C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Best Customization Sites

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350 Sport
Best Customization Sites

O.K. I just bought a 2008 C350 Sport. I'm really excited about hooking this car up. I mean it looks and feels great stock, but I'm itching to get started moding. That's why I joined this forum. I could probably spend even more time browsing looking for benz customization sites, but I was hoping somebody could give me the fast track. MBs are classy cars so I am of course looking for only the most classy mods.

Please post the best sites you guys/gals have found for custom parts. Anything goes because I haven't done anything to the car yet.

I don't want to get anyone here bent out of shape but what is all the hype about brodus parts? It seems like they are very popular on this forum.

Also, I want to add a chip, and maybe an O2 sensor to add some horses. What should I be concerned about regarding this? I don't want to void my warrenty or anything, but I want to add some power.

Please don't hesitate to give me some good suggestions on how I should begin my customization journey.

What should I start out with as far as customizations? I'm thinking maybe some things will have to wait awhile if they will void the warrenty. I really don't have any ideas yet, so please post as much as possible about what I should do to a completely factory C350 Sport.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Start by changing the yellow marker lights.
All depends what you want, I did my firs MOD the night a brought the car home “DEBADGGED”
Old 07-28-2009, 08:56 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
08 c350
I myself just got the 08 c350 too, and I'm looking to purchase the singh motorsports performance chip.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:04 PM
Almost a Member!

C350 Sport
I need some links. I'm looking for some good C350 Sport parts.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:05 PM
Almost a Member!

C350 Sport
Great suggestion. I think I'll probably start with that. The yellow/orange markers are a bit of an eye sore. Clear is definitely the way to go.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 - 350 N other white cars
Originally Posted by tanktube67
Start by changing the yellow marker lights.
All depends what you want, I did my firs MOD the night a brought the car home “DEBADGGED”

... my first mod was tinting the windows. as for the marker haven't changed them yet, but i will tank! those easy modify can come after i get more of the costlier mods done (whatever i can finish before this baby goes into winter hibernation)...---> getting black euro smoke...
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 AM

C350 Sport 4M
1. sidemarkers first (tint or body match paint)
2. debadge (optional, some people don't like to do it)
3. tint rear lights.
4. xenon bulbs swapped to 6000k
5. stealthauto turn signal bulbs (so theres no longer the egg yolk effect)
6. K&N Air filter
7. window tinting
8. painting the panels on the grill black
9. rear diffuser (C63)
10. quad tips or exhaust. (very nice exhaust is the one EISENMANN is offering soon? The quad.)
11. CF front lip (euroteck)
12. ECU tune (SI or the other one I forgot the name)
13. CF airbox (if theres one available)
14. Rims
15. H&R Coilovers
16. Big brake kit.
17. Bodykits (Brabus, WALD, Carlsson, Vaeth, Lorinsor, etc..)
I've kinda listed them from the lowest costing ones to the higher ones.

Last edited by german-anger; 07-29-2009 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:35 AM
Almost a Member!

C350 Sport
Thanks for the suggestions. I really need some links to where you all are buying this stuff.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:53 PM

w204 - 350 N other white cars
Originally Posted by patrarno
Thanks for the suggestions. I really need some links to where you all are buying this stuff.
patrarno-----> links, all depend on what particular items you want to buy so some of the members can suggest where they got it from. Then you can decide what price and quality u r willing to pay. i think ebay might be a good start for some of the small mods... good luck
Old 07-29-2009, 04:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 C63

Search on google?
Old 07-29-2009, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1. sidemarkers first (tint or body match paint) DONE
2. debadge (optional, some people don't like to do it) DONE
3. tint rear lights. DONE
4. xenon bulbs swapped to 6000k DONE
5. stealthauto turn signal bulbs (so theres no longer the egg yolk effect) DONE
6. K&N Air filter DONE
7. window tinting DONE
8. painting the panels on the grill black DONE
9. rear diffuser (C63) DONE
10. quad tips or exhaust. (very nice exhaust is the one EISENMANN is offering soon? The quad.) DONE
11. CF front lip (euroteck) DONE
12. ECU tune (SI or the other one I forgot the name) MAYBE
14. Rims DONE
15. H&R Coilovers SPRINGS DONE
16. Big brake kit.Trying to convince my wife why I need to spend 5K on a set BBK
17. Bodykits (Brabus, WALD, Carlsson, Vaeth, Lorinsor, etc..) OUT
I've kinda listed them from the lowest costing ones to the higher ones.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:11 PM

C350 Sport 4M
wow haha tanktube you're eligible for the 'im starting to run out of ideas for mods, cause my car is looking so fresh so clean' club
Old 07-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Almost a Member!

Hey guys,
I'm looking for stealth bulbs, but have no idea which ones I need. I have an '08 C300 with the "regular" headlights. I just want to replace the orange light on the inside of the main headlight housing......ideas? links? Thanks in advance!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 PM

C350 Sport 4M
Stealth Auto - 3457 Bulbs

I bought them online from their site and paid through paypal. Very very nice upgrade btw.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 PM

C350 Sport 4M
1. sidemarkers first (tint or body match paint) Buy extra set from dealership to paint, or paint the ones that came with your car, or buy from evosport
2. debadge buy dental floss and DIY
3. tint rear lights. Any local shops will vinyl or use half paint/half clearcoat for you
4. xenon bulbs swapped to 6000k German Philips 6000k or Osram 6000k are both white and purple, very high visibility, buy online or buy from local shops
5. stealthauto turn signal bulbs (so theres no longer the egg yolk effect) http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...SBCA-3357.aspx
6. K&N Air filter http://www.knfilters.com/search/dealersearch.aspx
7. window tinting your favorite local shop
8. painting the panels on the grill black your favorite local shop
9. rear diffuser (C63) OEM part from dealership
10. quad tips or exhaust. (very nice exhaust is the one EISENMANN is offering soon? The quad.) purchase tips from dealership or buy from eisenmann
11. CF front lip (euroteck)
12. ECU tune (SI or the other one I forgot the name)
14. Rims
15. H&R Coilovers
16. Big brake kit. you could order the OEM AMG ones from the dealership
17. Bodykits (Brabus, WALD, Carlsson, Vaeth, Lorinsor, etc..)

The latter ones you have to search around for a local dealer that has it in your area
Old 07-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Almost a Member!

C350 Sport
Do anyone have the SLR Motor Sports Performance chip installed?

http://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index...t_detail&p=522

Please let me know this is not a good performance chip. If so, please recommend a better one.

What is everyone's opinion on performance chips?

Does anybody have any stories about dealers finding out about warranties, and not covering repairs as a result?

Please share any knowledge you have on this subject.

Anything you all can share on Mercedes warranty experiences would be greatly appreciated.

It seems like the dealerships work hard at instilling warranty fears into their customers minds. This really sucks for the car enthusiast.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by german-anger
wow haha tanktube you're eligible for the 'im starting to run out of ideas for mods, cause my car is looking so fresh so clean' club
I haven't list them all
Old 07-30-2009, 12:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by german-anger
Stealth Auto - 3457 Bulbs

I bought them online from their site and paid through paypal. Very very nice upgrade btw.
I got a discount from them; their shop is just a few minutes from my house.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:17 AM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Do anyone have the SLR Motor Sports Performance chip installed?

http://slrmotorsports.com/shop/index...t_detail&p=522

Please let me know this is not a good performance chip. If so, please recommend a better one.

What is everyone's opinion on performance chips?

Does anybody have any stories about dealers finding out about warranties, and not covering repairs as a result?

Please share any knowledge you have on this subject.

Anything you all can share on Mercedes warranty experiences would be greatly appreciated.

It seems like the dealerships work hard at instilling warranty fears into their customers minds. This really sucks for the car enthusiast.
You decide.
http://askville.amazon.com/SLR-Motor...estId=10939194

Good luck
Old 07-30-2009, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
X3 and 2012 C coming soon
I hate to say it, but the worst part of owning this car is that most of the available modifications are cosmetic; bad ones at that. Some poor guys on here end up with Mickey Mouse cars.
Old 07-30-2009, 02:27 PM

Mercedes Benz
Congrats on your new car. That slr chip is a gimmick. Either go with renntech or kleemann for performance. don't touch the o2 sensors.. dnt need no check engine lights. If you want more sound, remove your resonator and install a x-pipe.. nice growl and its better flowing than the stock resonator. Sprintbooster is a really cool thing, if you want to get rid of the lag on the throttle and get into your powerband more quickly. But really after the ecu/tcu upgrade, you have completely exhausted the performance aspects of the car. unless you add a full exhaust which is good for another 45+hp/tq...downside $6000+
Old 07-30-2009, 02:47 PM

C350 Sport 4M
Originally Posted by Derspeed
I hate to say it, but the worst part of owning this car is that most of the available modifications are cosmetic; bad ones at that. Some poor guys on here end up with Mickey Mouse cars.
+1 especially if you jump on ebay and buy everything off the first page. =\ things can get pretty wild. make your choices wisely, look for fitment, aesthetics, and quality of materials... but hey you already knew that right?
Old 07-30-2009, 03:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by C-Class_GREEK
Congrats on your new car. That slr chip is a gimmick. Either go with renntech or kleemann for performance. don't touch the o2 sensors.. dnt need no check engine lights. If you want more sound, remove your resonator and install a x-pipe.. nice growl and its better flowing than the stock resonator. Sprintbooster is a really cool thing, if you want to get rid of the lag on the throttle and get into your powerband more quickly. But really after the ecu/tcu upgrade, you have completely exhausted the performance aspects of the car. unless you add a full exhaust which is good for another 45+hp/tq...downside $6000+
You forgot headers and pulleys for performance.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:11 PM

06 E55 Blaq on Blaq
Found a couple of body kits for you on youtube. Both are the same except for front spoiler. Vendor info from manufacturer maybe?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT95fW9mhmo&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wFew...eature=related

Hope they give you some ideas.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:47 PM

my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
There are not many options, and the quality products are expensive.

Part of this is supply and demand. Look at a Jeg's or Summit catalog. Hundreds of pages of things for Chevrolet, Ford, Mopar. From minor things to "crate motors." Catalogs for MBZ products are few and far between, even if you go to the Dealer. Millions of Chevy, Ford, or Mopar V-8 are sold and on the roads. How many MBZ V-8s? Only a fraction.

O.K. I just bought a 2008 C350 Sport. I'm really excited about hooking this car up. I mean it looks and feels great stock, but I'm itching to get started moding. That's why I joined this forum. I could probably spend even more time browsing looking for benz customization sites, but I was hoping somebody could give me the fast track. MBs are classy cars so I am of course looking for only the most classy mods.

Please post the best sites you guys/gals have found for custom parts. Anything goes because I haven't done anything to the car yet.

I don't want to get anyone here bent out of shape but what is all the hype about brodus parts? It seems like they are very popular on this forum.

Also, I want to add a chip, and maybe an O2 sensor to add some horses. What should I be concerned about regarding this? I don't want to void my warrenty or anything, but I want to add some power.

Please don't hesitate to give me some good suggestions on how I should begin my customization journey.

What should I start out with as far as customizations? I'm thinking maybe some things will have to wait awhile if they will void the warrenty. I really don't have any ideas yet, so please post as much as possible about what I should do to a completely factory C350 Sport.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best Customization Sites