C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C Class (W204) Re-Sale Value?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
C Class (W204) Re-Sale Value?

Hey Guyz,

I might be planning on trading my 2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic for the new Mercedes GLK. And was wondering what do guys think the value would be. Also would it be a good decision to change over to the GLK or would I loose a lot in the end? How much is the GLK starting in Canada?
Offers of my C:
-Heated Seats
-MB Texture Leather
-Navigation
-Keyless Go
-Sunroof
-Tinted Windows
-Tenorite Grey Metallic Paint
-Sports Package
-About 6,000Km's

All I can think of. It hasn't had it first oil change yet but going to be soon.
Thanx
Old 11-05-2008, 10:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
So your car has the Nav pack but no Premium pack?
Do you have the rear window shade, 10 way memory seats and Power steering column? This is all part of Premium package.

Your leather seats, are you talking about the upgraded leather or standard?
You have Keyless-go on an 08 C300 4matic?

The 300 never came with an option for Keyless-go, not in 08 anyway.

Heated seats, sunroof and sport package are standard.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:02 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Value

Originally Posted by UR2SLO
Hey Guyz,

I might be planning on trading my 2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic for the new Mercedes GLK. And was wondering what do guys think the value would be. Also would it be a good decision to change over to the GLK or would I loose a lot in the end? How much is the GLK starting in Canada?
Offers of my C:
-Heated Seats
-MB Texture Leather
-Navigation
-Keyless Go
-Sunroof
-Tinted Windows
-Sports Package
-About 6,000Km's

Thanx
Your car's trade in value is less than dealer cost on a new one. And right now, my dealer has a C300 Sport with 18's from $6000 off the sticker.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 PM

ML
Originally Posted by 451/443=EW
So your car has the Nav pack but no Premium pack?
Do you have the rear window shade, 10 way memory seats and Power steering column? This is all part of Premium package.

Your leather seats, are you talking about the upgraded leather or standard?
You have Keyless-go on an 08 C300 4matic?

The 300 never came with an option for Keyless-go, not in 08 anyway.

Heated seats, sunroof and sport package are standard.
Yes it's an 2008 model and has keyless go

The standard leather seats I think its called Mb Tex

I don't have the premium package just navigation

I took over someone else' s order. Reason why I am asking the value is that my local car trader does not show any 08 C Class's listed only dealer new listings.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:20 PM

ML
Originally Posted by RLE
Your car's trade in value is less than dealer cost on a new one. And right now, my dealer has a C300 Sport with 18's from $6000 off the sticker.
Wow maybe a States thing
Old 11-05-2008, 11:21 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Tex

<<Yes it's an 2008 model and has keyless go. The standard leather seats I think its called Mb Tex.>>

MB Tex is vinyl. Leather is leather.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:22 PM
Almost a Member!

C350 black/black
Originally Posted by UR2SLO
Hey Guyz,

Offers of my C:
-Heated Seats
-MB Texture Leather
-Navigation
-Keyless Go
-Sunroof
-Tinted Windows
-Sports Package
-About 6,000Km's

Thanx
If economy is bad upthere like down south, you would loose alot if you want to trade in. My quote for my trade in was $29K and my car has p2, mm, and ipod and has only 800 miles on it. I don;t think it is a good idea to trade in now.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:24 PM

ML
Originally Posted by cuoinon07
If economy is bad upthere like down south, you would loose alot if you want to trade in. My quote for my trade in was $29K and my car has p2, mm, and ipod and has only 800 miles on it. I don;t think it is a good idea to trade in now.
I dont know much about the prices in the States 29K? how much did you pay? Well I have the time to wait no rush. GLK's aren't out where I am. Yeah I know that any dealer rips customers off when doing a trade in. Would probably be doing a private sale. If I loose a lot selling the car I would most likely end up keeping it sadly. But then it won't stay stock for long and would be keeping it for 5+ years

Last edited by UR2SLO; 11-05-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
To get right to the point, your going to lose your *** on trade in. I'm sure if this thread stays up towards the top for awhile, other posters will chime in and tell you just how shocked they were when they got quotes back from their dealerships for trade in. The fact of the matter is the C class is rated at below average for resale value according to Kelly Blue Book. It ranks lower than both the BMW 3 series and the Audi A4, keep in mind thats for the older models, both the 3 and A4 have newly redesigned cars for 2009.

If your thinking of getting a GLK, I would strongly suggest waiting a full model year and at that point either grabbing a left over or just taking advantage of a lower price. I learned my lesson with buying my 2008 C class, I got it near the start of the 4matic launch and paid close to window sticker. Then about about two months ago I was at my dealership looking at left over C classes and they had plenty of colors and options to choose from still, all at $5k - $10k less than what I paid for mine depending on the options. Just to give you an idea, the sticker on my car was $38k and some change for a p1 car, and I could have gotten a p1 car with nav for $32k if I would have waited for a left over.

2009 C class prices have went up $1k, but the discounts offered right now are pretty nice, so even if you were to wait a model year on a GLK you would still be saving money once the hype of the new model wears off. You also benefit from letting others find and work out all the growing pains of a new model.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:20 AM

ML
Originally Posted by chilledbenz
To get right to the point, your going to lose your *** on trade in. I'm sure if this thread stays up towards the top for awhile, other posters will chime in and tell you just how shocked they were when they got quotes back from their dealerships for trade in. The fact of the matter is the C class is rated at below average for resale value according to Kelly Blue Book. It ranks lower than both the BMW 3 series and the Audi A4, keep in mind thats for the older models, both the 3 and A4 have newly redesigned cars for 2009.

If your thinking of getting a GLK, I would strongly suggest waiting a full model year and at that point either grabbing a left over or just taking advantage of a lower price. I learned my lesson with buying my 2008 C class, I got it near the start of the 4matic launch and paid close to window sticker. Then about about two months ago I was at my dealership looking at left over C classes and they had plenty of colors and options to choose from still, all at $5k - $10k less than what I paid for mine depending on the options. Just to give you an idea, the sticker on my car was $38k and some change for a p1 car, and I could have gotten a p1 car with nav for $32k if I would have waited for a left over.

2009 C class prices have went up $1k, but the discounts offered right now are pretty nice, so even if you were to wait a model year on a GLK you would still be saving money once the hype of the new model wears off. You also benefit from letting others find and work out all the growing pains of a new model.
Good info, I was thinking of getting rid of it because of it still being new. In the start I was going to get the ML350 but the dealer refused my offer so I was left with the C. The only new suv's I would be looking into would be the BMW X1- Audi Q5- Mercedes GLK for now. Also anyone know how much the GLK is starting at in Canada? I was the same as you too I got mine when it first came out I was one of the first to own it in my area
Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Originally Posted by chilledbenz

That's like comparing apples and hand granades. New model at beginning of model year to a left over during an economic downturn.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:55 AM

2010 E63
I just went back to the same dealer here on SoCAL that I bought my car from and asked how much they would give me for it now, and they told me $30K!

Keep in mind that the MSRP was in the mid $40's, although I got the car for around $37,500. As for the stats, I have a 2008 C350 with every option on the car, and the car is only 3 months old with 3K miles on it. I was quite surprised to hear how much the value took a hit. I thought I would have a little better resale value considering the car is still basically brand new, and the options that are included. I know that the Benz have poor resale value, this was a bigger hit in a shorter period of time then I would have thought. Then again, this is my first German car, as opposed to Japanese cars, and I really do not have a point of reference.

My two cents!
Old 11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Don't forget, fewer new cars will be sold this year than anytime in the last three or four decades. The used car market is taking almost as big a hit. Until things pick up, it is a losing proposition to try to dump most any car unless it gets about 40mpg...still laughing about the early '90s Geo Metros selling for 2K recently...they only cost about 6K new...that's pretty sweet resale value.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:15 PM

MB C350 2007 Full options
Last week went to the dealer for a E63 AMG and he offered 65000,- euro for my car and my car is now a year and bought it for 85000,- euro.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:43 PM
KA8

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
You're going to get raped when you trade in a fairly new car at dealers. This applies even when economy is good.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 PM

c300
Just a few weeks ago I tried to trade my C300 sport in on an E350 because there were a lot of incentives going on. I figured maybe I could do some bargain hunting with this being the last year of the E350, it being the last part of the month, E class incentives, crappy economy. No such luck. Neither of the MB dealers in this town wanted to touch my car with a 10' pole.

Low end of auction values, $24k. And then they were even trying to keep a lot of incentive money on their end ... one salesman going so far as to admit that they had to keep a lot of it to protect themselves on my trade since they expected to loose a lot on it.
Old 11-07-2008, 02:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
W205 C400
Originally Posted by ococ
Last week went to the dealer for a E63 AMG and he offered 65000,- euro for my car and my car is now a year and bought it for 85000,- euro.
Thats normal here, the first year you lose about 25 - 30%

The best way to change your car is about 3 or 4 years here in The Netherlands.

Last edited by Petje; 11-07-2008 at 02:48 AM.