C-Class (W202) 1995-2000: C 200 CDI, C 220 CDI, C 270 CDI, C 180, C 200 K,C 230 K, C 220, C230, C 280

Questions ... Brake pads/rotors, suspension for 98 C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2004 | 01:03 AM

Questions ... Brake pads/rotors, suspension for 98 C230

Hello .. I am new to the forum and my stock ride has so many warning lights on the dash now and I need to fix them soon ... I have a few questions that I'd like to ask you experts

1) Where can I get a good price for aftermarket/oem brake pads/rotors? (I just need new ones to replace the old ones ...)

2) I need to upgrade the suspension because I believe the shocks are blown
(abs light is on) ... should I get new shocks and reuse the stock springs or should I get something like the HR cupkit ? is the cupkit any good ? any other suggestion ?

3) I need to do oil change ... what oil should I use? (I live in Toronto and we get cold winter) how much is an oil filter kit from stealership ?

4) Where can I get MAF for cheap ? (check engine light is on and I believe that's the cause of it) what else could cause the CEL to go on ?

Thank you very much for your help!
Stephen

Last edited by Sunapollo; 08-03-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-03-2004 | 01:22 AM

one more question about the powered driver seat ...

did anyone report problem with the power seat not functioning properly? sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt ... it's like the power plug is not secured or something ...
Old 08-03-2004 | 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sunapollo
one more question about the powered driver seat ...

did anyone report problem with the power seat not functioning properly? sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt ... it's like the power plug is not secured or something ...
This happens to me - I open the door and move the seat back if my wife has been driving the car. Sometimes I have to turn on the car to get the seat to move, sometimes I don't. I posted a ? on this board, and most people responded that it is working as designed.

About your brakes. Chances are if your brake pad warning light is on you will need to buy the sensors as well. They are wires that slip into your brake pads. FYI. In 1998, they did a mid-production swap of rear brake parts. When you search for brakes, you may need to have your VIN number handy to get the correct size for the rear brake pads.

I used Wagner ceramic pads, but noticed that they don't stop as well, but they don't create a lot of brake dust either. I will probably change them soon to Pagid pads, which are recommended by many members of this forum.
Old 08-03-2004 | 03:42 PM

1998 C230
I think I am in need of changing brakes soon too. everytime i hit the brake pedal...a yellow light goes on. I was thinking about getting the stock breaks from mercedes because they come witht he sensors right? How much is stock brakes compared to aftermarket?
Old 08-04-2004 | 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
i use stock pads and rotors. works best

hr cup kit is harsh ride
Old 08-04-2004 | 03:28 AM

c43
you could always go with some bad *** big break kit from amg or brabus, i'm not too sure but I believe Brabus breaks are better, but i could be very wrong, they might not even make break kits for 202 anymore, if some brabus guy is here please post
Old 08-04-2004 | 04:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63, GT3RS, 430 Scud, E63, CGT
buy C43 brake kit.
Old 08-04-2004 | 04:13 AM

c43
and with the door thing, if the door is open, it can move, if it is closed it needs to have power, my guess would be on why this is, maybe if you open the door and ur a fatass and need to move the seat back you can't get in, adn u gotta turn it back, conversely if ur some skinny lunger and need to move it up its a pain to sit all the way back and move it up, yet if ur already in the car you must have fit and can make a perfect distance with power on, or they're just stupid?