C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

W204 used in the new A4 commercial!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
528i, GLK
wassup with all these flares? Competition is good, Audi claims it spend over 1 billion dollar and 3years research on the new a4. I like the new A4, amused by the R8 LED lights and standard quattro (now 40:60) on all models. There is no argument this is better than previous generation of A4.

So why all these "hate" posts? New A4 will only keep Merc and BMW on their toes, Options, Options, Options.... In the end its all good...

Last edited by webada; 08-13-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:06 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by amanonfire
JD Powers only means something if you're leasing a car for the first few years, those of us interested in keeping a car longer know better. The IQS is only 90 days into ownership, and the VDC is 3 years into ownership. The majority of the problems on the W203 only surfaced after 4 years of ownership, and wouldn't even register on JD Powers.
So you agree then, at the very least, that for the first 3 years, MB's are more reliable than Audi's. Good to know.

Then again, the W204 is selling well, so perhaps MB is on the mark with bland styling and plastic interiors, pricing the W204 low to attract bargain basement shoppers that will overlook this to have the 3-pointed star.
Sounds like a bitter Audi employee! Too bad you were one of those bargain basement shoppers who bought a w203. You probably don't even own a Mercedes.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by webada
wassup with all these flares? Competition is good, Audi claims it spend over 1 billion dollar and 3years research on the new a4. I like the new A4, amused by the R8 LED lights and standard quattro (now 40:60) on all models. There is no argument this is better than previous generation of A4.

So why all these "hate" posts? New A4 will only keep Merc and BMW on their toes, Options, Options, Options.... In the end its all good...

I actually like the new audi, but it just comes down to how the argument is presented. You can either promote the goods about audi, or bash on the competitors. As this is a Mercedes w204 forum, bashing isn't a good way to get people to listen or be sympathetic. This topic was all fine and good when both parties were talking about how much they enjoyed the look of their respected vehicles, but when it degenerated to shameless bashing on opposing vehicles, that's when enough was enough. And yes, you're right. We need Audi and BMW and MB to keep pushing each other to make leaps and bounds in improvements. Friendly competition is good. Spiteful competition isn't.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W203
Originally Posted by wblynch
To Mr. A Man On Fire,

Your personal vendetta against Mercedes won't prevent a single sale of a W204. It's turning out to be a popular car and selling well.

I'm sure there are enough W202's or W203's out there to keep their fans supplied for many years if that's their preference.

I personally don't care how poor an experience you had, as my personal experience with a W203 has been very satisfying. I am quite pleased with my W204. I understand no car is perfect, even a Toyota or Honda.

If you don't care for W204 then please make us happier and go hang out at a forum dedicated to the vehicle that you do care for.
You are incorrect.
I won't buy another. So it has affected a single sale.

Remember, this thread is about the B8 and W204, so I am entitled to my opinion on either. If it doesn't make you happy, that's your own problem. There is a "block" button if you don't happen to enjoy my comments, or request to move this thread to OT, where all the Audi supporters can have their say without the W204 owners becoming resentful "its in their forum".
Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM

W203
Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
So you agree then, at the very least, that for the first 3 years, MB's are more reliable than Audi's. Good to know.

Sounds like a bitter Audi employee! Too bad you were one of those bargain basement shoppers who bought a w203. You probably don't even own a Mercedes.
No I don't agree with JD Powers at all. When Hummer ranks low cause the #1 complaint is "gas mileage" on a vehicle that is knowingly a gas guzzler, I don't think very highly of the people that rate these cars. That's why JD Powers doesn't break down the ratings, and we turn to forums to find out what actually breaks in the first 3 years.

I bought my W203 foolishly on the reliability of the W202, and on the interior styling compared with the complicated B6/7 A4, awful E46 325, and plastic-y G35.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:42 PM

W203
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
But you're bashing the w204 with no established history yet. w204 is a completely different car than w203 so sins of the father don't apply.
Its not, it borrows tech from the w203.
I think you're being pretty harsh here...overly so. w204 is NOT terrible styling. If you like the audi styling more than the mercedes...that's fine. Everyone has their own personal tastes. This statement makes you a jackass.... especially on this forum.
Go the W203 forum, there was lots of initial comments about the W204 styling being awful - from Mercedes owners on a Mercedes forums.

Jackass will get you reported. I'll gladly start calling names if that's the way you wish to argue.
Why are you even on the w204 or mercedes board in the first place? Do you really have nothing better to do than troll a mercedes enthusiast board bashing the brand? You own a w203 so obviously you enjoyed the brand at some point, but it seems that fire has burned out for you. Everyone here loves mercedes and we love our w204. Does it have flaws? yes. So does every single car out there. We'll defend it cause we own it, just like you'd defend a member of your family regardless of their faults. I'm pretty sure everyone is fed up with you by now.
I'm pretty sure you're fed up with me, don't speak for everyone else, since you tried previously only to find out there's other W204 members that think the B8 interior is better than the W204.

So you've been wrong once, please don't start a trend.

I still enjoy the brand, why do you think I'm here. I lenjoy following another thread where someone is putting a gorgeous C63 body kit on the otherwise ugly W204. Its too bad W204 members are bashing that member - in their own forum! What happened to the universal W204 love you're preaching?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
15 Mercedes C400, 12 Mercedes C250 coupe
lol i'm glad i took my "way out" on this thread...
we all must be crazy.... *sarcasm*

the new A4 is not even widely available yet, and nor is it as "common" as the W204, what makes u think it wont have it's share of initial problems just like any other first-gen car. We get your point, we get that u dont like the W204, u said it, time to move on to audi forums... u can bash us there.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:44 PM

2008 c350 SG - 2004 c240 Wagon BS
There is a "block" button if you don't happen to enjoy my comments
Ah, my life is much more peaceful now that I've pressed that button.

Thank you for the advice as I've not noticed that function before.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM

W203
Originally Posted by webada

Cause certain members cannot handle criticism of their own car and think a forum should protect them from the criticism of others, while they are free to criticize.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by wblynch
Ah, my life is much more peaceful now that I've pressed that button.

Thank you for the advice as I've not noticed that function before.
thanks, i didnt know it was there either. problem solved
Old 08-13-2008, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
amanonfire, I made a comment about the Audi having a nice interior, that doesnt mean I agree with you. Now you are using guys like me dto defend your self. It seems you are a Jackass, cus you dont seem to let it go. Your the one that keeps bashing the W204 and you dont even own one. Sorry you bought a W203 that caused problems but you think MB spent 8 yrs building the same car? What do you know about the W204 to say that it share the same tech as the W203. You really thing these cars are the same
Go get your Audi and enjoy its interior, you will have lots of time to oggle the dash when your audi breaks down on the side of the road.

Audi still needs more pompose people to buy there still chasing MB and BMW cars. But I will say they are definitly the nicest VW on the road.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
I like the Audi's interior more than the W204.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:19 PM

2008 C300 Sport
where's the block button?
Old 08-13-2008, 04:20 PM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by AsianML
looks nice from the pix but wouldn't know until i actually sat in one and start feeling it..... (boy that sounds perverted)
Old 08-13-2008, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by mb_horseshoe
where's the block button?
it's more like an ignore list, click on his name and go to his profile and "add to ignore list"
Old 08-13-2008, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AsianML
i agree it does look nice, but dont think that ppl ever got all hostile at that opinion.... it's the dude's attitude.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:36 PM

2008 C300 Sport
Thanks. Ironically, I really like the new A4 over the old A4 - it's too bad Audi has this guy running his mouth the way he is (he's obviously an employee). I think he's bitter cause he drives around in a car he doesn't like. lol.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by angeloxnet
i agree it does look nice, but dont think that ppl ever got all hostile at that opinion.... it's the dude's attitude.
yeah, I've freely admitted that the A4 interior looks nice and have stated that Audi was a close second when I was looking to buy. They both have nice interior and just comes down to personal taste. NEITHER of them are terrible ugly.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:44 PM

528i, GLK
Originally Posted by drevil2k2
I am doing the opposite of the commercial - moving out of an A4 and into the C300. In Canada, I found the pricing of the C300 very competitive. Audi has not released their pricing yet for the B8 and the sports model won't be released in Canada until Oct/Nov.

Yes I like the new B8 vs the B6/7 A4: LEDs, Bang & Olufsen stereo option as well as paddle shifters option, adaptive drive option, extra torque and better fuel efficiency.
congrats on your new purchase. I actually just did a configuration of a similar optioned A4 2.0 plus with navigation, compared with c300, 4matic, p2/mm. A4 is about 2k cheaper. 43k vs 41k. now, i didn't go line by line and compare every feature but it seems like Audi is taking c300 head on in the pricing department.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:02 PM

528i, GLK

Apparently MB did its homework on the W203 too, so why should we believe the W204 will be any different.
Yes, after 6 years of making the W203 all the issues were ironed out. Yet the W202 was bullet-proof, so if we're to judge based on the previous model, the W203 should have been a success. It wasn't, so please don't preach.
Dude, that's a bit hypocritical, same logic can be apply, shouldn't judge the car based on previous model? hmmmm... Exactly!

I'm not defending Audi, I'm bashing Mercedes. Terrible styling combined with terrible reliability, and the introduction of a new model is a recipe for disaster. Good luck, hope you bought the extended warranty.
Styling is a matter of opinion, w204 looks great <--- my opinion.

Reliability, no one can say, using your logic of "don't judge a car based on previous model" who knows about w204, we'll just have to wait and see.

Recipe for disaster for who? MB or owner? both seems to be happy, MB selling more C than ever and owners on this board are generally happy, I don't see any class action suit being formed...

but boy, you sound like the bitter guy from www.bmwlemon.com....

the fact of matter is, your opinions are primarily based on your personal experience with w203, a horrible one it seems. But what did you expect coming to the w204 forum and start bashing it without basis? You don't even own one. Lots of happy w204 owners will obviously disagree. Your opinions are just that, opinions. My experiences with majority of the members on this forum tells me they will respect that. But, you seemly trying to present them as facts, dismissing any disagreement as delusional benz wanna-be owners (perhaps that how you got burn?)

Last edited by webada; 08-13-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:27 PM

I own 2008 C-350 2008 E-350 2005 C -230 Kompressor 2006 FORd F-350 6.0
Talking Listen to me W204 owners ok almost caused me a divorce and almost went crazy

Here's some major problems with the previous w203, so you can expect similar with the w204 if MB continues the course:

- cylinder head failure: sticking valves
- oil leak into wiring harness: bad seals in sensors
- vacuum leaks: hoses that rot with oil
- coolant leak into transmission: cheap rad
- bushing replaced in control/thurst arms, endlinks: bad design
- air conditioning leak: cheap condenser
- fuel pump and fuel sensor problems
- rust: early models were not adequately rust proofed

If you think you're buying into MB reliability, you're wrong. MBs record on the w203 is worse than the B7, so both the w204 and B8 might be lemons.

I learned my lesson with the w203 - never buy the first year of ANY model or engine - unless you plan on buying an extended waranty
Now does all this matter .. I drove many years consumer reports high rated car like honda acura. Did i have problem in the first 3 years yes. Transmission failure, radiator, battery, windows so on even thou consumer reports ranks em high the hpa car they still suck and break even if there new. Last one is my 07 acura Rl 5000 mile power steering pump change. After all this i wanted to get a new car.I spent one year driving cars at dealers testing them going by consumer reports rating did i liek the cars i drove no . But had high rating my wife went nuts wondering what car i get. Cause me a divorce to the point almost. Finally i went with what looks i like i said wow mercedes did i test the car no way consumer reports did nt rate them high, I was forced to drive one. After i drove it i fell in love. At the end of the day do you know if tomorrow the girl you date or married is gonna be there with you for ever no one can know . But you choose to be with her right living the moment.WHat im saying why worry four years from now enjoy the moment with your car to the max. Worry when something comes up. You dont know if on your way to work someone run s a stop sign and kills you in the act. Why worry no one has no clue if we wil be here tomorrow or not .Worry about today how much you enjoyed your w204 with your love one wife friend dog or who ever. Picture the moment prasie it hold it live it too the max with your car.Why worry if it will last worry about what you gonna do with it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had mine in for weekend use only never drove it . NOw i drive it dailly i live it to the max,,, So lets all give this up and talk about what you did withyour W204:p :

Lets all have fun with our W204 and tell our story

Last edited by ATSOBE; 08-13-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:41 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2013 BMW 328i
Originally Posted by GDawgC220
The 2.0T will have 211hp/258lb-ft. The 3.2 FSI will have 265hp/243lb-ft. Tests for the 3.2 have put it at 5.7s 0-60. They are working on a new supercharged 3.0 engine that will be in the re-designed A6 coming out in a year or two and will probably trickle down into the A4. The 3.0TFSI has 290hp/310lb-ft. As well as a higher output for the new S4 with the same engine.

from what i read it will be the next S4 engine, but wont replace the 3.2.

Only bmw, in america doesnt have that middle NA engine. in europe its 325, 330 , 335i.

just they apparently do not think there is a big enough gap between the 328 and 335.

who knows maybe mercedes will make a turbo 3.0 engine also.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'05 A4 1.8TQM6
Originally Posted by hans007
from what i read it will be the next S4 engine, but wont replace the 3.2.

Only bmw, in america doesnt have that middle NA engine. in europe its 325, 330 , 335i.

just they apparently do not think there is a big enough gap between the 328 and 335.

who knows maybe mercedes will make a turbo 3.0 engine also.
The supercharged will make it into the next A6 for sure. I mentioned it would probably trickle down to the A4 at some point as with most engines through the model lines. The S4 will have a higher output than 290hp/310lb-ft, from what I read mid to high 300s..

EDIT: Looks like Audi bumped up the power for the new 3.0TFSI engine to 300hp/310lb-ft.

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...ter_4223.shtml

Slight side topic
Old 08-14-2008, 09:18 AM

W203
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
amanonfire, I made a comment about the Audi having a nice interior, that doesnt mean I agree with you. Now you are using guys like me dto defend your self. It seems you are a Jackass, cus you dont seem to let it go. Your the one that keeps bashing the W204 and you dont even own one. Sorry you bought a W203 that caused problems but you think MB spent 8 yrs building the same car? What do you know about the W204 to say that it share the same tech as the W203. You really thing these cars are the same

Go get your Audi and enjoy its interior, you will have lots of time to oggle the dash when your audi breaks down on the side of the road.
Let it go, why should I when you throw out comments like the last statement? If you want me to let it go, set the example, don't be a hypocrite and call me out then expect me not to say anything.

MB is selling more than ever cause its a new model, look at the sales numbers when the W203 was introduced.

Do you really think your W204 shares no tech in common with my W203?

Have fun with loaners! Hope you have the extended warranty.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:20 AM

W203
Originally Posted by ATSOBE
Lets all have fun with our W204 and tell our story
LOL then ask a mod to delete this thread, since if we cannot bash the W204 in the W204 forum, where potential buyers can read about it - why should Audi bashing be permitted either?

Lets all play nice right? hold hands around the campfire and sing Kumbaya

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: W204 used in the new A4 commercial!