C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Coupe Sunroof Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
Coupe Sunroof Question

Ok, I noticed the other day that the sunroof is doing something different. It has always (if you used the one touch open) the first time opened to a middle position about half way open. Push the button a second time and it it would continue to fully open. Now when you push the button, it slides completely to the fully open position without stopping in that middle spot.

I tried re-synching the sunroof and am still getting the same thing. Anyone else seen this? Some sensor somewhere on the fritz, or is it just a symptom of bad things to come?

I will probably try synchronizing again today, just for fun.
Old 06-26-2010, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
I think that is what it supposed to do. unless the coupes are strange
Old 06-26-2010, 03:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CL203
Originally Posted by MW_ATL
Ok, I noticed the other day that the sunroof is doing something different. It has always (if you used the one touch open) the first time opened to a middle position about half way open. Push the button a second time and it it would continue to fully open. Now when you push the button, it slides completely to the fully open position without stopping in that middle spot.

I tried re-synching the sunroof and am still getting the same thing. Anyone else seen this? Some sensor somewhere on the fritz, or is it just a symptom of bad things to come?

i dont think its supposed to keep going. mine has always stopped at the half-way point after the first click... and has been since i got it back in 2003
Old 06-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
:
Originally Posted by samaritrey
I think that is what it supposed to do. unless the coupes are strange
You would think it would do that, wouldn't you? Yes, the coupes are strange.

I've never had that problem. I agree that something's not right. On the other hand, that's the way that it should have been from the start, so why fight progress?
Old 06-26-2010, 07:28 PM

I am going to dig out the manual as soon as I finish the family stuff, but I am pretty sure the Coupe's are strange and it isn't stopping where it should. That first stop at the half-way point is actually closed to where it keeps the wind from reverberating so bad on my commute. I liked it. I had actually wondered for a bit if it hadn't been new software somewhere (since it had been in for a service since I remember using it), but I am pretty sure something isn't right now.

I also noticed today that it won't return all the way closed by itself like it used to. I am betting it is a sensor or something strange. Ah, well -- I guess it will become a new project. Time to learn about the sunroofs. Whenever I get around to figuring it out, I will make sure to post.

Last edited by MW_ATL; 06-26-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:09 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
I am going to dig out the manual as soon as I finish the family stuff, but I am pretty sure the Coupe's are strange and it isn't stopping where it should. That first stop at the half-way point is actually closed to where it keeps the wind from reverberating so bad on my commute. I liked it. I had actually wondered for a bit if it hadn't been new software somewhere (since it had been in for a service since I remember using it), but I am pretty sure something isn't right now.

I also noticed today that it won't return all the way closed by itself like it used to. I am betting it is a sensor or something strange. Ah, well -- I guess it will become a new project. Time to learn about the sunroofs. Whenever I get around to figuring it out, I will make sure to post.
have you tried to re sync it just to see what that does?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500

Originally Posted by samaritrey
have you tried to re sync it just to see what that does?
So what happens?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 SLK280
I don't think it's strange by the coupe. Mine has always gone to the half way point. Perfect for less noise. If you want it open all the way, either hold it, or push it a second time after it reaches the half point. Sounds like something is messed up with yours. Hope you figure it out.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:22 PM

Synchronizing did not help. The shade will still open with the one touch, and instead of stopping where it is supposed to, the sunroof opens fully. Not much of a pain, but just not right.

I will ask next time I go by the shop and see what I figure out, but it may be a while.