Wheels and Tires The archived forum for wheels and tires for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: MB Part Haus
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 19in BBS LM Reps w/ Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 E55
FS: 19in BBS LM Reps w/ Tires

Hey All,

I have a set of BBS LM reps that I purchased for my E55. To make a long story short, the wheels fit but they were somewhat rigged to work. Only the fronts were an issue as there were issues with clearing the AMG brakes. I did not like that fact so I am getting rid of the setup. If you want more info on what was done, PM me.

The specs on the wheels are as follows:

19x8.5 ET 35 fronts
19x9.5 ET 38 rears
73mm hub bore (I have 4 73mm to 66.6mm hub rings)

245-35-19 Achilles ATR Sports up front
275-30-19 Achilles ATR Sports rears

The whole setup was on my car for 1 week.

I would like to sell the whole lot together for $1200 plus shipping. Local sale would be prefered.

Pics of the setup can be found here:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/3752589374.html

Thanks for your interest.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM

03 E55
Bump for some good looking wheels.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:37 PM

2002 porsche 911 turbo
what did you have to rig to make these work? Also, using the hub rings, did you experience any vibration?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
W212 E63
Originally Posted by scottrx7tt
what did you have to rig to make these work? Also, using the hub rings, did you experience any vibration?

I'm curious too..

As far as hub rings, I have them on my Fstars and I have 0 vibration.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:00 AM

BiTurbo E63
would also like to know! i've been wanting some BBS Lm wheels on my e63 but every says they will not fit
Old 05-03-2013, 08:23 AM

03 E55
Ok, well I will try to explain this as best as possible.

One of the biggest issues with fitting wheels on an AMG car is apparently the with the front wheels. The AMG brake calipers are very big and if you do not have the right offset, your wheel will hit the caliper.

The wheels I bought had a 35 offset up front. You need to have 30 or lower (to an extent) to make it work. The company I purchased the wheels from sold me custom milled 5mm spacers for the front. They were custom in that they had a lip on them for the wheel to sit on as if it was sitting on the hub (hope I am using the correct term. Its the protruding thing the wheel sits on). When we went to bolt up the fronts, one side cleared my caliper by about a mm and the other side hit my caliper. So either my caliper was slightly off on one side or the custom spacers were off on their size. Needless to say I was not going to drive around with my wheel hitting the caliper. I then called the company I purchased the wheels from and asked for an 8mm spacer exactly like the 5mm fronts they sent previously. We figured that would be perfect. Well the morons sent me 8mm flat spacers with no lip. We put them on and when we went to put the wheel on there was not enough hub left for the wheel to rest on properly. Anyone with a W211 knows, the front hub is long and tapered and apparently you can only use a 5mm flat spacer before you run into this issue.

The fronts and the rears were bolted up at this point and road force balanced. The tire shop said there was no danger in running the setup but there was a vibration between 50 and 60 mph. I did not like that so I took them all off and am selling them.

I could call the company I purchased the wheels from to get another set of spacers but I do not want to deal with them anymore. They screwed up my purchase from the get go, they did not communicate anything, their customer service is complete crap, they don't ship anything on time, they gave me the wrong persons invoice. Just a bunch of morons with no clue. They only way I got a response from them was by threatening to cancel my credit card payment for my order. I will never buy anything from them again. So buy from Wheels Plus USA at your own risk!

With that all being said, I think these wheels would work perfectly on a W211 E class car. Hub rings and a 5mm flat spacer on the front and you will be good to go. Nothing needed on the rear but if you use a 5mm spacer there, it will have a nice flush look. You could run them on a W211 AMG car but you would need a 6mm spacer with that lip for the wheel to rest on. No one makes one like that in that size so it will need to be custom made. You can call those fools at Wheels Plus and order them if you would like but I won't. You will find 5mm, 12mm and 15mm for the fronts by H&R and other reputable companies but those will not work as the offset will be too low. And be careful because there is a difference in the spacer that goes on the front and the one that goes on the rear. They are not interchangeable from my experience.

To summarize, wheels looked great, wheels no fit, Wheels Plus USA sucks, wheels for sale

Avi

Last edited by avinator; 05-03-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:12 PM

e55
maybe you could buy some h&r hubcentric 10mm spacers and have a machine shop mill 2-3 mm off them.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
2006 E55
Just to clarify, wheel design is the main reason certain wheels don't clear BBK.

While offset can contribute to fitment issues with a bbk, design is most likely the culprit for it hitting the caliper. A different wheel in the same 35mm offset could clear easily.

You should sell these on the Audi forums , probably have much better luck.

GLWS
Old 05-04-2013, 10:34 PM

03 E55
Can AWD or FWD Audis run staggered wheels? Thought they needed square setups?

I posed the offset vs. design question in the AMG forum and the answer I got was that a wheel should work if the offset was correct regardless of design.
Old 05-04-2013, 10:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 E
this should fit a non AMG right?
Old 05-04-2013, 10:52 PM

03 E55
Originally Posted by SurgeSi
this should fit a non AMG right?
The offsets of these wheels are in line with w211 non-amg cars.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:38 AM

03 E55
Bump, these would be great on a non-AMG W211!
Old 05-13-2013, 07:03 PM

03 E55
Can't believe no one has bought these!!!???

$1200 bucks for a brand new set of wheel and tires. Seriously???

Someone take these off my hands so I can get a set of wheels that fit my car

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:53 PM

03 E55
Wheels are sold. You suckers missed out on a good deal