My C250 coupe build thread

Old 12-11-2012, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
190 evoII replica
So I got up early yesterday to drive to the Eisenmann R&D factory to pick up my car and bring it to the KW factory. The roads were clear and no snow, so we where lucky. After arriving at Eisenmann and completing the paperwork, they showed me my car next to an all new 911 with Eisenmann exhaust. All I can say is that Eisenmann delivers top notch work! And they are very helpfull. I asked them to put the OEM exhaust in the back. And they wrapped it all in so it wouldn't damage my trunk together with the plastic plate that used to cover the hole where the right exhaust is now.

After seeing the exhaust in person, I can tell you guys that the picture made the tips look bigger. The size and placement of the tips is perfect! I tried caputering the sound but it was very windy and the exhaust has to be driven for 400km, after that you will get the sound that the exhaust will produce the rest of it's life.

We thank the people of Eisenmann and wanted to leave. They warned us about a snow storm coming so we needed to hury to the KW factory as my car has been in Germany before the winter and now that it's winter, wintertires are required by law... We still had open roads driving to KW and I felt that the exhaust give a better pick up when the car downshifts. Overall I can't tell if I can feel any hp gains because I haven't driven the car for almost 2 months. I enjoyed driving those open roads with curvy corners and great views trough the mountains.

We arrived just in time at the KW factory because the snowstorm was coming in... We did the paperwork on the car and I handed over the keys to the lovely lady working there and said goodbye to my car for another 2 weeks. They will be installing the KW DDC ECU kit on my car. Yes everything at kw is purple and yellow :-) And they put the screws from there coilover kits in their christmas tree :-p

So when we departed home we had to drive back to the highway trough those curvy mountain roads in a snowstorm... So we got delayed for a bit! I'm hoping for no snow when I pick up the car! I have 18" wintertires ready at home to put on my OEM rims... I'll need to find a sollution next week. I still have some 18" Brabus wheels, but I don't know if they will fit the calipers.

So overall I can tell you that the Eisenmann exhaust is worth every penny and looks great! I don't even doubt that it will give a slight HP and/or NM gain. We still have to wait for the sound it produces but givin the fact that Eisenmann can simulate the noise it will produce, it will sound great. To bad the weather and the timeframe didn't make it possible to shoot some pictures or make some soundclips.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:11 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by 190Benz
the stealership.
Hahahaha LOL that's exactly what we call them it's a universal thing

Great result on the exhaust
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 AM

190 evoII replica
@AV1: I read that term when I was still active on the 190Revolution forum. I liked it as it is very accurate :-D I have allot of clients of mine that are dealerships or shops and I know what price some charge a customer and what they actually pay in our store... I've acctualy heard that some just skip the small service and just reset the service light and still charge them the labor and parts :-s So stealership is a universal and very correct name for MOST dealerships or shops :-p
Old 01-08-2013, 05:56 AM

190 evoII replica
Guess who’s back! I made some time today to post about another update. I have been working hard behind my desk this Christmas vacation and with all the Christmas and NYE parties, a little flew and some private matters I couldn’t really find any time to post something for you guys.

Friday 21 December we departed in the early morning towards KW with a new set of winter tires to mount on my 18” OEM coupes wheels. This time we didn’t have a snowstorm…

Once we arrived at KW, I got the whole presentation off the KW DDC ECU coiloverset. It’s high quality like you expect from KW and the ECU with Wi-Fi is very small. The hardness button is in the spot where the cigarette lighter used to be.

The alignment and height of the car has been done by KW. In front I still have enough thread left. In the rear I couldn’t really see how much thread was left because apparently you have to take out the rear spring to adjust the height… I will be looking for a solution in the future.

Our car his pumped up steroid brother was also at KW... I saw 4 C63 AMG Black Series coupes that day. They make our cars look like sissies :-D

As we still had some time left, we went to the Mercedes museum in motor city Stuttgart. I really recommend it! Even if you aren’t a Mercedes fan.

The building itself is a real beauty! And the evolution of the engine is explained wonderfully! There are even some things that are explained with interactive stuff like an exploding airbag or the principles of a hybrid car. I took some pictures. I’m not posting everything as I don’t want to spoil the experience for someone who wants to visit the museum.

Then we drove home and I had some time to play with the KW DDC ECU kit. The change in dampening is the same moment you press the button! And when you push it the color of the ring changes, to indicate in what mode you are in. Comfort (blue) is the First one, this is a little bit softer then the OEM suspension on our cars. It is extremely comfortable for long drives or daily driving. Sport (KW purple) is the second mode and is a bit harder the OEM sport mode. Sport+ (rood) is the last mode; it’s harder than the OEM sport mode. It isn’t that hard as the Bilstein B16 PSS9 kit on my W203. The Bilsteins didn’t have that much travel. The KW kit has a bit more travel before bottoming out. So it isn’t that bouncy. But I could be comparing apples with oranges as it is a complete different platform. And I haven’t really adjusted the kit with my IPod to see if the Sport+ mode is the maximum in stiffness, so it could be comparable with the Bilsteins. I will answer this in the future.

Once I was almost home, I opened up the windows and roof, eco off, sport mode on and manual gearbox. I downshifted and accelerated to hear the exhaust note. The exhaust sounds deeper and darker now. It isn’t loud. Because it is the sport version, not the race. It is more noticeable then the OEM exhaust. And it doesn’t give a drone or an irritating tone when driving on the highway at a constant rpm. I still have my catalyst and an Eisenmann central dampener. The cat will be replaced with a race version. I will see if the exhaust sounds the way I like then before removing the center dampener. I don’t want to remove it now and then get to loud when replacing the cat. I will be recording some sound clips with a decent camera. I don’t want to give you guys a distorted exhaust note when recording with my HTC One X.
Friday evening I arrived at home late from Stuttgart. I unloaded my car because I asked for some promotional material from KW to put in our shop.

The next morning I was on the road to KCPerformance to get my ECU read out. They also took some pictures for their website and apparently I am there new timeline picture on Facebook.

Facebook Post

After the small photo shoot they tried to access the ECU via Canbus. This didn’t really work so we took out the ECU and wrote down the part numbers and such. They will be ordering a new ECU to send around to get a program written to crack the ECU. So then my car wouldn’t be sitting there useless without an ECU.

I took time to enjoy my car again as I have been missing it for 2 months. I really like the KW DDC ECU system. I don’t have to compromise now or get under my car to adjust the dampening. The Eisenmann exhaust is the perfect size. I have been standing next to a C63 and I think every C63 could use a more aggressive exhaust. The exhaust note is great for a standard coupe. Once I have more than the standard 204hp I might like it a bit louder.

Here are some pictures of the stance and exhaust. Don’t mind that the car is dirty! I washed it but if I drive it for 5 minutes it’s dirty again with our wet weather in Belgium. :-(
I did put a layer of Chemical Guys Black and Chemical Guys XXX Hardcore wax on it after I washed it. The exhaust tips also got some CG Metal Polish and a layer of CG Metal Wax.

The next updates will probably be something with a bit of carbon fiber... ;-)
Old 01-08-2013, 12:20 PM

C250 coupe 2013
Sorry but Very ordinary build, try something different, all of the builded cars look the same.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CLS320cdi, GL350BT, ML270cdi
@hasan: Each his own tastes, to my opinion it looks way better than a coupe with E63 exhaust tips.

niels: Props to you man, the car looks great already. exhaust looks sweet. can't wait to hear how it sounds.
keep it up. do you already have plans on wich wheels you will be running?

grtz
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM

190 evoII replica
Originally Posted by Hasan Komur
Sorry but Very ordinary build, try something different, all of the builded cars look the same.
Hasan, this is ordinary to you? So there are more cars that went to Eisenmann to get the first homologated quad Eisenmann setup and went to KW to get the first homologated KW DDC ECU coilover kit for the C204? And are there other cars here that are getting engine upgrades other then the Burger Motorsport stuff?

This stuf is all high quality and expensive. Money doesn't grow on trees. I have to work hard for it like most people. I mostly work 6 out of 7 days at my desk. And if you look at my previous cars. I like a subtle low key style. If this isn't your cup of tea. Then don't look here. I'm not going to add a giant spoiler, bodykit and loud paintjob. It doesn't float my boat.

So what would you do to make the build different?

Everything I write here is to let you guys now that you can now get those parts from Eisenmann, KW,.... And when the intercooler, oilcooler, downpipe,... are ready I will probably look into getting more developed for other people who might enjoy them. There is nobody that has cracked our car's ecu to write a engine mapping from SCRATCH. Other guys might profit from this. It might be the software the wrote for my ECU (the part to access all the engine paramerts) that will be mapping your ECU.

Upgrades like these cost money and time. And if it isn't what you like, then make your own build thread... I'll build my own thread!! With black jack! And hookers!!! Infact, forget the black jack and hookers... Just build thread then
Old 01-08-2013, 04:44 PM

190 evoII replica
Originally Posted by lepez
@hasan: Each his own tastes, to my opinion it looks way better than a coupe with E63 exhaust tips.

niels: Props to you man, the car looks great already. exhaust looks sweet. can't wait to hear how it sounds.
keep it up. do you already have plans on wich wheels you will be running?

grtz

You will probably hear it at the Cleaned Mercedes m&g

I don't have a clue what I will be getting for wheels. I have been looking into 20" W221 S63 AMG, 20" Brabus Monoblock F, 20" Vossen CV7, 20" Schmidt FS, 19" ADV1 08TF, 19" OZ Formula HLT...

I'm going crazy

If you are looking for a new set for your W203 I still have my 19" CLS55 and 19" RH AN Crossline wheels.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

CLS63 AMG
Here is a C250/350 Coupe we just did on 20x8.5/20x10.0 Matte Graphite VVS-CV3s!

Click photo to view the full gallery!

And don't miss the video

Old 01-09-2013, 03:34 AM

190 evoII replica
Thanks for the pictures Diego! Looks stunning as we can always expect from Vossen
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 AM

C250 coupe 2013
My car will be completed in 10 days, you are gonna see the hookers and black jack soon.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:59 AM

190 evoII replica
Originally Posted by Hasan Komur
My car will be completed in 10 days, you are gonna see the hookers and black jack soon.
Great! I am looking forward to seeing your thread then.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:33 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Nice work, I love the DDC adjustable KW coil over install with hidden control button - very nice indeed
Old 01-11-2013, 01:36 AM

C250 Coupe 2011 AMG Package
Niceeeee. Video for the sound please
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM

190 evoII replica
@AV1: Yes, I feel very James Bond when I change my suspension setting :-D
@paleface: I will try to record some footage this weekend with my cellphone for you.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 AM

C250 Coupe
Very Nice and well done :-)

Mike
Old 01-14-2013, 06:50 AM

190 evoII replica
@AF6OR: Thanks Mike!

For the footage I made of the exhauste note... The videos don't sound like the real thing :-(
So I'm not posting them. I will be asking a decent camera from a friend to shoot better clips.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:28 PM

W204 2010 OM651 CDI
Salut, c'est chouette de voir un belge tout comme moi sur ce forum...
Très beau coupé
Je possède également un : 180 cgi (vu qu'on nous pompe correctement en belgique) M274 (1596 cc turbo) blanc polaire, toit pano., ils, pack AMG, pack style, pack lumière.
J'aimerai également un échappement style c63, histoire que la sonorité soit un peu plus sympa.

Au plaisir de te relire ;0)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C250 Cpe, E90 M3
Hey do you have any sound clips of the exhaust? Did it come w the rear diffuser also or where did you get it from?
Old 01-20-2013, 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
Great build so far man. I got respect for a man who is willing to push the boundaries of a new platform. I went with the c350 just because I already have a genesis coupe 2.0t that im building now and didnt wanna fall into temptation with the c250 lol. Im looking forward to seeing the progress on your build.

Also I love you W201. Im deciding if I wanna do a w201 with a v8 swap or a cressida with a 2jz swap for my next build.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:43 PM

2012 C204
Quite inspiring. I'm especially intrigued to see if that ECU can be cracked. I'm doubtful, after much research on multiple boards, that much more can be done than what we've seen with current piggyback solutions.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:56 AM

190 evoII replica
@lolo4motion: Bonjour mon amis Belgique! Je suis un Flamand mais je parle et comprend le Francais un petit peu. Mon Anglais est plus bon de mon Francais :-) Excuser mois pour continuez en Anglais. So where are you from in Belgium? Maybe we can do a photoshoot? You can get an OEM AMG exhaust, Eisenmann, Supersprint or visit www.skytune.be they make custom exhausts with certificates for the technical inspection.

@100degrees: No sound clips yet... Very sorry! But there is allot of snow in Belgium now and the roads are terrible at the moment.

@wnunez89: Yeah a C350 is just a bad decission in Belgium. Iff I lived in the US I could have bought an AMG for the money. Thanks for the compliments. I can see that your into moddifying. So I'm guessing you will probably be modding the C350 also as it is hard not to modify a car :-p Both of the engine swaps sound great! I am also doubting about putting in a Merc V8 or a Merc 6 inline with turbo in it in the future...

@Amin Skaf: The ECU will be cracked, it's just a matter of time and the right people. I'm still waiting for a phonecall from KCPerformance. But I know that they are still on it.

As for the car. I'm not really looking into updates because I still have to wait for the ECU and because the wheather is crap here now. I will be changing the sparkplugs soon and I'll do a DIY write up for the forum. I'm still struggling with what wheels I will be fitting.

Footage of the exhaust is still to come... Sorry about the delay guys!
Old 01-28-2013, 05:26 PM

190 evoII replica
So I made a quick edit of a couple of clips. I checked the sound with my laptop, Beats by Dre in-ears and Sennheiser headphones.

Laptop didn't sound indentical. The in-ears and headphones gave an almost identical exhaust note.

Last edited by 190Benz; 01-28-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 PM

C250 Cpe, E90 M3
Sounds great! Thanks for the clips...is this the Sport or the Race version?

Any noticeable drone in the cabin?
Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM

C250 Coupe 2011 AMG Package
I tought eisenmann make the sound louder, but if you remove the resonator i guess it will get much louder than this.

But overall its nice, and thank u for the nice video

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My C250 coupe build thread