C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Pics-Dallas C-Class Meet: A Little Soggy, but fun!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2002, 10:26 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Pics-Dallas C-Class Meet: A Little Soggy, but fun!

Despite lots of rain and a threat of severe thunderstorms in the area, a small but determined contingent of Dallas Area owners showed up for the June 30th meet at the Bahama Breeze Restaurant in Frisco...

C230Komp was there with his Magma Red Coupe. Revstriker brought his Black C320. MB-BOB's Desert Silver C320 was also in attendance. And jswedberg rounded out the crew with his beast, a Brilliant Silver C32 AMG. Forum member TIM also dropped buy to check out the rides and ask questions.

There also was an older couple patronizing the restaurant who had/have several MBs... they came by to ask questions and share their ownership experiences as well.

The party started at 2pm under gentle showers, but soon cleared to a dull overcast. Conversation was so intriguing that we didn't take time to visit the restaurant, but stood around the parking lot, eagerly comparing the features of each ride. Several of us remained til after 5pm.

Revstriker had his camera with him and took some snapshots of the line... Perhaps he'll post some pics later.

The weather played havoc with us initially, and I'm sure it affected the turnout. DFW weather has been very mild for several weeks, but wouldn't you know Mother Nature had to pick that afternoon to kick up a fit. But it will leave plenty of room for improvement at future meetings.

Thanks to all who came for the party. I went home and washed my car for a second time that day!

Last edited by MB-BOB; 07-01-2002 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:38 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Well, I guess those Speedos came in really handy then, huh?

We had 5 ccoupes show up at the PA meet - me, Young, Greg, Chris, and Columbus, along with an interloper in a WRX - is Sven correct? - anyway, he gave Young a ride in the wrx, and Young then went home to change his underwear.

Our weather was perfect, if not a little hot. Had a great time, except when Greg started nitpicking at my front end protection, break dust on the rims, and spoiler paint.

No two cars were the same, so it was fun to see everyone else's cars, especially Greg's Comand system and Chris' headlight washers - the amount of fluid that those things spit out is scary.

Couple of people took some pics, so look for those as well.
Old 07-01-2002, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Had a good time at the Dallas meet. It was very nice seeing a C32 close up for the first time. Very nice car! As MB-BOB stated I did take a few pics of the cars lined up. I haven't had a chance to download them into the computer yet, so when I do, I will post them (proabably later in the week).

It was great meeting some other forum members. I even left with a limited edition MB-BOB dead pedal, custom colored for my Java interior.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really enjoyed meeting all of the guys in attendance! (Although I look forward to another time when it's a little sunnier!) I can't tell you how bad I felt that the coupe was dirty. It made ME feel dirty....in a bad way. I usually keep it spotless, but I guess they are made to be driven after all!

I forgot to look at the dead pedal! Crap!
Old 07-01-2002, 02:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C32 AMG
It was fun! MB-Bob is Da Man for modding his car!
(Mine was the stock-est - is that a word? - of everyone's)

Actually none of the cars were Xtreme - thank goodness for sanity!

C230Komp, sweet stereo! I really wanted to check out the rest of your car, but we all got talking and before I knew it you had to leave! Next time!

Speaking of WRXs - one flew by me while driving home! O how I wanted to get to him - but the traffic was too tight! And I am a wimp in the wet. (Maybe in the dry, too.) Oh well, another day!
Old 07-01-2002, 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by C230Komp
I really enjoyed meeting all of the guys in attendance! (Although I look forward to another time when it's a little sunnier!) I can't tell you how bad I felt that the coupe was dirty. It made ME feel dirty....in a bad way. I usually keep it spotless, but I guess they are made to be driven after all!

I forgot to look at the dead pedal! Crap!
I still thought your car looked nice, even with a little bit of dirt. I like the red with the C7 package!

Too bad about missing the dead pedal display..... I also forgot to get a look at MB-BOB's custom fit compass but I did check out his hands free phone kit, and his custom made phone mount. And of course, the winshield shade! It actaully looked better than I thought it would!
Old 07-01-2002, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Oh, post pictures!

I can't wait to see what Bob and Tommy look like. We'll see if Bob still looks like a weather man and if Tommy looks like the Playboy he is.

Beth
Old 07-01-2002, 04:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Beth, did you go to the Ski Beach event?

MB-Bob, I'm envious of your rain, I got sunburned, rain would have felt better. Today we officially have the driest year (they go by July 1st to June 30th) in weather history in So Cal. I forgot what rain is anymore. Is it like taking a shower with your clothes on?
Old 07-01-2002, 04:09 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Buellwinkle, schedule your next meet to Sweden. Rain guaranteed...
Old 07-01-2002, 04:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Beth, did you go to the Ski Beach event?

MB-Bob, I'm envious of your rain, I got sunburned, rain would have felt better. Today we officially have the driest year (they go by July 1st to June 30th) in weather history in So Cal. I forgot what rain is anymore. Is it like taking a shower with your clothes on?
Nope, came back to San Francisco and sunned myself at the beach -- skin cancer be damned!
Old 07-01-2002, 04:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by DtS
Buellwinkle, schedule your next meet to Sweden. Rain guaranteed...
Cool, I'll buy one of those round things people hold over their heads when it rains.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by galaxygrrl
Oh, post pictures!

I can't wait to see what Bob and Tommy look like. We'll see if Bob still looks like a weather man and if Tommy looks like the Playboy he is.

Beth
Well, Tommy didn't show up in his speedos for the Dallas meet (thank goodness). You'll have to take my word on what Bob looks like because I didn't get any pictures of him either, only the cars . Actually, we got so busy talking and looking at each other's cars that the time flew by. I looked at my watch and realized I was running late for my golf tourny (which got rained out on the 7th hole; we were 1 over par in a scramble). Anyway, I took out my camera and got a few quick shots before I had to go!

Beth, if you would have showed up I would have skipped the golf.
Old 07-01-2002, 04:45 PM

W203
Hey Buellwinkle, I thought lobster red was your natural complextion I got burned too
Old 07-01-2002, 05:24 PM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Revstriker: Oops, I completely forgot to open the ash tray door to display the famous compass. My bad. We got to talking so much about cars that I forgot to ask you about your camera until it was too late. Your Zaino finish was perfect. Looks wonderful on a black car. I'm jealous. I really intend to get my Zaino out of the closet. Really...

jswedberg: Thanks for the Comand and phone demostrations. Interesting to see it work outside a sales environment. Makes me wish I had spent the extra $2500... almost. BTW, I'll gladly swap you my clear corner lamps anyday for that silver thingy between the cylinder banks of your V6! Think about it.

C230Komp: Your Coupe looked great. Everyone's car was wet. I drove 23 miles in the rain, and I could see the dirt on my rear bumper... Notice I didn't mention how the desert silver hides the dirt? Also enjoyed the demo of your Audio 10. Very Good sound, and I doubt I will ever have the chance to see another example (unless it's yours at a future meet).

Galaxygrrl: tommy is nothing to look at, mostly 'cause he was nothing more than not present. Yes, I still look like a weatherman. Or, a photo of a weatherman... or a photo of the weather... can you picture those satellite weather photos showing the curvature of the earth? Every time Scott pulled out his camera, I ran to stand behind him (you noticed, right, Scott?) At least I didn't need the sunblock for my shiny head.

Buell: Sorry you're getting no rain in your woods. You'll have to come to our next meet... If I set it up, I'm sure it will rain.

Starting to wonder if I'm a rocket racer boy. Yes, I did have the most mods there. Someone pledge to shoot me if I get the itch for a wing. I'd prefer you, Beth--maybe all I need is a spanking...

Last edited by MB-BOB; 07-01-2002 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-01-2002, 05:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by MB-BOB
Starting to wonder if I'm a rocket racer boy. Yes, I did have the most mods there. Someone pledge to shoot me if I get the itch for a wing... I'd prefer you, Beth.
You did make a comment about putting a wing on your car....... Hmm.... Knowing you though (as much/little as I do), you would probably make it from plastic file folders, and old Credit Cards!

btw - actually I thought the file folder cell phone holder thing-a-magig was pretty cool! I think I might try that one myself...
Old 07-02-2002, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Galaxygrrl: tommy is nothing to look at, mostly 'cause he was nothing more than not present.... I'd prefer you, Beth--maybe all I need is a spanking... [/B]
OK, how do you know Tommy is not as hot as Brad Pitt? Maybe I know more about this topic than you or maybe not :p You assume the worst about that boy...geezzz, I wonder why? ;p

As for the spanking comment, how do you know that I'm not the one one that wants to use the paddle. Equal rights you know.

Ciao!

Beth
Old 07-02-2002, 09:50 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage

OK, how do you know Tommy is not as hot as Brad Pitt? Maybe I know more about this topic than you or maybe not :p You assume the worst about that boy...geezzz, I wonder why? ;p

As for the spanking comment, how do you know that I'm not the one one that wants to use the paddle. Equal rights you know.

Ciao!

Beth
OK, so now you're defending tommy? Huh? I was just saying that tommy was not here (no surprise). That's all.

As for the spanking, I was kinda hoping you would be the one with the paddle.

Bad Boy Bob...
Old 07-02-2002, 10:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OK, so now you're defending tommy? Huh? I was just saying that tommy was not here (no surprise). That's all.

Bad Boy Bob...
OK, so I had a moment of niceness about the guy, it won't happen again.

Oh, Bob, I would have never guessed. I'll wear a bikini! :p
Old 07-02-2002, 10:21 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car

Bad Boy Bob...
It IS an interesting Love/Hate relationship that they're having!!

So which is it GG; Do you prefer to be the paddler-er or the paddler-ee?
Old 07-02-2002, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Oh, Bob, I would have never guessed. I'll wear a bikini! :p
Hmmmm..... This sounds like a story I heard before..... Still waiting.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Scott,

Your welcome to come to San Francisco anytime, we'll go to the beach! And unlike Young, when your two blcoks from my house, maybe you could stop by :p.

Beth
Old 07-02-2002, 10:49 AM
Admin Alumni

See Garage
Originally posted by revstriker
Hmmmm..... This sounds like a story I heard before..... Still waiting.
Hey, Rev, don't spoil it for me, please!
Old 07-02-2002, 10:58 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Scott,

Your welcome to come to San Francisco anytime, we'll go to the beach! And unlike Young, when your two blcoks from my house, maybe you could stop by :p.

Beth
Of course I would stop by to ah... see your ah.... CAR, yes that's it, just to see your car!
Old 07-02-2002, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by revstriker
Of course I would stop by to ah... see your ah.... CAR, yes that's it, just to see your car!
If I was your seven-moths pregnet wife, let me tell ya, there is no way I would buy that story, but you're welcome to come. :p
Old 07-02-2002, 11:51 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car

If I was your seven-moths pregnet wife, let me tell ya, there is no way I would buy that story, but you're welcome to come. :p
Not convincing enough, huh? Well, I have no plans to travel to SF this year (but you never know w/work). Actually SF is one of Michelle's favorite cities so she is always trying to talk me into going there for a long weekend (I've never been). Someday...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics-Dallas C-Class Meet: A Little Soggy, but fun!