Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

UHI interface and cellphone signal reception for Sony T-630

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UHI interface and cellphone signal reception for Sony T-630

I received and installed the UHI Kit from Steve at Mbenzl, and it connected to my 2006 CLK 350 system fine w/ no apparent need for the dealer to configure anything with the electronic's software. I'm using a SE T630 phone and it interfaces with the steering wheel controls and I can use the phonebook fine. My ony issue is that it seems that my reception is not as good when it is connected and the phone is using the car's antenna. I seem to be noticing frequent NO SERVICE messages when its connected. Other times I see several bars of reception on the car's display. Does anyone have any idea on what to do to check to be sure my car's antenna is functioning properly or anything else to do to improve reception. Thanks
Old 12-28-2005, 06:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
.........there is a relatively simple fix for this problem. There is a simple antenna you can purchase and bypass your car's antenna system. You connect it in the center armrest console where your phone will ordinarily connect to the car's antenna. The new antenna is long and its distal end can be displayed just behind your front windshield in order to get a clear view of the sky. This is what I did in my E55. Such an antenna can be purchased from Steve. It is blue and black in color. Problem is how long it might take you to acquire it.

Ted
Old 01-03-2006, 09:05 AM

Do you have any more information on the antenna, ie. make, model etc. Thanks for the information.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350CDI S212, MY2011
UHI reception improvement

Hi wsscott,
your CLK is prewired for phone installation at your dealer, as you might know. If your dealer integrates the cell phone, he doesn't just integrate the phone control unit. There is a phone booster installed in your trunk as well.
The ex-works prewiring contains an antenna cable from your armrest into your trunk (inside the trunk, above the rear axle, underneath a coverage). At this position the antenna cable is supposed to be connected to the phone booster. The other antenne connector of the phone booster is supposed to be connected to the antenna cable from your rear window antenna (this cable is also prewired). If there is no phone booster integrated in your car, the antenna wire from the armrest ends underneath the coverage in your trunk. There is no connection established with the rear window antenna.
So an easy way for better reception might be the purchase of the phone booster.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
Originally Posted by wsscott
Do you have any more information on the antenna, ie. make, model etc. Thanks for the information.
..........below is a picture of the antenna. I purchased it from Dean. I have found the website from which they were sourced from. Here is the LINK . You may require some male female coax gender changers. The website does not have this very antenna pictured. You can contact them and ask for it, so e-mail someone from MBNZL a picture of the antenna and purchase it from them.

Ted
Attached Thumbnails UHI interface and cellphone signal reception for Sony T-630-pict0109.jpg   UHI interface and cellphone signal reception for Sony T-630-pict0108.jpg  
Old 01-03-2006, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

300ce
.............the company's phone number is 678-875-0989. They are located in Alton, NH and the company is called EURO-RAM.

Ted
Old 01-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
some slow@$$diesels
As you have a 2006 CLK you will have to get the TELEAID module versioncoded to let it know that the car has a phone built in and to let the phone use the phoneantenna...the antennaswitch that comes from factory in cars with teleaid (since 2005 that is) has to be activated by stardiagnose...at this moment the phone does not get to use the external antenna at all.

greetingz,

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2006, 03:54 PM

I solved the problem with the reception. I purchased my UHI kit from MbenzNL and no compensator was included. Steve says its not needed for my 2006 CLK and some other models. So the problem was I had not connected the 2 FARKA antenna cables together. The result was that my cellphone was in the cradle with the antenna connection plugged into the phone, which I think lessens or disables the phone's antenna, but it wasn't connected to the external antenna. Connecting the 2 cables solved the problem, and now reception seems great-5 bars in some instances. Thanks for your help.