C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

got a prob. need your opinion!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230 Coupe Kompressor
got a prob. need your opinion!

I ordered a bodykit from a guy whose name im not going to mention.. (at least from now). I ordered an AMG bodykit for the c230 coupe i told him several times.here are the problems that i had with this deal:
1.paid the guy more money to get an amg emblem that i didnt received.
2.He told me that the shipping for the kit was going to be at most 300$ i had to pay 583$.
3.He told me that the kit included paint.... no paint.
4.he told me that the shipping time was between 4-6 weeks... guess what?? i paid him january 15 i received the kit this monday.. april 8, do the math....
5. and to close this incredible deal that i made guess what?? HE SENT ME THE F^%^$%NG WRONG KIT.. HE SENT ME THE C32 KIT THAT DOESNT FITS THE COUPE...

I e-mail him but he didnt want to reply...

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO BESIDES TRYING TO SELL THE KIT?

please ill appreciate any advice..

thanks!
Old 04-10-2002, 07:29 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
You bought this kit from the same guy who use to brag about the nice steering-wheels he makes? Sorry I have no advice for you. If I am correct this guy is on the other side of mother earth. Try to sell your kit to somebody and accept that you have been fooled
Old 04-10-2002, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Well,

I am originally from Singapore and Malaysia (which is the neighbour of Indonesia). If you bought the kit from this country, i only have 1 advice for you.

Forget it.

Indonesia is not a very good place to do business...Sell the kit, learn your mistake, and get a new kit!
Old 04-10-2002, 07:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
OK, if this is a domestic issue (as in the body kit was mailed in the US) you should file a claim with USPS. What happened to you is mail fraud and that is illegal under federal law. I would also file a case with your local PD. Emaill the guy first and say you are going to do these things, see if that moves him enough to work this out with you. My guess is it won't, but it might.

Otherwise, I think you just need to cut your losses and sell it.

Sorry this happen to you!
Old 04-10-2002, 07:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
That person has posted many times about replica kits that he makes. Were you expecting a real one? I would not have ordered from him, but you've learned your lesson. Next time pay a little more and order from an established website.

If he is not responding to your e-mails, I think he assumes there is nothing you can do about it. However, what he has now done is kill any business he could have through mercedes message boards. Tell him that if he does not satisfy you, you will post your story on every message board possible. He'll never sell anything again. It may be harsh, but he has mislead you to begin with.

If all else fails, hire someone trustworthy in Indonesia to hunt him down and "teach" him a lesson.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:55 PM
Banned

'01 C240/6
You sent a large sum of money to Indonesia, hoping to get what you wanted in return???
Old 04-10-2002, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I feel sorry for your experience.....here are my thoughts:

1) AMG emblem is not easy to find. I dont think even MB sells them. You should bear this risk when ordering. Tough luck.
2) Didnt he tell you the shipping charge & you agreed BEFORE he shipped the stuff out? How come you accept a C.O.D. shipping charge? No one is to blame on this except you. Sorry, not a smart move.
3) He lied! And there's nothing you can do about it. Most bodykits dont come with paint, learn a lesson here.
4) I think the stuff was shipped by sea!
5) To date, I think the AMG kit for the C-coupe is still not available to public. The car has to be special ordered. Have you seen any pics back in Jan??? There are two scenarios to this: either he makes the kit or he sells the kit. If he makes them, he doesnt even have a "master" kit, how can he make one out of the blue? If he sells it, there isnt any available to the public, from where does he get the kit from??? I think this is yr biggest mistake of all. You're buying something which doesnt even exist in this world!!

Side notes:

1) I think the situation has turned so ugly that you should do our board members a favor by telling us who he is so that no other person will be fooled by him again!
2) If he has such business practice, if you were him, would you reply e-mails???
3) Selling the kit is probably yr best shot now, and I think you should post it on e-Bay and try to sell it ASAP. You'll have a really hard time trying to sell it as more & more C32 kits will be floating around in the market.
4) A big lesson to you....not to buy anything without thorough reseach and seeing the item in person.

BEST OF LUCK!!!

Last edited by Harris; 04-10-2002 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:57 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
Just inform your credit card company that you did not receive the product you ordered and cannot contact the originating company. They will reverse the charges and probably advise you not to destroy/loose the materials you got until they are able to contact the merchant. If they can't contact him, the charge reversal becomes permanent and you can keep what you got for free. ;-)

You DID order this with a major credit card, right?
Old 04-10-2002, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's great that on forums like these you can find out right away if a product or vendor is on the level. He seemed so confident that his products were really good. Sorry that you had to be the one. I hope you can make the most of the kit by selling it. Try e-bay if nobody on the forum wants it.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:07 PM

C230 Coupe Kompressor
I paid via western union... i did everything wrong..lol! Thanks for all the advice.. i dont think that the guy did it on purpose but by not answering my e-mails im begining to think otherwise.Thanks again! Now that were on the subject which bodykits are available for the coupe?? where can i buy online?
Old 04-10-2002, 08:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by BigDaddyPR
I paid via western union... i did everything wrong..lol! Thanks for all the advice.. i dont think that the guy did it on purpose but by not answering my e-mails im begining to think otherwise.Thanks again! Now that were on the subject which bodykits are available for the coupe?? where can i buy online?
You havent even got rid of the C32 kit and you're already thinking of getting another one??? I've a little hesitation whether you've learned the lesson yet!! Let things cool down a bit and do more RESEARCH!!! I'm sure nobody here wants to see you make another mistake!!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 08:18 PM

C230 Coupe Kompressor
lol!! As soon as i sell the one that i have ill get down to business again! ive learned my lesson but that is not going to keep me from getting a bodykit!!!! I really want one!! the only thing is that i already have AMG double spoke wheels..... i dont know what am i going to do... im not changing the wheels thats for sure!! i love the double spokes.......an lorinser or brabus body kit with amg wheels???

Last edited by BigDaddyPR; 04-10-2002 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:55 PM

C230 Kompressor (02 Copupe)
damn...

an lorinser or brabus bodi kit with amg wheels???
well I have seen Brabus Wheelss, with Lorinser bdykits and Carlsson Bodykits with lorinser wheels... so.. its ur choice..