C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Nitrogen for tyres...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a g
Originally Posted by vic viper
So I was correct from the beginning then, you do work with tires and you do have finacial intrests in promoting Nitrogen
Actually I get no benefit from 'peddeling' nitrogen, no financial benefit as it were. So stuff it.

Originally Posted by bigben320e
This is sad and funny at the same time. We all know the minimal effects that Nitrogen has as opposed to Oxygen, and as stated so many times:

If it is free or little to nothing get it. If not stick to air which is 78% Nitrogen anyway. Goodness, 4 pages on this?

I have spoken with Mercedes techs, SA's, SM's, guys at several tire shops over the years and they all say or have said that the effects of Nitrogen are minimal to none based on the type of driving that we do which is not on the track.

Personally, I think this has gone far enough.
They are quite abundantly wrong, but that's ok for them to be.

Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
Yes - that site is hardly objective in it's views - The only thing thing I agree with Bigben on is all this BS written about the minor effects of a little bit of oxygen in the air acting on insignificant items within the tyre when the whole of the rest of the vehicle INCLUDING the outside of the tyres is subjected to normal air which is the Psuedo Plague the nitrogen camp have drummed up. Ah well our stupid pig is enjoying the mud!
You are just talking plain retarded now...moisture is a factor especially with dew points, and considering that none here are running any sort of nitrogen inflation or dried air (which is still subject to leakage and moisture problems).

We aren't talking about your other vehicle components, we are talking about your tires. But on that subject the rest of the vehicle is subject (quite obviously) to corrosion and rusting issues.

Originally Posted by acr2001
All new cars even before 2008 have tire pressure monitoring now in the US. ALL of them. It's a new law.

The muddy pig who keeps this thread going and going is obviously peddling nitrogen, now we know why he can't just let it go and admit that he is wrong.

Also - the morning dew on your paint also happens inside your tires?!?! You are clueless. Go sell some nitrogen elsewhere.
Oh, but I'm not wrong. And you sir can also stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. Why don't you stop throwing mud on a subject you clearly have no understanding of.

Why of course it is! Note I said, make the choice for yourself. You see, this debate is going to go back and forth, and it's up to the individual to justify the expense or not. Most of the guys at MB dealerships say it's snake oil or little benefit...so go figure?

Most of us don't drive on a track, going over 100MPH constantly, or our MB's transform into a jet and take off for flight. So will you even see it?

Costco is free, Pep Boys is pretty cheap. Most of the others are around $10-20, and currently I have to admit NONE of my cars have nitrogen in the tires.

You really think that only race cars (or other industries previously mentioned) are the only ones to see benefits from using nitrogen tire inflation methods?

If you guys believe that you are all absolutely crazy. You guys probably don't believe cable internet is faster than dial-up either...go figure.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
What a dick
Old 04-14-2009, 10:12 PM

a g
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
What a dick
Yea, you are, I agree.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by RedG
You guys probably don't believe cable internet is faster than dial-up either...go figure.

And you are the kind of person that believes in that placing fuel saving magnets on your car really works
Old 04-15-2009, 07:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Yea, you are, I agree.
I will now take this fine advice from ctgilles in Belgium

"Don't argue with idiots. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience".
Signing off to help members with real problems.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:12 AM

S204 C220 CDI, VW Scirocco III 1.4TSI 160
Originally Posted by vic viper
And you are the kind of person that believes in that placing fuel saving magnets on your car really works
And nitrogen in his fuel for better performance.

And a lot of nitrogen in his head... RedG seems to be high. Anyone saw the last South Park with Cartman believing his own lies? Now replace Cartman with RedG.

/thread
Old 04-15-2009, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by ctgilles
And nitrogen in his fuel for better performance.

And a lot of nitrogen in his head... RedG seems to be high. Anyone saw the last South Park with Cartman believing his own lies? Now replace Cartman with RedG.

/thread
RedG sounds like he is somewhere around Cartmans age.

and back to the whole "dew inside the tire" issue - of course the moisture within your tire could form a "dew" under the right temperatures, but that "dew" is going to be extremely minimal due to the very limited amount of moisture within the air space of your tire. Not the same as what you get on your windshield. How often do you hear complaints about rusted wheels or rotting tires around here? Never. End of discussion.

Last edited by acr2001; 04-15-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:28 PM

a g
So everything has to be posted here for it to be believed by you people? The lot of you are not only incredibly dense, but also completely and utterly clueless. But hey, if you can get your jollies of by being totally incorrect and making completely unfounded claims than go for it. The truth is there for the readers here to see, the facts are more than accessible to people and the real actual tests that are verifiable, and prove that nitrogen is beneficial for car tires can see it quite plainly.

The rest of you fools can just bugger off down the road of lunacy.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
So everything has to be posted here for it to be believed by you people? The lot of you are not only incredibly dense, but also completely and utterly clueless. But hey, if you can get your jollies of by being totally incorrect and making completely unfounded claims than go for it. The truth is there for the readers here to see, the facts are more than accessible to people and the real actual tests that are verifiable, and prove that nitrogen is beneficial for car tires can see it quite plainly.

The rest of you fools can just bugger off down the road of lunacy.
Will do. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:34 PM

2002 E55
This thread is too funny

LMAOF so hard.

As long as air is free that's what I'll use.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:32 AM

S204 C220 CDI, VW Scirocco III 1.4TSI 160
So everything has to be posted here for it to be believed by you people? The lot of you are not only incredibly cool, but also completely and utterly smart. But hey, if you can get your jollies of by being totally correct and making completely founded claims than go for it. The truth is there for the readers here to see, the facts are more than accessible to people and the real actual tests that are verifiable, and prove that nitrogen is a scam for car tires can see it quite plainly.

The rest of you people who are correct and with who I can't cope can just bugger off down the road of intelligence.

I'm going to play a bit more with my LEGO blocks.
Fixed
Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 AM

C180K 2011 COMAND, AMG, Dynamic Xenon, Business Pack, H&K Audio and +
Originally Posted by JimPap
Raven,

I'm impressed with being able to go 1.5 months with no air loss.

Is this typical of runflats?
Runflats. 91W 17"
Old 04-17-2009, 10:41 PM

a g
Originally Posted by ctgilles
Fixed
Oh wow...you sure showed me up with that obviously inflammatory post. Good thing people with common sense can actually see what I've posted to be true, and you and your horde are the bunch of cheats and scammers.
Old 04-18-2009, 12:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Actually I get no benefit from 'peddeling' nitrogen, no financial benefit as it were. So stuff it.

They are quite abundantly wrong, but that's ok for them to be.

You are just talking plain retarded now...moisture is a factor especially with dew points, and considering that none here are running any sort of nitrogen inflation or dried air (which is still subject to leakage and moisture problems).

We aren't talking about your other vehicle components, we are talking about your tires. But on that subject the rest of the vehicle is subject (quite obviously) to corrosion and rusting issues.

Oh, but I'm not wrong. And you sir can also stuff it where the sun doesn't shine. Why don't you stop throwing mud on a subject you clearly have no understanding of.

You really think that only race cars (or other industries previously mentioned) are the only ones to see benefits from using nitrogen tire inflation methods?

If you guys believe that you are all absolutely crazy. You guys probably don't believe cable internet is faster than dial-up either...go figure.
This is getting....wait a minute. It is way past getting personal on what I stated is a personal preference. I don't think anyone is debating that Nitrogen does not have any benefits, I think it does. I stated from jump that I had seen some benefits myself last time I used it. Personally, I went a year or so with no loss using Nitrogen.

The exact amounts on money saved, are of course not concrete, and will vary. How much gas is saved? How much internal wear Nitrogen saves you? How much gas? It's hard to tell how much. You do agree on that correct?

So sure, the debate is how much of an effect to save money in lieu of time checking pressure, gas mileage, tire wear internally. Basically, it comes down to if you want to pay for Nitrogen and it is cost effective to do so. It's up to the individual. If Nitrogen costs me $10, and save $100 a year then it was worth it, for example.

There's no need to start insulting and name-calling on the topic. DAMN.

Last edited by bigben320e; 04-18-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
This is getting....wait a minute. It is way past getting personal on what I stated is a personal preference. I don't think anyone is debating that Nitrogen does not have any benefits, I think it does. I stated from jump that I had seen some benefits myself last time I used it. Personally, I went a year or so with no loss using Nitrogen.

The exact amounts on money saved, are of course not concrete, and will vary. How much gas is saved? How much internal wear Nitrogen saves you? How much gas? It's hard to tell how much. You do agree on that correct?

So sure, the debate is how much of an effect to save money in lieu of time checking pressure, gas mileage, tire wear internally. Basically, it comes down to if you want to pay for Nitrogen and it is cost effective to do so. It's up to the individual. If Nitrogen costs me $10, and save $100 a year then it was worth it, for example.

I agree. It went well beyond a technical discussion from the first page and has been a "pissing contest" ever since. I think everyone agrees there is a "theoretical" benefit even if it does not manifest itself with much of a measureable benefit for normal street driving.

Last edited by C300Sport; 04-18-2009 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:17 PM

a g

I wasn't the one who began the mudsling fest in this thread, so check who you are talking to. I was called crazy because I've supported something that I've seen benefits in myself, and for THOUSANDS of my customers. You really think it would last in the market place if there was only a perceived benefit?

And I'll keep responding to people who call me out over something they obviously have no real idea as to the benefits seen en masse by using nitrogen to inflate tires.

So again, check who you are insinuating that started the insults and mudslinging, because it wasn't me. Other than that, you and the others can go bugger off now.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:20 PM

a g
Originally Posted by C300Sport
I agree. It went well beyond a technical discussion from the first page and has been a "pissing contest" ever since. I think everyone agrees there is a "theoretical" benefit even if it does not manifest itself with much of a measureable benefit for normal street driving.
Where you and others blatantly disregarded the facts provided by both the NHTSA and Consumer Reports, (as well as the other linked articles and information) and proceeded to call me a loony for supporting something that actually provides people a real and proper beneficial thing for their automobiles.

So at this point since you want to keep chaffing the topic to endless and pedantic babble, you too can shove off down a long steep cliff of ignorance that could have been cured had you actually paid attention. So next time you want to discuss a topic, actually read the facts first before you spout off...mmm k?
Old 04-18-2009, 07:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Where you and others blatantly disregarded the facts provided by both the NHTSA and Consumer Reports, (as well as the other linked articles and information) and proceeded to call me a loony for supporting something that actually provides people a real and proper beneficial thing for their automobiles.

So at this point since you want to keep chaffing the topic to endless and pedantic babble, you too can shove off down a long steep cliff of ignorance that could have been cured had you actually paid attention. So next time you want to discuss a topic, actually read the facts first before you spout off...mmm k?
Hey Red,
If you took the time to look back through all the posts, you may notice that I have been one of the very few that have supported the fact that nitrogen does indeed have some benefit. Mind you, I feel it is limited but some benefit indeed. The fact that you invite me to shove off, actually read, stop spouting off, etc, etc kinda surprised me since I was actually weighing in that nitrogen has benefits.
At this point I can only conclude that although you may know a great deal about tires, etc. you are a rude and small little man.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:12 PM

a g
Originally Posted by C300Sport
Hey Red,
If you took the time to look back through all the posts, you may notice that I have been one of the very few that have supported the fact that nitrogen does indeed have some benefit. Mind you, I feel it is limited but some benefit indeed. The fact that you invite me to shove off, actually read, stop spouting off, etc, etc kinda surprised me since I was actually weighing in that nitrogen has benefits.
At this point I can only conclude that although you may know a great deal about tires, etc. you are a rude and small little man.
My apologies then for including you in the group of those berating my positions, and much provided and widely availible information concerning the topic.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
I wasn't the one who began the mudsling fest in this thread, so check who you are talking to. I was called crazy because I've supported something that I've seen benefits in myself, and for THOUSANDS of my customers. You really think it would last in the market place if there was only a perceived benefit?

And I'll keep responding to people who call me out over something they obviously have no real idea as to the benefits seen en masse by using nitrogen to inflate tires.

So again, check who you are insinuating that started the insults and mudslinging, because it wasn't me. Other than that, you and the others can go bugger off now.
Red, I see you like to argue. I wasn't referring to you with the mudslinging, I was making a general statement for all not to engage in it. Clearer for you now?

To add, I thought it was clear I said Nitrogen has some benefits, and agreed with you. We just can't quantify how much as opposed to price of getting the Nitrogen. OK?

Now you go bugger off. I don't understand why you insist on the inflamed responses.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My apologies then for including you in the group of those berating my positions, and much provided and widely availible information concerning the topic.
Fair enough...not so small after all. I think this thread has progessed well past it's expiration date. It seems once the mud slinging gets started, no matter who starts it, it is pretty much impossible to stop and everybody gets dirty.... The facts are out there and people can make with them what they will.

Last edited by C300Sport; 04-18-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:32 PM

a g
All settled then, there is enough data and experience for some, not for others. I'm just trying to help those that don't agree with, or haven't used yet nitrogen tire inflation.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 AMG C63 S
Any updates on this topic?
Old 12-18-2010, 07:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MBUSA
i guess you can always take the nitrous out of the tire and push it through the engine....super powers
Old 12-20-2010, 09:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Originally Posted by nukefixer
why is it mandatory that jet aircraft have nitrogen in their tires
I can answer that question.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen for tyres...