C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2 15 inch subs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 06
2 15 inch subs?

Hey boys hows it going?
Just want to know if its possible to fit two 15 inch subs in the boot. Has anyone done this? if so what dimension box are you using?

currently I have two 12's and its abit of a pain taking the box in and out of the boot and the box just fits.

thanks in advance!
Old 11-22-2010, 09:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Bnzova
Hey boys hows it going?
Just want to know if its possible to fit two 15 inch subs in the boot. Has anyone done this? if so what dimension box are you using?

currently I have two 12's and its abit of a pain taking the box in and out of the boot and the box just fits.

thanks in advance!

NOOOOOO DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!! as a mobile audio fanatic i will tell you that you are personally not making a right decision if you proceed. 1)not enough air space to put 15's that are loud enough for your enjoyment 2) they sound like crap 3)they sound like garbage 4)do 1000watt rms subwoofers (preferably diamond audio hex pro) 12's and you'll be more than happy. believe me, i've messed around with this time after time.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 06
thanks for the info bro. might go with some sound stream tarantula 12's then. its 100 rms less than the diamonds but it has 3 coils and stable at 1ohm.

also you reckon if i add component speakers to the rear doors would you be able to notice them or would the bass just cancel it out?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
You should talk to Glyn. He has amazing knowledge when it comes to Audio Products (not limited to )
Old 11-23-2010, 12:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Karo
You should talk to Glyn. He has amazing knowledge when it comes to Audio Products (not limited to )

haha when it comes to audio products, i want to meet this glyn gentleman. my family owns

http://onlinecaraudiowarehouse.com/m...%2Findex2.html

http://caraudiodepot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/San...E/393647488626

and this is my bmw x5 with 1 12" diamond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zPNpRlbBU

any questions?
Old 11-23-2010, 12:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Bnzova
thanks for the info bro. might go with some sound stream tarantula 12's then. its 100 rms less than the diamonds but it has 3 coils and stable at 1ohm.

also you reckon if i add component speakers to the rear doors would you be able to notice them or would the bass just cancel it out?

for the rear speakers, i recommend 85 watt rms coax speakers, and for the front components, 100 rms. 6 1/2" all the way around. if you don't have an aux. i definately recommend the clean sweep by JL. it works magic
Old 11-23-2010, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by michael kuzni
haha when it comes to audio products, i want to meet this glyn gentleman. my family owns

http://onlinecaraudiowarehouse.com/m...%2Findex2.html

http://caraudiodepot.com/

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/San-Leandro-CA/CAR-AUDIO-WAREHOUSE/393647488626

and this is my bmw x5 with 1 12" diamond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-zPNpRlbBU

any questions?
Good stuff . Glyn M Ruck is his name. Legend has it that he built a multimillion dollar home theater system . Serious note, he is very knowledgeable in that area and so is Jerry. Jerry use to work for West Coast Customs and legend has it he blew multimillion dollars worth of airbags while installing audio systems (i think he did it once).

The X5 is nice...sorry don't know much about car audio. Know how to change a CD player but that's about it
Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Good stuff . Glyn M Ruck is his name. Legend has it that he built a multimillion dollar home theater system . Serious note, he is very knowledgeable in that area and so is Jerry. Jerry use to work for West Coast Customs and legend has it he blew multimillion dollars worth of airbags while installing audio systems (i think he did it once).

The X5 is nice...sorry don't know much about car audio. Know how to change a CD player but that's about it
that's awesome! i'd love to talk to these guys! yea i'm big on sound quality, SPL doesn't prove anything to me, matching everything precisely and in exact locations to make the ultimate sound instead of noise? now i like that btw, i will be in your area on friday and saturday
Old 11-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Don't even dream of two 15 inch subs. Just buy a single decent JL Audio sub in it's own properly designed cabinet. If you value music they are the best. It's a pity that Velodyne have never done a car sub. More crap is spoken in the car audio business than anywhere else I've heard. A car is a hostile environment for sound reproduction.

If you just want a ghetto blaster that makes a lot of mono tone bass then buy any old crap like Kicker but it will sound awful.

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 11-23-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:20 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
for the rear speakers, i recommend 85 watt rms coax speakers, and for the front components, 100 rms. 6 1/2" all the way around. if you don't have an aux. i definately recommend the clean sweep by JL. it works magic

Michael, so are you the owner of the store?
I have stopped by the store several times and spoke to a guy named Anthony i think......
2 15's are too much. I have one single 12w6 v2 with its own 500/1 JL Audio amp it sounds really nice. the Focal component up front and the coax in the back make it crystal clear. the coax and component set are driven by a 300/4 JL Audio amp

Last edited by hcoronado; 11-23-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by hcoronado
Michael, so are you the owner of the store?
I have stopped by the store several times and spoke to a guy named Anthony i think......
2 15's are too much. I have one single 12w6 v2 with its own 500/1 JL Audio amp it sounds really nice. the Focal component up front and the coax in the back make it crystal clear. the coax and component set are driven by a 300/4 JL Audio amp
my dad is the owner, anthony does some of our marketing. i'm only 19 so not quite the owner. come by again and talk to me! i think i'm the only person on here to say this, but i hate jl audio subwoofers. they're junky loud. only entry level ones are good.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:33 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
my dad is the owner, anthony does some of our marketing. i'm only 19 so not quite the owner. come by again and talk to me! i think i'm the only person on here to say this, but i hate jl audio subwoofers. they're junky loud. only entry level ones are good.

awesome! I will ask for you next time I am down. I am on the market looking for a new HU.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by hcoronado
awesome! I will ask for you next time I am down. I am on the market looking for a new HU.
sweet sounds good! i have all the alpine and pioneer's in stock. just PM me when you're coming down. i work at the san leandro location.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

i think i'm the only person on here to say this, but i hate jl audio subwoofers. they're junky loud. only entry level ones are good.
Utter rubbish. They have the pedigree & know exactly what they are doing. Feed them a load of crap & it's crap in = crap out.

While I'm a Velodyne fan JL have made a major impact in the high end. Specify them correctly & feed them a clean signal & they are the most musical car subs on the market. I have never heard another car sub come even close.

But as I stated above. If you want to turn your car into 130db ear splitting boom box then buy any old crap. I'm talking about reproducing music accurately.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Utter rubbish. They have the pedigree & know exactly what they are doing. Feed them a load of crap & it's crap in = crap out.

While I'm a Velodyne fan JL have made a major impact in the high end. Specify them correctly & feed them a clean signal & they are the most musical car subs on the market. I have never heard another car sub come even close.

But as I stated above. If you want to turn your car into 130db ear splitting boom box then buy any old crap. I'm talking about reproducing music accurately.
this is interesting. so you believe that nothing compares to JL audio as far as sq? very interesting. everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course
Old 11-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

Excellent - we understand one another.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Excellent - we understand one another.

of course buddy! so jl has the biggest market share in south africa? i would like to know.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

No they do not have the greatest market share in South Africa. They are expensive. The likes of Pioneer & Alpine outsell JL here. The best things in life are very seldom the highest sellers. e.g. Audio Research does not outsell crappy Bose - but the one manufactures high end audio components & the other, at best, could be termed a "lifestyle" product maker. I am a global person that has lived all over the world including the US - see my profile. I do know Audio & top Audio equipment well. I was a sleeping director of Absolute Sound South Africa for over 30 years until the death of my dear friend that ran the business 2 years ago. We had some of the finest high end audio agencies in the world. I have been lucky to have been involved in putting some multi million buck systems together around this planet when taking a break from my oilco job. I know live music & have had the good fortune to listen in some of the worlds finest venues such as the Grosser Musikvereinssaal in Vienna. I know good sound from heavy metal rock to Bach.

The next thing you will try & convince me is that Class D amplifiers sound good. (incorrectly called digital amplifiers by some)

Car audio is always a severe compromise.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
No they do not have the greatest market share in South Africa. They are expensive. The likes of Pioneer & Alpine outsell JL here. The best things in life are very seldom the highest sellers. e.g. Audio Research does not outsell crappy Bose - but the one manufactures high end audio components & the other, at best, could be termed a "lifestyle" product maker. I am a global person that has lived all over the world including the US - see my profile. I do know Audio & top Audio equipment well. I was a sleeping director of Absolute Sound South Africa for over 30 years until the death of my dear friend that ran the business 2 years ago. We had some of the finest high end audio agencies in the world. I have been lucky to have been involved in putting some multi million buck systems together around this planet when taking a break from my oilco job. I know live music & have had the good fortune to listen in some of the worlds finest venues such as the Grosser Musikvereinssaal in Vienna. I know good sound from heavy metal rock to Bach.

The next thing you will try & convince me is that Class D amplifiers sound good. (incorrectly called digital amplifiers by some)

Wait....so my multimillion dollar comment was correct? (respect )
Old 11-23-2010, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage

no no no! i'm asking you who had the biggest market share in the area! and you answered it i respect that you understand the true meaning of good music. it's very rare (in fact hardly ever) that i meet people you go for completely perfect equivalence of sound throughout the car. that's pretty cool how you have been able to do all that stuff. i will not try to convince you anything. it all works by experience. people call class D amps digital? never heard of that. the only real digital amp on the market are the pdx amps by Alpine. those and the xd amps by JL are great. the hd by jl sucks. we've had nothing but problems with those. pm me if you would like to go into details, it would be awesome to hear of your experiences in the 12 volt industry.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Wait....so my multimillion dollar comment was correct? (respect )

lol good job man
Old 11-23-2010, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
lol good job man
I for one have no idea about what the hell you guys are talking about.

I know how to wire a headunit and amps and subs but I have no idea about quality and such. I use to own punch (on previous car) and never knew it was classified under the crap quality
Old 11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
I for one have no idea about what the hell you guys are talking about.

I know how to wire a headunit and amps and subs but I have no idea about quality and such. I use to own punch (on previous car) and never knew it was classified under the crap quality
no you didn't have crap. that's some average stuff. crap=sound extreme, pyle, performance technique, gravity, lanzar, phonics digital, farenheit etc.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

We pulled out of the 12 volt industry completely in the end because of shocking dealers ruining motor cars & equipment. Some customers are clueless as well. We had Nakamichi as one of our many agencies when Nakamichi was still Nakamichi. Car audio dealers in SA could not handle that sort of gear & would screw up someones Ferrari or Bently or whatever. It was far better to sell a Nakamichi Dragon or other component to a high end guy. Our high end dealers were generally pretty good but the car guys gave us all grey hair.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
We pulled out of the 12 volt industry completely in the end because of shocking dealers ruining motor cars & equipment. Some customers are clueless as well. We had Nakamichi as one of our many agencies when Nakamichi was still Nakamichi. Car audio dealers in SA could not handle that sort of gear & would screw up someones Ferrari or Bently or whatever. It was far better to sell a Nakamichi Dragon or other component to a high end guy. Our high end dealers were generally pretty good but the car guys gave us all grey hair.
are you trying to say that other dealers were diminishing the value of high-end products by giving away high end stuff for cheap and not making their money? or are you saying that inexperienced people were getting into the business and messing up people's cars just to get their money? either way, it's a very sad fact now in days that still goes on at just about every shop. only true auto enthusiasts do good work, that's what i've learned over the years (about 2 years i've been working) none the less! i've experienced it first hand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2 15 inch subs?