C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Does anyone else have problems with their windows?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 07:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Does anyone else have problems with their windows?

I have this random problem that occurs where my 1 touch windows dont go up. It comes and goes from different windows like its possessed. Even my sunroof is plagued with this where it wouldnt shut. It would either tilt up or just open. Anyways, I have taken this problem to 2 different dealers. They said they reset my computer and I think this does nothing. It has happened to every one of my windows at different times or 2 at a time. Is there any solution to this?
Old 02-01-2002, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy

Yes. It happened to my rear windows as well. Sometimes its the left rear and sometimes its the right rear. Havent got a chance to bring the car back to the dealer and check it.

But I am sure the windows will work fine on the day that I am bringing my car in!!! Cause things always happen like that, u hear a noise somewhere and when u bring the car in, the noise will be gone. The noise will be back after u pick it up from the dealer!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 09:57 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
...your windows are losing "sync" occassionally. One would think this shouldn't happen, but it does. My right rear window is the George McGovern non-conformist in my ride.

In your manual (ahem!) it says to resync the misbehaving window by closing it manually with your finger. Then HOLD your finger in the "to Close" position for 3-5 seconds. This tells the window to re-sync with the others. Try it.

If you find that you need to do this all the time, then tell the dealer and have them look into replacing something.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 02-01-2002 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-02-2002, 02:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
I do re sync my windows but it still kinda bugs me. I hate the fact that it happens over and over again. Will it ever stop? Its just very annoying so i just wondered if it happens to everyone. If there is something to replace what is it so I can tell them to do it. All they do is what I do, just re sync the windows.
Old 02-02-2002, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
It happened one time w/ my left rear window. I re-synced it and it's never happened again. BTW, when MB-BOB says "close it with your finger", he means hold the switch manually until the window is fully closed (don't use 1-touch). Just in case there was any confusion.
Old 02-03-2002, 12:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
As I mentioned I know how to re sync the windows. Its easy but I dont understand why the problem keeps reoccuring. The problem does not occur on a daily basis but it is frequent. Does anyone know of a part the dealer can replace to stop this? I'm almost at 16,000 now and I have had my car at the dealer a few times for this problem. I was hoping they would do something else besides re sync my windows but they never do.
Old 02-04-2002, 11:00 AM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Brab... If all they are doing at the dealer is re-syncing the windows, you might tell them that you know how to do that procedure yourself, and that you have to do it all the time. Instead, you are looking to the dealer to find a more permanent fix, such as replacing a circuit board or something.

I agree that you should not have to do this as often as you describe. Occasionally, I suppose is acceptable, but all the time is not.
Old 02-04-2002, 04:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GL450, Sienna SE
I did tell them to do more and they just tell me to look and test it. They show me that it works fine. Errr. And that if there is a problem just bring it back...