C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Can Annoying Seat Belt Noise Be Turned Off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W204 Sport 350
Can Annoying Seat Belt Noise Be Turned Off

Yes I know it's the law and it saves lives but sometimes I just don't feel like wearing it but that annoying noise is just too much. Anyone know if this can be turned off thru the dealer or by me. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-04-2008, 11:15 AM

Received 101 Likes on 50 Posts
2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by Finestatus
Yes I know it's the law and it saves lives but sometimes I just don't feel like wearing it but that annoying noise is just too much. Anyone know if this can be turned off thru the dealer or by me. Thanks in advance!
Your an idiot, are you going to scrape your face off the street when you crash?
Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 AM

W204 Sport 350
Thank you for your concern...
Old 09-04-2008, 11:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2013 C300 Sport Black Darth V3.0
I dought if it can be turned off even by the dealer. Try buckling the strap and sitting on it not comfortable but no BING.

And not to lecture but you should buckle up I had a girlfriend who broke her neck because she wasn't strapped in meanwhile I walked away with no injuries and the truck hit my side of the car.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:31 AM

2022 GLE450
Thank you for your concern...

Go to your local firehouse or police station and ask, maybe they will give you a few stories that will change your mind
Old 09-04-2008, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
c300 sport
dude the mb seat belt alarm is so much better than some other ones. it's a helluva lot quieter.

my dad's camry is the most abnoxious and loud alarm i've heard.. the one in my accord was pretty terrible as well.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:55 AM

08-C350 black/black
find an extra seatbelt clip and stick it in...migght work....it is somewhat annpying if ur just taking short trips...
Old 09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by aprince2die4
it is somewhat annpying if ur just taking short trips...
Statistics reflect that most car accidents happen within 1.4 miles from home.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI

Just buckle up......it's the law
Old 09-04-2008, 01:00 PM

C-300, XC70, Wrangler
Having hung upside down in an inverted car, with only the seat belt keeping me from having banged about inside the destroyed cabin, I am a firm believer in seat belts. When I finally dropped (released the belt) I discovered a rather large crease in the roof directly over the driver's seat. Had the belt not been in use ... well I wouldn't have to think about that anymore ;-)

WEAR THE BELT. A L W A Y S

(I even wear mine backing the car out of the garage so I can use the space for wood working, etc. I leave the doors open, but the seat belt is fastened.)
Old 09-04-2008, 02:07 PM

2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by Azn_C300

:
DELETE THIS THREAD
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
to OP.. the answer is no one knows.

Everyone is just interested in giving you a piece of their mind.

I ride with my belt on all the time, but sometimes in a parking lot, or garage to street to park, whatever it's nice to not have to.

As for the advice on shorting the sensor with a belt buckle or cutting wires (not mentioned) don't. The airbag system senss whether the belts are on - and if you faked it out, it will think on and deploy bag more gently - which is not correct in that situation.

In any case, to each their own - everyone else quit preachin or become a priest. If he wants to die/get ticketed/be paralyzed hey, his deal.

Also - the dealer "CAN" disable the alarm, however they will not. They'd have to switch your car to a different country code and that would do it. You'll never find one that will take on that liability though.

P
Old 09-04-2008, 02:57 PM

W204 Sport 350
Thank you to everyone for posting your concerns...though if I knew I'd be bashed for posting this, I woukd have passed. I was just asking a simple question. That's all! And to "Hutch" a special thanks to you for taking time out of your day to post on this thread. As requested...PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Originally Posted by jstaneff
Having hung upside down in an inverted car, with only the seat belt keeping me from having banged about inside the destroyed cabin, I am a firm believer in seat belts. When I finally dropped (released the belt) I discovered a rather large crease in the roof directly over the driver's seat. Had the belt not been in use ... well I wouldn't have to think about that anymore ;-)

WEAR THE BELT. A L W A Y S

(I even wear mine backing the car out of the garage so I can use the space for wood working, etc. I leave the doors open, but the seat belt is fastened.)
+1 me too in a Toyota many years ago after I was minding my own business and a truck hit me - all I had was a broken ankle
Old 09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'10 E63 Obsidiant Black; '06 R350 Alabaster White; 05 C55 Obsidiant Black (sold)
It can be turned off by the dealer.
Mine was off from the factory, and i had the dealer turning it on for me.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Thank you to everyone for posting your concerns...though if I knew I'd be bashed for posting this, I woukd have passed. I was just asking a simple question. That's all! And to "Hutch" a special thanks to you for taking time out of your day to post on this thread. As requested...PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!
Sorry, not to flame you or anything, but it was really this statement "sometimes I just don't feel like wearing it" that irked me. Why wouldn't you want to keep safe? Sure you can go at slow speeds, but that doesn't mean someone else isn't gonna come at you full speed.

I'm sure there's a way to disable the beeping sound, but I doubt dealerships would do it for you.

We're just looking out for a fellow forum member by showing tough love
Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 PM

2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
Sorry, not to flame you or anything, but it was really this statement "sometimes I just don't feel like wearing it" that irked me. Why wouldn't you want to keep safe? Sure you can go at slow speeds, but that doesn't mean someone else isn't gonna come at you full speed.

I'm sure there's a way to disable the beeping sound, but I doubt dealerships would do it for you.

We're just looking out for a fellow forum member by showing tough love

Its more about the people who have to clean up the mess, I think police and fire deserve respect, and its a hard enough job already, if it only affected the driver or pasanger with no seat belt I would not care, but thats not the case.

Seatbelts save lives, if our cars didn't have them I bet it would be on the mod list, just use it, its easy.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Almost a Member!

C350, ML350

Originally Posted by hutch300
Your an idiot, are you going to scrape your face off the street when you crash?
WTF? One of the most retarded reponse, how rude!!!
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Noise level

Originally Posted by Lakerz4sho
dude the mb seat belt alarm is so much better than some other ones. it's a helluva lot quieter.

my dad's camry is the most abnoxious and loud alarm i've heard.. the one in my accord was pretty terrible as well.
Theoretically Camry people are dumber and more clueless than MB people but in this case, well............

People that fail to use the available safety equipment just amaze me. Unless one is a 500 pounder, there is NEVER a reason not to buckle up. And in my state, it is a VERY expensive ticket.

And then, there is contributory negligence after an accident.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:05 PM
GGM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 E350
If you had searched the forums before posting, you would have seen that every time this same question gets posted, the flames begin. I'm surprised you didn't get flamed with the STFF posts (Search The *** Forum). Especially since you are a newbie.

That said, welcome to the forums. If you use the search function, you will find that many times your question has already been asked and answered. This will get you an answer quicker than waiting for someone to tell you to search or for someone to take the time to answer your question. Just some friendly advice.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:17 AM

W204
Simple way to do it is put on the seat belt and then sit on it.. No more sound etc.. but yeah like what everybody said.. Dangerous...
Old 09-06-2008, 12:10 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

One last bit of advice

Originally Posted by KingRichard
Simple way to do it is put on the seat belt and then sit on it.. No more sound etc.. but yeah like what everybody said.. Dangerous...
Finestatus:

I see women doing this occasionally so they wont crease their gowns. Or something.

As to all the yelling at you, I think we are all trying to break you of this habit of not buckling up every time because the consequences of not doing so can be so catastrophic and we understand that. And not because it's the law because I wore seatbelts well before it became compulsory.

My guess is you have never known anyone who suffered a head injury in an accident. Well, I have and it is not pretty. You strike your head on something and you can very likely be affected for the rest of your life. Even if you eventually recover, nothing will ever be the same (including your personality which only your friends and family will notice) Your earning capacity could be reduced or eliminated entirely and all of the things you do now that require physical ability and/or quick thinking will likely be seriously compromised.

And don't be one of those fools who think "Well, I'll just brace myself" or something similar.

Let me tell you, when it happens, it happens so fast that it will be over before your brain can process it.

Long ago, I had a "little" accident with an airplane that put me in the hospital for the afternoon and demolished the airplane. And when the last 10 feet of forward progress suddenly ceased with an almighty impact, it was over in seconds and I was out cold. There were unfortunately no shoulder harnesses and so I wiped my face down the panel with all it's knobs and switches doing my face no good at all. Had I and my passenger been properly restrained in modern belts, things would have turned out better but here I am anyway.

So when I hear someone say they don't always use the belts, I cannot keep quiet.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:16 AM
Almost a Member!

2008 C350 | White | P2 | Pano
Is there not a censor under the seat that can be unplugged like other cars?
Old 09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Censor

Originally Posted by PhaseNine
Is there not a censor under the seat that can be unplugged like other cars?
Actually, this forum could use a censor once in a while.

No there is no sensor to be disabled and if you unplug any part of the restraint system you will get a warning light and a stored code. And when the light is on the entire system is off, airbags and all.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
I like pouring water on sodium so to keep the thread going... lol

Don't do it through any sensor in the seat (yes there is one, but it's not presence, but weight - think about it... there will NEVER be a situation when there is no occupant detected and when the bags will be deployed DUH).

Don't do it through the sensor in the belt buckle - if you do, the airbag force is modified.

There is only ONE true way to do this - with the computer, hooked up to the car. You will need to convince someone who has one (dealer has one of course) to change the coding for you, or someone else may have a "click your heels five times while holding the mute button and clucking your tongue" type thing -- which is possible, all Ford vehicles have that sort of thing.)

All the rest of you, again, quit preaching please.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can Annoying Seat Belt Noise Be Turned Off