Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Cops Pulling over Cars with Rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2002, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E55
Cops Pulling over Cars with Rims

You know I was cruzing tonight around the Manhattan Beach area in California and noticed cops where pulling cars over left to right. I am guessing it is the end of the month and they have to fullfill their ticket quota. Anyways, I would say most of the cars they pulled over had Rims.

You people with Rims out there, do you noticed you guys get pulled over more often?

Wreck
Old 07-29-2002, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 198 Likes on 156 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
Cops profile driver. It depends on your age and race!
Old 07-29-2002, 10:54 AM
Out Of Control!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Cops Pulling over Cars with Rims

Originally posted by Wreck
You know I was cruzing tonight around the Manhattan Beach area in California and noticed cops where pulling cars over left to right. I am guessing it is the end of the month and they have to fullfill their ticket quota. Anyways, I would say most of the cars they pulled over had Rims.

You people with Rims out there, do you noticed you guys get pulled over more often?

Wreck
Is this something new? Never heard of this? Maybe i should take off my rims?
Old 07-29-2002, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS350
Please Jam for the love of god do not take off the rims!! As for the cops pulling over people, I've never had any problems with any police when i lived in cali, and i had a red SLK slammed with chrome Carlsson 1/5's
Old 07-29-2002, 04:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Are you sure they were cops and not fashion police?
Old 07-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by Tezta
Please Jam for the love of god do not take off the rims!! As for the cops pulling over people, I've never had any problems with any police when i lived in cali, and i had a red SLK slammed with chrome Carlsson 1/5's
okay Tezta

Putting them back on... LOL!
Old 07-29-2002, 06:43 PM

I get puled over all of the time I know it's not because of my Rims

Trending Topics

Old 07-29-2002, 09:23 PM

2001 C240 6spd
Here in Phoenix, police by ASU..down Mill Avenue sit in the median with laptops. They watch cars go by...and if you go by more then a certain amount of times, they type your plate # in the laptop, see if you have a record/outstanding tickets/etc/etc.....if you dont, they call a nearby police unit and you get pulled over for illegal cruising....nice way to make a few bucks.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:05 PM

c240
i have a black benz still stock rims and police like to gimme looks like "hmm i wonder what he does" cuz i look so young
just the other day a cop followed me in china town it was weird....
Old 07-30-2002, 10:20 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by 604_kpEscoba
i have a black benz still stock rims and police like to gimme looks like "hmm i wonder what he does" cuz i look so young
just the other day a cop followed me in china town it was weird....
Maybe they like you!? lol!
Old 07-30-2002, 10:42 AM

E55
Originally posted by JamE55

Maybe they like you!? lol!
Careful when you drive around Monterey Park and Alhambra James. They like to pull over fixed up cars, but then again the people they pull over are people with loud exuast and people wearing their hats backupwards. So I guess the cop preceive them as punks.

I don't have an exuast, but I do wear my hat backwards. I haven't got pull over in my benzo yet.

Last edited by Wreck; 07-30-2002 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-04-2002, 12:17 AM

2002 CLK430
i'm all stock except my 430's lowered abit. gettin into my car with some buddies - they wanted to check out my new system. just then, unmarked cruiser pulls up besides us. we wave & they just leave man, why don't they go look for criminals instead of checkin up on some guys with their toys!
Old 08-05-2002, 01:56 PM

SL 500
cops will be cops..

I dont know how the cops behave in other parts of the country, but in the mostly conservative state of Virginia, here, they are rat *******s. Racial profiling is very common here especially in the suburbs.

If you're black, or look different and you are driving a expensive car, forget about it. I am south asian and 26yrs. and i have been pulled twice, and no ticket given..Having rims, yes..that will attract attention. Beware, young fellas.the rats are out there, the only thing is to keep your cool and follow the rules..it's unfortunate, but a reality..

djamer
2002CLK 320 - brillant/silver - cd changer
17'AMG 5 Spoke
30%tint
chrome accessories
Stoneguard Protectant
H&R Cup Suspension Kit
Old 08-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Out Of Control!

Careful when you drive around Monterey Park and Alhambra James. They like to pull over fixed up cars, but then again the people they pull over are people with loud exuast and people wearing their hats backupwards. So I guess the cop preceive them as punks.

I don't have an exuast, but I do wear my hat backwards. I haven't got pull over in my benzo yet.
Thanks for the tip Wreck! Last time i was there at D2 checking out their stuff i was all stock but now gotta be careful.

thanks again!
Old 08-06-2002, 01:16 PM

2001 Silver C320
just be smart. who cares if you get pulled over again and again if you dont have anything in your car to worry about the cops findin'. just ride clean in the benz and have another few cars for "errends".

ive never, ever been pulled over in my benz, but im only 21, always wear jewelry, listen to rap, ride low in the seat, and usually have a bad attitude, so i know if a po did stop me, i would get searched and f'd with for sure. thats why im extra careful when driving my C. however if i tinted the windows, i bet i would get pulled over real quick, cops are d'ks for that around here.

on the other hand i also drive a '99 corolla that looks like every other car out there on the road and i have been stoped in by cops and never searched, because that car doesnt look suspious.

like people said, it is all politics, depending on race, cops mood, time of month, city limits, lots of things, but the best rule of thumb is don't be ridin' hot if your ridin' hot, know what i mean...
Old 08-06-2002, 10:27 PM
Almost a Member!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the tip Wreck! Last time i was there at D2 checking out their stuff i was all stock but now gotta be careful.

thanks again!

believe it or not~ i actually get pull over much less (never) in my new MB than my old civic even i had full tint all the way around and no liscense plate (front/back)~ by the way, i live in LA too

PS. D2 has the best skill~ w/ 2nd best price
Old 08-12-2002, 10:58 AM

E55
Got pulled over in my Benz for the first time.

After helping my friend move to Playa Del Rey, I was crusing on PCH heading to the 105 freeway and a motorcycle cop saw me and made a U-Turn, almost killing himself in the proccess. He was determined to pull me over and speed up, caught up to me (I wasn't speeding), and I pulled over.

Then I got a ticket for no front license plate. In my mind, I told myself cool, it's just a fix it ticket. He could have given me a ticket for my tint. Thank god he didn't.

I was just a little upset that he made all that effort to pull me over and not pull over the dude in the Honda Civic reving next to me wanting to race.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:46 PM
Out Of Control!

Wreck

Sorry to hear that man. But put it this way it's not the worse thing that can happen to you and your 55!
Old 08-12-2002, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W213 '17 E43 ///AMG - W211, W208 no more
that really $uck$... even a fix it ticket costs money. I don't see why they would bother spending the time to pull someone over just for a fix it ticket.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:39 AM

E55
Well I put my front license plate on. Kind of sad I had to drill 2 holes in the bumper, but I can live with the way it looks now.

Got the ticket written off from a sheriff friend of mine, but I still have to spend the time to go to clerk office and pay a 15 dollars administration fee.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:43 AM
Out Of Control!

Originally posted by mmgrad
I don't see why they would bother spending the time to pull someone over just for a fix it ticket.
I think they have a quota that they have to meet.
Old 08-13-2002, 10:45 AM
Out Of Control!

Well I put my front license plate on. Kind of sad I had to drill 2 holes in the bumper, but I can live with the way it looks now.

Got the ticket written off from a sheriff friend of mine, but I still have to spend the time to go to clerk office and pay a 15 dollars administration fee.
Can't you just put your license plate on your dash?? Just curious. I've seen some cars that don't want to put license plate in front of their cars either but instead put it on their dash is this ok too??

At least you got the ticket written off.
Old 08-13-2002, 12:46 PM

2000 CLK430 w/ 19"AMG rims
cops and hooked up cars

I got chrome 19s on my clk and get pulled quite often..The way I look at it is that its the price you have to pay to drive a phat car. So what you should all do it just face the facts and donate some money to the Police or FOP. When they pull you over they'll be more likely to let you off for stupid little things like no License plate or the car being too low. The fact is that they do have to write tickets to people so they can keep making money, But why would they write you a ticket if they already see that you donate a few bucks a year to them. Thats what I do and 99% of the time it works.
Old 08-14-2002, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
I had a friend that was a cop...cool guy...he said he would routinely pull over kids that looked like punks, gangsters, etc...anyone that looked like trouble to him.....which is a good thing...I don't want idiots like that on the streets.
Old 08-14-2002, 11:31 PM

c240
im wondering if they are suspicious would they try to dig deeper
into why a kid is driving a nice car?
and u peeps that drive phat cars do they ask u what u do for a living?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cops Pulling over Cars with Rims