C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tyler's w203 e25 Slow Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 C230 Sport low on coils with some extra goodies

Howdy!

I am brand new and figured I should show you guys my car! Hopefully i'm posting in the right spot

About the car:
Silver 07 c230 sport
lowered on CXracing coils about 2.5 inches (max before front tire hits strut)
35% tint all around including windshield
Aux cord mod (tapped directly into HU input pins)
Plastidipped wheels Silver/turquoise chameleon....
Two 12" low powered subwoofers in the trunk
"Lemans" style yellow low beams

I look forward to posting all upcoming modifications/maintenance (mini diy's) to this build thread!

Please let me know if i'm in the right place and following correct thread protocol!

Old 12-21-2015, 12:54 PM

More pics...

More pics attached
Attached Thumbnails Tyler's w203 e25 Slow Build-1eea3071-8f62-45ca-8309-1ec6250057f9.jpg   Tyler's w203 e25 Slow Build-73e53abe-0bce-4792-903c-9290a6b11147.jpg   Tyler's w203 e25 Slow Build-20151121_160039.jpg   Tyler's w203 e25 Slow Build-e5dc19b4-070b-4495-abd1-ad833739bcb2.jpg  
Old 12-21-2015, 01:10 PM

Videogames/Movies for the Road-trip Anyone??

My girlfriend and I are going on a 3200 mile cross country roadtrip on the 3rd of next month... So I made the decision to add a foldable 7" monitor to the dash and put my old ps3 in the car with the addition of a power inverter. I will then split the HU's Aux input for sound and etc.

I've bought most of the parts... I will then install it with a DIY and post a link in the build thread.

One piece of feedback from you guys though... Do you think a ps3 will fit in the glovebox? If not.... it's getting set up in the passenger side footwell area.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport
First off, nice car.

Regarding the PS3 in the glove box - it *might* fit, but it certainly will not have enough air movement to keep the PS3 cool unless you plan on keeping the glove box door open or fitting some sort of cooling fan in that area for air circulation?
Old 12-21-2015, 04:37 PM

... For some reason I was in my old mk4 VW brain mode where the air recirc vent pulls from the glovebox (so I thought it would pull the heat out).

Putting it against the center console in the passenger footwell will work out just fine. It's wide enough to fit the console and the gf's legs!

Should be putting this all together a couple days after christmas

Last edited by Tyler Zauel; 12-21-2015 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:38 PM

What do you guys think of having all that electrical load on the alternator? The amp for my subs pulls 400w peak (400w/12v) is 33 amps... and the ps3 can pull a max of around 300w (300w/12v) is 26 amps during normal use

33 + 26... 60 amp pull? When our alternators are 150 amp rated... Seems like a lot.

Last edited by Tyler Zauel; 12-21-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-21-2015, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Kazi04
First off, nice car.

Regarding the PS3 in the glove box - it *might* fit, but it certainly will not have enough air movement to keep the PS3 cool unless you plan on keeping the glove box door open or fitting some sort of cooling fan in that area for air circulation?
Much appreciated! I'm pretty grateful to have enough income at age 20 to be able to drive and maintain one of these.
Old 12-22-2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tyler Zauel
What do you guys think of having all that electrical load on the alternator? The amp for my subs pulls 400w peak (400w/12v) is 33 amps... and the ps3 can pull a max of around 300w (300w/12v) is 26 amps during normal use

33 + 26... 60 amp pull? When our alternators are 150 amp rated... Seems like a lot.
I think you will be OK as long as you aren't running any other heavy amperage electronics like heated seats, A/C, etc. I would install a kill switch for the amp so you can run the PS3 sound through your speakers without having to use the amp at the same time.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by Kazi04
I think you will be OK as long as you aren't running any other heavy amperage electronics like heated seats, A/C, etc. I would install a kill switch for the amp so you can run the PS3 sound through your speakers without having to use the amp at the same time.
Makes sense. For the kill switch idea, I just figured I could keep everything on (the amp has auto on and off) and just dial down the bass via the HU, so it won't pull much at all.

For the DIY I write up, how do I link it to this thread?
Old 12-23-2015, 10:59 AM

Makes sense. For the kill switch idea, I just figured I could keep everything on (the amp has auto on and off) and just dial down the bass via the HU, so it won't pull much at all.

For the DIY I write up, how do I link it to this thread?
I'd probably start a new one - who knows, it might become a sticky.
Old 12-25-2015, 03:49 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2009 C350
Do you recommend the cxracing coils ? Hows the ride ?
Old 12-25-2015, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by Cruel-Merc
Do you recommend the cxracing coils ? Hows the ride ?
Merry Christmas!!

They were my first set of coils so I may not be the best test subject...

What I can tell you though is that as low as I have them (about 2.5-3" down) they ride really close to stock. The harshness and noise is a little worse, and i'm at almost full soft on the damper settings.

Once you go harder on the dampers the harshness goes up, but that is to be expected. The car also tends to understeer just a bit after it gets that low combined with no camber adjustment in the rear (i'm at -2.5ish degrees)

Personally I love them, and they were decently cheap compared to other sets (that aren't raceland etc.)

Alot of people who buy these say they feel like BC coils. I've never rode on those so I can't say...

Reliability seems good for the money too... i'm well over 5,000 miles on them and they feel brand new, and that's on Michigan's horrible roads.

I'd recommend them for sure. Amazing for the money.

They did not come with the strut bushings that are in this photo

Last edited by Tyler Zauel; 12-25-2015 at 07:16 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:15 AM

2009 C350

Merry Christmas!!

They were my first set of coils so I may not be the best test subject...

What I can tell you though is that as low as I have them (about 2.5-3" down) they ride really close to stock. The harshness and noise is a little worse, and i'm at almost full soft on the damper settings.

Once you go harder on the dampers the harshness goes up, but that is to be expected. The car also tends to understeer just a bit after it gets that low combined with no camber adjustment in the rear (i'm at -2.5ish degrees)

Personally I love them, and they were decently cheap compared to other sets (that aren't raceland etc.)

Alot of people who buy these say they feel like BC coils. I've never rode on those so I can't say...

Reliability seems good for the money too... i'm well over 5,000 miles on them and they feel brand new, and that's on Michigan's horrible roads.

I'd recommend them for sure. Amazing for the money.

They did not come with the strut bushings that are in this photo
Ok cool. Well yeah theyre pretty cheap compared to other brands its just you get what you pay for but what iam worried mostly about the ride quality , does the car bounce on highways?and what do you mean "noise is little worse" . Im stuck two options here get em coils or DGR coils theyre around a grand shipped made in Taiwan but got no info about them only the reviews on their own website.
Merry Christmas!!

Last edited by Cruel-Merc; 12-25-2015 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 11:20 AM

Ok cool. Well yeah theyre pretty cheap compared to other brands its just you get what you pay for but what iam worried mostly about the ride quality , does the car bounce on highways?and what do you mean "noise is little worse" . Im stuck two options here get em coils or DGR coils theyre around a grand shipped made in Taiwan but got no info about them only the reviews on their own website.
Merry Christmas!!
With it set up to full soft it doesn't bounce any more than how it did on stock suspension. Full hard it will bounce of course. They really do ride well. Something with the sound resonance of sharp bumps is a tad louder than stock. Its really nbd. I just thought I'd share.

Seriously, I bought these to dd them and they are great. I'd get em.

Saving 400 dollars or more and having a decent coilover setup that rides nice sounds like the way to go IMO
Old 12-25-2015, 11:29 AM

2009 C350

With it set up to full soft it doesn't bounce any more than how it did on stock suspension. Full hard it will bounce of course. They really do ride well. Something with the sound resonance of sharp bumps is a tad louder than stock. Its really nbd. I just thought I'd share.

Seriously, I bought these to dd them and they are great. I'd get em.

Saving 400 dollars or more and having a decent coilover setup that rides nice sounds like the way to go IMO
Well thanks for help here man appreciate it. Looks like I'm heading towards cxracing honestly i only need the front coils i already have rear bilstein coilovers so gonna mount the front ones and save the rears in case my current rear setup broke or something. I like how low your coilovers can go and they seem to have 2 way adjustability. Oh i forgot to tell you i was reading their policy on their websites front page and it says products listed are for off road or track race not for street lol guess they need to fix it.

Last edited by Cruel-Merc; 12-25-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 12-25-2015, 09:46 PM

Well thanks for help here man appreciate it. Looks like I'm heading towards cxracing honestly i only need the front coils i already have rear bilstein coilovers so gonna mount the front ones and save the rears in case my current rear setup broke or something. I like how low your coilovers can go and they seem to have 2 way adjustability. Oh i forgot to tell you i was reading their policy on their websites front page and it says products listed are for off road or track race not for street lol guess they need to fix it.
You can always have your Bilsteins rebuilt, those are awesome coilovers and would be worth it to get them rebuilt and sell them or use them. It might be worth a call, they have a lifetime warranty, maybe they'll even cover some parts
Old 12-27-2015, 10:43 AM

2 way adjustability? The damper adjustment has a 32 click adjustment range, i'm not sure what you mean...

Regarding how low they go, if i had spacers, rolled/pulled fenders and etc. These could probably lay frame.... or get really close to laying frame. I'm at the max I can go without rubbing through my tires and there is a ton of threads left.

The ride and reliability going that low? I'm not so sure it will be good.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:51 AM

2009 C350
2 way adjustability? The damper adjustment has a 32 click adjustment range, i'm not sure what you mean...

Regarding how low they go, if i had spacers, rolled/pulled fenders and etc. These could probably lay frame.... or get really close to laying frame. I'm at the max I can go without rubbing through my tires and there is a ton of threads left.

The ride and reliability going that low? I'm not so sure it will be good.
I meant 2 way ride height adjustability not the damper . Well im on 18s and mine would go lower than yours without any rubbing issues and with dampers on soft id say the ride will be okay (no bouncing). Coming from bilstein pss9s they rode better than stock but the ride height which i didnt like figure they are designed for performance and not the look. Anyway i ordered a set of cxracing coils and should be here in few days . Ill snap pics and tell you what i think about them after getting them installed.
Old 12-27-2015, 10:53 AM

2009 C350
Originally Posted by dblock2151
You can always have your Bilsteins rebuilt, those are awesome coilovers and would be worth it to get them rebuilt and sell them or use them. It might be worth a call, they have a lifetime warranty, maybe they'll even cover some parts
True that but im not the original owner and rebuilding them would cost me over $500 so i just leave them in the garage.
Old 02-16-2016, 10:42 AM

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. I have the gaming console set up and a 7" screen on the dash. It works great.

The coils are still holding up too!

New updates on the build... I purchased an OE tune with the MYGENIUS tool.
I guess I didn't read my software ID correctly so my tune files were incompatible with the ecu

I'm warming up the car as we speak to redo it, and will post up on my progress!

I'm excited to see how the FULL e85 tune works on the car... Hopefully we get some horses out of her.