W213 AMG Discuss the W213 AMG - 2017 to present

extending CPO vs. Fidelity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old Today | 11:44 AM

991.1 C4S
extending CPO vs. Fidelity

Hello MBWorld! I finally found my ideal family hauler and it's an 2021 CPO'd E63 with 25k miles. CPO warranty carries it through December 2026, or roughly 2 years from now. I have the option to extend it by 2 years for $6500 with unlimited miles, but to be honest I don't see myself putting on more than 10 - 12k a year given that I daily my 911 when I'm not carrying teens and their sports gear. The catch with extending the CPO is that I need to buy it now. You guys have a recent post summarizing the options with Fidelity warranties, which I have no experience with but they seem a more reasonable price point.

Would you buy the CPO warranty now or purchase the Fidelity down the road? We have 3 dealerships in my metropolitan area so I'm not beholden to one service department but I always like the customer service and loaner that dealerships provide (at the exorbitant labor rates). And I like the psychological safety of having a manufacturer warranty go for 4 years where I don't have to worry about anything other than expendables. I also have a great independent shop that is the most honest crew I've ever experienced. Shout out to Matrix Integrated.

$6500 for CPO now vs. purchasing Fidelity down the road?

Thoughts? I'm super excited to be joining the AMG crowd. thank you!
Old Today | 12:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Fidelity down the road, hands down for me.

Nosce te up sum - know thyself. Sounds like you're comfortable with the dealer and manufacturer warranty - therefore maybe best to do that.

Last edited by PeterUbers; Today at 12:02 PM.