C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Mercedes of Alexandria in VA scratched

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 C350 Sport
Mercedes of Alexandria in VA scratched

I took my car to the dealer because of Check Engine light came on. All was good until I picked up my car. I specifically requested not to wash the car, which they did and stripped my was with their detergent, but worse of all they scratched my leather on steering wheel and put a small scratch on right fender. The manager told me they are sorry things happen, but what, so they can ruing your spotless car and say things happen? They offered to fix it, but there is no way you can repair a deep leather scratch, probably they would have made it even worse, so I refused.

Anyway, that's it for me, never going to use that dealer. MB needs to understand that they need to improve their dealer quality. I serviced my Acura for over 10 years, not even one scratch.

BMW dealers and MB in our Tyson’s area put special cover to seats and steering wheel, because it is quite important part of business. This guys in Alexandria MB approach their business like servicing cheap cars like Kia or something.

That the reason I hate to go to dealers, especially once I do not know. Hope MB can make sure they provide proper service we deserve.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ccoupe
Originally Posted by haykf1
I took my car to the dealer because of Check Engine light came on. All was good until I picked up my car. I specifically requested not to wash the car, which they did and stripped my was with their detergent, but worse of all they scratched my leather on steering wheel and put a small scratch on right fender. The manager told me they are sorry things happen, but what, so they can ruing your spotless car and say things happen? They offered to fix it, but there is no way you can repair a deep leather scratch, probably they would have made it even worse, so I refused.

Anyway, that's it for me, never going to use that dealer. MB needs to understand that they need to improve their dealer quality. I serviced my Acura for over 10 years, not even one scratch.

BMW dealers and MB in our Tyson’s area put special cover to seats and steering wheel, because it is quite important part of business. This guys in Alexandria MB approach their business like servicing cheap cars like Kia or something.

That the reason I hate to go to dealers, especially once I do not know. Hope MB can make sure they provide proper service we deserve.
if they offered to fix it why would you care... agree and let them break their heads thats there fault theyl do whatever they need to to repair what they did wrong...
Old 10-05-2010, 09:45 PM

c300
you should have them fix it. and if you can still visibly see the damage, have them swap the steering wheel.
but yes, i agree that this dealer is sub par. i don't go there anymore.
if i must see a dealer, i goto annapolis.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:17 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Agreed! When I was buying a car, my sister called Mercedes of Alexandria to get a quote. At the end of the call, she asked the guy if he could email her the sticker so she could show me what they had. The guy just started to yell at her and hung up the phone! Needless to say, I went with another dealer. If you are in Northern Virginia looking for a Mercedes, goto Mercedes of Tysons Corner.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 c300
Well, I think you were a bit hasty. The dealer didn't avoid responsibility and offered to fix it. Why not let him?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:17 AM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Damages

Originally Posted by haykf1

You are right. There is no excuse for the damage. But to walk away letting them off the hook makes no sense at all. Somebody is going to have to pay to fix the fender mark and it should be them, not you.

And the steering wheel needs to be replaced, plain and simple.

Get a grip, go back and insist that they eliminate the damage on their nickel with no compromises.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM

2009 Arctic White/Black C350 with NAV pkg, ipod integration, 40% HO tint, and 18" 5-spoke AMG wheels
Originally Posted by absolutleo
you should have them fix it. and if you can still visibly see the damage, have them swap the steering wheel.
but yes, i agree that this dealer is sub par. i don't go there anymore.
if i must see a dealer, i goto annapolis.
I haven't had to have any regular maintenance yet, but I have went to Mercedes of Annapolis and their parts department has been awesome -- Vernon in particular. I priced new wheels through Annapolis and another dealership and their prices were over $300 different. I have my own shop, Benchmark Motors in Columbia, that I take the car to for non-warranty things and will take the vehicle to Annapolis for routine warranty-related things. I def. recommend going to Annapolis!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM

08 C350 Sport
The problem is that it is too scary to leave the car with them or have steering wheel fixed, cause I am not convinced that this time they won't screwed up somewhere else. I better buff scratch myself and leave all as it is rather than having them fix things and damage other things.

Even loaner car was filthy Chevy Malibu and they have asked $25 to upgrade to MB.

I had absolutely same problem with Acura dealer in Fairfax, each time I took car they would damage something else. Then I complain and switched to Acura in Woodbridge and this guys were amazing, 10 years no scratch, perfectly took care of the car.

I hope to find same place for MB, hope MB of Tyson’s is better.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:29 PM

2010 C300
For what it's worth, I absolutely adore Midlothian MB....they have my upmost respect...my local dealer was garbage and the treatment was awful...here's a copy of the letter I sent MB:

Attn:

Alan J. McLaren
Vice President Customer Services
Mercedes Benz USA

I need to address a complaint with Brown Auto (Charlottesville MB). I bought my C300 brand new and within two weeks had an airbag malfunction. I could not pass state inspection. The rear seat belt assembly needed to be replaced. I first made an appointment at the Charlottesville MB for them to look at it. The person who took my call, **** (I believe) did not even schedule an appointment for me. She gave me a time to be there and didn't even take my name. When I arrived, the Service Manager did not have me down and never apologized.

They took all day to figure out what was wrong. Then they said they would order the part and call me when it was in. 4 days later, they called and said they had the part, but couldn't get me scheduled for two weeks! I couldn't drive the car legally and it was a major safety hazard! I asked for a loaner because I live an hour away and could not legally drive my car. They curtly informed me that since I did not purchase my car at THEIR dealership, I was not eligible for a loaner vehicle. I left a message for the Service Manager to give me a call about this matter and he never did. I've never been treated more poorly in my life.

I also ordered a car cover from the Charlottesville dealership - they never even called me to tell me it was in!!

I had previously ordered a PCMCIA card from John (parts manager) at the Midlothian dealership in Richmond. I was just beside myself with the way I had been treated and how long it would take to fix a major problem. I called John and he remembered me! He quickly took over, called Charlottesville, got the part number I needed and had me in the next day! They provided me with exceptional service and did give me a loaner so that I could run errands in town, as it is a 2.5 hour drive for me. I am now getting all repairs done at Midlothian, even though it's a huge inconvenience for me. I can't believe the Charlottesville MB treats people that way - their waiting area is gross and the employees rude. Midlothian saved the day!

I now have to go back to Midlothian because neither of my seat heaters work. I'm sure they will take care of me, but something needs to be done about the Charlottesville dealership. Several people in my family have also told me how poorly they were treated there - so none of us patronize that dealership anymore. It's very sad and a real pain that we must drive to Richmond to deal with a good MB dealership. Kudos to Midlothian - they really picked up Charlottesville's slack and even went out of their way to make sure I was happy.

They sent back a nice letter addressing things and apologizing. Also said they would correct the situation at the Cville dealership....but I still won't go there. I'm probably on a blacklist for tattling on them. =)

P.S. - I was obviously a little heated when I sent this email...sorry it's long.

Last edited by HistoryGirl; 10-07-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:12 PM

2011 C350--black, grey/black interior, Multimedia + Lighting Package, HK Sound, Rear View Camera
I'm from NOVA....and i highly recomment not doing business with MB of Alexandria....their manager was a snake when he tried to sell me a car, hence why I ordered from another dealer.

Go to Tysons Corner or American Service Center.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM

c300
American Service Center (ASC) are the same guys as MB of Alexandria
Old 10-07-2010, 08:22 PM

08 C350 Sport
Then MB of Tyson's is the only decent dealership around. It all comes to who they hire, if they hire some half-brain careless personnel that do not care much about your car then they always will have issues with customers.
Old 10-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

BBS LM's 18's + Kics
sorry to hear but they did offer to fix it for you
Old 10-08-2010, 06:34 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Nova

Originally Posted by jman350
I'm from NOVA....and i highly recommend not doing business with MB of Alexandria....their manager was a snake when he tried to sell me a car, hence why I ordered from another dealer.

Go to Tyson's Corner or American Service Center.
NOVA?
Old 10-08-2010, 06:41 PM

2005 c55
I am in Arlington and take me car to Don Pool Mercedes which is an independent Mercedes service center that does great work:

http://www.donpoolmercedes.com/
Old 10-08-2010, 07:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by RLE
NOVA?
Nova
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A nova (pl. novae) is a cataclysmic nuclear explosion caused by the accretion of hydrogen onto the surface of a white dwarf star, which ignites and starts nuclear fusion in a runaway manner. Novae are not to be confused with supernovae or luminous red novae.....(nor small Chevys or people from northern Virginia!)
Old 10-09-2010, 12:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 C300
Originally Posted by jman350
I'm from NOVA....and i highly recomment not doing business with MB of Alexandria....their manager was a snake when he tried to sell me a car, hence why I ordered from another dealer.

Go to Tysons Corner or American Service Center.
Tyson's just dinged both of my left side wheels. They kept the car for 3 days to get someone to fix them. They don't look any different. I told them not to pay the wheel repair place because they didn't anything. After my vacation I am going to ask them to replace the wheels. It's pretty minor in most opinions but I paid over $5k for my wheels. I have never dinged one in 2 yrs. My car has 83k on the odometer and still looks like new.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:59 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by rrich49132
I am in Arlington and take me car to Don Pool Mercedes which is an independent Mercedes service center that does great work:

http://www.donpoolmercedes.com/
Looking at the webpage (which has no links) I can't understand how they can steal the name Mercedes and the Star, both patented service marks, without MB suing them.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W204 Color: 090 / 1999 Honda Civic EX / 2003 Acura TL
Im in the MD area for the weekend =] I didn't bring my car though =[
Old 10-17-2010, 08:50 PM

2009 C63 AMG
Hey HistoryGirl,

I'm in Cville as well. I would never go to any Brown dealer. I took a car there once and they told me I needed a new catalyst converter. Took the car the next day to a friend's shop and there was nothing wrong with it. They were trying to rip me off for $3000! I would goto MB Tysons. My friemd works for MB dealer in Roanoke and he says I should go to Lynchburg . Although ,if you go to Midlothian, I might try them out since it is closer.