C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

M271 (1.8L) Supercharger Intake Resonator (baffled muffler) removal

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 C180k
Originally Posted by Outkasted24
Just a word of advice, Before you mount that pipe on your car, do yourself a favor and get some beads welded on or flare the ends of the pipe so the couplings don't pop off under pressure.

As above a flat ended pipe isnt the best.... a slight flare is better

Also does anyone have a photo of the w203 supercharger so i can see where the s/c baffle is located within the s/c ?
Old 09-05-2012, 03:33 PM

2005 c230
Well I got it installed today. I guess I should have taken some pictures out of the box but I'll snap a couple of it installed later. I'll try to get some video as well.

First impression - you can definitely hear the supercharger now. It's not quite as loud as I was expecting, but its much better than before. The quality of the kit was great. The couplers and t-bolt clamps are high quality. The install took me less than 30 minutes. I probably could have gotten one made and pieced together for cheaper, but my time is worth more than I spent on it.

Originally Posted by Outkasted24
Just a word of advice, Before you mount that pipe on your car, do yourself a favor and get some beads welded on or flare the ends of the pipe so the couplings don't pop off under pressure.
Normally I would agree with you, but the length of the pipe and couplers are perfect to where there is no room for the pipe to pop off even if it wanted to. I come from high powered turbo cars (Supras), so I know a little about blowing intercooler pipes off and the boost leaks they cause. I really do not believe this is going to be an issue at all.

EDIT: I am now intrigued about an upgraded intercooler. I've noticed the car gets pretty heat soaked on warmer days and longer trips. Not to mention I hate the stock piping. Does anyone have any more information on this? After searching, it seems there are alot of people asking about it, but no responses.

Last edited by Lagzilla; 09-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 05:19 AM

W203 C180k
Originally Posted by Lagzilla
Well I got it installed today. I guess I should have taken some pictures out of the box but I'll snap a couple of it installed later. I'll try to get some video as well.

First impression - you can definitely hear the supercharger now. It's not quite as loud as I was expecting, but its much better than before. The quality of the kit was great. The couplers and t-bolt clamps are high quality. The install took me less than 30 minutes. I probably could have gotten one made and pieced together for cheaper, but my time is worth more than I spent on it.

Normally I would agree with you, but the length of the pipe and couplers are perfect to where there is no room for the pipe to pop off even if it wanted to. I come from high powered turbo cars (Supras), so I know a little about blowing intercooler pipes off and the boost leaks they cause. I really do not believe this is going to be an issue at all.

EDIT: I am now intrigued about an upgraded intercooler. I've noticed the car gets pretty heat soaked on warmer days and longer trips. Not to mention I hate the stock piping. Does anyone have any more information on this? After searching, it seems there are alot of people asking about it, but no responses.
Your best bet is to get an intercooler and make your own piping. This is what im going to be doing soon.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 AM

W203 C180k
Originally Posted by Pearl4611
I would think that by doing this, you'd be losing boost quicker. Am I wrong?
Well i aim to use a similar size intercooler (only a tiny bit bigger) and just run a better more efficient way with the piping.

My aim is to reduce the restrictions within the standard system, and give the charged air a better, smoother run around the intercooler loop. My understanding is my c180k runs 0.6 bar of boost to produce 143bhp so producing the same amount of boost but without any restrictions should help (maybe a few bhp)

The baffle in the intercooler piping doesn’t allow smooth air flow and also there is a restrictive 90 bend in there too.

Im not expecting to make and extra 50bhp or anything silly like that. I want to provide a better setup in terms of cooling the charged air down (as the standard setup suffers with heat soak) whilst providing better visual looks inside the bay and outside the car.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:35 AM

W203 C180k
I also expect a difference in sound and mid range tq like some have described, add a K'N air filter in the mix and it should provide this small increase.

Here is the restrictive standard 90degree bend in the system...

Old 11-25-2012, 08:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Correction, Drove An '05 C230 Kompressor SS
Originally Posted by Mugello
Keep us posted

Im planning to do this modification soon too !!

As for the intercooler it sounds good !!
Just throwing it out there, The Supercharger baffle delete Pipe I custom built for my Benz is up for sale.
This will only fit the M271 application.
I put less then 1k miles on it before turning my car back to stock for trade in on Nov. 8th.
https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...lete-m271.html

for more info, Please feel free to visit my F/S link or PM me.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 PM

W203 C180k
Pm me a price delivered to the UK
Old 12-01-2012, 08:48 PM

05 C230 Kompressor
Awesome thread
Old 12-01-2012, 09:54 PM

05 C230 Kompressor

Also does anyone have a photo of the w203 supercharger so i can see where the s/c baffle is located within the s/c ?
I would like to know this also... Anyone have any pics?

Also can't we run a straight pipe up top also for the intake? Make it like a CAI ??
Old 12-02-2012, 08:20 PM

Pm me a price delivered to the UK
I honestly don't have any idea what it would cost for shipping.
PM me your info and I'll check into it for you.

Originally Posted by aortiz5
I would like to know this also... Anyone have any pics?

Also can't we run a straight pipe up top also for the intake? Make it like a CAI ??
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/203797-m271-1-8l-supercharger-intake-resonator-baffled-muffler-removal-5.html
pics of the S/C delete pipe is on page 5 of this thread.

Yes, You can run a straight pipe for the intake up top.
https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...cf-intake.html
I believe That intake pipe is 12" L x 3.5" dia.

Last edited by Outkasted24; 12-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
ok, no problem here with me replacing the silencer box at the front of my m271 with a straight pipe, but where is the info about removing a baffle under the air filter??

ive searched "SC resonator delete", but no luck finding it yet.
thanks!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
if getting to this other baffle requires MAF removal, i wont worry about it, the new front pipe by itself might make it loud enough??
Old 02-21-2013, 11:47 PM

04 w203 c180k
Ive read through this thread and i apologise if i missed it but basically im looking at the honecomb silencer/resonator just after the airbox from what i understand that is the reason why there is no induction sound when the airbox is removed.
All i am trying to work out is if i remove that pipe take all the "silencer" stuff out of it and put it back on is that going to let me get the induction grunt that i am looking for ?

Sorry for not understanding this thread i am new to mercedes and there is alota stuff going on in them compared to my mk4 golf.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM

The OE Silencer/resonator pipe that you are talking about is mostly plastic and rubber.
To take it off of the car and clear it out of all the resonator material sounds to be not only labor intensive and non-reversible, but also impossible without cutting in half and sealing back together again.
This air that flows through is pressurized, and I don't know of any epoxy that would bond to the plastic and rubber making it air tight once put back together again.

Also, The sound you are looking to achieve can be done just by replacing this pipe with a straight pipe.
There is not another resonator/silencer under the supercharger that can be removed like the M111 motor.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:15 AM

05 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by billbugger
It seems a little responsive, but i can't tell if it's just psychosomatic. :-p

I replaced mine with a 3" x 18" exhaust piping.
The reason being, I couldn't find the 2.5" couplers mentioned. I could only find 2.5" to 3" couplers. So I just grabbed 2 of them and the 3" exhaust piping.

But I think i'm going to replace it with a part from a universal cold air intake system. Like this (click for link to advanced auto):

The reasons being (in order):

1. I can hook the (exhaust/vacuum/whatever) hose back up
2. adjust the mounting kit so the hose isn't 'hanging' there (i have mine tied up to another hose)
3. This piping was designed to be in that part of the car (verse the exhaust piping i used)
3. It's slightly bent to allow it to line up better with the lower hose coming from the intercooler.

I'll get some pictures of what i have so far up here when i get home.

Did you ever get this done?? I'd like to know how this intake tube works on there. I saw it at a local auto zone so now I wanna get it hahaha.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'04 C230 Kompressor Sedan
http://www.siliconeintakes.com/shopp...de70643983f0ec

Hopefully that link doesn't expire... but if it does, I selected:
2' 2.5" black hose
Silicone port system
NPT1/2" x 3/4" barb fitting
two 2.5" T-Clamps
$65 before shipping costs.

This is the least expensive, best solution I can come up with... for myself. It seems to solve the heat issue, gives you the 3/4" barb fitting (where ever you want on the hose), and is flexible enough to make the bends required.
What you guys think?
The following users liked this post:
estergirl (04-05-2024)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:09 AM

2006 C180 Kompressor
Originally Posted by billbugger
I quoted shivi's comment as relevancy.

Ok, so when I started my car to leave work tonight, the CEL came on.
I stopped by Autozone to have them check the ODB2 code.
It popped a P0410 code
http://www.obd-codes.com/p0410

I'm pretty sure this is because there is no hose going from the pipe replacing the "crank breather" as he put it.
SLVERC230 called it the "egr hose".
I have a breather on there.
(red circle in the top of the picture)

Anyone else that did this, get this code?
Thanks for the awesome idea. I disconnected my EGR valve completely from my 2006 C180 K. I plugged the pipe from the EGR and SC intake and disconnected the little pipes that go to the engine.
In doing so, I've decreased the fuel consumption from 10-11l/100km to 7-9l/100km and the pull off torque is much better.
No error codes.
No limp home mode.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:42 AM

2012 c63
If anyone is selling one of these pm me would love to buy one 🥳