C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
I'm sure it's just flashed onto an EPROM in the ECU - I'm equally sure that the tuning guys do it as part of an ECU tune amongst other things.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
05 C230K SS (sold), 06 C55 (sold), 08 Yamaha R1 (sold), 16 X5M
umm a guy on here...not sure his name anymore but he's out of wisconsin i think...
Old 06-22-2009, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C-c 320 Sports
Sprint Booster Works!

I have had the sprint booster on C320 03 for over 1 year.
got it on EBAY forabout $285 and worth every penny.
No Joke, takes only 5 minutes and do not see the small black box that goe inside under the gas pedal.
simply take out 1 bolt and the gas pedal comes out and you see wire connector, Hook inline and re-install.
reset your ESC using the reset method explained on site.
and see what happens! You only push your foot 1/4" to go instead of 2-3 inches and the response is FAST. No More Sluggish in passing or taking off from green light.
Also IT IS SAFE in parking lots somehow. is what I was worried about. But you relearn how to drive. only th pressure of your foot is all you need for normal driving, and very little pressure on the peddle.
It is More Aggressive, so if your an old man, wanting that take off slow and gradual this is not for you. keep what you got, however IF YOU WANT NEW LIFE like a new car,
the sprint booster has worked Great over 1 year with no issues.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires

buyline - with recognition to splinter
Attached Thumbnails Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed-not_this_again.jpg  
Old 06-22-2009, 02:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck

buyline - with recognition to splinter
agree
if u want a resume of that stuff, search for a thread posted by me :
sprint booster, a scientific review and read the pdf in it.... use your MIND
Old 06-22-2009, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by HellsAngel
agree
if u want a resume of that stuff, search for a thread posted by me :
sprint booster, a scientific review and read the pdf in it.... use your MIND
Unbelievable that people are still fooled by this thing. He even understands that it's changing the gas pedal distance, but he still thinks it's making his car more responsive. THAT IS ALL IT DOES! Your car is NOT more responsive. It's been proven, it's a fact, and the reasoning is obvious.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:15 PM

2005 W203 SS
Originally Posted by acr2001
Unbelievable that people are still fooled by this thing. He even understands that it's changing the gas pedal distance, but he still thinks it's making his car more responsive. THAT IS ALL IT DOES! Your car is NOT more responsive. It's been proven, it's a fact, and the reasoning is obvious.
i still want one

but i wont get it
Old 06-23-2009, 02:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

03 c320 coupe
Originally Posted by benzito911
but i wont get it
Please dont
Old 01-24-2010, 09:19 PM

07 C230 Sedan / 01 Mazda 626
So this is a waste of 300$?

Some dude on this site is selling one for like 200$
Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mynameiseldin
So this is a waste of 300$?

Some dude on this site is selling one for like 200$
No, it's not a waste. You should buy one. All of the comments we posted, and the scientific white paper proving that it's useless is all just a joke. Please buy one.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
No, it's not a waste. You should buy one. All of the comments we posted, and the scientific white paper proving that it's useless is all just a joke. Please buy one.

You're forgetting. It's compensating. Since your wallet is much lighter, your leg won't be as heavy - so the sprintbooster allows you not to have to press down on the gas so hard.

Jeez.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:14 PM

07 C230 Sedan / 01 Mazda 626
Right now, I'm really confused.

Does it help your HP at all?

Or is it just like resetting your throttle?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by mynameiseldin
Right now, I'm really confused.

Does it help your HP at all?

Or is it just like resetting your throttle?
Please read the white paper!

It does not increase HP in any way at all - even the company that makes it admits that in their documentation.

It's also important to note that it DOES NOT reduce the throttle lag either (or I would have bought one by now). It simply amplifies the signal coming from your gas pedal. You push the pedal down 1/4 of the way and the sprint booster alters the signal, telling your ECU that you have actually pushed the pedal down 1/2 of the way (those numbers are just for arguments sake). I hope that helps explain it. That is *ALL* that the sprint booster does. Once you're pushing the pedal 3/4 of the way down it's telling the engine "FULL THROTTLE! THE PEDAL IS DOWN ALL THE WAY!" but it is not. When you actually push the pedal further down past 3/4 it does *NOTHING* because you are already at full throttle, so the last 3/4 of your pedal is now useless, you might as well put a brick under it.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Only people who do not have a Sprintbooster are the ones who are making a case against it. Those with will will attest to the positive changes it has made to the way the vehicle feels and the throttle response changes. However it is achieve, however deep into the technical and engineering tidbits one wants to get, the end result is the same: The car is tons more fun to drive and no amounts of "pressing the pedal farther" will make up for what the Sprintbooster does.

White paper or not, the seat of your pants and your own experience with it is what will truly speak for themselves.

I just hate to see such a great product (which won an award for "Best New Product" at SEMA 2009 http://www.modified.com/news/modp-09...ema/index.html) get thrown under the bus.

I also want to remind those of you who have read what I had written when I became a sponsor here, and to those of you who have no idea who I am yet, that I will only stand behind a product that I can truly endorse because I either own it or have owned it and have had nothing but a positive experience with.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Godfather@ONE Autosport
no amounts of "pressing the pedal farther" will make up for what the Sprintbooster does.
Actually it will EXACTLY make up for what the Sprintbooster does. Truth in advertising is appropriate. Always.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Only people who do not have a Sprintbooster are the ones who are making a case against it. Those with will will attest to the positive changes it has made to the way the vehicle feels and the throttle response changes. However it is achieve, however deep into the technical and engineering tidbits one wants to get, the end result is the same: The car is tons more fun to drive and no amounts of "pressing the pedal farther" will make up for what the Sprintbooster does.

White paper or not, the seat of your pants and your own experience with it is what will truly speak for themselves.

I just hate to see such a great product (which won an award for "Best New Product" at SEMA 2009 http://www.modified.com/news/modp-09...ema/index.html) get thrown under the bus.

I also want to remind those of you who have read what I had written when I became a sponsor here, and to those of you who have no idea who I am yet, that I will only stand behind a product that I can truly endorse because I either own it or have owned it and have had nothing but a positive experience with.
Can you at least admit that what we are saying is true? It DOES only amplify the pedal movement and it DOES make the last 3/4 of your pedal travel "DEAD".
Maybe even with that being true, you feel that it is a great product and it makes your ride more enjoyable. I just wish people would be honest about what this thing does and does not do. I respect your own personal opinion, but false statements about a product really irk me.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Actually it will EXACTLY make up for what the Sprintbooster does. Truth in advertising is appropriate. Always.
This is absolutely true!!
Old 01-25-2010, 12:30 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Ok so pushing the gas pedal down more will do the same. Ok let's go with that. Can you push the gas pedal faster than what the sprintbooster will do? No you can't. Don't say you can. Anyone who has experienced the springbooster will tell you the same. If I could do what the SB does by just pressing the pedal harder, then they wouldn't be in business.

On the same token, with a manual transmission, you will be able to rev match easier than you could without it. A similar feat can be achieved by ECU tuning. My Audi S4 6spd had a Revo tune, and with it off, my throttle was just like an Automatic Mercedes. With the Revo tune on, it behaved as with the SB I now have. While I could still rev match without Revo tune on, it made it much easier with on.

So like I said, don't be looking at numbers, scientifical points of view, and simply take it for what it is: a great product.

Let me ask you acr2001 and LILBENZ230, have you owned a Sprintbooster before? If not, I suggest you stop the propaganda immediately. And in the event that you DID own one, did you own it for more than say a week's worth of driving? Because if not, I don't buy your argument that you think merely pressing the pedal down farther renders the same end result.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Marsaydees
Ok so pushing the gas pedal down more will do the same. Ok let's go with that. Can you push the gas pedal faster than what the sprintbooster will do? No you can't. Don't say you can. Anyone who has experienced the springbooster will tell you the same. If I could do what the SB does by just pressing the pedal harder, then they wouldn't be in business.

On the same token, with a manual transmission, you will be able to rev match easier than you could without it. A similar feat can be achieved by ECU tuning. My Audi S4 6spd had a Revo tune, and with it off, my throttle was just like an Automatic Mercedes. With the Revo tune on, it behaved as with the SB I now have. While I could still rev match without Revo tune on, it made it much easier with on.

So like I said, don't be looking at numbers, scientifical points of view, and simply take it for what it is: a great product.

Let me ask you acr2001 and LILBENZ230, have you owned a Sprintbooster before? If not, I suggest you stop the propaganda immediately. And in the event that you DID own one, did you own it for more than say a week's worth of driving? Because if not, I don't buy your argument that you think merely pressing the pedal down farther renders the same end result.
ONE Autosport is an authorized dealer for Sprintbooster

nice plug

oh and that $300 can be put towards an ecu tune that will not only do the same thing, but will also net you a few ponies as well.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic

Did you read the white paper? It has *SCIENTIFIC FACTS* presented. GRAPHS. - and all of them make perfect sense if you have any sort of electrical engineering background. It's not possible for the sprint booster to increase the pedal / throttle response, just based on WHERE it is installed in the electrical circuit. You are suggesting it can do what is physically impossible based on its design. Do you understand how the electronic throttle system in a Benz works? If you look into that in detail you will understand why it's impossible for the sprint booster to meet these claims.
Yes YOU CAN push the pedal down just as fast. That was *PROVEN* in the white paper which included *SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE*. Please end this illogical argument. Those who argue for the sprint booster are proven wrong every time you look at it from any engineering perspective.

How can you possibly stand behind a product with a statement like this:
"don't be looking at numbers, scientifical points of view" ?!

This is like trying to sell me a new engine but telling me I wont have to worry about any of the specs because it will just feel like it's a fast engine - the HP numbers lie

Last edited by acr2001; 01-25-2010 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
oh and that $300 can be put towards an ecu tune that will not only do the same thing, but will also net you a few ponies as well.
Exactly!
And I believe a good ECU tune can also actually reduce the throttle lag (the throttle lag is generated in the ECU - NOT in the signal generated at the gas pedal - which is all the sprint booster can alter) - a legitimate gain rather than losing the last 3/4 of your pedal travel!

Last edited by acr2001; 01-25-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:05 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Dingleberry
ONE Autosport is an authorized dealer for Sprintbooster

nice plug

Selective quoting I see. How about you quote the prior post I made in which I did not conceal the fact that I sell the product and support it because I believe in it?

See?

Anyway, it's your money, you spend it as you see fit. To me and countless others, the Sprintbooster was a mod that was undeniably worthwhile.

Did you read the white paper? It has *SCIENTIFIC FACTS* presented. GRAPHS. - and all of them make perfect sense if you have any sort of electrical engineering background. It's not possible for the sprint booster to increase the pedal / throttle response, just based on WHERE it is installed in the electrical circuit. You are suggesting it can do what is physically impossible based on its design. Do you understand how the electronic throttle system in a Benz works? If you look into that in detail you will understand why it's impossible for the sprint booster to meet these claims.
Yes YOU CAN push the pedal down just as fast. That was *PROVEN* in the white paper which included *SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE*. Please end this illogical argument. Those who argue for the sprint booster are proven wrong every time you look at it from any engineering perspective.

How can you possibly stand behind a product with a statement like this:
"don't be looking at numbers, scientifical points of view" ?!

This is like trying to sell me a new engine but telling me I wont have to worry about any of the specs because it will just feel like it's a fast engine - the HP numbers lie
Exactly!
And I believe a good ECU tune can also actually reduce the throttle lag (the throttle lag is generated in the ECU - NOT in the signal generated at the gas pedal - which is all the sprint booster can alter) - a legitimate gain rather than losing the last 3/4 of your pedal travel!
Alright, since you've never owned a Sprintbooster and are judging it based on numbers on paper and not actual experience, your opinion, while I respect it, holds as much weight as a "paper racer" who says "500hp car will beat a 350hp car on the 1/4 mile." You follow my logic? While on paper it may make sense that the product is whatever, the FACT is, people who own it are SATISFIED with it because it DOES positively change their driving experience.

So at this point, let's drop that tireless argument.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Let me ask you acr2001 and LILBENZ230, have you owned a Sprintbooster before? If not, I suggest you stop the propaganda immediately.
Excuse me?

That we called you out on promoting what is essentially a signal amplifier that will relieve someone of $300 for absolutely no performance gains is not spreading propaganda. The reverse is true. If anything, the promotion of this product and it's "benefits" is propaganda.

I'll continue to do my best to talk people out of buying a product that is virtually useless. $300 is better spent on something that actually does something useful.

Edit:

Nice try on the "paper racer" argument. The horsepower figures of 500hp and 350hp that you used in said hypothetical race would be engine ratings done through testing and considered fact. Sprintbooster testing (and fact) says it is worthless. End of argument.

Last edited by LILBENZ230; 01-25-2010 at 01:11 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
Nice try on the "paper racer" argument. The horsepower figures of 500hp and 350hp that you used in said hypothetical race would be engine ratings done through testing and considered fact. Sprintbooster testing (and fact) says it is worthless. End of argument.
Nothing like a little logic. Thank you.

This is a direct quote from the sprintbooster official website: (http://www.sprintboostersales.com/whyitworks.cfm)

Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.

Sprint Booster simply modifies the throttle signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. Big deal right? Keep in mind, this is the same concept as the 'throttle pulley' modification on cable based throttle systems - which was very popular in it's time. It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster.
This is exactly our argument. Right from the makers of the sprintbooster. It changes the signal and tells the ECU that the throttle is depressed further than it actually is. That is IT. You (and many others) may "feel" (just as they say on the site!) that the car is more fun to drive! That is your opinion and nothing for me to argue against. Just don't lie to yourself or others about what the product accomplishes.

Last edited by acr2001; 01-25-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I respect your own personal opinion, but false statements about a product really irk me.
I like you.. LOL we think alike. Nothing irritates me more than someone who parades opinion as fact. Or make brazen statements that they can't possibly back-up with anything. To make this relevant to this particular discussion, my car could use a $300 detail job right now much more than it would need something to amplify the signal of the throttle. Whether I press it 1/2 way down or all the way, the end result is the same - it's fairly slow. Amplifying the signal of my C230's throttle would be akin to winning a 10x multiplier on a slot machine where your prize amount was 0. What's 10 times 0? Oh damn.. I would need at least 20 times 0! /sarcasm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Sprint Booster - Car behaving like a monster and hungry for speed