Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > C-Class (W204)
Age's of C300/C350 Drivers >

Age's of C300/C350 Drivers

Notices
C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Age's of C300/C350 Drivers

 
Old 12-01-2007, 05:37 PM
  #1  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
PoaMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 552
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Talking Age's of C300/C350 Drivers

Well I was just wondering how *young* you ladies and gents are. Since it seems when people find out that Im 18 they... get shocked/angry or just stare with a blank expression .
So how about it?

Last edited by PoaMike; 12-02-2007 at 09:59 AM.
PoaMike is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 05:39 PM
  #2  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: North Jerzeee
Posts: 923
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus IS 350 F Sport
27 years young here
omgitselaine is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 05:46 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
tanktube67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFV CA
Posts: 4,434
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Originally Posted by poamike View Post
Well I was just wondering how *young* you ladies and gents are. Since it seems when people find out that Im 18 they... get shocked/angry or just stare with a blank expression .
So how about it?
CONGRATS! on your ride my question to you is, did your parents bought it for U?
tanktube67 is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:07 PM
  #4  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
23 duece trey here son, but i paid for it all with my own hard earned cash and didn't let daddy buy it
rb23lb is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:14 PM
  #5  
Member
 
Kieffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
I never thought that, at 43, I'd feel like the "old man" of the board! It sounds like the W204 is really helping Mercedes' goal of getting "younger" drivers into the fold.
Kieffer is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:15 PM
  #6  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 86
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C280 Avantgarde
28 in here
twinspark is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:26 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
lboudreau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 414
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
23 Here
lboudreau is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
  #8  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
cool, im driving a car intended for younger crowd.. guess i made the right choice.... highly related to the entry level price point and typical earnings of younger audience...

if s class cost the same I would prefer it over c of course (too bad not the case) gimme 5-6 years, I will be skipping e class
rb23lb is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
  #9  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Turned 24 in September, although my car is estimated to be delivered to the dealer around the 14th. It isn't quite here yet

I plan on financing it, but I am paying for it myself
alcymohol is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 06:52 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Kieffer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 201
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 Sport, 2007 ML320 CDI
It's funny, this is the first car I have owned in this "entry level" class. Previously, I have had a BMW 750iL, a BMW 850i, a Mercedes E320, and a Jaguar XJR (the 2004 new platform - still a P.O.S.). I could have afforded more, but the looks combined with the driving dynamics (and saving some money!) sold me. The E-Class looks to "old" for me. I love the S-Class on the outside, but the interior is hideous to me - that strange dashboard layout, as well as the myriad of bright chrome buttons look so strange in a Mercedes.
Kieffer is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 07:17 PM
  #11  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
PoaMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 552
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Originally Posted by tanktube67 View Post
CONGRATS! on your ride my question to you is, did your parents bought it for U?

- My "daddy" did not pay for it guys. Altho if it wasnt for his teachings and such I guess I wouldnt have it. So inturn I guess he did pay for it.But my pockets still feel a little lighter. and this thread isnt about me its about all of YOU... so get of my.... well you old people know *JUST KIDDING!*

-Mike

Last edited by PoaMike; 12-01-2007 at 09:39 PM.
PoaMike is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 09:45 PM
  #12  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
PoaMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 552
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Originally Posted by Kieffer View Post
It's funny, this is the first car I have owned in this "entry level" class. Previously, I have had a BMW 750iL, a BMW 850i, a Mercedes E320, and a Jaguar XJR (the 2004 new platform - still a P.O.S.). I could have afforded more, but the looks combined with the driving dynamics (and saving some money!) sold me. The E-Class looks to "old" for me. I love the S-Class on the outside, but the interior is hideous to me - that strange dashboard layout, as well as the myriad of bright chrome buttons look so strange in a Mercedes.

Why not wait for the C63 AMG (400+ hp, Estimated 500+ with mods.)? and I agree with the S class interior... I think its shaped after an pimped out old WWII sub or something.

-Mike
PoaMike is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
  #13  
Super Member
 
peabers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 811
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 E350 4Matic Wagon, 2013 C350 4Matic Sedan
30 here and feeling old...
peabers is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 10:44 PM
  #14  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 32
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
S63, G63 on order
30 here to
tashkent is offline  
Old 12-01-2007, 11:01 PM
  #15  
Member
 
KmanianC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 76
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Mercedes C350 Sport
23 years young here ... and loving my C350!
KmanianC is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:17 AM
  #16  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,484
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
29 for the 26th time.
JimPap is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:26 AM
  #17  
Member
 
stephensong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle, WA and Portland, OR
Posts: 198
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350 and 2003 Z4 3.0
I guess this explains why all the mod and after market part questions on this forum. I am 55 and could have purchased any number of cars; however, this C350 looks good and feels right.
stephensong is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:33 AM
  #18  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Krytech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,423
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 Ghibli S Q4 & 2008 C350
Great thread, I was going to make a poll for this the other day but did get around to it.

35 here.
Krytech is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:54 AM
  #19  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by poamike View Post
- My "daddy" did not pay for it guys. Altho if it wasnt for his teachings and such I guess I wouldnt have it. So inturn I guess he did pay for it.But my pockets still feel a little lighter. and this thread isnt about me its about all of YOU... so get of my.... well you old people know *JUST KIDDING!*

-Mike
its pretty obvious that you would not be paying for it if you are only 18.... cus unless you are a high school drug dealer making some serious chip.... or unless you have been working full time since you were 16 and not going to school... or unless you inherited money from somewhere... then your daddy would most likely buy it... unless you stole it....

so when someone drives by and gives you the look that u keep saying u are getting and seem to be proud of.... it is a look of "damn that 18 yr old kid is lucky/spoiled cus his parents just bought him a new 08 benz"

not..."damn that kid must be some big shot baller to be driving that car"
rb23lb is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 12:56 AM
  #20  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
rb23lb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,900
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOADED 08' C350 & 14' GLK-350 Diamond White (P1, MM, AMG Pkg, Ln Trkng, Htd Sts, Keylss Go)
Originally Posted by stephensong View Post
I guess this explains why all the mod and after market part questions on this forum. I am 55 and could have purchased any number of cars; however, this C350 looks good and feels right.
your sensible... no need to spend 75 G's on a car if one for 40+ does everything you need
rb23lb is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 01:17 AM
  #21  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Southeast
Posts: 1,484
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by stephensong View Post
I guess this explains why all the mod and after market part questions on this forum. I am 55 and could have purchased any number of cars; however, this C350 looks good and feels right.
I'm 55 too and would have thought that most the owners here would have been at least in their 40s. Way off on that one. I agree about the after market mods. I don't have any interest in most of them. It also explains why I'm complaining about the seats and no one else seems to be. Their backs are 30 years newer. lol
JimPap is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 01:33 AM
  #22  
Almost a Member!
 
cgarcia0638's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 330i
I'm 18 also. My parents did in fact buy me my car by paying the insurance, the down payment and subsequent monthly payments. There is not a day that goes by that I do not thank my lucky stars that I am as fortunate as I am.I realize that it is such a privilege to be driving a luxury car which many people would love to have. As a result, I strive to maintain a very good driving record and to not loose my parents trust. I am currently enrolled in The University of Miami to further my education so that someday I may god-willing be able to purchase fully my own Mercedes-Benz. Again, I love my car and treat others with respect and dignity with the utmost humility.
cgarcia0638 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 03:10 AM
  #23  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 70
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
28.

Slowly making transition from american->japanese->german
spotless is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 AM
  #24  
Almost a Member!
 
cgarcia0638's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 25
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 BMW 330i
Originally Posted by spotless View Post
28.

Slowly making transition from american->japanese->german
Welcome to the fold my friend.
cgarcia0638 is offline  
Old 12-02-2007, 10:06 AM
  #25  
Super Member
Thread Starter
 
PoaMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 552
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 (W204) w/ MM, P1, & 18"amg's
Originally Posted by rb23lb View Post
its pretty obvious that you would not be paying for it if you are only 18.... cus unless you are a high school drug dealer making some serious chip.... or unless you have been working full time since you were 16 and not going to school... or unless you inherited money from somewhere... then your daddy would most likely buy it... unless you stole it....

so when someone drives by and gives you the look that u keep saying u are getting and seem to be proud of.... it is a look of "damn that 18 yr old kid is lucky/spoiled cus his parents just bought him a new 08 benz"

not..."damn that kid must be some big shot baller to be driving that car"
Why is everyone so focused on my financal situation? And ^ Im not a drug dealer lmao. Database management is a lucrative line of work. Also I could care less what people think about when they see me. STOP TALKING ABOUT ME!!

P.S.Is there anyway I can change this into a poll?

-Mike
PoaMike is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Age's of C300/C350 Drivers


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: