Wheels, Tires, Suspension & Brakes Forum Discuss wheels, tires, suspension and brakes for your Mercedes-Benz.
Need wheels & tires? Checkout the MBWorld Marketplace and support your forums!

Stock C32 wheels fit C55?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 11:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'15 E350 4M Sport
Stock C32 wheels fit C55?

Should have posted this here. I'd like to know if the stock front (7.5x17) C32 wheel would work on all fours on the C55 for Winter wheels. Seems to be some discrepancy on it as this thread shows.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 11-30-2004, 02:39 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
depends on the weather
yes they will .... there is absolutely NO DOUBT !
Old 11-30-2004, 06:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by Luke@tirerack
yes they will .... there is absolutely NO DOUBT !
Luke, I don't want to doubt you at all (believe me, I want it to work). However, updates to the thread same link as posted above show some difference in offset between C32 and C55. What problems might that cause? Additionally, the very post of that thread showed that the original poster received info from TireRack (Brian) that they would not fit and so TireRack shipped another type wheel. Can you reconcile the discrepancy between your claim and that made by your coworker?

Rgds,
Norm

Last edited by noka; 11-30-2004 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 A4 S Line
Not to highjack your thread noka, but I'm hoping Luke might also shed some light on whether the difference in offset would cause any problems in putting the C55 wheels on a C230 sedan. I've got the wheels on now and everything fits great, but I'm going to be upgrading to AMG brake kit in the next week and hope there's plenty of clearance.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by Blake P
Not to highjack your thread ...
... but you did.

Well I am not sure I will get an answer to my question. TireRack is certainly on the forum but for some reason not responding.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 12-01-2004, 06:52 PM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
Originally Posted by noka
Luke, I don't want to doubt you at all (believe me, I want it to work). However, updates to the thread same link as posted above show some difference in offset between C32 and C55. What problems might that cause? Additionally, the very post of that thread showed that the original poster received info from TireRack (Brian) that they would not fit and so TireRack shipped another type wheel. Can you reconcile the discrepancy between your claim and that made by your coworker?

Rgds,
Norm
Norm .... you need to live your life by these 2 rules

Rule #1.) Luke is always right
Rule #2.) if there is any doubt about an answer from Luke please refer to rule #1

and yes they DO fit
Old 12-01-2004, 07:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Norm .... you need to live your life by these 2 rules

Rule #1.) Luke is always right
Rule #2.) if there is any doubt about an answer from Luke please refer to rule #1

and yes they DO fit
OK, I get your point. I guess it's a matter of faith.

So, if I order the stock OE C32 wheels (I assume TireRack has the OE wheels that I saw a little while back on your site) and they don't fit (I know, see rule #1) what is the return policy?

Rgds,
Norm
Old 12-01-2004, 08:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
... but you did.
Sorry man. But he still didn't answer MY question!
Old 12-02-2004, 08:44 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
OK, I get your point. I guess it's a matter of faith.

So, if I order the stock OE C32 wheels (I assume TireRack has the OE wheels that I saw a little while back on your site) and they don't fit (I know, see rule #1) what is the return policy?

Rgds,
Norm
you are more than welcome to return them for any reason providing, you have not driven on them. You can mount them and let the car sit but, if you drive even 1 block they are yours
Old 12-02-2004, 07:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EuroCharged 2012 C63 BS Coupè
you are more than welcome to return them for any reason providing, you have not driven on them. You can mount them and let the car sit but, if you drive even 1 block they are yours
Heh Luke, I have always valued your opinion on these matters. Thats why when I went to my local tire guy, Dave at Steelcase Tire in Toronto to get my winter setup (In knew he ordered directly from Tire Rack for AMG wheels) thats we called you guys to order the C32 OEM 17" wheel for my '05 C55. Dave has a relationship with Brian at Tire Rack so thats who he called and we were both under the impression that was the wheel being shipped. When the wheels arrived it was the 203/5 spoke in 17"/ 7.5. Not what we ordered but in a call to Brian he told me that that was the ONLY 17" AMG wheel that would fit the C55. As well he said that if they did fit it would be posted on your website because you want to offer all possible fitments. When I told him you said different and that I wanted the C32 wheel he was willing to ship another set but warned that he was going to mark the shipment NOT returnable and if the didn't fit, TOO BAD>>>>I owned them. Under those conditions I opted to stay with the 203 wheel. Saved a few bucks as its a less expensive wheel and really love the look now that they have been on for a week or so. I am a Very Happy customer and now realize another rule.....never talk to anyone else but Luke!!!

Take care. Barry
Old 12-02-2004, 07:56 PM

I am pretty sure I talked to Brian as well and remember him saying they aren't going to fit and that if they didn't they were non-returnable as well. I never believed him, but it is bad business for the Tirerack if there is a rogue salesmen who is turning his personal bias into threats of changing company policy. I have had more than one bad experience with people other than Luke (read all other encounters) at the tirerack and all I can say is that if you are a member here, he will take care of you. I even got shipped the wrong tires once and they would not take them back. Just be careful.

I hope this helps everyone understand tirerack's sales department is less than to be desired, the company itself is decently good, and Luke makes it work the best for the company and the customer. Just for all who are wondering...no, Luke didn't pay me to write this note.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sometimes I do wish I can get a few customers from Tirerack every now and then, but as long as Luke is working there, it would be tough!

If anyone believe in my words, I can also confirmed that the wheels from the C32 and C55 are absolutely interchangable. Whoever said they aren't obviously has no clue about AMG wheels.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Originally Posted by Harris
Sometimes I do wish I can get a few customers from Tirerack every now and then, but as long as Luke is working there, it would be tough!

If anyone believe in my words, I can also confirmed that the wheels from the C32 and C55 are absolutely interchangable. Whoever said they aren't obviously has no clue about AMG wheels.
The C32 and C55 wheels have different offsets. Are you saying this has no affect on fitment (i.e. looks and clearance) when four C32 7.5 x 17 wheels are mounted on the C55? I'm not disagreeing, just want confirmation.

Rgds,
Norm
Old 12-03-2004, 10:24 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
Originally Posted by Blake P
Not to highjack your thread noka, but I'm hoping Luke might also shed some light on whether the difference in offset would cause any problems in putting the C55 wheels on a C230 sedan. I've got the wheels on now and everything fits great, but I'm going to be upgrading to AMG brake kit in the next week and hope there's plenty of clearance.
if your c230 is a sport sedan the offset differnce in the front would be 2mm and in the rear it would be 1mm .... that is not enough of a differnce to cause any issues what so ever
Old 12-03-2004, 10:31 AM
TR Moderator & Tire God

depends on the weather
The C32 and C55 wheels have different offsets. Are you saying this has no affect on fitment (i.e. looks and clearance) when four C32 7.5 x 17 wheels are mounted on the C55? I'm not disagreeing, just want confirmation.

Rgds,
Norm
the offset difference is not enough to cause any ill effects or issues
Old 12-03-2004, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 A4 S Line
if your c230 is a sport sedan the offset differnce in the front would be 2mm and in the rear it would be 1mm .... that is not enough of a differnce to cause any issues what so ever
Thanks Luke!
Old 12-03-2004, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'15 E350 4M Sport
Thanks Luke!

Rgds,
Norm
Old 09-06-2005, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On that note, does anyone want to part with their C55 AMG wheels? I want to upgrade my C32 but I'm not convinced that aftermarket wheels offer any benefits other than cosmetic ones...