C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Where can I find OEM parts...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Corvette Z06
Where can I find OEM parts...

... cheaper than the local dealer?

I need a few interior accessories, but the dealer is quoting me unreasonable pricing or they are just unable to get the parts I need. A have a 2003 C230K. White with tan interior.

1) Center console cigarette lighter, receptacle for lighter, and removable ashtray (the tray itself; the removable portion)
2) The leather boot around the 5 speed automatic stick (dealer wants to sell me the whole shifter assembly)
3) The rear deck lid cover (for the hatch cargo)

I am also receptive to ideas on the best method to remove smoke smell from the interior... cloth headliner and leather seats. I will probably be steam cleaning the headliner (as long as that doesn't damage the glue) and carpet, and using a good leather cleaner and protector (i.e. NOT Armour All).

Thanks.

Oh, and before anyone jumps on me, I did a LOT of reading and searching on the forum for related information. Although I found a lot of good posts, none of them related to my needs.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
ebay
Old 10-04-2006, 06:19 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by Tony Berry
... cheaper than the local dealer?

I need a few interior accessories, but the dealer is quoting me unreasonable pricing or they are just unable to get the parts I need. A have a 2003 C230K. White with tan interior.

1) Center console cigarette lighter, receptacle for lighter, and removable ashtray (the tray itself; the removable portion)
2) The leather boot around the 5 speed automatic stick (dealer wants to sell me the whole shifter assembly)
3) The rear deck lid cover (for the hatch cargo)

I am also receptive to ideas on the best method to remove smoke smell from the interior... cloth headliner and leather seats. I will probably be steam cleaning the headliner (as long as that doesn't damage the glue) and carpet, and using a good leather cleaner and protector (i.e. NOT Armour All).

Thanks.

Oh, and before anyone jumps on me, I did a LOT of reading and searching on the forum for related information. Although I found a lot of good posts, none of them related to my needs.
What year is your car and what color interior? I have a used black automatic shifter (all leather, no emblem) that used to be in my 2004.5 before I replaced it with the updated ash shifter. $15+shipping to you and it's yours (if you want it). You can just take off the boot, if that's all you need.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get Daimler-Chrysler parts from Duval Motor's online ordering site. They are an regular MB, Jeep, Chrysler and Dodge dealer so the parts are genuine parts but at half the price that most dealers charge.

As for the smoke help, steam cleaning the headliner would definately get the smell out it because when it crumbles down you can put a new smell free one in there . Your best bet is contact the dealer's used car dept and ask them who they use for that. Basically they stick an ionizer in your car for a day or so and that will get rid of the smell. It's not just a house ionizer, it's lethal doze that's used to remove smells. There are some on ebay but a good one will cost you more than getting it done once and that's all you may need.

What I would do first is scrub the interior. Get a good interior brush and go over the leather seats with leather cleaner (I use Meg's Gold Glass spray), go over the carpet with carpet cleaner and the vinyl with vinyl cleaner and terry rags, lots of them (Meg's #40 works well on vinyl). Spray it down well with a deoderizor (I use Meg's Oder remover, yellow bottle or Fabreeze). Then get it ionized.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Honda Grom
Do you mean Duval Motorcars in Gainesville FL????????
Old 10-05-2006, 11:10 AM

2009 Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by drexappeal
What year is your car and what color interior?
2003 with tan interior.

I have a used black automatic shifter (all leather, no emblem) that used to be in my 2004.5 before I replaced it with the updated ash shifter. $15+shipping to you and it's yours (if you want it). You can just take off the boot, if that's all you need.
That seems like a more than fair offer. Let me sit in my car and mentally picture a black boot to see if it would contrast too much. I'll let you know.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator Alumni

Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
2003 with tan interior.

That seems like a more than fair offer. Let me sit in my car and mentally picture a black boot to see if it would contrast too much. I'll let you know.
Ooh, if you have tan interior, I don't know how good it will look, but offer will stand if you decide you want it. I used to have pics of it, but can't find them.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 PM

2009 Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
I get Daimler-Chrysler parts from Duval Motor's online ordering site.
I couldn't locate a URL using Google. Can you supply a link? I found a Duval Ford on Cassat Avenue in Jacksonville, FL, but I don't think that is the right place.

As for the smoke help, steam cleaning the headliner would definately get the smell out it because when it crumbles down you can put a new smell free one in there
Heh, heh... that's what I figured.

Your best bet is contact the dealer's used car dept and ask them who they use for that. Basically they stick an ionizer in your car for a day or so and that will get rid of the smell. It's not just a house ionizer, it's lethal doze that's used to remove smells. There are some on ebay but a good one will cost you more than getting it done once and that's all you may need.
Once should be more than enough as long as it dissolves it. I don't allow smoking in my car and rarely even let smokers (that smell like smokers) in my car.

What I would do first is scrub the interior.
Yeah, I'm going to clean every interior surface thoroughly and steam clean the carpets. I'm going to remove the seats and do under them as well. I am changing out the floormats completely. Already have the new ones from the dealer. Does the C230K have a interior air filter like the Toyota Prius that I might need to change? The Prius has an ionizing air filter for cabin air.

Thanks all!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:34 AM

2009 Corvette Z06
I haven't received much info on this topic. I've been doing a lot of research and reading, but still am not getting anywhere. As popular as M-B cars are, I would think there would be a bigger market for accessories... especially the little C-Class cars. I keep seeing references to mods people have made, but never with applicable links. There is a thread for removing the shift boot on the automatic and it has pictures of an aftermarket shift knob, but no info on where it came from or how to get one. Is there another car that is related to the C230K that I can simple part swaps for? I've clicked on several of the banners on this site hoping to find related accessories, but nothing yet. I signed up on 2 other MB forums and have read posts to no avail.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:57 AM

C230K
Cleaning to get rid of the source of the smell is the best first step. If there is still a problem after cleaning, you might think about Fabreeze on the headliner.

Doug
Old 10-06-2006, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

I haven't received much info on this topic. I've been doing a lot of research and reading, but still am not getting anywhere. As popular as M-B cars are, I would think there would be a bigger market for accessories... especially the little C-Class cars. I keep seeing references to mods people have made, but never with applicable links. There is a thread for removing the shift boot on the automatic and it has pictures of an aftermarket shift knob, but no info on where it came from or how to get one. Is there another car that is related to the C230K that I can simple part swaps for? I've clicked on several of the banners on this site hoping to find related accessories, but nothing yet. I signed up on 2 other MB forums and have read posts to no avail.
Do what I do when I am searching for mb parts...Go to Google. Type in Mercedes parts and click on every link that comes up with retail info.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
There are several chemical products sold at auto parts stores that get rid of the smoke smell. My daughter bought a car from a heavy smoker and after thoroughly cleaning the interior I sprayed a product (?) on everything in the interior, let it dry, then repeated it again until the smell was gone. Be careful with the headliner....it's thin fabric over foam (at least it is in my model).
Old 10-06-2006, 06:04 PM

2009 Corvette Z06
Making some progress... expanding my search criteria.

http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com
WEBSITE DELETED - NON-SPONSOR

It would appear these two are the same place:
WEBSITE DELETED - NON-SPONSORS

WEBSITE DELETED - NON-SPONSORS - DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS! PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Of course I've been scouring eBay. A simple search for "C230" gave me 598 items and I went through every one of them. I wish I had a way to cross reference the automatic shift boot to other MB models. Surely the C230K shift boot is not exclusive to that one model.

Still, with all these links, I'm not finding much. My thinking is that most MB parts places are catering to the folks with older cars and can't get parts from the dealer. Since the C230 is a fairly new model, most vendors aren't going to bother supporting it until the dealers stop supporting it.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:28 PM

2009 Corvette Z06
Does the C230K have a interior air filter like the Toyota Prius that I might need to change?
I hate to reply to myself, but I am seeing a fair amount of references to "C230 Cabin Air Filter" elements. They don't seem to be for the 2003 models though. Did the older C230's have a cabin air filter and the new ones don't?
Old 10-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Making some progress... expanding my search criteria.

http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com
WEBSITE DELETED - NON-SPONSOR

It would appear these two are the same place:
WEBSITE DELETED - NON-SPONSORS

WEBSITE DELETED - NON-SPONSORS - DO NOT BUY FROM THESE SCAM ARTISTS! PM ME FOR DETAILS!

Of course I've been scouring eBay. A simple search for "C230" gave me 598 items and I went through every one of them. I wish I had a way to cross reference the automatic shift boot to other MB models. Surely the C230K shift boot is not exclusive to that one model.

Still, with all these links, I'm not finding much. My thinking is that most MB parts places are catering to the folks with older cars and can't get parts from the dealer. Since the C230 is a fairly new model, most vendors aren't going to bother supporting it until the dealers stop supporting it.
Please do not indicate websites that would be considered advertising for non-sponsors. Thanks.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:34 PM

2009 Corvette Z06
Please do not indicate websites that would be considered advertising for non-sponsors. Thanks.
Sorry about that... ironically, I found most of those links on comprehensive searchs of MBWorld. You might want to do a couple searches and remove those references as well. Start here.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Duval Motors is in Gainsville, FL don't buy it from their counter, you'll pay the same insane over list prices everyone else pays. Go to their website -

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=213951
Old 10-08-2006, 12:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Honda Grom
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
Duval Motors is in Gainsville, FL don't buy it from their counter, you'll pay the same insane over list prices everyone else pays. Go to their website -

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...?siteid=213951
I know. That's where I live. They used to be KRAFT motorcars but I assume the same staff works there......... no thank you. Figures that the new ownership (if it's really a new ownership) is trying to lure in internet sales..... might be desperate. Almost 3/4 of the people I know, including myself, bought our MB's from ORLANDO and service them there. I don't think I need to explain the bad service people like myself received, if we obviously choose to drive over 2 hours for service.
Old 10-30-2006, 12:33 PM

2009 Corvette Z06
Ooh, if you have tan interior, I don't know how good it will look, but offer will stand if you decide you want it. I used to have pics of it, but can't find them.
Drex, got the package this morning. It actually came Friday, but I wasn't there to receive it. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to dig it out and sending it to me.

Here's the picture of it installed... I think it looks quite acceptable:

Here it is compared to the original boot/knob:

I think it will certainly do for now. It doesn't look that bad at all. I think because there is so much black in the center console, it fits okay.

NOTE: I am still interested in obtaining a boot like my original! If anyone has one, please let me know. Thanks.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Don't know if they are a good dealer for service or sales, but their online parts fulfilment works well for me, takes a few days for them to process the order probably because they have to get it from MB first. I've bought several Jeep parts from them without a problem (they are also a Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler dealer). MB parts is very new for them so I would imagine that Duval is a totally new owner since I've used them way before they carried MB parts.

Originally Posted by electromethod
I know. That's where I live. They used to be KRAFT motorcars but I assume the same staff works there......... no thank you. Figures that the new ownership (if it's really a new ownership) is trying to lure in internet sales..... might be desperate. Almost 3/4 of the people I know, including myself, bought our MB's from ORLANDO and service them there. I don't think I need to explain the bad service people like myself received, if we obviously choose to drive over 2 hours for service.
Old 10-30-2006, 01:49 PM

2003 c240
go to www.oempartsdirect.com you will find everything you need there
Old 10-30-2006, 02:18 PM

2009 Corvette Z06
Originally Posted by dnasty8305
go to www.oempartsdirect.com you will find everything you need there
Thanks, I checked it out. They use the exact same "online microfiche" that many other sites (including Duval's) uses. I assume M-B must supply them with that application. By the way, their prices were higher than Duval's. Plus, neither one of them have the shifter boot or the cargo cover (at least that I could find).

On a related note, I checked the price of brake pads (front and rear) between Duval's website and my local dealer. My dealer asked for my VIN to get prices, but Duval doesn't get any more specific than 2003 C230. No Kompressor, no coupe/sedan. I don't know if the pads are the same for ALL C230 combinations.

Local Dealer: $87.60 for front pads, $62.40 for rear pads (plus tax).

Duval's: $54.75 for front pads, $39.00 for rear pads (plus shipping).

Here's the strange part... Duval's also lists the MSRP for their parts. They list the front pads at $73.00 MSRP and the rear pads at $52.00 for the rear pads. If that is accurate, then my dealer is charging MORE than MSRP? That doesn't even sound legal... yeah, I know, manufacturers SUGGESTED retail price, but come on.