C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-25-2010, 01:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
I like you.. LOL we think alike. Nothing irritates me more than someone who parades opinion as fact. Or make brazen statements that they can't possibly back-up with anything. To make this relevant to this particular discussion, my car could use a $300 detail job right now much more than it would need something to amplify the signal of the throttle. Whether I press it 1/2 way down or all the way, the end result is the same - it's fairly slow. Amplifying the signal of my C230's throttle would be akin to winning a 10x multiplier on a slot machine where your prize amount was 0. What's 10 times 0? Oh damn.. I would need at least 20 times 0! /sarcasm.
haha exactly! I couldn't have said it better myself. If I knew of a way to modify my ECU programming and actually remove the throttle lag in my 240 I would absolutely do it - I hate the lag. Not to mention how slow it is, but that isn't going to change until I buy an AMG
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Originally Posted by acr2001
haha exactly! I couldn't have said it better myself. If I knew of a way to modify my ECU programming and actually remove the throttle lag in my 240 I would absolutely do it - I hate the lag. Not to mention how slow it is, but that isn't going to change until I buy an AMG
sl65

but dont put a sprintbooster on it, because that would be like dividing 20 by 0

you'd be creating black holes every time you hit the gas pedal
Old 01-25-2010, 01:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Old 01-25-2010, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
The argument now is you can't press the pedal down faster than the sprint booster? Come to LA and see me and i'll program your pedal to be more sensitive and you'll have the sprint booster effect without paying 300 bucks.

Offtopic

ROLLNNN when we gonna do the chirp-without loosing panic for you man? I'm still trying to find out how I got to turning off the side marker. Damn STAR...it's like a maze..I gotta write this stuff down.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
Originally Posted by Karo

Offtopic

ROLLNNN when we gonna do the chirp-without loosing panic for you man? I'm still trying to find out how I got to turning off the side marker. Damn STAR...it's like a maze..I gotta write this stuff down.
Karo, sending pm...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
The argument now is you can't press the pedal down faster than the sprint booster? Come to LA and see me and i'll program your pedal to be more sensitive and you'll have the sprint booster effect without paying 300 bucks.

Offtopic

Hey Karo, sorry I haven't spoke with you in so long - ran into a few issues with my plans. Sounds like you've been making some interesting discoveries lately though
Old 01-25-2010, 02:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Hey Karo, sorry I haven't spoke with you in so long - ran into a few issues with my plans. Sounds like you've been making some interesting discoveries lately though
It's going pretty well but the idiot that I am I don't write the steps down and I forget how to do them
I did find out how to Disable the Seat Belt Chime. (see attached PDF)

-------------
Rollnnn - I wasn't targeting you lool I saw on below that you were viewing this thread so I posted it here. Let me know bro.

Last edited by W203E35; 04-30-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I did find out how to Disable the Seat Belt Chime. (see attached PDF)
You just now figured it out? You're slow! I figured this out a long time ago. When I put on my seatbelt (like I always do), it stops chiming.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
You just now figured it out? You're slow! I figured this out a long time ago. When I put on my seatbelt (like I always do), it stops chiming.
haha wait! Time out a sec!
Before we get into the seat belt warning argument I just want to say this -
I always wear my seat belt. I put it on after I start the engine. Because of that I have to listen to that constant beeping! I just want to disable that. The beeping that occurs after you start moving without the seat belt is fine with me - we can keep that one!

Thanks for the PDF Karo... have to order the SDS soon...

Last edited by acr2001; 01-25-2010 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Ohh what? So all this time all I had to do is put on my seatbelt and the chiming would have stopped?

I'm such an idiot

-----------------
How are things going Matt, I haven't talked to you for a while. How's the 135i treating you? When you coming down to SoCal?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I always wear my seat belt. I put it on after I start the engine. Because of that I have to listen to that constant beeping! I just want to disable that. The beeping that occurs after you start moving without the seat belt is fine with me - we can keep that one!
Oh god I know right.. the beeping after the engine starts is like chinese water torture. I want to scream. I try to put on my belt before I start the engine to avoid it but sometimes I fail.

I thought we were talking about the nearly inaudible whisper-of-a-beep that the car gives if you don't put on your seatbelt once in motion.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The 135i is a bundle of joy. If I were a religious person (and I'm sooo not), I would believe that driving the 135i is a sin because it simply feels too good to be right.

I want to make a trip to SoCal sometime. It's on my to-do list. Maybe this summer!
Old 01-25-2010, 03:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT

Thanks for the PDF Karo... have to order the SDS soon...
I always wear my seatbelt too. I kind of feel like something is missing when I don't wear it.

The reason I want to disable it (actually have) is because my friend never wears his seatbelt (even though I tell him too) and seriously that beep makes me annoyed. I feel like stomping on breaks and having him fly to the dashboard then punching the gas so he flies back and fourth.

This is the seatbelt sound.

Beeeep Beeep Beep Beep bep bepepepepepepepkekpfpfsdkfsdkpfpgsfkpgsfkdsf (at this point I wanna kill the person next to me that' snot wearing their setbealt!!!)

-----------------------------
Matt, do a roadtrip and come on down to SoCal. Come with the Benz, I'll see up a little get together and BBQ with the C class boys. Bring Trey with you too and Drew.

Last edited by W203E35; 01-25-2010 at 03:59 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:11 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E55 AMG
lol I give up on you two. You refute the fact that the Sprintbooster ACTUALLY does something and DOES what it says it does. How it does it is where you guys are hung up on. Do you really care how it's done? I don't and Sprintbooster owners don't. Why? Because it does not matter, the end result is the same. Simple as that.

So I'm done arguing with two people who don't own a SB and who have never experienced it and instead are out to trash it.

And don't get it twisted, I would back up Sprintbooster whether or not I sold it, it's a totally irrelevant fact.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
lol I give up on you two. You refute the fact that the Sprintbooster ACTUALLY does something and DOES what it says it does. How it does it is where you guys are hung up on. Do you really care how it's done? I don't and Sprintbooster owners don't. Why? Because it does not matter, the end result is the same. Simple as that.

So I'm done arguing with two people who don't own a SB and who have never experienced it and instead are out to trash it.

And don't get it twisted, I would back up Sprintbooster whether or not I sold it, it's a totally irrelevant fact.

I hear what you're saying, but <simon cowell voice> it's a bit like saying a Big Mac is healthy because it has lettuce. </voice>

The "end result is the same" is an accurate statement. If you have a sprintbooster and you hit the gas or you have no sprintbooster and you hit the gas, the end result is, in fact, the same. I'm not arguing with you that it doesn't amplify throttle signals. I'm telling you it does not have any performance advantage whatsoever. I hope that's clear to everyone.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG

I hear what you're saying, but <simon cowell voice> it's a bit like saying a Big Mac is healthy because it has lettuce. </voice>

The "end result is the same" is an accurate statement. If you have a sprintbooster and you hit the gas or you have no sprintbooster and you hit the gas, the end result is, in fact, the same. I'm not arguing with you that it doesn't amplify throttle signals. I'm telling you it does not have any performance advantage whatsoever. I hope that's clear to everyone.
I'm not here to blindly support a product. I understand where you guys think this is worthless on an engineering standpoint. I get that. I respectfully disagree, but I respect your opinions. The same can be said about a lot of other products. But the fact is, it works, and it delivers the end results that are expected, which is that you get immediate response when you press the pedal. If you don't wanna buy it, fine, don't. If that was such a terrible product, wouldn't it be all over the place with negative reviews? Come on, let's give the issue a rest and leave it be.

You have your "white papers," and there are several testimonials. People can make their own educated decisions.

And yes, there are ZERO performance gains from it. It doesn't add any torque or horpsepower. But it undeniably makes the gas pedal feel more responsive (thus the car) because you don't have to depress it as much as without the Sprintbooster.

Anyway, I'd like it if one day you had the opportunity to give it a try on your car, I'm certain you would like it!
Old 01-25-2010, 04:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Then we agree. It makes the gas pedal feel more responsive. I never denied this. But $300 is a lot to ask for something that admittedly has no performance advantages. I have my white papers that state fact, and you have your testimonials. Every make-$6000-a-week-working-from-home-part-time book has testimonials, unfortunately, and I don't buy into those either.

Settled. Our opinions are different but we are entitled to them. But the fact is that it costs $200-$300 (depending on where you see it) and has no performance advantages.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:34 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Anyway, I'd like it if one day you had the opportunity to give it a try on your car, I'm certain you would like it!
There seem to be two camps - those who have it and love it, and those who have never tried it and mercilessly bash it. Too bad there's no loaner program.

I really cannot remember anyone promoting it as a way to make your car quicker, so I cannot understand why people keep saying that the lack of 0-60 times improvement is a negative.

I had a several month period between when the old gray/black version fried itself and when I got my new one, and I hated driving my car during that time.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions, obviously. This just seems like an argument that no one is going to win.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
I'm not here to blindly support a product. I understand where you guys think this is worthless on an engineering standpoint. I get that. I respectfully disagree, but I respect your opinions. The same can be said about a lot of other products. But the fact is, it works, and it delivers the end results that are expected, which is that you get immediate response when you press the pedal. If you don't wanna buy it, fine, don't. If that was such a terrible product, wouldn't it be all over the place with negative reviews? Come on, let's give the issue a rest and leave it be.

You have your "white papers," and there are several testimonials. People can make their own educated decisions.

And yes, there are ZERO performance gains from it. It doesn't add any torque or horpsepower. But it undeniably makes the gas pedal feel more responsive (thus the car) because you don't have to depress it as much as without the Sprintbooster.

If you just say that it only amplifies the throttle position (making the last 3/4 of the travel useless) and that you like that because having the car accelerate more with less pedal travel gives it a "faster" feeling, then I am totally with you. I admit that MANY people do love their sprintboosters and that they sell plenty of them. But the true fact is that that's all it does.

If we are in two identical cars on the line and you have a sprintbooster and we both press the throttle half way - you ARE going to accelerate faster and you are going to beat me! But if we both floor it, or if i compensate and just push my pedal down further, then the results are going to be identical between both cars.

A lot of people for whatever reason, enjoy this and consider the SB totally worth the price. Even the SB website agrees with me - I posted that link so you can read that.

Can't we just respectfully settle it at that?

Edit: I didn't see the two posts above mine until after i posted this.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:43 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Actually, the 0 to 60 is improved because you do get on the throttle quicker than you would if you just punched it. Numbers don't lie. Is it really that much difference? Not a whole lot, but it's there.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What's up with the Accel G being over 3x greater without SB? I don't understand. I'm just curious.

Edit: In a W203 without SB, don't punch it to the floor off the line. Push it down almost all the way. It's weird, but you'll accelerate faster that way.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
What's up with the Accel G being over 3x greater without SB? I don't understand. I'm just curious.

Edit: In a W203 without SB, don't punch it to the floor off the line. Push it down almost all the way. It's weird, but you'll accelerate faster that way.
No idea. ::shrug::
Old 01-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 179 Likes on 146 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Old 01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Actually, the 0 to 60 is improved because you do get on the throttle quicker than you would if you just punched it. Numbers don't lie. Is it really that much difference? Not a whole lot, but it's there.
See the white paper. It mentions this too and explains it well.

The only difference is that with the sprint booster as you mash it down, the pedal will be calling for full throttle at 3/4 distance instead of after you've pushed it down fully. Does this increase 0-60 time? That depends on how long it takes you to mash the throttle. When you consider it from a very technical standpoint, with two identical drivers mashing the throttle at the same speed, then yes, with the sprint booster your 0-60 time will be increased by an insanely small fraction of a second based on the reduced pedal travel distance that the car with the sprint booster does not have to "wait" for. It's not something that anyone would be able to perceive.

Anyway, this stuff gets really old really fast so I'm going to step off my soap box. I hope you haven't taken my argument personally, I understand that there are people out there who enjoy this product for what it is, I just wish people were more clear about what it actually is. I don't fault you for selling them - I would too if I were in your business.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed