HK Logic 7 Treble?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2012, 02:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63s Wagon 2019
HK Logic 7 Treble?

Hi,
I have the Harman Kardon Logic 7 speaker system, with the Comand stereo in my Coupé.

I'm having problems with the treble, I've set it to it's lowest setting, but it's still too "high"...

Anyone having these problems as well, and does anyone know how to fix it?
Old 05-23-2012, 09:41 AM

Honda Civic
There is nothing to fix unfortunately. Despite claiming that the c coupe is geared for a younger market, the speaker system is still predominantly optimized for what Mercedes thinks "older" customers listen to such as classical music etc.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C204
The BOSE system in my Infiniti was much better in my opinion. I'm not a fan of the Harmon Kardon sound.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:08 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by bdajeha
Hi,
I have the Harman Kardon Logic 7 speaker system, with the Comand stereo in my Coupé.

I'm having problems with the treble, I've set it to it's lowest setting, but it's still too "high"...

Anyone having these problems as well, and does anyone know how to fix it?
For me, I've found it depends on what music source your listening to, ie. for CD's I prefer the setting at default neutral and it sounds perfect, for MP3 music files I turn it up a little for better results.

What type of music files are you listening to ??

I find I have to turn the trebble down with radio broadcast listening
Old 05-24-2012, 04:19 AM

C63s Wagon 2019
Originally Posted by AV1
For me, I've found it depends on what music source your listening to, ie. for CD's I prefer the setting at default neutral and it sounds perfect, for MP3 music files I turn it up a little for better results.

What type of music files are you listening to ??

I find I have to turn the trebble down with radio broadcast listening
I listen to MP3's from a USB stick.
It's high quality stuff (320), from various genres.
(Pop,Rock,Metal,Classical,Country...)

I don't have any problems listening to the music at an "average" volume.
When I crank the volume up though, the treble is limiting how high i can go.
Annoying as hell...

And I have the treble set all the way down!
Old 05-24-2012, 08:14 AM

Received 68 Likes on 49 Posts
2017 E400 Coupe & 2018 GLC43
~ i know with bmw cars you can get into the internal system (via onboard computer) to adjust settings such as the max volume, etc...

Quote from the 3-series thread:

1. turn on the radio
2. press button "m" or "tp" for at least 8 sec.
3. "+" and "-" to navigate through the menu (there must be a submenu "volume" or something like that, then use the volume-knob to see how high the level goes)
4. turn off radio and on again

I immediately went out to the car and sure enough, it works! The only downside is that you have to be in this secret menu in order to see the volume level and you cannot use any other functions of the radio besides the volume. However, if you set the radio to the required volume, then turn it off and back on again, the setting remains the same. Then every click of the rotary volume button is changes the setting by "1". Again, this is displayed only while in the secret menu but you can remember the setting and just add or subtract the amount of clicks in your head if you had to without having to access the secret menu again while you were driving.

perhaps this could be done with the mb cars with the treble settings?
Old 05-24-2012, 08:37 AM

2012 C 350 Coupe
My problem is the bass. Way to high all the way down. I can feel the doors shaking when listening at average volume levels.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
The BMW 3's (at least the E93 models) had a 'hidden' eq menu ... much the same as the late 90's Volvo S60R's did (and still might as far as I know). I don't believe there is anything like this feature on the MB's, but I don't profess to be an expert ... although I have seen some non-descript references to the Engineering Menu's with no further explanation as to whether or not this addresses shortcomings with the Premium Audio systems. I even started two seperate threads questioning the ability to improve upon the HK systems, and basically got zero responses ... meaning the experts on the MB Audio forum aren't.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:20 AM

'12 C204 C250, '05 SLK350 (sold)
Originally Posted by Energybiz
My problem is the bass. Way to high all the way down. I can feel the doors shaking when listening at average volume levels.
The low bass is horribly lacking. I have the 2010 E350 and the HK system has much better lowend.

The midbass (which you can't control too much) is probably what you're talking about. I agree with that, in that it's too low at high volumes and too high at low volumes (doesn't scale properly with volume).
Old 05-24-2012, 11:41 AM

Honda Civic
Originally Posted by 4MaticCoupe
The BMW 3's (at least the E93 models) had a 'hidden' eq menu ... much the same as the late 90's Volvo S60R's did (and still might as far as I know). I don't believe there is anything like this feature on the MB's, but I don't profess to be an expert ... although I have seen some non-descript references to the Engineering Menu's with no further explanation as to whether or not this addresses shortcomings with the Premium Audio systems. I even started two seperate threads questioning the ability to improve upon the HK systems, and basically got zero responses ... meaning the experts on the MB Audio forum aren't.
Somebody mentioned that you can get to the EQ settings in the engineering menu but only for the non HK sound system.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM

C63s Wagon 2019
What is the cause of the problem?
The HK speaker system, or the Comand stereo?
Old 05-24-2012, 04:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
'13 S5 Coupe
tin-eared engineers/designers
Old 06-21-2012, 10:44 AM

mb c 250 coupe
i have h/k system .at low levels deep bass is ok but when you turn the volume up the bass stays same.like old boomboxes that have volume dependent variable loudness.i hate it because sound coloration changes with volume.and the bass control doesnt control the deep bases only mid bases.i would rather like to have some kind of adjustable equalizer controls.and i also feel like the volume goes up a bit with speed but still you cannot control it(i mean the level of speed dependent volume curve).(current configuration :bass and treble at max ,locic 7 on)

Last edited by djstardust; 06-30-2012 at 11:09 AM.