C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Great--- I got rear ended!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 06:15 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
Great--- I got rear ended!

I have 2 nice screw divits from the licence plate of a crappy mustang!!! Anyone know @ how much it would take to fix? ( barring that nothing underneath is screwed up ) Thanks.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 713 Likes on 694 Posts
bone stock E55 AMG
make sure to check inside as it may did more damage than it appears on the outside...
Old 09-26-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i would say you just need a new bumper cover, i think they are about 600 dollars... and figure 250 for paint.

i got rear-ended in my coupe last week... close to 8k worth of damage... BUT i had stuff underneath damaged...
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
I got rear ended last month...and the female dog tried to get away to boot! She was only driving a Z3 (not an M) so I was able to catch her...well...catch up to her, get her tag number while talking to the police on the cel.

She tried a hit-and-run with the wrong man cause she didn't know who I am...

I'm the Juggernaut b!tch!!!

Last edited by anonymouse; 09-26-2006 at 11:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2006 E55 and 2002 E320
Originally Posted by anonymouse
I got rear ended last month...and the female dog tried to get away to boot! She was only driving a Z3 (not an M) so I was able to catch her...well...catch up to her, get her tag number while talking to the police on the cel.

I'm the Juggernaut b!tch!!!

What a terrible person. First, she hit you, then she tried to run? She ought to be put in jail for a long time. Imagine if she had accidentally run over someone. If she would try to flee the scene after rear ending you, she'd probably run over the person again to make sure s/he was dead and then try to run away. Or she'd just flee the scene and let the poor person pass on in the middle of the road.

She ought to be put away and the keys thrown out. What an absolutely terrible person. Did you hear from the police any word about her? Stolen vehicle perhaps or maybe she was late on payments? Uninsured? Drugs in the vehicle?

Regardless, she's an absolutely terrible person. A menace to society. If I were the "Keeper Of The Peace" or the Sheriff, I'd put her away in jail for as long as I could. If I did something like that, I wouldn't even go to confession, I'd know I'd belong in Hell.

Last edited by patrick_y; 09-27-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:15 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Originally Posted by anonymouse
Thats what i like to hear

polarbexar, sucks to hear though.. just hope that nothing is damaged underneath....

-j0hn
Old 09-27-2006, 04:10 AM

cclass05
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Thats what i like to hear

polarbexar, sucks to hear though.. just hope that nothing is damaged underneath....

-j0hn
what do u mean hope there is nothing underneath even if there is its not that bad my car got mest up and they fixed it and now i drive it i did 7000 miles since i got hit with 35mph. from the hit the rear went down and shifted to the left or right i think.

Last edited by slammedcclass; 09-27-2006 at 04:14 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:56 AM

Dia Blk '06 C230 w/3 pedals
Originally Posted by patrick_y
What a terrible person. First, she hit you, then she tried to run? She ought to be put in jail for a long time. Imagine if she had accidentally run over someone. If she would try to flee the scene after rear ending you, she'd probably run over the person again to make sure s/he was dead and then try to run away. Or she'd just flee the scene and let the poor person pass on in the middle of the road.

She ought to be put away and the keys thrown out. What an absolutely terrible person. Did you hear from the police any word about her? Stolen vehicle perhaps or maybe she was late on payments? Uninsured? Drugs in the vehicle?

Regardless, she's an absolutely terrible person. A menace to society. If I were the "Keeper Of The Peace" or the Sheriff, I'd put her away in jail for as long as I could. If I did something like that, I wouldn't even go to confession, I'd know I'd belong in Hell.
She basically got away with a slap on her hand because:

1. I was low on gas and was in no position to maintain a sustained chase
2. She wasn't caught in the vbehicle
3. She didn't own the vehicle. The owner was oblivious to the entire incident.

but most importantly

4. I am a black man. She was a white woman. And even though I was on the telephone with the police, I was crossing multiple jurisdictions and the initial reaction of the responding officers might have led to me overdose on copper & lead.

Last edited by anonymouse; 09-27-2006 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:23 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 CLA Motorsport Edition, 2015 G550, 2012 GLK350
wow anonymouse! That really sux. There was too much traffic for her to flee. So I guess I got lucky.

Yeah I think the absorber under the cover will need replacing, since the cover moves freely in the middle. I guess we will see. She was trying to give the police officer and myself a big BOO-HOO story how she has never recieved a ticket before. Guess there a first time for everything.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Originally Posted by polarbexar
I have 2 nice screw divits from the licence plate of a crappy mustang!!! Anyone know @ how much it would take to fix? ( barring that nothing underneath is screwed up ) Thanks.
There is a chain of shops that specializes in fixing bumper covers.....I was quoted $350 and one day service. The usual going price is around $500. I had someone in an SL450 bump the back of an old Honda years ago...same results, two license plate screw divots. I collected the $500 and fixed it myself....not as well as a shop would have, but definitely good enough for a Honda
Old 09-27-2006, 02:29 PM

'02 c230k coupe
I got hit-and-run last year. chased the other car while talking on 911. Got her plate number. Got a police report. Police said it was a wrong car. The case got dismissed. I paid the deductable and insurance for the rest. damage around 6k.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:08 PM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
I was rear ended last week as well. I have the visibile screw holes and some other scratches. The estimate to replace the bumper cover was about $780 total (inc'l paint, labor, etc).
Old 09-28-2006, 02:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The trouble with these type of minor damages to the bumper is they are close to many people's insurance deductible so you have to pay in full most of the time. Check out my website's how to section on how to paint the bumper. Also you can check out places that do airbrush touchup. As for it being crappy Mustang, I've seen those before but I've seen crappy MBs too. My kid's Mustang looks better than many MBs I've seen and it's 9 years old. In some cases, her Mustang is in better shape than my other daughter's SLK. I know it wasn't her car because she doesn't have front licenses plates and her car ain't crappy.