C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

1st Step of M271 Pulley Kit development Complete!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-03-2004, 01:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C32 AMG
Software will be included in EVOlution I Power Package. You will be able to purchase ODPS separately to keep price affordable.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Vadim @ evosport
Software will be included in EVOlution I Power Package. You will be able to purchase ODPS separately to keep price affordable.
The pulley and the software package is ONE solution. By making it two solutions you are robbing the pulley buyers of the true performance of their engines.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230
If the cost of pulleys+software is too much

I can see where some buyer will balk and not buy. If the cost of the pulleys is reasonable and soft is also reasonable buyers might do the upgrading in steps.

CZ
Old 11-03-2004, 09:46 AM
taylor192

Gentlemen, here is the latest:

OverDrive Pulleys Kit (ODPS), will consist of following:

1. New, larger damper crank pulley. The exact size is still in development. It will be a brand new, not modified stock, damper. Very much like our E55 damper. www.evosport.com

2. Smaller water pump pulley, to clear larger crank damper.

3. Larger alternator pulley, to compensate for larger crank damper.

I am expecting around 20-25HP and 15-20TQ from about 2 to 2.5 psi increase. With software and better intake we could see 185-190 RWHP.

Pricing information and dyno graphs will be follow shortly. Thank you for your interest.
Sweet @$$!

Now if we could get a better intercooler for our cars. The current offered ICs don't perform very well as posted by members here. A great IC would get us 5-10 additional HP, unlike the modest 1-2 others have posted (or loss like a few have posted).
Old 11-03-2004, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG

Quote:

The pulley and the software package is ONE solution. By making it two solutions you are robbing the pulley buyers of the true performance of their engines.
Read my post carefully. It is up to the customer if he wants to buy ODPS and software together. Yes, together they will work better, but if budget does not allow it, ODPS kit by itself is still an improvement.
Old 11-03-2004, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
Now if we could get a better intercooler for our cars. The current offered ICs don't perform very well as posted by members here. A great IC would get us 5-10 additional HP, unlike the modest 1-2 others have posted (or loss like a few have posted).
Factory IC is not bad. I have not done final measurements yet on it's efficiency. I will be surprised if there will much of a gain in it at projected power level.
Old 11-06-2004, 03:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

EVE
gotta bump this up to the top, interesting reads so far. definitely interested and looking forward to those charts Thanks Vadim,

mig
Old 11-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Banned

Read my post carefully. It is up to the customer if he wants to buy ODPS and software together. Yes, together they will work better, but if budget does not allow it, ODPS kit by itself is still an improvement.
You should be putting this stuff on your roses not online. Making price cuts because someone cant afford holds true for $1 items. The non-Mercedes vendors are cheap and nasty hacks with limited understanding of motoring and engineering.

Making a metal wheel doesnt make you a genius. I hear they figured that one about 50,000 years ago. Making a matched ECU power curve ..... that demands respect.

That 50 cents worth of firmware is holding up everything isnt it.

The mere fact that you consider it a non-core item and make it cost extra shows me that you resist consumer uptake.

There is more engineering in a $50 ADSL modem than there is in your ECU package. Heres 50 bucks and dont fart around with useless packages based on shafting people. Either you make a true package or you dont.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:02 AM
taylor192

Originally Posted by miroj
You should be putting this stuff on your roses not online. Making price cuts because someone cant afford holds true for $1 items. The non-Mercedes vendors are cheap and nasty hacks with limited understanding of motoring and engineering.

Making a metal wheel doesnt make you a genius. I hear they figured that one about 50,000 years ago. Making a matched ECU power curve ..... that demands respect.

That 50 cents worth of firmware is holding up everything isnt it.

The mere fact that you consider it a non-core item and make it cost extra shows me that you resist consumer uptake.

There is more engineering in a $50 ADSL modem than there is in your ECU package. Heres 50 bucks and dont fart around with useless packages based on shafting people. Either you make a true package or you dont.
How about you kindly f'off.

Renntech and other tuners have already done what you ask for, and sell it for $3K+, if you're after the 'engineered' solution, then dish up the $$$, if not, shut up and take the simplier solution for less $$$.

Evosport is offering the ODPS with/wthout the software. That's fair enough, some of us outside of areas with shops capable of installing the software (or dealers unwilling to without voiding warrantees) will not want to purchase it, nor spend time without the ECU for the car cause it has been shipped to be programmed. Others just wish moderate gains for minimal $$$. Also, adding the software later becomes a possibility as those people decide they want more power or have more money.

I think its a smart business decision, and a welcome change in how tuners for our cars treat us. For the most part, C-cass owners are cost conscious, or on a budget. $3K-4K upgrades aren't marketable the majority, yet the $500 ASP pulley has been for the M111.

Besides, wasn't the only ECU upgrade offered for the ASP pulley to have a dealer upgrade the fuel settings? There wasn't even a ECU matched power curve, and it still sold well.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:07 AM
taylor192

Factory IC is not bad. I have not done final measurements yet on it's efficiency. I will be surprised if there will much of a gain in it at projected power level.
Most MB tuner ICs haven't shown incrediable increases, yet some 'custom' intercoolers others have fabricated (someone made one from a semi-truck IC? I'll try and find the thread) have at least shown to reduce heat-soak.

At the PSI you're trying to achieve, I bet there'll be a noticable improvement at higher RPMs. It'd be interesting to at least try, if there is an improvement you could offer a ODPS, software, and IC combo!
Old 11-06-2004, 04:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by taylor192
How about you kindly f'off.

Renntech and other tuners have already done what you ask for, and sell it for $3K+, if you're after the 'engineered' solution, then dish up the $$$, if not, shut up and take the simplier solution for less $$$.

Evosport is offering the ODPS with/wthout the software. That's fair enough, some of us outside of areas with shops capable of installing the software (or dealers unwilling to without voiding warrantees) will not want to purchase it, nor spend time without the ECU for the car cause it has been shipped to be programmed. Others just wish moderate gains for minimal $$$. Also, adding the software later becomes a possibility as those people decide they want more power or have more money.

I think its a smart business decision, and a welcome change in how tuners for our cars treat us. For the most part, C-cass owners are cost conscious, or on a budget. $3K-4K upgrades aren't marketable the majority, yet the $500 ASP pulley has been for the M111.

Besides, wasn't the only ECU upgrade offered for the ASP pulley to have a dealer upgrade the fuel settings? There wasn't even a ECU matched power curve, and it still sold well.
Most of these $2000 Pulleys are being sold by my local Eaton distributor for $120 - made to order. So lets say $200

As for the rest of your ideas ..... BUSH YOU

Just call it like it is and dont tell me how many crooks are out there. W211 lowering costs $1500 or you can print the creen dumps and take them to your Benz dealer for $0.

Im sorry but I am anti- and no I am not unrealistic!
Old 11-06-2004, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Most of these $2000 Pulleys are being sold by my local Eaton distributor for $120 - made to order. So lets say $200

As for the rest of your ideas ..... BUSH YOU

Just call it like it is and dont tell me how many crooks are out there. W211 lowering costs $1500 or you can print the creen dumps and take them to your Benz dealer for $0.

Hey bud, just calm down a little. If this pulley kit doesn't float your boat then sink it and get over it.

-Danny
Old 11-06-2004, 09:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
See, now you know what I went through over 2 years ago. No matter what you do, there's always a few that will poo on your parade. Don't sweat it, what you are doing is great, keep at it, Vadim will sell hundreds of these.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
See, now you know what I went through over 2 years ago. No matter what you do, there's always a few that will poo on your parade. Don't sweat it, what you are doing is great, keep at it, Vadim will sell hundreds of these.
yea, i hear you!

hey by the way, why did you get rid of your coupe?

-Danny
Old 11-06-2004, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had a c-spot coupon burning a hole in my pocket. Picked up a new 2004.5 sport sedan for $25K, couldn't pass that up. No other reason, the coupe was running great. I really enjoy the sedan though, the 1.8L gets about 5 mpg better than before and it's smoother. The nice thing about the SS is that it came lowered 1", has nice 17" wheels with the drilled rotors and better brakes and the blue tint so it has most of what I put into the coupe outside the pulley. Also the nano paint has been great, only 1 chip on the front in 6 months of driving, that's way better than the old coupe.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:19 PM
Banned

He might sell millions ...... billions ...... trillions .... and what does this have to do with validity and opinion.

Perhaps if my income was deeply vested in fooling Americans I might tread the narrow black line to see what I could garner.
Old 11-06-2004, 10:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You can say that Eaton sells s/c pulleys for $120 and I would say that's ridiculously expensive, ASP sells s/c pulley for as little as $79, heck $120 is an over 50% price difference, gouging if you ask me. But unfortunately, changing the s/c pulley is not an option on these cars like it is on the the larger Eaton superchargers on Ford and GM cars. On those cars you have free and clear access to the s/c to remove the pulley, on the MB you don't. So unless you want to spend an entire day of dismantling or pay someone to do it, the more expensive solution of changing the crank pulley as well as other pulleys is the most effective way and yes, a crank pulley with a damper does cost more than $79 or $120 to make, let alone sell. Believe me, ASP or Vadim are no strangers to making pulleys for superchargers and if they can make a single pulley for $120 they would.

But, please prove me wrong, get a pulley for $120, put it on and share your experience, heck, you can resell them for double that if it's customer installable.
Old 11-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Banned

You can say that Eaton sells s/c pulleys for $120 and I would say that's ridiculously expensive, ASP sells s/c pulley for as little as $79, heck $120 is an over 50% price difference, gouging if you ask me. But unfortunately, changing the s/c pulley is not an option on these cars like it is on the the larger Eaton superchargers on Ford and GM cars. On those cars you have free and clear access to the s/c to remove the pulley, on the MB you don't. So unless you want to spend an entire day of dismantling or pay someone to do it, the more expensive solution of changing the crank pulley as well as other pulleys is the most effective way and yes, a crank pulley with a damper does cost more than $79 or $120 to make, let alone sell. Believe me, ASP or Vadim are no strangers to making pulleys for superchargers and if they can make a single pulley for $120 they would.

But, please prove me wrong, get a pulley for $120, put it on and share your experience, heck, you can resell them for double that if it's customer installable.
I didnt say Eaton sells them and I also didnt say that it was made to order. Proving you wrong would be pointless since you would invent a new reason why I am wrong based on an entirely new premise.

User installable ? Its not a problem for me - what are you trying to say here ?

All i said was pulleys + software = valid option. Im not satisfied that I should in all cases go along with the proposition that cheaper is valid.

We do all realise that the M111 engine was the one that made tuners famous. The M271 engine being talked about here is USELESS without matching ECU upgrades. This supplier knows it, I know it and so does everyone else looking into it.

Without software there is no way in the world the 1.8L engine would perform at this level. That is why there are only 3 piston types, 2 superchargers and 7 ECU variants - across 5 of the 7 engine models. The other two being CGI versions.

If that isnt clear enough ..... what is.

Last edited by miroj; 11-07-2004 at 01:19 AM.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:56 AM
taylor192

You are being unrealistic and speading

I specially said that the ECU remapping you desire is available, yet costs $500-1000 from other MB tuners. You can have it if you wanna pay for it.

Considering its been posted that this entire kit will cost around $1000 (including software?) I think that's a very good deal for 3 pulleys and software.

I personally think you're just a cheap-@$$ that likes to complain and doesn't understand business, nor engineering. Thena again, BUSH on me for actually having some sense.
Old 11-07-2004, 09:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by taylor192
You are being unrealistic and speading

I specially said that the ECU remapping you desire is available, yet costs $500-1000 from other MB tuners. You can have it if you wanna pay for it.

Considering its been posted that this entire kit will cost around $1000 (including software?) I think that's a very good deal for 3 pulleys and software.

I personally think you're just a cheap-@$$ that likes to complain and doesn't understand business, nor engineering. Thena again, BUSH on me for actually having some sense.
Free speech doesnt mean reality.
Old 11-07-2004, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Miroj, we got your point.. ENOUGH!
Old 11-08-2004, 12:12 PM
Almost a Member!

I didnt say Eaton sells them and I also didnt say that it was made to order. Proving you wrong would be pointless since you would invent a new reason why I am wrong based on an entirely new premise.
I don't really want to get involved, and sorry to burst your bubble but...

Most of these $2000 Pulleys are being sold by my local Eaton distributor for $120 - made to order.
Old 11-08-2004, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
Originally Posted by solus
I don't really want to get involved, and sorry to burst your bubble but...
alright, now please let's move on!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:05 PM

Funny thread.
There is no replacement for displacement. This kit Vadim is developing would be great, but the 230 being a 4-cylinder engine already pushed to its limits at stock, is a slow piece of **** with or without the pulley kit!

So save the "BUSHING" to yourselves and get a C55!
Old 11-09-2004, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Blimp
thanks, but no thanks brabus. I dont think everyone here can afford a C55.. so we try out best w/ our 4 bangers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 1st Step of M271 Pulley Kit development Complete!