C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MBUSA needs to be spanked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK 320
MBUSA needs to be spanked

Seriously they are launching one of the biggest car in their history, and the information they are putting out is horrible. For some reason dealers across the country have no clue what colors are available inside, example do they have the light colors for the sport , what wood trim. Also what options are really going to be in the 350 vs 300. Yhea we have those option code but seriously if the car is launching in next two weeks I would think lot advance information would be nice for buyers. There is a three page thread on the memory seats, seriously buyers should not be guessing what might, what will be in their cars. WTF is this, you don’t get your car and say interesting I wonder where the freak those memory seats went, or I thought this is a beige interior. They did not have brochures when I test drove the car, why the freak would MBUSA give dealers car’s when there are no brochures , official color list, official option list’s out. The dealers are doing a incredible job with the info they have, and they could really get orders faster if MBUSA gives them more information.
If they don’t want to give out prices yet that is fine, but at least they should let us build a sample car without prices. MBUSA is down hopefully they are putting that stuff up.
MBUSA really needs to advertise more about these cars, MB cars have some of the most advanced features in the car industry and none of them are advertised. Then you have Lexus aka “Sofa on Wheels” that comes around talking about keyless go, TPM and simple **** that Mercedes invented 20 year ago, shesssshhh.
Spanking of course I mean in a Peter griffin to Chris griffin sort of way, not Vincent Chase sort of way.
Old 07-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Almost a Member!

I totally agree. I went to 2 dealers and they knew very little about the car. I learned what I could from this site. Not even MBUSA.com is helpful. Amazing how they can gear up for a launch and have little information available to the public or dealers.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I agree that the lack of detailed information is a problem. But I do like how they did the roll out with the same exact car at all the dealerships, but I wish that they had had both the C300 and C350 at each dealership.

Last edited by pmb600; 07-29-2007 at 03:38 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 10:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
i agree with having both at the dealers, although i would prefer to see the sport and luxury both there...i'd would have ordered by now, but am holding off until i can see them together
Old 07-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Almost a Member!

08 c350
Yeah I thnk I knew more than my dealer! They asked me where I got my info from. I told them to check this forum! I think we have more of a clue than the dealers!
Old 07-30-2007, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by zakklp
Yeah I thnk I knew more than my dealer! They asked me where I got my info from. I told them to check this forum! I think we have more of a clue than the dealers!
99% of the people on this forum have more info and intelligence than any salesperson.

Anyone know when we can see all the models at the dealership?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by pmb600
99% of the people on this forum have more info and intelligence than any salesperson.
that is sadly 100% true
Old 07-30-2007, 03:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350

Anyone know when we can see all the models at the dealership?
i've asked multiple dealers that same question...1 said "As soon as Aug. 1", another said "Sometime in the next week to 10 days", another said "At least not until Aug 7 (Release date)" and still another says he didn't expect to have any luxury or 350's in until Sept.

don't know who to believe on this one...sounds like the original posting in this thread was right
Old 07-30-2007, 05:58 PM

Well when I went for my test drive in Raleigh North Carolina I got a brochure and the dealers sales poeple went for some driving course and info training camp(kindoff ) in Orlando Fl to get to know the new C Class and they could tell me anything I wanted .Price ,options,packages,memory seats and so on. Just keep in mind we all drove Demo and MB wanted to see the intrest thats out there and by the looks of things they getting great reactions.I do agree they need to fix the MBUSA web site. Yahoo just publish a page for best new cars for under $35000 and the new C Class was one of them.
Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by livestrongONe
Well when I went for my test drive in Raleigh North Carolina I got a brochure and the dealers sales poeple went for some driving course and info training camp(kindoff ) in Orlando Fl to get to know the new C Class and they could tell me anything I wanted .Price ,options,packages,memory seats and so on. Just keep in mind we all drove Demo and MB wanted to see the intrest thats out there and by the looks of things they getting great reactions.I do agree they need to fix the MBUSA web site. Yahoo just publish a page for best new cars for under $35000 and the new C Class was one of them.
well i'm still new to this new release thing, and am DEFINATELY in the market, but am growing frustrated with hearing different things from different dealers. i also got a brochure from one dealer whereas another didn't have one, so i suppose which dealership you go to might affect your whole opinion on the subject.

i wish i could get a definative answer on when the first luxury models will be available to see. it would also be really nice if i could build my own on the mbusa website.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'14 GLK250 Diesel
In Portland OR, the dealer has the usual C300 Sport Demo, which I have driven.

The first shipload of West Coast cars arrived in LA yesterday. We took a C300 Lux from that ship [White, Blk Tex, P1, Automatic, MSRP $35k], and expect the car around 8/10-8/15.

I called the salesman about 10 days ago, and simply asked him to quote me what they had coming by way of light-colored, lightly optioned, C300 Lux automatics. He took our deposit via credit card over the phone. Of course, I've been reading everything online about this car for the past six months, so there is not much he could tell me that I don't already know.

I agree that the MBUSA website is frustrating. When they took it down Sunday, I too assumed that it was to do something about the fact that the W203 C is still the only car featured for OSD, build-it, etc. The irony about the OSD part is that, of course, you can't actually ORDER a W203 for OSD, since production ceased 5 months ago. I assume that if you tried, it would send you to the dealer, etc ad nausem.

As long as there are new W203 cars at dealerships, and as long as the OFFICIAL release date hasn't yet arrived [August 7], I doubt you're going to see much on the website. A week from now, I expect things to be different.

Incidentally, our salesman told me their ride-and-drive, and detailed intro to the W204, wasn't scheduled until August 6-7 for the Portland area.

I've been here before - we took an '84 190E from the first shipment to SF in the fall of 1983 - the last time I bought one this soon in the cycle, and the last time I paid MSRP. In that case, it was much the same [but long before the internet, of course] - not much info at the dealer, but lots of previews from the magazines. I pretty much knew what to expect from those sources, but did not actually get to drive an example before our car was delivered to us. At least you can drive and kick tires on the new one before the official intro date.

Be patient....not advice I can usually take myself...but the only thing that works.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1999 C280 Previous / 2008 E350
I agree.... Some dealers are just
Old 07-31-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2016 C63
It is unfortunate. However, there is enough information that I placed my order for a C350 last week - with a confirmed build date of Aug 10. We shall see what the info is over the next two weeks from MB regarding the uncertainties that exist.

TEAShea
from Nebraska
Old 07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
I've been tempted to place my order for a couple weeks now myself, but I just don't want to end up wishing I'd waited to get all of the info. Let's hope we get some uniform answers from everybody come Aug 7.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:19 PM

2012 ML350BTC
It's a dealer to dealer issue, and even a salesperson to salesperson issue. It's more important for some people to be able to answer any question properly, while other salespeople aren't concerned about learning everything they need to about a car that isn't even available yet. Some of this is on MBUSA's shoulders, changing demo release dates, pushing back availability of certain features (AMG Wheels, Multi-Media Package, Panorama Roofs, etc..) seemingly at a whim, but when the answers we (dealers) need are coming from MBUSA, and they change their answers on a weekly basis, it's easy for the more imformed clients to hget rubbed the wrong way.

That said, feel free to PM with any questions and will do my best to give you the latest and greatest updated information.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
Originally Posted by MBTex
well i'm still new to this new release thing, and am DEFINATELY in the market, but am growing frustrated with hearing different things from different dealers. i also got a brochure from one dealer whereas another didn't have one, so i suppose which dealership you go to might affect your whole opinion on the subject.

i wish i could get a definative answer on when the first luxury models will be available to see. it would also be really nice if i could build my own on the mbusa website.
By brochure did you mean that little pathetic thing that they gave me its like three pages long with no real info.
Old 08-01-2007, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
By brochure did you mean that little pathetic thing that they gave me its like three pages long with no real info.
That's the one...had a nice pic of the 350 interior. Too bad we can't see what it looks like in person.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E550 4MATIC
That's the one...had a nice pic of the 350 interior. Too bad we can't see what it looks like in person.
I've sat in it in person, it looks great.

Check out this thread I started for more exterior pics I took of the C350.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/198435-all-those-who-have-doubted-new-c-class.html
Old 08-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Banned

C320
I have the brochure in my hands guys. My salelady left it on the front seat of my car while it was in the shop today. It sure isn't 3 pages...

Last edited by rpayer; 08-01-2007 at 06:59 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by rpayer
I have the brochure in my hands guys. My salelady left it on the front seat of my car while it was in the shop today. It sure isn't 3 pages...
hmmmm, that sure isn't the brochure i received. what i received was a cardstock brochure with about 5 or 6 pages in it with the same pictures and info as on the mbusa website right now. i wasn't impressed, except with the interior of the 350 of course.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Banned

C320
hmmmm, that sure isn't the brochure i received. what i received was a cardstock brochure with about 5 or 6 pages in it with the same pictures and info as on the mbusa website right now. i wasn't impressed, except with the interior of the 350 of course.
This is definitely the manufactorer brochure. It has all the options, colors, and package options. It's got alot of cool stuff in it..
Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by rpayer
This is definitely the manufactorer brochure. It has all the options, colors, and package options. It's got alot of cool stuff in it..
Well that's what I want to be looking at...I'll have to stop by the dealership again and ask about it.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:51 PM

Can I see the sample color of Tenorite Grey please
Old 08-02-2007, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Originally Posted by livestrongONe
Can I see the sample color of Tenorite Grey please
check out this link

http://www2.mercedes-benz.com.au/con...asssaloon.html

it was posted by another member in another thread. it is the australian website and you can see what both the luxury and sport models look like in tenorite grey
Old 08-02-2007, 09:22 PM

I just build one and the tenorite is actully steel gray in the USA