: Navy

Received 216 Likes on 173 Posts
SL63
Maybe Caligula wasn’t the one who was the inspiration for the phrase, but he definitely made the phrase famous…Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Lord Acton was credited for creating the phrase, but he was a millennium or so after Caligula.
In Latin, the native language of Rome,
Potentia corumpit
et
Potentia absolutia corrumpit absolutia.
Old 07-13-2024, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3,343 Likes on 2,064 Posts
AMG GTC Roadster, E63s Ed.1, M8 Comp. Coupe
The above response represents the exact reason the thread was started. I’ve been treated the same way and and just been told that my view is wrong and the mod view is correct when they were absolutely unabashedly wrong. Omnipotent power really does make people act like trash and that’s a reason people stay away. It’s very likely that if this poster sticks up for himself in the thread that his words will be deleted, changed, moderated, twisted.

Like seriously why couldn’t they just stay quiet and observe. Nope, gotta stick up for themselves when they feel they are the ones that have been threatened even though their names have never been used, they know they are trash….it’s the first sign of guilt.
This happens to be a moderated forum. If you are looking for an unmoderated one I suggest to look elsewhere.
Old 07-13-2024, 02:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
e wagon
Right to repair, and DIY solutions, are necessary for the car enthusiast community to thrive.

This is why open discussion, and searchable archives are so important.

More and more people are realizing that the social media apps they’ve become addicted to have lousy search and archive functionality.

Forums will have a resurgence of activity.

@PeterUbers W212 Sticky thread helped me when researching that generation. A similar compendium of resources and DIY would be helpful for W213.

If users dislike the way a forum is being moderated, I’ll make a new forum. @I.T. Guy hit me up. ten dollar burrito at gmail.
PeterUbers (07-22-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 04:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 793 Likes on 516 Posts
Current/Last 5-years: GLS,X5,Tesla,Accord; Sold:S560;S550,2x X7; X5;BMW 530e;Lincoln Navigator;LS460
Originally Posted by zukmeister
That last part is a total lie as it has been proven numerous times in this thread alone. Sponsors especially the mighty BenzNinja that consistently spams this forum, ****s on members ideas that don’t align with what he’s selling, and has a thread at the top of the page every single day get preferential treatment and we are just peasants. You know and we know it. We aren’t stupid

While I don't disagree that there are areas for improvement as far as moderating in some forums, I think I have seen a number of incidents wherein the situation of this particular vendor that many people here obviously feel uncomfortable around got moderated and punished and asked to hide and stop harassing in public. I have seen that he got banned too for weeks in the past, and until this moment you can search and find some of his secondary accounts are still banned to date. This is an indication that the system works for both sides, for us the users and a vendor with bad presence. Am not trying to disagree with the above, but when we (the users community) use the report bottom the right way, we can actually get nasty things removed easily. That vendor knows how to report his stuff and use loopholes in the forum rules to report things (example, when two of the users here exposed him of how he is harassing and attacking them via DMs, he reported them and used the forum rule that nobody can post screenshots of private messages as a "valid" complaints). In that case i'd expect that mods need to also listen to the user when the harasser (this vendor) is the one technically at fault t begin with even though the user broke one of the forum rules and posted a screenshot. It just shows you how nasty things can be when user is not familiar with forum rules, and at the end of the day mods need to follow the forum rules regardless.... I have no doubt that they took actions against the harassment but we only get to see what is posted. The guy got his tongue surgically operated before and the situation am seeing nowadays is much much much much better than the past when several users were harassed in public in forums, at least now it appears to me that he is not allowed to harass users in public anymore (and that's good sign that mods did their job when in the past that was the case). My point is from all of this, if we see something that we dislike, we can report it, or use free speech and simply say hey I this sucks, or just ignore it like I do and block that user to not see his posts. At the end of the day, moderation is a process and like any process we can't expect it to be perfect.
The following 3 users liked this post by S_W222:
Keith66 (07-13-2024), PeterUbers (07-13-2024), TugboatBill (07-15-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 539 Posts
2018 AMG E43
Since this seems to be a #metoo moment (lol), I too have received multiple hateful and threatening DMs from BenzNinja in the past and he was banned about a year ago for doing this to multiple members, and using multiple shell accounts to like his own posts and "reviews", hateful behavior, etc., but he was allowed back in to continue doing the same which he is still doing now. This has been going on for years here, nothing new unfortunately.

I'm fairly certain that if I sent only one threatening DM to any member here, I would be swiftly banned… and rightfully so. There should be zero tolerance for that BS here, never mind over and over and over for years with zero action.

I was asked by the moderating staff here to stop challenging Benz Ninja’s lies, as to not "provoke" him and threaten his fragile man-child ego and I have been respecting that request for quite a while now, however we have all been enduring this BS and hate from a sponsor and when we speak up about it, we are treated like the antagonists instead of the victims.

I am not the problem here. I welcome anyone to go into my user profile and view my posting history. I have nothing to hide and I know I'm not a hateful or disrespectful person or part of any issue here.

A member posted in this thread referring to Benz Ninja as "this moron" and the comment was swiftly removed by a moderator, yet I posted a screenshot and a link of the thread so it can be viewed in context of Benz Ninja calling members "a deranged hater with 0 knowledge" "cheap haters" and "terrorists" while jumping into a discussion spewing lies and hateful behavior out of nowhere for no apparent reason and that stands. Fair moderation, yeah okay.

This is not MBWorld anymore, it's BenzNinjaWorld. The FQDN is available if you guys want to make the change official:

https://www.godaddy.com/domainsearch...ninjaworld.com

I'm impressed that the moderators and Benz Ninja apologists can even see the screen or type anything with Benz Ninja's ***** on your chin.

Last edited by Keith66; 07-13-2024 at 06:28 PM.
MB2timer (07-14-2024)
Old 07-13-2024, 04:38 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by S_W222
While I don't disagree that there are areas for improvement as far as moderating in some forums, I think I have seen a number of incidents wherein the situation of this particular vendor that many people here obviously feel uncomfortable around got moderated and punished and asked to hide and stop harassing in public. I have seen that he got banned too for weeks in the past, and until this moment you can search and find some of his secondary accounts are still banned to date. This is an indication that the system works for both sides, for us the users and a vendor with bad presence. Am not trying to disagree with the above, but when we (the users community) use the report bottom the right way, we can actually get nasty things removed easily. That vendor knows how to report his stuff and use loopholes in the forum rules to report things (example, when two of the users here exposed him of how he is harassing and attacking them via DMs, he reported them and used the forum rule that nobody can post screenshots of private messages as a "valid" complaints). In that case i'd expect that mods need to also listen to the user when the harasser (this vendor) is the one technically at fault t begin with even though the user broke one of the forum rules and posted a screenshot. It just shows you how nasty things can be when user is not familiar with forum rules, and at the end of the day mods need to follow the forum rules regardless.... I have no doubt that they took actions against the harassment but we only get to see what is posted. The guy got his tongue surgically operated before and the situation am seeing nowadays is much much much much better than the past when several users were harassed in public in forums, at least now it appears to me that he is not allowed to harass users in public anymore (and that's good sign that mods did their job when in the past that was the case). My point is from all of this, if we see something that we dislike, we can report it, or use free speech and simply say hey I this sucks, or just ignore it like I do and block that user to not see his posts. At the end of the day, moderation is a process and like any process we can't expect it to be perfect.
well said
Old 07-13-2024, 04:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Originally Posted by täglich
Right to repair, and DIY solutions, are necessary for the car enthusiast community to thrive.

This is why open discussion, and searchable archives are so important.

More and more people are realizing that the social media apps they’ve become addicted to have lousy search and archive functionality.

Forums will have a resurgence of activity.

@PeterUbers W212 Sticky thread helped me when researching that generation. A similar compendium of resources and DIY would be helpful for W213.

If users dislike the way a forum is being moderated, I’ll make a new forum. @I.T. Guy hit me up. ten dollar burrito at gmail.
here's my start to it ....

https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...ons-miami.html

like we discussed ... the cheaper and more accessible a car like this becomes, the more it's discussed and discussed in different DIY ways. Look at w212 and all the things people discuss re repairs that just aren't discussed here. It's led to the legendary oil solenoids thread and fascinating discussions about engine longevity which frankly most owners of brand new Amgs could care less about since they trade or sell them within the b2b.

for me it's been cool to enjoy that ride for 10 years with my 2014 e63 and made some good friends as a result too. All wins. Nasty sponsors and lurkers and trolls came and went and will continue to do so. Ignore is your friend, both digitally and consciously.

Last edited by PeterUbers; 07-13-2024 at 04:46 PM.
I.T. Guy (07-13-2024)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Where is everybody?