C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Enraged! No harmon kardon speakers in my car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes
Enraged! No harmon kardon speakers in my car!

I'm so angry right now it's not even funny.

Well two months ago when I placed the order for my 2010 C300 4matic, I wanted every option in the car. Well they had told me at the time that the harmon kardon speakers came with the P2 multimedia package. They listed the rear view camera, keyless go, panorama roof as options, they DID NOT tell me that harmon kardon were an option!! Prior to being built they should have notified me that they changed this option, why would I get every other f**king option on the car and have the worst possible sound system!!!!

I know i'm party to blame for just finding this out now, but i've been too thrilled with the car to finally adjust the treble and bass and surround sound and I was looking through the manual today and was looking for the logic 7 option.

Anyways, does anyone know if they can retro fit them in? I"m sure theres at least 10 speakers and a software upgrade for the comand system.

I'm so enraged by this, my sales guy will be hearing from me on Monday and how they should have told me about this prior. When you go in two months ahead of time and order every option they said that they would notify me of any new options that are available. I can't believe they after the first few were built that they just decided to make the hk speakers an option, WHICH I WOULD HAVE ORDERED. i'm not gonna pay the stealership 100 an hour to put in the system which should have come prebuilt at factory!!!!!
Old 08-01-2009, 07:26 PM

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
2020 GLC300 4MATIC
Originally Posted by ctrider
I'm so angry right now it's not even funny.

Well two months ago when I placed the order for my 2010 C300 4matic, I wanted every option in the car. Well they had told me at the time that the harmon kardon speakers came with the P2 multimedia package. They listed the rear view camera, keyless go, panorama roof as options, they DID NOT tell me that harmon kardon were an option!! Prior to being built they should have notified me that they changed this option, why would I get every other f**king option on the car and have the worst possible sound system!!!!

I know i'm party to blame for just finding this out now, but i've been too thrilled with the car to finally adjust the treble and bass and surround sound and I was looking through the manual today and was looking for the logic 7 option.

Anyways, does anyone know if they can retro fit them in? I"m sure theres at least 10 speakers and a software upgrade for the comand system.

I'm so enraged by this, my sales guy will be hearing from me on Monday and how they should have told me about this prior. When you go in two months ahead of time and order every option they said that they would notify me of any new options that are available. I can't believe they after the first few were built that they just decided to make the hk speakers an option, WHICH I WOULD HAVE ORDERED. i'm not gonna pay the stealership 100 an hour to put in the system which should have come prebuilt at factory!!!!!
Not sure if there is much recourse possible... I believe they warn that features/specifications are subject to change at all times... I somehow think that a lot of vehicles might start coming without the HK stereo system for a while until all of the dealerships truly realize what they are ordering. We'll see. How is the sound quality without? I've heard that the stock system is quite good in these cars regardless.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Anything is possible but, I doubt it you may be better out getting and aftermarket speakers, there are some very good ones out there.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:56 PM

my wife wild, but she loves every minute of it.
Originally Posted by tanktube67
Anything is possible but, I doubt it you may be better out getting and aftermarket speakers, there are some very good ones out there.
Agreed. Perhaps an adjustment of some sort from the Dealer would be in order, but aftermarket stereo is likely to be superior -- and built to YOUR specifications.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:12 PM

mercedes
thanks guys, after a few glasses of wine i'm a littler calmer now . . . i've decided to let it go for now . . . i'm never ordering from this dealership again . . . they should have called me to let me know that it was an option.

Anyways, what are some relatively inexpensive good aftermarket speakers/ systems that i could integrate minimally with my car? thanks in advanced!!
Old 08-01-2009, 08:18 PM

thanks guys, after a few glasses of wine i'm a littler calmer now . . . i've decided to let it go for now . . . i'm never ordering from this dealership again . . . they should have called me to let me know that it was an option.

Anyways, what are some relatively inexpensive good aftermarket speakers/ systems that i could integrate minimally with my car? thanks in advanced!!
I don't see your location, but check out your local custom audio shops. With this depression, there are some great deals out there.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Don't let some audio butcher bugger up your new car. HK is not that great - you can do a lot better.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:00 PM

mercedes
thanks guys for the advice, i'm going to sit for now, eventually i'll upgrade but i already dropped a lot of cash on this car, i can't fork much more, need to start saving for my house
Old 08-01-2009, 09:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
Let the factory speakers mellow for a few weeks and see if you don't like them.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:20 AM

thanks guys for the advice, i'm going to sit for now, eventually i'll upgrade but i already dropped a lot of cash on this car, i can't fork much more, need to start saving for my house
Wise move.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:55 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
2014 Mercedes-Benz E350 4Matic Sport
Ah sorry to hear about your speakers man. Is this your first C-Class or second?

For the record I have the Logic 7 Audio system and I love it. I think the quality is excellent even if it isn't a Harmann Kardon. I know its really frustrating but I think in the end it won't make too much difference. You have all the most important options and the sound system IMO is still very good, so I don't think it does much to taint your car or anything...
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2004 S55 (SOLD, miss it every day), 2009 GL550
seems backwards to me... a loaded C before a house?

i hope you really enjoy that C
Old 08-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
Originally Posted by i_am_amused
seems backwards to me... a loaded C before a house?

i hope you really enjoy that C
Makes sense since another $TN is bad home loans are expected to occur over the next 18 months depressing prices even more. Too many people with job losses adding hurt to the sub-prime issues.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 C300 Sport 6 Speed Manual, 1953 Chevy Bel-Air, 2015 Audi allroad, 1963 Chevy Apache
Do you have any paperwork from you order stating that HK speakers are part of the P2? If so, it seems you have a good case for MB having to make things right.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:55 PM

'05 W203 M271, '91 R129
Originally Posted by MB300AMG
Ah sorry to hear about your speakers man. Is this your first C-Class or second?

For the record I have the Logic 7 Audio system and I love it. I think the quality is excellent even if it isn't a Harmann Kardon. I know its really frustrating but I think in the end it won't make too much difference. You have all the most important options and the sound system IMO is still very good, so I don't think it does much to taint your car or anything...
If you have L7 in your car, I'm pretty sure it's H/K.

Note to OP: Take a look at this thread, from our resident Swedish MB Chef ():

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...rofit-how.html
Old 08-09-2009, 08:16 AM

W204 C200K
I agree that the deal should have kept you in the loop.

I have the HK in mine, and the truth is they will probable make way for some aftermarket gear in the near future.

Don't get me wrong they sound pretty good, but I dont believe they are worth the good money you pay for them.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:12 PM

C350
at least you have a sexy beast to drive to work erryday

it's too bad, the HK's are sweet
Old 08-10-2009, 12:17 PM

mercedes
Hey guys,

I'm trying to work out a deal where they eat the labor cost and i'll pay for the four speakers, two front and two rear like the Swedish Chef did.

I'm still really pissed about this. Will keep you guys updated, sorry for the lack of communication, have been really busy at work!
Old 08-10-2009, 05:01 PM
QQQ

MY2001 C320
Sorry to hear this and clearly not your fault. But this is another classic case of decontenting to keep price low for souring US economy.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:46 PM

HK Logic 7

I had a CLK-350 Elegance without the HK but with the COMAND, I recently upgraded to a new CLK-350 Avantgarde with the HK Logic 7 upgrade. Both are/were fitted with an Ipod dock. Comparing the two systems using every source is like comparing chalk and cheese, the HK is vastly superior in every way, the standard system comes nowhere near it. At very high volumes the std system would start to distort and get very muddy, the HK does not suffer this, presents much higher levels of volumes without any distortion and without the top and bottom end getting brittle and loose. The HK upgrade was one of the better upgrades on the new car.
NW
Old 11-09-2009, 11:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts
Steel Grey Metallic C63!!
For the money you are spending for a new 2010 c300 4matic loaded, I wouldn't even compromise. You wanted the HK sound system, you should get it with the HK sound system. I have it and I love it. I don't believe in buying something because it is "CLOSE" to what you want. You're buying this car fully loaded because you WANT it and not because you need it. So get them to correct the order since it doesn't appear to be built yet.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
\
Angry

I'm trying to work out a deal where they eat the labor cost and i'll pay for the four speakers, two front and two rear like the Swedish Chef did.
I would still bring it up with Mercedes, and offer to pay the listed option price for the complete install. The HK system is far more than 4 speakers, and you will never achieve the same sound balance, nor take advantage of the 7.1 Logic with only 4 speakers.

I was told by the dealership I couldn't order park assist for my car from the factory, but only as an after market option.. let me tell you how bad that has pissed me off! When they did install it, they drilled through my bumper instead of the flush mount and it has neither the front sensors nor the visual indicator I expected. The US park system is HORRIBLE compared to the European equivalent that I experienced in all my test drives. So I spent several thousand euros to do a retrofit of the European system only to get stuck that the Euro computer module doesn't recognize the US DBUS signals!

Last edited by Peabody; 11-10-2009 at 08:13 AM.