Where is everybody?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2024, 08:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,155 Likes on 605 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Originally Posted by täglich
Right to repair, and DIY solutions, are necessary for the car enthusiast community to thrive.

This is why open discussion, and searchable archives are so important.

More and more people are realizing that the social media apps they’ve become addicted to have lousy search and archive functionality.

Forums will have a resurgence of activity.

@PeterUbers W212 Sticky thread helped me when researching that generation. A similar compendium of resources and DIY would be helpful for W213.

If users dislike the way a forum is being moderated, I’ll make a new forum. @I.T. Guy hit me up. ten dollar burrito at gmail.
I hope you are right about resurgence of forums. I wholeheartedly agree with the consolidation of easily searchable content and organized posting history.

As for a new forum -eek-!! I started this thread to get more people to THIS forum. I like it here.

Every forum will have it's challenges for sure, but I don't see many issues here with Personal Insults, Politics and Religion, Flame Wars, etc. _because_ it's moderated. I'm perfectly ok if those things keep getting sanitized by mods. If I wanted an "anything goes" place to fight the internet fight I would go somewhere else. That's just not my thing.

Ignore is a tool. And if one using said tool can't self regulate and skip over threads started by someone on ignore that they are not interested in reading, maybe read the TOS section on Conduct and take whatever personal action necessary. There's also nifty sections on Moderation, Interaction With Others, etc.

Humans have proven over and over again that we can't "just get along" so some kind of rules and enforcement need to exist.
And
No one is perfect.

I hope everyone sticks around and no one runs off. That would be a shame.

Last edited by I.T. Guy; 07-13-2024 at 08:18 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by I.T. Guy:
Keith66 (07-13-2024), LMinn (07-15-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 02:36 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
2019 Magno E-63 S
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
How do we get this forum pumped up? No one seems to post anymore.
Is this just the general decline of the internet forums?
Where are all the cool kids going?
Bring them back!
I feel like there’s a general decline in forums. To be honest I was surprised to see such a strong forum following in the MB community. I was a Subaru enthusiast until it went to poop after Toyota bought em out. NASIOC and IWSTI forums were full of active members back in the early 2000’s, but have died or since been taken over by internet tough guys and keyboarding trolls. It’s just sad to see, but I subscribe to threads and try to stay checking in.
Old 07-14-2024, 04:54 AM

Received 152 Likes on 121 Posts
SL63
I am a bit surprised that this thread has blown up. Obviously there was a lot of pent up resentment that boiled over. You can’t keep that bottled up forever. It eventually erupts somewhere.
The following 3 users liked this post by MB2timer:
HBerman (07-14-2024), Keith66 (07-14-2024), zukmeister (07-15-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 05:40 AM

Received 196 Likes on 151 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon
Manual Transmission Subarus were Awesome

Originally Posted by SpydrMnky
I feel like there’s a general decline in forums. To be honest I was surprised to see such a strong forum following in the MB community. I was a Subaru enthusiast until it went to poop after Toyota bought em out. NASIOC and IWSTI forums were full of active members back in the early 2000’s, but have died or since been taken over by internet tough guys and keyboarding trolls. It’s just sad to see, but I subscribe to threads and try to stay checking in.
Had a 2002 WRX manual with awesome Recaro seats...was able to drive that bug-eye 19-hours straight without any body fatigue. Test drove the STI that I thought was a time-machine but later bought 4 GM-Holden V8s because of GMS Employee Pricing. Still participate on Chevy SS Forums since had a 2017 A6 and still own a 2015 M6 SS Sedan that Albert Biermann fashioned after his iconic BMW E39 M5. My 2021 AMG Wagon with its TTV8 was more of a Stargate with its brutal acceleration thru time and space that had excellent road manners on Treks thru the Mountain and Canyon Portals of the Southwest. Last Subaru was a leased 2013 XV Crosstrek 5-stick that I used as company car for off-road duty at Missile Range. Refueled it every 3-weeks since it had great mpg. All it needed was the WRX's Boxer Turbo-4 powerplant to be Great but Subaru by that time was more focused on company profits over performance. The CVT was the Downfall of all Automotive Bliss after its introduction worldwide...

2013-2015
The following 3 users liked this post by Drone_S213:
HBerman (07-14-2024), I.T. Guy (07-14-2024), SpydrMnky (07-14-2024)
Old 07-15-2024, 02:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,155 Likes on 605 Posts
2023 E63S Wagon
Did Facebook Kill the Car Forum?

https://www.hagerty.com/media/great-...the-car-forum/
Old 07-15-2024, 07:11 PM
SPONSOR

Received 240 Likes on 185 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy
I was going to mention something like this, it is easier to join a "Mercedes-Benz" group on Facebook since people are familiar and already have the accounts vs. signing up somewhere new/unfamiliar. However I feel Facebook groups are very surface level, and more for photos or simple questions and answers. It is very hard to search for a post or information with-in a facebook group even from a couple days ago.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
The following 2 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
AB550 (07-15-2024), I.T. Guy (07-16-2024)