C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

C350 with C63 Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R8
Originally Posted by german-anger
Anything we can think of, someone else has already beaten us to it!
Old 12-14-2008, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Originally Posted by SuperDavid
As soon I change the Piping, the wheels, and add a little HP with Nitro (I did before in a M3 2004). Only a persons that can see details of the hood and fenders and it is very difficult a more than 30 feets. The sound is very similar with same piping (C63). If somebody need more information let me know.
Good luck with your project!

...I think.
Old 12-14-2008, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Mercedes C300 4Matic
How much was each part? Mainly the front bumper and the foams. Whats the basic carrier? Thanks for posting the part numbers

I finished this project (Bumper C63) yesterday and was done in two weeks, the bumper is original MB C63,p/n:20488551259999, but was modified in each side, because is 1/2" more wide, the bumber has three foams, the center foam is the same of the C350, but the left and right was swap with C63, the bottom grille were replaced p/n:2048850553 2048850653 2048850453. The basic carrier was replaced p/n 2048852865.
The Foams Reinforcement were change left 2048850516 and rt 2048850616. The grille was replace two time, the only grille that fix is the original p/n:2048801083 lower, 2048800983 upper part and Stay for radiator grill 2048850336.

Diffusor P/n:2048854525, need two brackets for the installation lt. bracket 2048852314 and rt. bracket 2048852414. The diffusor was painted in Carbon Fiber, yes PAINTED. The roof or wing spoiler is aftermarked.

As you see, I spent many hours and try and error to find the correct parts to see a C350 as C63, but is the only one in the world. I share these quality)
Next step, replace the piping C63, sounds greate, I replaced in one C300, only small modification is necessary.information with everybody that want to do the same, without many hours in try and error, here I show you the receipt.
I will send more picture for details (but with better quality)
Old 12-14-2008, 11:59 PM

W204 C300
Why try so hard to make a C350 to 'look' like a C63? Don't front without the deep pockets. Its so easy to tell a regular C350 from a C63. People next to you will look at you and laugh not admire your C63 'look' mercedes. Did you put the M3 badge on the BMW too? lol
Old 12-15-2008, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
E550 4MATIC
I'm not trying to be mean, I just will never understand. These parts could not be cheap. So if you're starting with a loaded C350 you're talking almost $50K. Between the C350 and the upgrade parts you could have been close to a C63.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by pmb600
I'm not trying to be mean, I just will never understand. These parts could not be cheap. So if you're starting with a loaded C350 you're talking almost $50K. Between the C350 and the upgrade parts you could have been close to a C63.
That's what I'm wondering. From the dealer these parts would cost nearly 5-10 grand. Unless he got a really good deal on the parts I don't see why he wouldn't buy the C63 instead. Unless where he's from the C63 is ridiculously over priced.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:01 AM

C350 2008
Hello, everybody this project is challange for me, I am Mechanical Engineer. first I spend less of $4K with shop installation, I live in PR and here the TAX for car is very high. I paid for a C350 with P2, CD changer of 6 $54,200 and the price for C63 here is $92K and $99K with performance package. I saw the oportunity to upgrade the car with original parts NO Aftermarkets parts.
The diffusor is original PAINTED in Carbon Fiber LOOKS GREAT !!!, some of my friend spent $800 only for front lip (Carlsson) + installation. If you see the car, you will do the same. Now you have all the parts necessary to swap the bumper. this way you will save a lot of hours in try and error (FREE). Believe was not easy. All the parts were bought in Fort Laudelrdale, FL. (They have a good price) for example the front cover bumper was $819 + $100 for shipping. FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT ME !!!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
Originally Posted by moparrbust
I guess it makes sense for the base model M-B owners to make fake AMG cars as well.
Or for SRT guys to dream about MBs because they regret buying so-called "high-end" Mopars that they thought were better because of the Diamler Chrysler partnership. Oh, I know how fast a Hemi is and blah, blah. I have had plenty of fast cars, including Mopar's best effort, a Viper (admittedly, an awesome resin bucket with seats). I'll take any Benz over a Crossfire. I wonder how may times you've said...and it was designed by Mercedes...?

The guy likes the AMG bumper, so let him have it. I appreciate the effort. It's what hot-rodding is about. There is more satisfaction and fun had from making a car what you want that just going out and buying it. Yes, an AMG badge maybe a bit much. Frankly, after being a member here, I don't think it represents the company I would like to keep.

Last edited by Derspeed; 12-15-2008 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:51 PM

15 E350 4Matic
I always wonder if one can just change the front bumper to C63 bumper. Good to know one can do it without major overhaul. Nice Job!
Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by popejp41
I'm all about doing aftermarket changes to your car but not into making it look exactly like a C63, what happens when an M3 comes up next you and destroys you?? some 63 parts are ok, but to much is over the top.....IMO
This is the same argument that I had with a bunch of these guys last week on this very subject. The only response they can come up with is "it is my car, my money I can do what I want" They can't understand that they give the whole MB brand a black eye when some guy in a 335i pulls up next to one of these posermobiles and smokes them. The 335i driver is going to tell everyone that he smoked a C63. I can hear it now over on Bimmerfest it will go something like this:

335i: I just smoked a C63 from a dig at a stoplight!!
Forum: Are you sure it was a C63??
335i: Yes, it had the quad exhaust, AMG badges, etc, etc.
Forum: Did he know you were racing?
335i: Yeah he knew, he looked over and acknowledged me, then he jumped on it on green, but I pulled on him like he was standing still.
Forum: Must have been something wrong with the C63.
335i: Not sure, all I know is I smoked him, here is the IPhone video my buddy took from the passenger seat, see the quad exhaust and AMG badges as we pull up and then the AMG badges on the side……

I think the point is made, notice I have to put “as we pulled up to the light” because all he would see from there on is the headlights of that “C63”

But you can’t talk common sense to posers; they will always have the old argument “it is my car, my money, I can do what I want”
Old 12-15-2008, 03:29 PM

C350
Originally Posted by Bigdawg99
This is the same argument that I had with a bunch of these guys last week on this very subject. The only response they can come up with is "it is my car, my money I can do what I want" They can't understand that they give the whole MB brand a black eye when some guy in a 335i pulls up next to one of these posermobiles and smokes them. The 335i driver is going to tell everyone that he smoked a C63. I can hear it now over on Bimmerfest it will go something like this:

335i: Yeah he knew, he looked over and acknowledged me, then he jumped on it on green, but I pulled on him like he was standing still.
335i: Not sure, all I know is I smoked him, here is the IPhone video my buddy took from the passenger seat, see the quad exhaust and AMG badges as we pull up and then the AMG badges on the side……

I think the point is made, notice I have to put “as we pulled up to the light” because all he would see from there on is the headlights of that “C63”

But you can’t talk common sense to posers; they will always have the old argument “it is my car, my money, I can do what I want”

Any pictures of your C63 you would like to share?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:44 PM

15 E350 4Matic

Why do you always assume that when someone make a C63 Mod that they are gonna race some bimmer or some other cars? Can they not like the look of a C63 without spending the $$ for a C63?

You are going to get a lot of people on this board trying to make some C63 mod because they like the look of it. If you hate that, stay on the C63 side and leave the rest of us alone. If you come here to get other W204 information then unfortunately you are stuck reading what we are trying to mod. If you read the post, you know most of US are against posing and we usually bash the guy trying to put up //AMG when it is not a true AMG but to each his own.

Just make sure YOU blow by the BIMMERS and the SRT to keep up the good name for the true AMG. For the rest of us who know the difference between AMG and non AMG, we are keeping it real. We just like the mod and the look. You have anything against that?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:57 PM

C350 2008

This project (now) is not for racing, is to change the look and go to shows, for racing I can use my M3 2004 with Nitro is really fast, but the look is old fashion, I do not like to use a brand new car for racing in every light, for this you can use an old Evo or Subaru STX with less of $15K you can run with any stock C63. If you spend a lot of money in stock C63 and stop my car with modifications, side by side and will be similar for the 98%+ of the population.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:58 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by who8888
Why do you always assume that when someone make a C63 Mod that they are gonna race some bimmer or some other cars? Can they not like the look of a C63 without spending the $$ for a C63?

You are going to get a lot of people on this board trying to make some C63 mod because they like the look of it. If you hate that, stay on the C63 side and leave the rest of us alone. If you come here to get other W204 information then unfortunately you are stuck reading what we are trying to mod. If you read the post, you know most of US are against posing and we usually bash the guy trying to put up //AMG when it is not a true AMG but to each his own.

Just make sure YOU blow by the BIMMERS and the SRT to keep up the good name for the true AMG. For the rest of us who know the difference between AMG and non AMG, we are keeping it real. We just like the mod and the look. You have anything against that?

I don't have a problem with slight mods, but putting on badges, fake exhausts tips, etc just is silly. I can see AMG rims, spoilers, etc that make the car look different, but the other items really are overkill.
Does it make sense to try to copy a front end from a C63 to a C300/350 when the C63 is an inch wider then the other W204s? It is not a simple bolt-on replacement it is pretty involved. As others have said, why spend so much money and time on mods when you can get the real deal? I have heard of used C63s already below 55K; with the dollar amount that some are spending on mods they could have waited a year and gotten to real deal and not have to worry about looking like posers.
I will do my part to keep the Bimmers, SRT, et al, in line and keep the MB name up, but can't do it all myself. You know that the scenario I outline in my post is not just possible but very likely; the posers are the ones that will bring the brand down a notch.
I don’t know the answer to this, but does BMW have the same issue with the 328 guy trying to make his car look like a M3, the 525 driver doing mods to look like a M5?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

^ Ugh, not this guy again
Old 12-15-2008, 04:59 PM

2009 C63
Originally Posted by micropower99
^ Ugh, not this guy again
Yes this guy again, and since you appear to be one of the biggest offenders on posing, you and I will become quick forum "friends" as I call you out and you defend your position.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:30 PM

c200 kompressor
excellent modification.
i like it very much
Old 12-15-2008, 07:04 PM

2008 Mars Red C300 4matic Sport w/P1- MM- Ipod- Leather
???

Ok i have a question for everyone.

I have a Red 2008 C300 4matic Sport, I specifically purchased the sport version because i LOVE the AMG stylings.
But here's the thing, I removed one of the "0" from the c300 to make it C30
I removed the 4matic and put an AMG badge, on my side fenders i put 3.0 AMG, identical to the 6.3 AMG badge, other than that I have black powder coated AMG wheels.

Now obviously MB doesnt make a 3.0 AMG, Im not trying to act like a have a 6.3AMG monster, I just love the "Styling". I dont drive like i own one either.

Now dont get me wrong, i have every respect for the people who have spent $$$$ on and actual 6.3 AMG (which i openly cannot afford), but i feel what ive done only accents the AMG styling i paid for with my sport edition even if it is 3.0 and I put it on not MB.

Is there still hate on what ive done? Is it still considered being a poser?
also spare me the if its not an AMG motor its not an AMG etc etc. thats why i show 3.0 on my trunk and fenders, I just admire the stylings.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IMO, I still wouldn't put the AMG writing on there but I'd still accept it since you put 3.0 on it. But there are alot of clowns out there that will start sh*it with you for it.

Originally Posted by AWD247

I have a Red 2008 C300 4matic Sport, I specifically purchased the sport version because i LOVE the AMG stylings.
I removed the 4matic and put an AMG badge, on my side fenders i put 3.0 AMG, identical to the 6.3 AMG badge, other than that I have black powder coated AMG wheels.

Now obviously MB doesnt make a 3.0 AMG, Im not trying to act like a have a 6.3AMG monster, I just love the "Styling". I dont drive like i own one either.

Now dont get me wrong, i have every respect for the people who have spent $$$$ on and actual 6.3 AMG (which i openly cannot afford), but i feel what ive done only accents the AMG styling i paid for with my sport edition even if it is 3.0 and I put it on not MB.

also spare me the if its not an AMG motor its not an AMG etc etc. thats why i show 3.0 on my trunk and fenders, I just admire the stylings.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Hello, everybody this project is challange for me, I am Mechanical Engineer. first I spend less of $4K with shop installation, I live in PR and here the TAX for car is very high. I paid for a C350 with P2, CD changer of 6 $54,200 and the price for C63 here is $92K and $99K with performance package. I saw the oportunity to upgrade the car with original parts NO Aftermarkets parts.
Where is PR? Puerto Rico? Prince Rupert? People's Republic of _______ ?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:06 PM

2008 Mars Red C300 4matic Sport w/P1- MM- Ipod- Leather
Puerto Rico
Old 12-15-2008, 10:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8
Puerto Rico
Thanks.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

R8

It's your car. Do whatever the heck you want with it.

I understand how some of the purists would frown on things like what you've done and what SuperDavid is doing, but in the overall scheme of things, it doesn't really make that big a difference to anyone. You're certainly not going to succeed in fooling anyone who knows anything about cars, so I'd say it's probably alright.

I've seen guys driving Audi A4s with S4 (or even RS4) badging sometimes when I'm in my S4, and I usually give them the thumbs up rather than act all high and mighty and try to lord it over them. What the heck, these guys are just being enthusiastic about the brand. They'd rush out and buy the real thing if they could afford it (or if they could rationalize the purchase). I'm sure Mercedes Benz execs are hoping there are more people out there like that, as that's how they nurture future AMG (or M, or S and RS) buyers.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:22 PM

2005 Crossfire SRT-6
Originally Posted by Derspeed
Or for SRT guys to dream about MBs because they regret buying so-called "high-end" Mopars that they thought were better because of the Diamler Chrysler partnership. Oh, I know how fast a Hemi is and blah, blah. I have had plenty of fast cars, including Mopar's best effort, a Viper (admittedly, an awesome resin bucket with seats). I'll take any Benz over a Crossfire. I wonder how may times you've said...and it was designed by Mercedes...?

The guy likes the AMG bumper, so let him have it. I appreciate the effort. It's what hot-rodding is about. There is more satisfaction and fun had from making a car what you want that just going out and buying it. Yes, an AMG badge maybe a bit much. Frankly, after being a member here, I don't think it represents the company I would like to keep.

I don't dream of owning a M-B............I could buy one if I wanted. I don't need a peace sign on my car to make me feel special. I work on highend and exotic cars everyday. I LOVE my little Crossfire because it has a REAL AMG engine(377rwhp......dyno proven) and distinctive looks/style. I don't lose my car in a parking lot or have people getting confused whether it's a C,E or S class(they all look the same to "average" folk). Ohh; and I love it when guys like you try to show your "superiority" by pointing out that I drive a lowly Crossfire and you have an almighty Mercedes..............if only you knew. LMFAO

As far as the OP liking an AMG bumper that's just fine by me. I just can't stand it when people buy base model cars(of any Make) and try to pass them off as top-of-the-line performance cars and putting; in this case, "6.3AMG" emblems on it. I had a 221 S-Class in the shop a couple months ago that had a Lorinser body kit, aftermarket wheels and on the trunklid it said "S65 AMG". I then looked under the hood only to fine out it was a S550 and that guy too was a poser.
Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 PM

C300 MT, 350Z
do what you want to do man, all we can offer are opinions, but dont you think you shouldve just bought the 63 for a lot less than 20 grand more? i mean the 350 is already running around 40? the 63 is 55,000. after all these mods, i think it might be more expensive with less power..

but congratulations on your mods if this is the route you really want.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C350 with C63 Front Bumper