C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

New Car Polish

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
New Car Polish

I just tried a new Car Care Product. My friends shop just started carrying it.
http://uberwurx.com/products/
The spray wax called "Inova" seemed to work as advertised. It applied easily and provided a fantastic shine. I also tried the interior detailer "Forte". It can be used on everything from plastic,vinyl,fabric and leather included upholstery and carpet.
I usually use OTC products like Maguires Gold or Zymol, so he considered this a step up for me. I take care of my cars but I am far from an experienced detailer. I know there are some higher end products than this, but for the price and availability- I was very happy.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Luxury
Any idea how it compares to Adam's products? I swear I'll never let anything touch my car but Adam's after using it
Old 05-17-2010, 01:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2011 E350 4 Matic
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
I just tried a new Car Care Product. My friends shop just started carrying it.
http://uberwurx.com/products/
The spray wax called "Inova" seemed to work as advertised. It applied easily and provided a fantastic shine. I also tried the interior detailer "Forte". It can be used on everything from plastic,vinyl,fabric and leather included upholstery and carpet.
I usually use OTC products like Maguires Gold or Zymol, so he considered this a step up for me. I take care of my cars but I am far from an experienced detailer. I know there are some higher end products than this, but for the price and availability- I was very happy.
I also use Mequire and am very happy with it but always open for something better. how does this compare with ICE? Ice didnt do anything for me, it just left a wet oily surface, does this product do that or does it turn dry like Mequires?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 46 Likes on 41 Posts
E350 Sport/ML350RWD
Originally Posted by ldtCapitan
Any idea how it compares to Adam's products? I swear I'll never let anything touch my car but Adam's after using it
I have never heard of Adam's before. Where do you get it?
Originally Posted by 2nice4me
I also use Mequire and am very happy with it but always open for something better. how does this compare with ICE? Ice didnt do anything for me, it just left a wet oily surface, does this product do that or does it turn dry like Mequires?
ICE sucks. This does dry to a haze similar to Meguires.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:25 PM

C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by AkaSigFreak
I have never heard of Adam's before. Where do you get it?
Adamspolishes.com, amazing stuff, some of the best in my opinion
Old 05-19-2010, 03:07 AM

\
Pinnacle makes some of the best waxes from Brazilian ivory carnuba. Try the cheaper Signature series or the more expensive Souverän.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C300 Sport/Palladium Silver on Black/P2
The thing is...

I find there can be a slight difference is how a wax looks when first applied.

However, after a cleaning or two, things really start to go down here, some protection is still there, but it doesn't "pop," anymore.

I previously tried fancy boutique waxes and whatnot, and they were great.

However, I now typically just use Meguiar's products, and I use them regularly, which is really the key.

Also 2-3 times per year, CLAYING with Meguiar's clay before waxing, that is the real key for having a nice finish. And polishing after claying, if you have DA polisher, and then waxing or putting a sealant.

Great surface preparation before a wax or sealant is always going to produce the shockingly good results, the difference between solid wax appearances by comparison is small.

Putting a $40+ wax on a car that never gets clayed it really a waste of money.

Last edited by mac911; 05-20-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by ldtCapitan
Adamspolishes.com, amazing stuff, some of the best in my opinion
Adam's is great....they have different types of polish, including one intended for hand application which works extremely well.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mercedes C300 Sport, BMW 745Li, VW Mk6 Golf TDI
Originally Posted by Peabody
Pinnacle makes some of the best waxes from Brazilian ivory carnuba. Try the cheaper Signature series or the more expensive Souverän.
I agree with Pinnacle as one of the best wax out there. I use their Liquid Souveran wax as a maintenance topper to my Dodo Juice Supernatural. The best stuff out there is still Swissvax, although that ultra high end wax goes for $1-200.

Adams is a decent product and falls into the next tier of products (zaino, optimum, chemical guys, poorboys, etc) for those who've graduated from OTC products like Meguiar, Mother's, Turtle, etc.

For those who want to get more serious into detailing, you can check out forum sponsors like DetailedImage.com and DetailersDomain.com, or places like AutoGeek.net and Detailing.com for products. Also detailing forums like Autopia.org and DetailingBliss.com are great resources.

Way I see it, you can spend hundreds of dollars modding your car up nice, but if it doesn't shine to it's full potential, then the finished product comes off rather dull.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C300 Sport, RWD, US
What about the tires? I've used a couple of products that once they get wet, will spray brown specks onto the side of the car.

What do you guys use that won't spray off when it gets wet?
Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by JimPap
What about the tires? I've used a couple of products that once they get wet, will spray brown specks onto the side of the car.

What do you guys use that won't spray off when it gets wet?
you're talking tire dressing? Always go with a water based dressing, not silicone. Water based will get absorbed into the rubber and not sling, whereas silicone sits on top of the tire and can sling which seems to be what you're getting. First step that's always missed by people when applying tire dressing is to wash your tires. This will get rid of the dirt and grime on them to allow your tire dressing to properly bond to your tires. Otherwise, you're just applying dressing on top of dirt which can come off the tire. I use P21S Total Auto Wash for my tires and a good tire brush. For tire dressing, I'm a fan of Optimum Tire Gel. Some like to dilute it 1:1 so they can spray it on, but I prefer to apply it straight up with with a tire dressing applicator pad in 4 sections at a time. This will give you a more natural classy matte black finish. Some however prefer a wetter glossy look, but I always felt it just made the wheel look greasy. If you want a wetter look, go with DP Gloss Tire Gel. After it dries, make sure you buff it out a bit.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 05-19-2010 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

btw, I have to say after just trying their product line yesterday, AutoGlym is now THE best OTC detailing product line out there now. Used to be boutique line, but now sold at pep boys and walmart (wally's world). For those of you casual Megs, Mother's, Turtle, Eagle One users, I'd highly suggest giving AG a try next time you restock.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 05-20-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Azn_C300
btw, I have to say after just trying their product line yesterday, AutoGlym is now THE best OTC detailing product line out there now. Used to be boutique line, but now sold at pep boys and walmart (wally's world). For those of you casual Megs, Mother's, Turtle, Eagle One users, I'd highly suggest giving AG a try next time you restock.
I have heard good things about AutoGlym in the past, but have yet to jump ship from Meguiars. Would you suggest the run of the mill autoglym, or the more expensive "High Definition line"?
Old 05-20-2010, 04:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I bought a pot of the HD wax, their Quick Detailer, and their Vinyl/Rubber care. Here's what I found out...

Their HD Wax can old it's own compared to most relative high end (under $100) quality waxes which is good enough for majority here. At around $35 a pot plus the current 20% off Pep Boys coupon, it was a pretty amazing price for what you can get. Gave the paint excellent depth. Comes with two moistened applicator pads which I highly suggest you use. I tested it out with some of my regular applicator pads and didn't apply as easily as the moist ones. Also comes with a plush towel for removal, but I prefer my plush towels over provided. That's not to say it can't do the job just fine though. It's a good sized pot that should last you a long long time. Durability, time will tell, but from what others have experienced, pretty standard for a nuba wax. Well worth the switch imo from Megs at that price point. I'm switching to it now as my normal wax and saving my Dodo Juice Supernatural for shows.

Their QD has excellent slickness and does a great job getting rid of light brake dust. Not as good as my FK425, but not much else out there can compare to that. Much more slick compared to NXT QD and Mothers QD from what I tested out.

Vinyl and Rubber care is pretty good. Cleans vinyl just as good as my 303, but is a little bit shinier. Can be buffed down to get close to the same sheen. Might just be worth the switch for me as I can get it locally compared to 303. For rubber, I'll stick with 1Z Gummi Pflege stick though.

Overall, I'd highly recommend the HD Wax above the other products, but the others are no slackers and better in most regards than the other OTCs I've tested out.

Last edited by Azn_C300; 05-20-2010 at 04:32 PM.