C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C23 Kleeman in the dust!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C23 Kleeman in the dust!

Early in the morning in my "old" 96 Mustang and this guy in his C230 "c23" Kleeman Mercedes passing me on a toll road coming out of the booth in Tampa. So the race is on! I followed the guy for next few miles watching as he cut in and out of traffic waiting for my moment. As we are coming to a straight away there is plenty of traffic so he exits, but then re-enters on the on ramp bypassing all the traffic and at a high rate of speed , I might add. Smooth move, but I quickly caught up to him on a s-turn and passed him on the next straight away. I figured this would be sufficient to bait him. It was, he was riding my ***, like flies on Sh%t. so we exited the off ramp to spruce st. in front of tampa airport. The light was red and he pulled up next to me.
It turned green and I heard plenty of tire squealing, but it wasn't mine. By the time I was shifting out of second I had a car length on him and signalled left and cut across to exit for work. Cute Car, but all the fancy badges in the world, doesnt make it fast. Being a corporate pilot I have thought about buying a C230 Sport. I like the look of the mercedes, but for 35g's? While my old mint condition mustang worth 5k, can wipe up on them why bother?
96 Mustang GT
Over 100k miles original engine
Cold Air induction
Off Road X-pipe
Sniper Performance Tuning Module
Chrome-Moly Lightweight Flywheel
King Cobra Clutch
Aluminum Driveshaft
Ford Racing 3.55 gears
Professional Driver
Old 06-07-2007, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
are you thinking about the 07 c230 or the 08?
Old 06-07-2007, 02:08 PM

2000 BMW X5
we only get c300 and c350 here in the states... pick your v6

and who cares... cars are for attracting the opposite sex anyway. Thats why I am giving up my turbo Scion tC to jump ship to a benz...

So ask yourself this, which gets more girls, a 96 stang or a 08 benz? u can speed right buy me, while I slow down to pick up your girlfriend!

p.s. try to make a turn with that rear axle of yours...
Old 06-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'02 MB Citaro Bus
Originally Posted by ScottyGams
So ask yourself this, which gets more girls, a 96 stang or a 08 benz?
96 mustang + $50K cash
Old 06-07-2007, 05:59 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
see signature
Cool Huh? Kleeman C23...wtf?

Anyone who has "c23" on their car...well thats an indication of some confusion.

Sure it wasnt a C32...?

Wreck those two cars and see who is up and walking around afterwards...

This story would be really great on a 'Stang kill forum...

Maybe an over-sized spoiler is in your future -to let rest of us know just how fast you are.

I dont care how fast your 'stang is its still a Ford...that you couldn't pay me to drive.

Last edited by chicago_fog; 06-07-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
some people dont just buy a car just for horsepower
Old 06-07-2007, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Silver 2002 C32, Silver 2006 CLK 350
why not try to race a C32 or C55 you will get some AMG nightmare
Old 06-07-2007, 07:16 PM

'06 SS
The five letters following the "C"...

C

L

A

S

S

I've had a Ford, and wouldn't make that mistake a second time.

And what's this "Professional Driver" line. You were highway racing... It doesn't take a ton of talent to hold your foot on the floor and rely on (Assuming it was a C230) 3.8L more displacement to do the work for you. Put the two cars on an auto-cross or tight road course, and watch him walk away from you. (While his car seats 4 comfortably, and gets 30MPG)
Old 06-07-2007, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by chicago_fog
Anyone who has "c23" on their car...well thats an indication of some confusion.

Sure it wasnt a C32...?

Wreck those two cars and see who is up and walking around afterwards...

This story would be really great on a 'Stang kill forum...

Maybe an over-sized spoiler is in your future -to let rest of us know just how fast you are.

I dont care how fast your 'stang is its still a Ford...that you couldn't pay me to drive.

This is so good, I knew I would get some of you meatheads to bite. I actually agree with some of the posts though. I am not sure what this guy was trying to state with having a C23 emblem and Kleeman on it. He also had a personalized plate that read 1BADC23. I thought this might be some alternative friend of yours.
I am not into oversized spoilers or graphics or changing emblems to try and make people think the car is fast, I just like the look on the faces of some of my co-workers with there 50k Euro car that gets eaten by that car that's "still a Ford". To the other post, if you really need a mercedes to pick up a chick, I would suggest ***** enlargement for you. It's probably a shock the I have the best of both world's: All-American Muscle no additive needed.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:19 PM

'06 SS
Originally Posted by gr8pilot
I just like the look on the faces of some of my co-workers with there 50k Euro car that gets eaten by that car that's "still a Ford".
See my comment about needing a bigger engine to compensate for a smaller...

Do you pull your pants up a little bit every time you say 4.6 Liter?
Old 06-07-2007, 07:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
p.s. try to make a turn with that rear axle of yours...
i'll give you the 'kill' on a alleged 'c23'. no prob. but i bet you any one of our cars [c230], running stock engine and only on tiens [if even that], will lose you in a heartbeat in the twisties. some cars are designed to go fast... in a straight line. theres no knocking that.

my buddy wants me to race him in his 67 camaro. off the line, he'd eat me alive. but why is it he wont run with me from a rollings tart of say 60/65? even with my no to low end tq, my powerband from mid-high would kill him.

does your stang sound more like 'whaaaaaaa' or is it more like 'whooooooooh', lol. jk. hope you take no offense to any of this. plain and simple; 'to each their own'
Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
This is so good, I knew I would get some of you meatheads to bite. I actually agree with some of the posts though. I am not sure what this guy was trying to state with having a C23 emblem and Kleeman on it. He also had a personalized plate that read 1BADC23. I thought this might be some alternative friend of yours.
I am not into oversized spoilers or graphics or changing emblems to try and make people think the car is fast, I just like the look on the faces of some of my co-workers with there 50k Euro car that gets eaten by that car that's "still a Ford". To the other post, if you really need a mercedes to pick up a chick, I would suggest ***** enlargement for you. It's probably a shock the I have the best of both world's: All-American Muscle no additive needed.
so you're saying you came over here to incite and start **** right?

perhaps you need a

you can make ANY car to go fast, even a POS civic. there's no point in talking about your mighty Ford that I see most gardeners over here driving.

does anyone actually think the Mustang is a sports car? the Mustang V6's are pathetic, absolutely pathetic that a 4-cylinder sedan would beat the **** out of it. the only respectable Mustangs are the Cobra's and I don't think you have one of those.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Banned

I just like the look on the faces of some of my co-workers with there 50k Euro car that gets eaten by that car that's "still a Ford". To the other post, if you really need a mercedes to pick up a chick, I would suggest ***** enlargement for you. It's probably a shock the I have the best of both world's: All-American Muscle no additive needed.
To your post: if you need to have a faster car to prove you're better you're always gonna feel small since there's always a faster car out there.

I'll tell you what I tell all the honda kids with turbos runnin the the 12s and 13s that take my doors:
Good thing your car goes fast, I'd want to run away and hide as fast as I could too if I was driving that POS.
touche
Old 06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

"Double Stuff" SOLD | Nor*Cals "Pesky Audi"
i think its kinda funny that you said "I knew I would get some of you meatheads to bite". what was the point in posting it without knwoing what your walking into. why not go post it in the c32/c55 forum. i gaurantee you'll have some ppl "biting" at a chance to hand your @ss to you in doggy bag.

but hey, who am i to say anything. i "just drive a mercedes". what do i know?!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:53 PM

'06 SS
And another thing...

(Sorry, but this one matters a bit.)

A '96 Mustang is not a $5,000 car. It cost $30,000 if you had any kind of options added to it BRAND NEW. Given the cost of your modifications, the thing easily would be another five grand. So the cost of the NEW Mercedes C230 ($35,000) is nothing to scoff at. Someone eleven years ago paid damn near the same amount of money for your car to buy it brand new.

Then there is the depreciation. Your moded Mustang has a residual of $5,000 where a 1996 Mercedes C Class is still going for about $8,000 with NO MODIFICATIONS whatsoever. So you're getting 62% of what the Mercedes owner is after owning the car for over a decade. And while the Benz will run for another hundred thousand miles without anything more than regularly scheduled services, you car will be needing a serious engine and tranny overhaul in about 50K TOPS...

So when you drop it off at the scrapyard to be turned into kegs, I'll be pulling into the bar for a frosty cold one, with $3,000 more in my pocket... Thanks, I love cold beer!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300

u can speed right buy me, while I slow down to pick up your girlfriend!
Old 06-07-2007, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

05 C55
when i had my 05 c230 i raced a few lower model mustangs (sorry, not familair with these cars at all!). i have raced the newer ones and the older gen ones, not that i wanted to but it seems like most of the guys driving these cars think they're nascar drivers so i gave it a go thinking i will lose for sure but i didnt.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by BadAssC230k
i'll give you the 'kill' on a alleged 'c23'. no prob. but i bet you any one of our cars [c230], running stock engine and only on tiens [if even that], will lose you in a heartbeat in the twisties. some cars are designed to go fast... in a straight line. theres no knocking that.

my buddy wants me to race him in his 67 camaro. off the line, he'd eat me alive. but why is it he wont run with me from a rollings tart of say 60/65? even with my no to low end tq, my powerband from mid-high would kill him.

does your stang sound more like 'whaaaaaaa' or is it more like 'whooooooooh', lol. jk. hope you take no offense to any of this. plain and simple; 'to each their own'
I can't say it was or wasnt actually a C23 Kleeman, but that is what was on the back of the car. The truth is my car isnt set up to drag, I race it in SCCA circuit races. I have never come across a EURO car that keep my time except some Bimmer called a M5. I am sure you would beat a 67 camaro, not much of a handling machine. A modern muscle car with my "solid rear axle" and a five-link supsension is a different story.
Oh and yes, I am enjoying talking with you meatheads. Don't take it all personally guys, by the time you pay off that Mercedes in 2030 it probably will be worth 3k more than my mustang.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Super Moderator

I can't say it was or wasnt actually a C23 Kleeman, but that is what was on the back of the car. The truth is my car isnt set up to drag, I race it in SCCA circuit races. I have never come across a EURO car that keep my time except some Bimmer called a M5. I am sure you would beat a 67 camaro, not much of a handling machine. A modern muscle car with my "solid rear axle" and a five-link supsension is a different story.
Oh and yes, I am enjoying talking with you meatheads. Don't take it all personally guys, by the time you pay off that Mercedes in 2030 it probably will be worth 3k more than my mustang.
keeping digging, keep digging.

ha, you listed your mods on your initial thread. I didn't see any suspension mods. so the stock mustang suspension from 1996 is good enough to keep up with P-Cars and M's? suuuuure. COMPLETELY believeable.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
keeping digging, keep digging.

ha, you listed your mods on your initial thread. I didn't see any suspension mods. so the stock mustang suspension from 1996 is good enough to keep up with P-Cars and M's? suuuuure. COMPLETELY believeable.
Yes, the power mods.
The suspension mods are: eibach springs , sway bars with a steeda five link
suspension system.
Old 06-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Hey bus/taxi driver, gr8pilot in case you lost me. It seems like you give the rest of the profession, education and all, a bad name. Flying RC planes aint cutting it. Why don't you use that capacitor between the ears, meat as you like to call it, and retune it instead of using it purely as a filter. I guess that is why you initial post offering had to be moved to the correct forum.

You've already been warned by one mod.

BTW

Welcome to the forum
Old 06-07-2007, 08:22 PM

Sorry AMDOOSH
I didnt realize I struck a nerve. I guess a little banter doesn't translate.
By the way, do you know what your name means in English?
Old 06-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, the power mods.
The suspension mods are: eibach springs , sway bars with a steeda five link
suspension system.
wow! then you'll definitely be blowing away 911 Turbos!

so the steeda five link "suspension system" is what? coilovers? if it is, then why did you replace the springs to eibach springs? if it's not coilovers, then you're running on the stock Ford shocks with mismatched springs?

I didn't know Mustang's had that great chassis! oh wait,
Old 06-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Administrator

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Sorry AMDOOSH
I didnt realize I struck a nerve. I guess a little banter doesn't translate.
By the way, do you know what your name means in English?
You mean the ones that know how to pronounce it or the ones that do feeble attempts at butchery while attempting to convince those with less capacitance within their circle. Should we guess your fitment based on your posting or would you like to retune.

Old 06-07-2007, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by nlpamg
wow! then you'll definitely be blowing away 911 Turbos!

so the steeda five link "suspension system" is what? coilovers? if it is, then why did you replace the springs to eibach springs? if it's not coilovers, then you're running on the stock Ford shocks with mismatched springs?

I didn't know Mustang's had that great chassis! oh wait,
No,it's not a coil over it's specifically designed for that solid rear axle.
I doubt I could beat a 911 Turbo- worth every penny by the way.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C23 Kleeman in the dust!