Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!
View Poll Results: Poll on suspension setups for SMOOTHEST RIDE
H & R Sport w/ Bilstein
0%
H & R Sport w/ Koni
16.67%
Eibach Prokit w/ Bilstein
11.11%
Eibach Prokit w/ Koni
11.11%
Carlsson Coilovers
33.33%
H & R Cup Kit
27.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

final poll on suspension setups

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 06:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63
final poll on suspension setups

i hope i did this poll thing right, sorry if i didnt and sent another duplicate post!

ok, these are the setups im debating about...
if u have these setups or have been in a late model mb with these setups can u please put how well the ride comfort is? im not looking too much into the performance aspect, and does anyone know when the bilsteins are due for the w203...thanks again for all your input!

1) h&r sport w/ bilstein (great handling, harsh ride)

2) h&r sport w/ koni (great handling, harsher ride)

3) eibach prokit or sport w/ bilstein (good ride, fair handling)

4) eibach prokit or sport w/ koni (fair ride, good handling)

5) carlsson coilovers (great overall, kinda pricy though)

6) h&r cup kit (great handling, rough ride)

-i have a 2002 c240 currently w/ h&r sport & 18s. i live in calif, ... the roads are a nightmare!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:45 PM

08 E63
Ahh! It worked!

ok lets get this poll started... =)

if you can please pick the best setup for RIDE COMFORT and please list the following:

-Year and Model
-Suspension related mods in the car you have or rode in (ie BRAND/SPEC OF: SHOCKS, SPRINGS, RIMS, TIRES, CAMBERKIT, PADS, etc)

Thanks again and have a safe and somewhat sober new years eve!
Old 12-31-2002, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 : 2007 C230
I voted Carlsson From these choices, the only truely matched sets are #5 Carlssons and #6 H&R cup kit. I have been in cars with both these and most of the others and the Carlssons were the best.

Even in a C320 with 19" wheels the Carlsson ride is great.

GET THIS SET!
Old 01-01-2003, 02:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where's the Kleemann Suspension?
Also, if you are concerned about comfort, get a more comfortable tire. I have Toyo T1-S on my 19s, and they are much more comfortable than others I've used.
Old 01-01-2003, 04:51 PM

I've got the H&R with Koni's. Greta setup, and the dampeners are adjustable to suite your needs...
Old 01-04-2003, 08:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm surprised that this poll didn't attract more votes. I'm guessing it's because most people don't get to sample many choices.

So, based on this small poll you should be getting the Carlsson coilovers
Old 01-06-2003, 02:14 PM

08 E63
hey kwik thanks for all your input so far....i am now leaning towards the carlsson coilovers, the only thing right now is the price to get over..how do these rate compared to the kleemann setup or the h&r coilovers, as these sets have similar prices? and how are the ride characteristics of the konis v bilsteins?

lastly, what is your opinion on the pirelli p7000 super sports? i am wondering if it is these tires that is causing a harsh ride....any suggestions on a quite, comfortable tire with good tread wear?
i have 225 40 18 f and 255 35 18 r...thanks again
Old 01-06-2003, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by K9ff
hey kwik thanks for all your input so far....i am now leaning towards the carlsson coilovers, the only thing right now is the price to get over.
Just bite the bullet, you won't be dissapointed

how do these rate compared to the kleemann setup or the h&r coilovers, as these sets have similar prices?
The H&R is definately stiffer than the Carlsson. I think the Carlsson is the smoother of the 2. As for the Kleemann, I haven't been in a C-class with the Kleemann, but the cars I was in were very nice. I would put them in the same class as the Carlsson. The down side to the Kleemann(when comparing to Carlsson & H&R coilovers) is that the Kleemann is not height adjustable.

and how are the ride characteristics of the konis v bilsteins?
I like Koni over bilstein, mostly because the Koni are adjustable. Both are great with lowering springs but neither(with any spring I've tried) are as good as the three choices above.

lastly, what is your opinion on the pirelli p7000 super sports? i am wondering if it is these tires that is causing a harsh ride....
I have never tried them.

any suggestions on a quite, comfortable tire with good tread wear? i have 225 40 18 f and 255 35 18 r...thanks again
I'm running 225 40 18 f and 255 35 18 r on both my cars and I really like the Bridgestone SO3s
One last note. If you are serious about the Carlssons you might want to hurry. There is only
1 set left @ PURE motorsport in stock. That one set may be the only one in the US until we get a new Carlsson distributor.

Just a reminder, I do know Mike @ PURE, but I pay for my stuff like everyone else.