Notices
Audio & Electronics Use this forum to discuss audio and electronic upgrades for your Mercedes-Benz.

for those of you that have Sirius Sat Radio via MB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 E500 4matic
Question for those of you that have Sirius Sat Radio via MB

Hello,

I'm thinking about installing Sirius Sat in my 04 E500 via MB installers. I have voice control, so I was wondering if VC work for sat radio too? also how good is the controls and the view on the car command display(channel and info stuff. I called one of my local dealers and they said they have to check to see if the car is prewired if so 700. if not it like 1500.

thanks
Old 08-01-2007, 06:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
04 S430 (sold),05 X5 4.4i, 02 325i, 87 560SL, 85 Alfa Romeo
assuming you have comand it's nice. it looks like all of your other controls. I'm not sure about VC though. But i am sure that your car comes prewired for SAT AND NAV if you don't have it already.if you look in the small compartment on the R/H side of your trunk, you will see the MOSt wires and connector for the SAT module. also the antenna wires are tucked under your rear deck liner.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:26 PM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by my06clk
assuming you have comand it's nice. it looks like all of your other controls. I'm not sure about VC though. But i am sure that your car comes prewired for SAT AND NAV if you don't have it already.if you look in the small compartment on the R/H side of your trunk, you will see the MOSt wires and connector for the SAT module. also the antenna wires are tucked under your rear deck liner.
I have nav. Do you know if the have a different sat antenna beside the people seem to hate..
Old 08-03-2007, 05:56 PM

2004 E500 4matic
Update:
I contacted the dealer and they told me its $974 plus tax to install Sirius. its 3 to 4 hours labor at 105 per hour. I sat up a service appointment for the installation.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:09 PM

2004 E500 4matic
yesterday was my service appointment for Sat install however it was a misunderstanding. The SA thought I was just me to check if my car was prewire and to have a quote. but it was more than the estimate I got via Email.

Part Number: 67830082 SDARS ANTENN $124.00

Part Number: 67830060 SDARS RECEIV $675.50

Part Number: 67830069 SDARS KIT W2 $99.00

Part Number: 67830017 SDARDS BRAC $91.25

Plus $315 to $420 in labor. I think this price is very expensive. I search online and some MB dealers that have online parts store list prices for the very parts are much lower. So I decide to Email a few dealer in NJ and NY to ask them straightforward how much will you cost (parts and labor) to install Sirius in my car. I even gave them the part#. I did that bc when I first started calling a few dealer about the install, they replied with, we have to see which parts you need.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:00 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by bigmel
yesterday was my service appointment for Sat install however it was a misunderstanding. The SA thought I was just me to check if my car was prewire and to have a quote. but it was more than the estimate I got via Email.

Part Number: 67830082 SDARS ANTENN $124.00

Part Number: 67830060 SDARS RECEIV $675.50

Part Number: 67830069 SDARS KIT W2 $99.00

Part Number: 67830017 SDARDS BRAC $91.25

Plus $315 to $420 in labor. I think this price is very expensive. I search online and some MB dealers that have online parts store list prices for the very parts are much lower. So I decide to Email a few dealer in NJ and NY to ask them straightforward how much will you cost (parts and labor) to install Sirius in my car. I even gave them the part#. I did that bc when I first started calling a few dealer about the install, they replied with, we have to see which parts you need.
i can tell you that for your vehicle, the four parts listed above are needed. you can however switch to a much smaller aftermarket antenna if you desire, though the dealer may not know how or want to install it. i can also say that the entire install takes about 2 hours max to do but that is inconsequential. the dealers are required to follow the mercedes guidelines for the job so the best they will probably do is 3 hours of labor. that being said, the pricing is right out of the book for what they are supposed to charge: around $1300 installed. you may be able to find the parts about 10 percent cheaper if you look around as there is a discount available to volume resellers and certain dealers pass this along online. also consider that many dealers wont want to do the job at all if they didnt sell you the parts and you only want to pay for 2 hours labor....

finally, to answer your question, yes the voice control will allow you to control basic sat functions: things like select source, seek up/down, etc. the factory sirius integrates right into the system with the track/title/artist info displaying on screen and full control via the HU or steering controls.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:10 AM

2004 E500 4matic
I get what u r saying its just that I think this dealer list price is high. I'm hope full that one of the other deal have the parts at a more reasonable price.

Also that for clear up my voice control question

Originally Posted by rob13572468
i can tell you that for your vehicle, the four parts listed above are needed. you can however switch to a much smaller aftermarket antenna if you desire, though the dealer may not know how or want to install it. i can also say that the entire install takes about 2 hours max to do but that is inconsequential. the dealers are required to follow the mercedes guidelines for the job so the best they will probably do is 3 hours of labor. that being said, the pricing is right out of the book for what they are supposed to charge: around $1300 installed. you may be able to find the parts about 10 percent cheaper if you look around as there is a discount available to volume resellers and certain dealers pass this along online. also consider that many dealers wont want to do the job at all if they didnt sell you the parts and you only want to pay for 2 hours labor....

finally, to answer your question, yes the voice control will allow you to control basic sat functions: things like select source, seek up/down, etc. the factory sirius integrates right into the system with the track/title/artist info displaying on screen and full control via the HU or steering controls.
Old 08-10-2007, 12:24 PM

Harley-Davidson
Originally Posted by rob13572468
. . . the voice control will allow you to control basic sat functions: things like select source, seek up/down, etc. the factory sirius integrates right into the system with the track/title/artist info displaying on screen and full control via the HU or steering controls.
Rob, I don't have any voice control over my factory-installed satellite radio. Perhaps you are referring to the much more useful and advanced system in the S-Class?
Old 08-10-2007, 03:54 PM

2004 E500 4matic
I call the mbdealer that is associated with the bank I bought my car from. They quoted me 1000 to install Sirius. So I'm going to take it there on Tuesday to see if I can get this done.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 PM

2004 E500 4matic
Originally Posted by bigmel
I call the mbdealer that is associated with the bank I bought my car from. They quoted me 1000 to install Sirius. So I'm going to take it there on Tuesday to see if I can get this done.
I got the sat all installed. the finial total was 850. I was shock that the dealer changed me actual labor. they charged 1.50 hours labor for the job. the other dealers I spoke to told me that it was 3 to 4 hours labor.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 AM

2006 S430 4matic
what dealership

bigmel,

i am in the same boat, also am in nj. looking to get this sirius install done. who did you use?
Old 06-27-2010, 07:29 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
ML350, Lotus Elise
Originally Posted by jaynesdad
bigmel,

i am in the same boat, also am in nj. looking to get this sirius install done. who did you use?
movin on sounds in NY...