C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

History of Joe's 2007 C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 06:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 C230 silver/black
History of Joe's 2007 C230

Ok I bought my car May 2007. Never did mod my previous cars before and never thought I would. Couldn't find a stock look cuz I didn't have a camera back then

Stock look (wallpaper from mbusa):
Old 04-05-2008, 06:22 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
CL Grill, Flat Hood Badge

First mod!
I went back to Taiwan during winter 2007-2008 and couldn't believe how many w203s I saw had CL grills. When I came back found this forum and got my grill and badge from ebay!

CL Grill:

Flat Hood Badge:
Old 04-05-2008, 06:25 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Rear De-badge

De-badged my rear after that, just like the clean look a little better; nothing against C230 really. When people ask me so what model is this I still tell them C230, proudly!
Old 04-05-2008, 06:35 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Clear Side Markers and yet another Flat Hood Badge

Went on and bought clear side marker lens from MikeSS, special thanks to him!
Nothing against the first flat hood badge I had it just either flew off or killed by the car wash
Ordered the AMG one this time

Clear Side Markers (off):

Clear Side Markers (on):

Sorry about these garage pictures. I think because of the bad lighting my stock amber bulbs in my side markers look real white in this pic. I figured how "amber" they are after installing HID lol

AMG Hood Badge:
Old 04-05-2008, 06:41 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Carbon Fiber Front Lip

This is one of my favorite mods! Seeing all the forum members with this mod and you guys' pictures just killed me. Couldn't resist!
Ordered from Euroteckmotorsports, thanks to them!
Then installed with a buddy of mine.

Pix:

Old 04-05-2008, 06:59 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
6000K HID Kit

Always wanted to get HID. After reading thread after thread and checking out my friend's HIDs finally decided to install Siemens 6000K kit at my friend's shop, who also set xenon=present for me. Of course who wouldn't go for OEM Bi-Xs, I just couldn't afford that
Overall very satisfied with the HID conversion results so far. See further, and more clear at night definitely!

Pix:

^^^^^^See how orange my other lights are now compare to this HID beam!

(left side ballast)
Old 04-05-2008, 07:05 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Off topic: gf's rabbit's only mod!

This is a sticker I found and put on my gf's 2008 VW Rabbit. I think it's funny and really like it! Thought I'd share; how you guys like it?

Last edited by cantblockme; 04-05-2008 at 07:12 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:11 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Project Completed?

Well, overall very happy about all the mods I've done so far and I guess I'm done for now? Of course I'd like to get some more carbon here and there and some 18/19s with lowering but need to save up again

I feel somewhat satisfied but not complete? I guess modding just never ends?

Even created my sig (with my photoshop genius friend's help) tonight!

Thanks for reading everyone! And thanks to this forum and all your help/suggestions, that's how I get these mods done!

Joe
Old 04-05-2008, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
any plans for exhaust??
Old 04-05-2008, 05:53 PM

c230 Kompressor Coupe
Rims and a drop, and you're set.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:46 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by yeuchau
any plans for exhaust??
Uh I'm somewhat satisfied with my exhaust so far. I didn't really want to mess with any mechanical stuffs just because I don't have a lot of knowledge in those area.
Well, you gonna sell your quad to me?

Originally Posted by ChristianJan
Rims and a drop, and you're set.
Haha yea. that's one of the plans. need more $$ than I have now tho. so we will see!
Old 04-05-2008, 08:55 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
How do I deal with these holes??

Well I took my friend (forum member:CarlssonPower) 's advice and took my front license plate holder off which was installed by the stupid dealer even before I bought the car; didn't have a choice.

UH now there's those screw holes and I wonder if anyone has any advices how I should deal with them/cover them? I don't want rust to build up and gotta end up getting a new bumper... If I cant find any good ways to work this out I guess I'll just put the license plate holder back

pix:

Old 04-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Banned

C-class
Plastic bumpers don't rust.

Yawn, I'll never understand why "lights" are the first mod people chose. Every car has HIDs now, they aren't a "luxury" thing anymore, and retrofiting them into halogen headlights doesn't improve light output without blinding other drivers.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2004 C32 ///AMG
car looks good so far!

as for the license plate holes, drill the holes a tad bigger, then fill in with Bondo Glazing and Spot Putty. When it's dry, sand the holes a bit and use MB Factory Touch-Up Paint on them.

Old 04-05-2008, 09:28 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by Kristen
Plastic bumpers don't rust.

Yawn, I'll never understand why "lights" are the first mod people chose. Every car has HIDs now, they aren't a "luxury" thing anymore, and retrofiting them into halogen headlights doesn't improve light output without blinding other drivers.
Actually the HIDs are my latest mod and if I just stop modding this is my LAST mod instead of "first mod." Not sure about the light output or whatever I'm not a PHD in that area but I'm happy about it and it "feels" like I can see further and more clear. Whatever the actual scientific proof shows or says I really don't care. I like the look and that's what's important for me.

In fact a big percentage of the mods don't really make cars a whole lot better but they just look better and that's also one of the reason people mod their cars right?
Like I don't think my carbon fiber front lip will make my car faster yet see how many people have them?

So are you saying you don't understand why people mod their cars for the look?

In regard of blinding other drivers,
I did drive my gf's car and let her drive mine and we try to come from opposite directions, it obviously didn't blind me, just a slight blue tint light beams thats all.

Anyways
Thanks a lot for telling me my bumpers won't rust and thanks for reading my posts.

Joe
Old 04-05-2008, 09:32 PM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by rlee02135
car looks good so far!

as for the license plate holes, drill the holes a tad bigger, then fill in with Bondo Glazing and Spot Putty. When it's dry, sand the holes a bit and use MB Factory Touch-Up Paint on them.

Thanks man, this really helps. I'll give it a shot
Old 04-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Banned

C-class
Originally Posted by cantblockme
I like the look and that's what's important for me.

So are you saying you don't understand why people mod their cars for the look?

In regard of blinding other drivers,
I did drive my gf's car and let her drive mine and we try to come from opposite directions, it obviously didn't blind me, just a slight blue tint light beams thats all.
I totally understand why people mod their cars for a look, mine is very modded, what I do not understand is wasting money on all these little mods rather than saving for some bigger mods like suspension, wheels, body kit, that will drastically change the look of the car.

I have yet to see a HID retrofit that outputs more light than the halogens, since the halogens on the C-class kick-butt. Its $2-300 spent for "blue" light, which actually has less light output and the wrong light pattern.

I do understand why people do it, luxury cars should have HID lights, so they want that "blue" look, yet to me its a waste of money since even economy cars are being sold now with HIDs, the "blue" look is not reserved for luxury cars and I hope the trend fades. Your car may not blind people, yet the kid with a Civic and retrofitted HIDs will, and he's doing it for the same poser reasons, to have "blue" lights.

I guess I'm just sick of the same old, same old mods on a MB, the W203 is becoming dated and boring.

There's no reason to get defensive either, if you post pics, some will like them, others won't. I don't.
Old 04-06-2008, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Stage 2 C7 A6, QX60
I totally understand why people mod their cars for a look, mine is very modded, what I do not understand is wasting money on all these little mods rather than saving for some bigger mods like suspension, wheels, body kit, that will drastically change the look of the car.

I have yet to see a HID retrofit that outputs more light than the halogens, since the halogens on the C-class kick-butt. Its $2-300 spent for "blue" light, which actually has less light output and the wrong light pattern.

I do understand why people do it, luxury cars should have HID lights, so they want that "blue" look, yet to me its a waste of money since even economy cars are being sold now with HIDs, the "blue" look is not reserved for luxury cars and I hope the trend fades. Your car may not blind people, yet the kid with a Civic and retrofitted HIDs will, and he's doing it for the same poser reasons, to have "blue" lights.

I guess I'm just sick of the same old, same old mods on a MB, the W203 is becoming dated and boring.

There's no reason to get defensive either, if you post pics, some will like them, others won't. I don't.
HID does give you better light output, the regular blueish halogens will give you less light output.
200-300 for a better light output isn't waste of money, might even save your life sometimes, you just never know.

If it's less light output, why do you think mercedes had those froested xenons for?
Old 04-06-2008, 01:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
btw, for the holes in the bumper check this out:
http://www.bumperplugs.com/
Old 04-06-2008, 02:36 AM

2007 C230 silver/black

I don't agree with your opinion but I respect it. All I was trying to do is to see where you're coming from and you think i'm defensive. In addition, it seems like the photos I posted offended you.

I never said I got the lights cuz I want to have the blue lights. All I said was "I always wanted to get HID".
Don't think this matters anymore but originally, I just don't really like the slight "yellow/amber/orange" tint on my regular halogen headlights. I wanted to get whiter ones, and I don't mind a blue tint at all.

Please stop criticizing me like saying "you are wasting money on certain mod" I feel like that's getting personal. You like apples I like oranges. Don't feel comfortable seeing the stuffs I post that's fine just leave this thread alone.

The last thing I want to happen is people getting unhappy reading the posts I made which I never meant to do it.

I'm sorry if you don't like my post or if I did I offend you,

Joe
Old 04-06-2008, 03:53 AM

2007 C230 silver/black
Originally Posted by yeuchau
HID does give you better light output, the regular blueish halogens will give you less light output.
200-300 for a better light output isn't waste of money, might even save your life sometimes, you just never know.

If it's less light output, why do you think mercedes had those froested xenons for?
Thanks for the support. I agree with you!

Originally Posted by tozfeekum
btw, for the holes in the bumper check this out:
http://www.bumperplugs.com/
Whoa learn something new each day. These products look like they will work pretty well hehe. We will see
Thanks!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 AM
Banned

C-class
Originally Posted by cantblockme
I never said I got the lights cuz I want to have the blue lights. All I said was "I always wanted to get HID".
Don't think this matters anymore but originally, I just don't really like the slight "yellow/amber/orange" tint on my regular halogen headlights. I wanted to get whiter ones, and I don't mind a blue tint at all.

Please stop criticizing me like saying "you are wasting money on certain mod" I feel like that's getting personal. You like apples I like oranges. Don't feel comfortable seeing the stuffs I post that's fine just leave this thread alone.

The last thing I want to happen is people getting unhappy reading the posts I made which I never meant to do it.
LOL another "please only post positive comments" person. Learn to take criticism, it'll help you in life.

Blue or white light, you didn't do it for "more light output", you did it for "the look". Personally, and remember this is my opinion, that's being a poser and a waste of money.

You may not like hearing that, yet there's no rule against me saying it.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Nice thread, keep the mods coming.

LOL another "please only post positive comments" person. Learn to take criticism, it'll help you in life.

Blue or white light, you didn't do it for "more light output", you did it for "the look". Personally, and remember this is my opinion, that's being a poser and a waste of money.

You may not like hearing that, yet there's no rule against me saying it.
Stop whoring his thread with negative comments. The bluish-white looks much much better and if you didn't like it then you didn't have to post about it.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:53 PM
Banned

C-class
Originally Posted by Shake
Stop whoring his thread with negative comments. The bluish-white looks much much better and if you didn't like it then you didn't have to post about it.
Give me a break, when someone posts a "rice" mod everyone is more than willing to post negative comments. HIDs for the "look" is rice IMHO.

I'm sick of posers retrofiting these kits and blinding me at night.
Old 04-06-2008, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
6000k is def not rice. If you don't care about looks at all, then why don't you trade your car in for a Tan/tan Toyota. (no offense to toyota owners on here). Seriously stop ****ing with his thread. No one wants to hear your I had someone have similar comments on my thread and it pissed me off as well. I'm sure Joe would like you to stop commenting as well.

Edit: you can redeem yourself by posting pics of yourself.

Last edited by Shake; 04-06-2008 at 04:09 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: History of Joe's 2007 C230