C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C63 diffuser on w203

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes Benz C200K Sport Edition and 04 C55 AMG
Originally Posted by DMC'S AMG
I would suggest that you cut the bumper to match the diffuser and center the tips to finish the dual look!
Yep agree, it would look much neater if you cut back the bumper, my car is black but i still had the original cut out to suit the shape of the diffuser. I personally would not cover the white parts - just get them cut out right so all you can see is the diffuser cut-outs.

Last edited by tudu; 08-01-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K
Originally Posted by Chadski350Sport
Oh and by the way....I'm covering the extra white that stands out on the inside of the cut-outs with a CF or flat black vinyl...OR

Any suggestions on how to fill those white blank spots? I'd really appreciate any help...I'm kinda lost on that one

CHEEEERRSSS! And hope everyone has a good weekend,
-Chad
Yes you can cover the white area that stands out by using CF vinyl. Erm... we call it cubic printing here. Once stick, it won't be able to peel off.

This is what i did on my bumper. It covers nicely, however need to be done by professional.

Was craving for Teo's diffuser but the price is abit high for me since i'm selling off this car soon.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by KenEuro
Yes you can cover the white area that stands out by using CF vinyl. Erm... we call it cubic printing here. Once stick, it won't be able to peel off.

This is what i did on my bumper. It covers nicely, however need to be done by professional.

Was craving for Teo's diffuser but the price is abit high for me since i'm selling off this car soon.
Nice, but prefer the 3 fin model. Can't understand why you would want to cover it when it takes few seconds to cut away the bumper cut-outs to get a nice clean job!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
...It fits 100% perfect...
You sure about that?

Not to dissuade you from modifying your C350 AMG, but I’d suggest you do it with proper regard to the marque. There are far too many botched and jerry-rigged rides running about these days. Please don’t be one of ‘em.

The diffuser looks okay. It’s a fine modification if done correctly. Its fitment with your exhaust is abysmal and looks like the dickens, imho. Insist that your shop have another go at it.

A very well done custom exhaust and bumper treatment on drexappeal’s car - for reference:

photo credit MJ50

photo credit MJ50
Old 08-02-2008, 01:36 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
word...

cutout the bumper and make the tips fit to the diffuser. it looks retarded and doesn't do the diffuser justice.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:05 AM

Mercedes Benz c230
Originally Posted by turbo16lbs
Can't you remove the outline for the non-existing exhaust on the right?
Yeah, I'm disappointed in that too. It looks like there's a missing exhaust on the other side with the outline there. May as well get the quad exhaust one. Hmm, I wonder why TEO decided to do it this way.

TEO, is there time or are you able to make it without the outline on the right side? You do great work and we appreciate you very much. Not to be super picky, but I was looking forward to seeing it with the right side smooth. This current version looks like the right side is missing something. What are your plans? THanks!!!
Old 08-02-2008, 07:10 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by casper_c230
Yeah, I'm disappointed in that too. It looks like there's a missing exhaust on the other side with the outline there. May as well get the quad exhaust one. Hmm, I wonder why TEO decided to do it this way.

TEO, is there time or are you able to make it without the outline on the right side? You do great work and we appreciate you very much. Not to be super picky, but I was looking forward to seeing it with the right side smooth. This current version looks like the right side is missing something. What are your plans? THanks!!!
not to speak for him, but changing the mold require a lot of work on their end. It's easier to them to add to the mold than taking away while keep the cost for everyone the same.

IMO it's not too bad. It leaves the option for the dual setup guys to cut out the opening and go quad if they want.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:19 AM

A45 AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by FrankW
not to speak for him, but changing the mold require a lot of work on their end. It's easier to them to add to the mold than taking away while keep the cost for everyone the same.

IMO it's not too bad. It leaves the option for the dual setup guys to cut out the opening and go quad if they want.
FankW is correct there is an option for those who decided to change to quad exhaust,if change to smooth will have a lot of work and we will unable to sell at this price hope all of you understand
Old 08-02-2008, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Merc power
great product iam getting one for sure ! pm.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2005 C230WZ SS Capri Blue/Ash
Originally Posted by tls1212
FankW is correct there is an option for those who decided to change to quad exhaust,if change to smooth will have a lot of work and we will unable to sell at this price hope all of you understand
Yeah, after looking at the pics, I was thinking that it would be nice having the right side smooth, and with maybe an extra fin, so it'd be 4 fins for the single left exhaust instead of the dual exhaust's 3 fins. But at this price, I can't complain at all at the quality. And you know what, I was on the fence like Chadski was with whether to get a single left opening, or a dual opening, because eventually, I'd like to do exactly what Chadski's doing; it's just right now, I don't have the money for a quad setup.

At least with the way Teo did the single opening, it leaves the option open if we ever want to do a quad setup. I still think it looks great !!

Question...looking at Chadski's white car, you can notice that the existing OEM opening is smaller than Teo's diffuser opening. FrankW recommended cutting the bumper so the openings are the same, and reposition the exhausts so they're centered. I agree. My question is who do you recommend to cut the bumper off. I don't want a hack job at all. However, I'm not sure how noticeable it would be on my car, because mine's Capri Blue. I'll have to check it out once I install it on mine.

My other issue is that because I have the OEM single wide C230 Sport exhaust, it might not be centered with the new opening. Any suggestions on how to move this OEM exhaust over a bit? Do you think it's just a heat up, bend, and move deal any exhaust shop could do? Another option is that maybe I can throw on some OEM AMG dual tips and ditch the wide single one (which I've never really been a fan of, but got used to it).

Thanks
Cintoman

Last edited by Cintoman; 08-02-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
W212
Originally Posted by tls1212
you're number 3 so sure you can get yours in this coming week item will ship out on tomorrow
Hey,Teo did u send out the diffusers already, if yes can u e-mail me the tracking number, coz i not home all the time. Thank are lot
Old 08-03-2008, 02:49 AM

C32
Teo keeps his words and the shipment is extreme fast, haven't got a chance to do tracking and the DHL guy is already downstairs.

Originally Posted by amcw203
Hey,Teo did u send out the diffusers already, if yes can u e-mail me the tracking number, coz i not home all the time. Thank are lot
Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 AM

W212
Originally Posted by cnchung
Teo keeps his words and the shipment is extreme fast, haven't got a chance to do tracking and the DHL guy is already downstairs.
Good to hear that, u the man Teo.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by Cintoman
Yeah, after looking at the pics, I was thinking that it would be nice having the right side smooth, and with maybe an extra fin, so it'd be 4 fins for the single left exhaust instead of the dual exhaust's 3 fins. But at this price, I can't complain at all at the quality. And you know what, I was on the fence like Chadski was with whether to get a single left opening, or a dual opening, because eventually, I'd like to do exactly what Chadski's doing; it's just right now, I don't have the money for a quad setup.

At least with the way Teo did the single opening, it leaves the option open if we ever want to do a quad setup. I still think it looks great !!

Question...looking at Chadski's white car, you can notice that the existing OEM opening is smaller than Teo's diffuser opening. FrankW recommended cutting the bumper so the openings are the same, and reposition the exhausts so they're centered. I agree. My question is who do you recommend to cut the bumper off. I don't want a hack job at all. However, I'm not sure how noticeable it would be on my car, because mine's Capri Blue. I'll have to check it out once I install it on mine.

My other issue is that because I have the OEM single wide C230 Sport exhaust, it might not be centered with the new opening. Any suggestions on how to move this OEM exhaust over a bit? Do you think it's just a heat up, bend, and move deal any exhaust shop could do? Another option is that maybe I can throw on some OEM AMG dual tips and ditch the wide single one (which I've never really been a fan of, but got used to it).

Thanks
Cintoman
I would recommend you visit a good local exhaust centre and have them do any adjustments for you while you have the diffuser taped (not fitted) to the car. That way you will be assured of a quality job. Most good exhaust centres will have an air powered saw and vast selection off tools to give you a nice clean opening and finish on the AMG body panel cut-outs. I used a small circular sander to gently remove a bit of the Diffuser that was rubbing on the left outside pipe had i not done this it would have melted that part of the diffuser. You will know when it looks right for you plus it will look like it originally came standard with the car. Good luck.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:19 AM

1992 Toyota Corolla, 1994 Chevy C1500, 2002 C32, 2012 Prius, 2013 Toyota Sienna
Teo,
What number am I on the list?
Old 08-04-2008, 12:11 AM

A45 AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by mdncn2762
Teo,
What number am I on the list?
you're number 5
Old 08-04-2008, 12:26 AM

A45 AMG Edition 1
updates all tracking number provided pls checked yours email
Old 08-04-2008, 12:56 AM

'03 C32
PAYMENT SENT! You've got PM.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:39 AM

A45 AMG Edition 1
Originally Posted by tokyo0one
PAYMENT SENT! You've got PM.
noticed tq
Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 AM

W212
Got u e-mail, Thank Teo
Old 08-04-2008, 06:06 AM

2006 C350 SS
Thumbs up New Pics Attached

Originally Posted by splinter
You sure about that?

Not to dissuade you from modifying your C350 AMG, but I’d suggest you do it with proper regard to the marque. There are far too many botched and jerry-rigged rides running about these days. Please don’t be one of ‘em.

The diffuser looks okay. It’s a fine modification if done correctly. Its fitment with your exhaust is abysmal and looks like the dickens, imho. Insist that your shop have another go at it.

A very well done custom exhaust and bumper treatment on drexappeal’s car - for reference:

photo credit MJ50

photo credit MJ50

Like I said in the first post after my "lunch-break" install...I still have a lot of work to me done. I wanted to post something up and get an idea of where to go with it on the non-AMG cars. I now know that the OEM openings are significantly smaller than the others so there is still a lot to be done.

1.) I'm going to need to complete the whole "Operation Cut-out" to make it look like those tips belong there..
2.) Raise the hangers and position the exhaust tips higher to fit ALOT better as well as center them and have it look way more PROPER.
3.) And finally run the legit full Dual-system after we figure out the best way to do it. We spent a good amount of time positioning an extra muffler and seeing how we can make it work...and well...it's gonna be a b*#ch.

I am not about 'jimmy-rigging' or in your case 'jerry-rigging' my C350 or having it lean towards any side of the Dickens...but like I had stated right away...there is still work to be done and this was a quick trial run that I literally slapped together during my lunch break...

Aside from all of that, I LOVE THIS PIECE and have received manyyyy complements on it. Here are some pics with the real cam...
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you think...

Sorry- I know those are huge pics and didn't get the time to re-size but hope you like them and I'll take the time to make them a bit smaller next time around

-Chad
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM

Chad...sent you a PM on cost for your setup.

Cintoman
Old 08-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Teo...at your convenience, would you be able to send me my tracking #.

Thanks so much !!

Cintoman
Old 08-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
3.) And finally run the legit full Dual-system after we figure out the best way to do it. We spent a good amount of time positioning an extra muffler and seeing how we can make it work...and well...it's gonna be a b*#ch.
If you're willing to spend the $$$, the easiest way to run a "true dual" would be to swap out the spare tire well/trunk area with the setup for the C55.

Weidermann (one of the OG members) had a Midnight Blue C32 that he swapped out the C32 exhaust with a C55 exhaust, which required having to change the tire well area (placed differently on a C55 due to the exhaust). I don't remember how much he spent, but if you do a search for the threads he created, I'm sure you'll find the info. I do remember that it was a pretty costly job, however, I'm not sure how much of that was in replacing the entire trunk area vs. the exhaust itself.

He posted mostly in the C32/C55 forum.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'05 C230K '10 GLK350 '13 SMART
amgmark did it too
https://mbworld.org/forums/c32-amg-c55-amg-w203/152090-c55-exhaust-project-my-c32.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: C63 diffuser on w203