C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My new car & a question....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230K SS
My new car & a question....

First of all, I would like to thank everybody for being so helpful these last few months in making my decision a hell of a lot easier than it would have been going in blind.

Last Saturday, I picked up a 05 C230k SS. I live in NJ, and I've been reading all the threads regarding Winter Driving and Snow Tires.

Does anybody have a set (4) winter tires and rims that they would be willing to sell? Im not looking for anything crazy..just something to get me through the next 2 months or so. The car is brand new, and I dont want to take any chances with the upcoming bad weather on the east coast.

I'm trying to save a few bucks and not have to buy a new set. Any help or recommendations would be helpful.

Below is a pic of me and my car:

Old 12-21-2004, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bantha
Did you deal with Brenner at David Michael? I think he's the internet guy....

I looked for a local pickup of some winter rims, but wound up buying a set from tirerack.com......
Old 12-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I bought a good set of steelies w/vredestein (sp?) snowtires from Eurotire on Rte. 46, just west of Wayne, for $900 and change. In case nothing else works out, and you don't want to go the internet route.

Welcome to the forum. Don't expect all of TR's replies to be so friendly. :p
Old 12-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by tommy
Don't expect all of TR's replies to be so friendly. :p
You don't know what the **** you're talking about motherf'r.... :v :p

j/k.............
Old 12-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K SS
Thanks for the replies.

Jeff Keith was my salesperson over at David Michael. Pretty good guy to deal with. I wound up getting the car $640 under invoice.

Can you tell me which tires/rims you got over at tirerack? I bought a set of tires from them last year for my old car, and they were very easy to deal with.

I live in Monmouth County, so if anybody knows any good places to pick up a cheap set of rims/tires, or if they have any for sale... I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for all your help.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:53 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by HugeCanoli
Thanks for the replies.

Jeff Keith was my salesperson over at David Michael. Pretty good guy to deal with. I wound up getting the car $640 under invoice.

Can you tell me which tires/rims you got over at tirerack? I bought a set of tires from them last year for my old car, and they were very easy to deal with.

I live in Monmouth County, so if anybody knows any good places to pick up a cheap set of rims/tires, or if they have any for sale... I would appreciate it.

Thanks again for all your help.
These are the rims, 16". I bought Goodyear UltraGrip Ice tires last year, but I dont see them now, get some Dunlops they're just as good.

BTW what options did you get? Buy or lease it?

Old 12-21-2004, 04:01 PM

2000 E320 Sedan
Do not even think about snow tires. They will suck your car !!
Old 12-21-2004, 04:06 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K SS
I leased it.

Sunroof package, automatic tranny, heated seats, cd.

I wanted the xenon's but after test driving the car at night and seeing how good the stock lamps were, I decided against it.

BTW - The reason why I am asking about the tires here is a buddy of mine bought an IS300 last year, and wound up buying a nice set of used snow tires/rims off of a Lexus board. I was hoping to find something similar.

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Banned

Bantha
Originally Posted by E320Star
Hey **** Pickle,

ALL snow tires suck compared to what the car comes with!! Any snow tire will be better that the OEM summer tire in the winter. Ask anyone here, or at the dealership. Anyone with the slightest knowledge would suggest a snow or all season tire. Plus this is the second season I've had 'em and they're fine.
The stock summer tires shouldn't even be run in weather less than 40 deg. F. They get harder and more slick. In NJ, no question they need to be swapped for the winter.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:07 PM

c240
Originally Posted by E320Star
what's wrong with snow tires?

canoli, have you check the classified forums, also you can check ebay. if not go to tire rack and get tires and steel rims with hubcaps.
Old 12-22-2004, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Nothing. He's just stupid.

Guys, you are overlooking the really obvious way to get cheap winter wheels. Nobody, or virtually nobody, likes the 16" stock rims that come on the C240 and the C230- many sets are often available on the marketplace, or Ebay. 900 bucks for tires and steel rims? Hope you got a kiss with that.

Many of the stock MB rims from other models will fit also, there's a seemingly endless supply of rims that don't have enough bling bling for the owners.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:29 AM

c240
Originally Posted by Outland
Nothing. He's just stupid.

Guys, you are overlooking the really obvious way to get cheap winter wheels. Nobody, or virtually nobody, likes the 16" stock rims that come on the C240 and the C230- many sets are often available on the marketplace, or Ebay. 900 bucks for tires and steel rims? Hope you got a kiss with that.

Many of the stock MB rims from other models will fit also, there's a seemingly endless supply of rims that don't have enough bling bling for the owners.
i dont think that the 16 inch rim will fit. he has an 05 ss they have the big brakes and i'm pretty sure the 16 inch rim will not clear the brakes
Old 12-23-2004, 12:34 AM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K SS
No reason to call me out by saying I'm stupid. I asked a simple question, and that is what this board is for. Sharing thoughts/opinions and asking questions.

I bought the car less than 2 weeks ago, and I havent showered the board with endless pics and questions because I know how to use the search button. I was simply asking if there was an alternate solution to my question.

Putting that to the side, and again understanding that I am a new MB owner, are you saying that stock c240 tires and rims will fit on my 05 c230?

There wont be a problem since the stock wheels are staggered? And if thats the case what year 240 rims/tires will fit and are the stock tires ok for winter driving?

I dont care about bling bling...I care about getting through winter in one piece.

Thanks again for everybodys help.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
......I know how to use the search button...
You do? :p

......stock c240 tires and rims will fit on my 05 c230?
Please reread the post right above yours.

......There wont be a problem since the stock wheels are staggered? .....
Only on SS models.

......And if thats the case what year 240 rims/tires will fit and are the stock tires ok for winter driving?...
Rim and tire fitment FAQ link.

BTW
Welcome to the board.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by Outland
900 bucks for tires and steel rims? Hope you got a kiss with that.
Why? Tires alone are 4-500, then you have to buy the steelies, then have them mounted. Besides, I don't think that I wanted the guy to kiss me; while at least a good B cup, he wasn't my type.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
No reason to call me out by saying I'm stupid. I asked a simple question, and that is what this board is for. Sharing thoughts/opinions and asking questions.

I bought the car less than 2 weeks ago, and I havent showered the board with endless pics and questions because I know how to use the search button. I was simply asking if there was an alternate solution to my question.

Putting that to the side, and again understanding that I am a new MB owner, are you saying that stock c240 tires and rims will fit on my 05 c230?

There wont be a problem since the stock wheels are staggered? And if thats the case what year 240 rims/tires will fit and are the stock tires ok for winter driving?

I dont care about bling bling...I care about getting through winter in one piece.

Thanks again for everybodys help.
The Sport Sedan has bigger front calipers than the stock C240 and C320's! So the stock 16 inch rims from one of them may not fit due to the bigger brakes. As for the Staggered wheels, that really does not matter, you just have wider tires and slightly wider rims in the back. Same size front and rear rims can be fitted. I myself would search ebay first, then go to tirerack if you can't find anything on ebay that fits your liking. Most people on ebay are dumping there stock 16's, which may not fit due to the brakes. So you will most likely be looking at tirerack! I do know someone on another forum that is selling his stock 17 inch rims from a sport sedan. Look in the classifieds at mercedesshop forum.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by tuscanraider
Hey **** Pickle,

ALL snow tires suck compared to what the car comes with!! Any snow tire will be better that the OEM summer tire in the winter. Ask anyone here, or at the dealership. Anyone with the slightest knowledge would suggest a snow or all season tire. Plus this is the second season I've had 'em and they're fine.
The stock summer tires shouldn't even be run in weather less than 40 deg. F. They get harder and more slick. In NJ, no question they need to be swapped for the winter.
agreed...
Old 12-23-2004, 11:32 PM

c240
hugecanoli, he wasnt calling you stupid. he was calling the guy e320star stupid for saying that snow tires suck.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:39 PM

C230K Coupe
I just bought some new wheels and snow tires for my 230.

$780 mounted, balanced, and shipped to my door. Mille Miglia 16" Bello (cheapest wheel as i dont need the looks in winter) and Blizzak tires.