C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Best time to buy C-230 Sport Sedan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2005, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best time to buy C-230 Sport Sedan

Hi, first post here so please spare me

Maybe this is too common a question, I am thinking of buying a new C-230 Sport Sedan soon (in 2-3 mths) but I got a lot of doubts as to when the best time is to buy one.

This is my first time buying a new car (and it's a Benz!), so I am not gonna rush until I got enough research. I went to a dealer recently, test-drive & price quote. The dealer gave me MSRP, but do you think I could actually get an invoice price out of the 2005 model? The option I am gonna take is: Auto, Xenon, and Sunroof Package. When I was asking for a price quote, the out-of-the-door price was $38,000!!! Which I think is pretty damn expensive compared to what my friend got last year ($35K). Is the 2005 model considered a new model? From what I know, the 2005 model has its interior face-lifted, and that's all, compared to 2004's.

Also, when I was in the dealership, the dealer kept reminding me to make my decision at the end of the month. Do I have to??? I know he is probably trying to meet his quota, but does that mean it's good for me (so I can pressure him for lower price). Should I wait for another month or so?

Thanks you all! Please advise!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:10 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Welcome to the forum.

Originally Posted by pixelfreak

That would be no fun.

Maybe this is too common a question,...
Yes it is. :p

...so I am not gonna rush until I got enough research...
Great.

...do you think I could actually get an invoice price out of the 2005 model?
Its been posted here numerous times. HTH
Old 02-24-2005, 07:38 AM

2002 C230K Coupe & 2005 C230 SS

The option I am gonna take is: Auto, Xenon, and Sunroof Package. When I was asking for a price quote, the out-of-the-door price was $38,000!!! Which I think is pretty damn expensive compared to what my friend got last year ($35K).

$38K is a lot for a C230WT with those options. Go to mbusa.com and build your own to see what the max price should be, then work from there. I was at my local dealership over the weekend and he had lots of cars optioned out as you describe and they were offering significant discounts. Your dealer is right there is an incentive going on at the moment whihc finishes at the end of this month, however it is the same incentive that was supposed to end at the end of December, so who knows maybe it will continue into March if they still have lots of inventory.
You might want to search the forum a little regards your choice for an automatic, there have been some pretty heated discussions!! My experience is that the Kompressor engine best matches the stick shift, but some will disagree.
Unless you are thinking of the C320 in my opinion there is no reason to wait for the 2006, it does not really add anything. If you can afford $40K+ wait for the 3.5L engines, it is supposed to be sweet. You will not get any deals though!!
Old 02-24-2005, 07:46 AM

00' ML 55 AMG; 08' Jeep Wrangler Unlimted (4 Door)
Kelly Blue Book has an invoice price tool

http://www.kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/ke.kb.sp?kbb&&&newCars;slp

Good luck and Welcome to the forum!
Old 02-25-2005, 06:20 AM

Thanks guys, I will start reading some threads...

For amdeutsch, I will just take a quote from GixTom:

Do you ever have something better to post? I am getting sick and tired of this ***** as much as threads like this. In fact I found this kinda response/link far worst than anything the newbies post. Go get a life man...if you dont bother replying the newbies then simply dont.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K SS
This guy amdeutsch really keeps people from replying or getting more involved in this forum.

All he ever does is give some BS arrogant comments about how everyone should use the search function and not ask the same question over and over again. What kind of moderator is that?

I bought my c230 SS in December, and read this board for a solid 4 months before I bought my car. I was amazed by the pattern of responses by this guy. It was almost like you knew if you posted something he was going to break your stones.

Who does this guy think he is? I don’t care if he bans me, or doesn’t like what I say. The guy is flat-out annoying. Doesn’t he have anything better to do? It would take him just as much time to answer the question as it does to come back with his smart-*** comments. I'm sure he'll get his usual giggle from the same old posters who laugh at the same old thing, and maybe he enjoys that?

All I know is I am a member of plenty of forums, and even run my own football forum with plenty of members. This is the only forum that I have seen this type of behavior from a moderator.

Go ahead and tell me to go to another MB forum if I don’t like it. Of course I visit other car forums. I happen to think the information on this particular forum is very helpful. That is when sarcastic answers aren’t given to legitimate questions.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:22 PM

2005 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by HugeCanoli
This guy amdeutsch really keeps people from replying or getting more involved in this forum.

All he ever does is give some BS arrogant comments about how everyone should use the search function and not ask the same question over and over again. What kind of moderator is that?

I bought my c230 SS in December, and read this board for a solid 4 months before I bought my car. I was amazed by the pattern of responses by this guy. It was almost like you knew if you posted something he was going to break your stones.

Who does this guy think he is? I don’t care if he bans me, or doesn’t like what I say. The guy is flat-out annoying. Doesn’t he have anything better to do? It would take him just as much time to answer the question as it does to come back with his smart-*** comments. I'm sure he'll get his usual giggle from the same old posters who laugh at the same old thing, and maybe he enjoys that?

All I know is I am a member of plenty of forums, and even run my own football forum with plenty of members. This is the only forum that I have seen this type of behavior from a moderator.

Go ahead and tell me to go to another MB forum if I don’t like it. Of course I visit other car forums. I happen to think the information on this particular forum is very helpful. That is when sarcastic answers aren’t given to legitimate questions.
You couldn’t have said it better

I think this forum has much potential yet attitudes towards others (especially first posters) must change…

Over the last seven months I’ve witnessed as Amdeutsch or ‘Hitler’ of these forums (as I like to call him) has scared away new member after new member with his sarcastic, low-life, arrogant, repetitive ‘I have nothing better to do but post links to ‘Posting & You’ flash show’ attitude in reply to each and every post.

I honestly believe this guy either knows nothing about cars or is some sort of computer operated moderator that replies to every new member’s post with ‘Search the forum’ and has the link to ‘Posting & You’.

Well cheers to you HugeCanoli as we are both likely to get the boot out of this forum. At least we know that we gave an attempt to saving it before deutsch-bag is the only member remaining….

Last edited by TwofourT; 03-03-2005 at 02:59 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
i have to give some defense to amdeustch, people dont search and we enjoy the free service of this forum. all the posting takes up space, all this space costs money, who is paying for it? also how many times do the same threads have to be started over and over and over and over and over and over. the opinions and answers are there, with a little effort, people will find them. not all the time, but in alot of these cases where amdeustch pops up with STFF or posting and you, its for a reason.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:37 PM

2005 C320 4Matic
For amdeutsch, ...
he already knows that it isn't nice, and not that funny...

maybe he can change his name to: amdeush-bag
Old 03-03-2005, 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car

Maybe this is too common a question, I am thinking of buying a new C-230 Sport Sedan soon (in 2-3 mths) but I got a lot of doubts as to when the best time is to buy one.

This is my first time buying a new car (and it's a Benz!), so I am not gonna rush until I got enough research. I went to a dealer recently, test-drive & price quote. The dealer gave me MSRP, but do you think I could actually get an invoice price out of the 2005 model? The option I am gonna take is: Auto, Xenon, and Sunroof Package. When I was asking for a price quote, the out-of-the-door price was $38,000!!! Which I think is pretty damn expensive compared to what my friend got last year ($35K). Is the 2005 model considered a new model? From what I know, the 2005 model has its interior face-lifted, and that's all, compared to 2004's.

Also, when I was in the dealership, the dealer kept reminding me to make my decision at the end of the month. Do I have to??? I know he is probably trying to meet his quota, but does that mean it's good for me (so I can pressure him for lower price). Should I wait for another month or so?

I think you should easily get a better price than that. The best time to deal is probably at the end of the month as the dealers are trying to hit monthly sales targets. The best time to buy is when the new year comes out (if you're willing to buy the current year) as they're normally trying to deal to clear their inventory. You will also (most likely) get a better deal if you are willing to take a car from the dealer's current inventory as opposed to ordering a new build, or having them transfer from another dealer.

Good luck.
Old 03-03-2005, 02:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 CLS
Originally Posted by TwofourT
Can I get an A'MEN, sooo sooo soo true.

I think this forum has much potential yet attitudes towards others (especially first posters) should change...

Better watch out another newbie revolt !

To add to Citron's comments...

There's only so many times that "Can I change out my headunit?" or "How do I roll up my windows when it's raining?" new threads started before it becomes the same crap over and over...

Not only does it clog up the board when someone actually tries to do the right this and search but they have wade thru a bunch of garbage threads just to get to what they want....a direct by-product of useless threads...

When I search now I have to not only look at the topic but how many replies are posted there in the hopes if the number is high that I might be able to get one or two pieces of useful information out of it.....nothing can be done for post of the past but there's no need to compound the problem by adding to the mess...

Not to mention the fact that when a past topic, that was once new, has actually been discussed in detail you have a wide range of answers, opinions, ways of doing it, etc....your not going to get that from one or two "kind-hearted" users post to answer a newbies questions...

Point is ....everyone would like an instant answer to every question they might have every time they have one...thats nice, but not practical nor conducive to the growth of the forum as a whole...do your homework before posting and to quote a past post by myself "Don't post stupid questions and you won't get stupid responses"
Old 03-03-2005, 03:09 PM

2005 C240 4Matic
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
i have to give some defense to amdeustch, people dont search and we enjoy the free service of this forum. all the posting takes up space, all this space costs money, who is paying for it? also how many times do the same threads have to be started over and over and over and over and over and over. the opinions and answers are there, with a little effort, people will find them. not all the time, but in alot of these cases where amdeustch pops up with STFF or posting and you, its for a reason.
A newbie huh?
your cool....almost

Who is paying for it you ask?
Well I am currently looking to advertise on these forums and let me be the first to tell you that they charge an arm and a leg monthly for that banner ad you see up top, and this forum sure doesnt look like its taking up that much space.
Sure seeing the same topic over and over is annoying, but no need for the arrogance. All im saying is that he should change his attitude and not blow others spot.

If you wish to witness a lot of 'used space' and get an idea of how moderators should act take a minute and check out www.vwvortex.com (my old home), you would be suprised how they treat each other and handle repetitive posts.

Last edited by TwofourT; 03-03-2005 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-03-2005, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
excites your girlfriend

OMG not a newbie! :p Haha that flash is funny as hell.
Yeah, you should be able to get it at invoice. $38k is crazy, don't pay that!
Old 03-04-2005, 01:32 AM

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
2018 E43
You're getting bent over!

at least shoot for the Cars Direct price:
www.carsdirect.com