C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C350 purchase questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 purchase questions

This is my first time to buy a new Benz as it is first being introduced.

I searched the forums and did not see this question posted - I apologize if I may have missed it.

My local dealer told me that I can give her $1000 deposit to get on the list for a C350.
-- Based on passed mb new-model deliveries, what is the percentage likelyhood that the C350 will be delivered to U.S. dealerships by October 15th?
-- Are there any steps that I can take that will give me the best chance of getting the car by October 15th?
-- I have read some posts from users that say that CarsDirect.com got them a great deal on their Benz. Is it unlikely that I will be able to purchase the C350 for anything under MSRP in October?
-- Is there really any advantage to buying from a local dealership if you know that you want to buy a particular car?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome to the forum.

1) Good depending on location and allocation
2) Finding one of the larger stealerships with a high allocation
3) All depends on your location which you didn't specify
4) Depends on how many locals there are
Old 05-14-2005, 01:31 PM

I've read on this forum that people are getting good deals from Southern California dealerships. Should I try to target those dealerships and offer, say, $1K below MSRP for the C350?
Old 05-14-2005, 01:53 PM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by mb12345
-- Is there really any advantage to buying from a local dealership if you know that you want to buy a particular car?
I believe so. Even if the cost services are no longer included in the cost of the car, it is my opinion that you will receive better service if you bought the car through the dealership. Especially in terms of loaners when (sorry if - they are getting better) something goes wrong or you need a service. This may vary from area to area, but here in Orlando the dealership only hass a limitted number of Benz loaners.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:08 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
Originally Posted by mikefl52
I believe so. Even if the cost services are no longer included in the cost of the car, it is my opinion that you will receive better service if you bought the car through the dealership. Especially in terms of loaners when (sorry if - they are getting better) something goes wrong or you need a service. This may vary from area to area, but here in Orlando the dealership only hass a limitted number of Benz loaners.
Which dealer in Orlando are you talking about? MB of South Orlando will only give loaners if you bought the car from them. I asked because I got mine at MB of Orlando when they were the only dealer in town. I live in South Orlando and it would be much closer to take mine to the new dealer but they said no loaner.

GGM
Old 05-14-2005, 04:45 PM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS
Originally Posted by GGM
Which dealer in Orlando are you talking about? MB of South Orlando will only give loaners if you bought the car from them. I asked because I got mine at MB of Orlando when they were the only dealer in town. I live in South Orlando and it would be much closer to take mine to the new dealer but they said no loaner.

GGM
Altamont Springs - MB Of Orlando

From what I can gather they only give loaners for cars bought there. I live in East Orange County and so it is about as far to either dealership.

I guess this supports my case that there is some value to using a dealership.
Old 05-14-2005, 06:00 PM

I think that I read somewhere that MB offers free scheduled maintenance on the C-Class. Is that correct?

I currently own a Boxster that I bought from a dealer in Plano, TX. They used to give Boxster loaners - now they make customers pay $20 for a Hertz rent-a-car. So, due to past experience, I would rather save a few thousand dollars up front than to expect that I will receive an MB loaner when my car is serviced.

So, should I contact the SoCal dealers directly or go through a service like CarsDirect.com? Also, will I have to worry about double taxation if I live in TX but I am buying the car from SoCal?
Old 05-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
This is not a flame,
but if you decided on a MB you will need to do a bit more research.

1) No free maintenance any more. For more info search this forum.
2) I would suggest you read up on the applicable laws regarding taxation and how they apply in your state versus buying out of state. I give you a hint: find someone that has dealt with the situation that you are trying to explore. MarcusBenz is a sponsor of this forum.