2012 C250 Coupe Pulls to right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C250 2012 Coupe
2012 C250 Coupe Pulls to right

I have @23K miles on my 2012 C250 coupe. I replaced the (staggered) tires at Costco with Michelin Sport AS/3 Y speed rating, and got an alignment done at Just Tires where they adjusted the left front alignment. I noticed that while driving on a straight road the car now pulls to the right. I took it back and Just Tires, although willing to do a re-alignment, thought it might be due to the tires. I got the right front tire replaced at Costco free of charge. However the car still pulled to the right. Took it back to Just Tires and they corrected alignment on the right front this time and also swapped the front tires, and I believe, tried adjusting camber on right front. They confessed that the pull to the right still remains and offered a refund... Is there something different that Mercedes does with their alignment? What could be the issue? Thinking of taking it in to Mercedes after all although they are expensive....
Old 02-14-2014, 06:30 AM

2018 GLC300W
True, but...

I lease so I chose to always have my work done at the dealership. I just had an alignment done in January and if I remember correctly it was a $190 service. Give them a call and find out; they can't charge you for that.
Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 PM

1967 250SEL, 1982 380SL, 2000 ML320, 2005 SL500, 2018 GLE350
Unless you are mechanically skilled enough to perform repairs yourself OR you have a trusted mechanic who specializes in Benzes... ALWAYS, ALWAYS go to the dealership. Not only will they do the work right the first time, your car's resale value will be higher if you can document the maintenance was only performed at the dealer using OEM parts. Reason being, any mechanic will tell you he can fit tires on your car because he wants your business. But he knows nothing about the C250 camber angle, and have you seen how much the wheels tilt at full steering? What do they know about your C250's sway bar? Are they hooking up the tire pressure monitor sensors when they're done?

Bottom line... when you're making a budget to buy your new Mercedes, if you can't afford the maintenance by qualified professionals, you can't afford the car. Treat your baby right and she will treat you right back for many many years.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:08 PM
SPONSOR

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Mercedes-Benz CLK 550
Originally Posted by gwill70868
I have @23K miles on my 2012 C250 coupe. I replaced the (staggered) tires at Costco with Michelin Sport AS/3 Y speed rating, and got an alignment done at Just Tires where they adjusted the left front alignment. I noticed that while driving on a straight road the car now pulls to the right. I took it back and Just Tires, although willing to do a re-alignment, thought it might be due to the tires. I got the right front tire replaced at Costco free of charge. However the car still pulled to the right. Took it back to Just Tires and they corrected alignment on the right front this time and also swapped the front tires, and I believe, tried adjusting camber on right front. They confessed that the pull to the right still remains and offered a refund... Is there something different that Mercedes does with their alignment? What could be the issue? Thinking of taking it in to Mercedes after all although they are expensive....

OTHER ALTERNATIVE TO STEERING PULL AND PREMATURE TIRE WEAR IS TO BE ABLE TO RETURN TO FACTORY SPECS BY FITTING K-MAC

*Free Fedex delivery to MB World members until 31st March 2014 (PayPal, Visa or Mastercard)

Ex-factory there is only front and rear Toe adjustment for virtually all Mercedes 1968 to current models (and same with Chrysler Crossfire and 300C etc).

We saw the need for owners to be able to return vehicle to factory specs and were the very first company to manufacture precisely adjustable front Camber and Caster bushing kits with twice the adjustment range of the basic one setting offset bolts.

Then for the rear, K-MAC Camber adjuster kits, which have the advantage (unlike upper adjustable arms/DIY kits) of not moving the top of the tire outwards when adjusting to resolve premature inner edge wear - which is an important factor to prevent tires scuffing outer fenders if wide profile tires/rims fitted.

Another advantage with K-MAC rear kits (unlike spherical bearings used in these upper arm kits that prematurely pound out resulting in harsh metal to metal contact) - there's 20 years of proven design and certainly no squeaks.

Also all K-MAC rear Camber adjusters include extra Toe adjustment which is essential to compensate accurately for the new Camber facility! These specially designed Toe bushes also eliminate the unwanted flex of the soft composition and air voids of the OEM bushes further improving handling responsiveness when cornering or lane changing.

The K-MAC patented design front kits replace the 4 main suspension bushes - the unique 2 axis/self aligning design also doubles the load bearing area thereby increasing wear life and also steering and braking response.

Similar design is used for the 4 main rear K-MAC bushings.

Result is precise single wrench front and rear (ongoing) adjustment to importantly return vehicle to factory specs to improve traction, compensate for steering pull, costly inner edge tire wear through altering height, fitting wide profile tires, load carrying, curb-knock damage and/or the advantage of being able to alter specs, improve lap times on track days and with genuine K-MAC you also do not need to purchase special fitting tools.

Product confidence with K-MAC is further assured by our total, ongoing commitment to motor racing - all out 10/10th competition testing keeps K-MAC
Old 02-15-2014, 08:27 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C350 4matic coupe
Originally Posted by elmariachi304
Unless you are mechanically skilled enough to perform repairs yourself OR you have a trusted mechanic who specializes in Benzes... ALWAYS, ALWAYS go to the dealership. Not only will they do the work right the first time, your car's resale value will be higher if you can document the maintenance was only performed at the dealer using OEM parts. Reason being, any mechanic will tell you he can fit tires on your car because he wants your business. But he knows nothing about the C250 camber angle, and have you seen how much the wheels tilt at full steering? What do they know about your C250's sway bar? Are they hooking up the tire pressure monitor sensors when they're done?

Bottom line... when you're making a budget to buy your new Mercedes, if you can't afford the maintenance by qualified professionals, you can't afford the car. Treat your baby right and she will treat you right back for many many years.
This. So much. Seriously, it never ceases to amaze me people who won't go to the dealership, especially when they buy a car like this. You dropped the money on a new Benz and now maintenance is more expensive, welcome to the club. It sucks but you have to pay to play. If you cut corners it'll come back to bite you in the *** as you no doubt just found out here. I recommend going to the dealership and have them do it. Having all your maintenance documented and done at the dealership also keeps your warranty a live (doesn't prematurely end it).
Old 02-16-2014, 03:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c250 coupe .2012 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by elmariachi304
Unless you are mechanically skilled enough to perform repairs yourself OR you have a trusted mechanic who specializes in Benzes... ALWAYS, ALWAYS go to the dealership. Not only will they do the work right the first time, your car's resale value will be higher if you can document the maintenance was only performed at the dealer using OEM parts. Reason being, any mechanic will tell you he can fit tires on your car because he wants your business. But he knows nothing about the C250 camber angle, and have you seen how much the wheels tilt at full steering? What do they know about your C250's sway bar? Are they hooking up the tire pressure monitor sensors when they're done? Bottom line... when you're making a budget to buy your new Mercedes, if you can't afford the maintenance by qualified professionals, you can't afford the car. Treat your baby right and she will treat you right back for many many years.
. I couldn't agree with u more Every issue I have with my c250 simple r major the dealership Is my first option because the technicians are Trained an knowledgeable about the new an old line of mbz A side shop doesn't know much or anything this is from experience.
Old 02-17-2014, 08:31 AM

2015 ML350 Black/Black
I wouldn't trust to do alignment to places like this, Costco also by far not the best to replace tires. I am normally buying tires from TireRack and asking MB dealer to install them, it cost me not much more but I know they would be responsible for any problem on my MB. This is no Chevy to play with it like this....
Old 02-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Dial in one more degree caster on the passenger side front (max 2 degrees) than the drivers side. Typically 9.6 & 10.6 degrees. This will stop the car from pulling with the camber of the road. Fluted 3 way castor bolts are required for the job.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c250 coupe .2012 e550 coupe
Originally Posted by gwill70868
Just bring ur car to dealership am sure they will fit the problem Or mybe u need to re Balance ur front wheel I had a similar problem to urs when I put some 19s on my car a month ago
Attached Thumbnails 2012 C250 Coupe Pulls to right-image-2269323974.jpg  
Old 02-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Let me assure you that the Caster adjustment is the recommended MB fix. The only adjustment you can do without the fluted bolt kit is Toe. This will not resolve the issue.

Most US dealers don't seem to know about it because they don't read their DTB's.