C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Tire recommendations in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 C350
Question Tire recommendations in Los Angeles?

So I found out today that the vibration I've been feeling is due to a separated tire, and thus need to get a new set of tires.

The shop I was in today recommended either Hankook or Falken tires for my budget. The guy said he works with them a lot and they are middle-range tires which perform well for their price.

For the Hankook tires, I was quoted the following prices (the Falken ones are pretty much the same price):

Fronts: 235.35.19 - $165 each tire
Rear: 265.30.19 - $185 each tire

Then $40 for each tire for force-balancing ($25 for regular balancing), and $50 for alignment.

I checked DiscountTires online real quick and the tire prices he quoted me seem reasonable/comparable. Just wanted to check with you fine folks if anything seems amiss here, or if there are any cheaper opportunities in the Los Angeles area I should consider. Thanks much!

Last edited by dandelos; 11-07-2010 at 03:11 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 10:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Check tirerack.com before buying locally. They ship very quickly!
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C300 Sport LOADED
I don't know about you guys, but I just put Nexen n3000 on mine and they are great. They have virtually no road noise, Handles well(maybe better than OEM continental).
I think they will last much longer too. I just drove about 1500miles on them and they are great. They are good in rain, too so far. I like to drive hard in rain if no ones around.
And they cost me 495 for all four tires and install and balance. I live in Fullerton area, but this was installed near Riverside(Moreno valley, that is where the seller's shop is located. It's goodyear tire shop and they are pretty good business).
I have used Conticontact3, Toyo r1, and GF(one with flaming pattern), and some other high quality, but if you are going to stay in California, I don't think you need all season tire and the NEXEN works perfectly.

Chuck, 951-543-3959

This is his information and they have ebay store too.
Just ask him for our tire(I have OEM stagger set up), and he will get it in less than 500 for all four.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:10 AM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by wanchu83
I don't know about you guys, but I just put Nexen n3000 on mine and they are great. They have virtually no road noise, Handles well(maybe better than OEM continental).
I think they will last much longer too. I just drove about 1500miles on them and they are great. They are good in rain, too so far. I like to drive hard in rain if no ones around.
And they cost me 495 for all four tires and install and balance. I live in Fullerton area, but this was installed near Riverside(Moreno valley, that is where the seller's shop is located. It's goodyear tire shop and they are pretty good business).
I have used Conticontact3, Toyo r1, and GF(one with flaming pattern), and some other high quality, but if you are going to stay in California, I don't think you need all season tire and the NEXEN works perfectly.

Chuck, 951-543-3959

This is his information and they have ebay store too.
Just ask him for our tire(I have OEM stagger set up), and he will get it in less than 500 for all four.
Funnily enough, my current tires are the Nexen 3000s. The tire guy I went to today said they are low-end and don't last long, hence their lower price. They did probably last about 20k+ miles before one got separated, I guess?
Old 11-07-2010, 09:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Both forum members and tirerack.com have rated the Continental DWS very highly and noted its relatively low price. The one place on the car definitely NOT to skimp is tires...the only contact your car has with the outside world are those 4 small tire patches...you want them as good as they can be!! No amount of tinting, lips, or grilles will keep you on the road!

Just a recent minor "for instance"....was doing about 45 on a Michigan 2 lane on Friday night when the corner of my eye noticed something scampering across the road right into my path...turned out to be a fairly large size rabbit...with the Pilot Sports (and Eibach antisway bars), my abrupt steering input resulted in no drama from the car, no squeal, no push, just "on the rails" swerve, right, then left, and the bunny seemed to time it just right to bounce off the face of my left front wheel (no damage to wheel, and we did see rabbit run!). From earlier experience with OE Contis, I know what the difference would have been...possibly not recovering from the first input quickly enough for the return swerve, before the side-of-road ditch!

One can imagine an infinite number of scenarios, but they all come back to having the best tires you can will make a significant difference in the outcome of some unexpected events. Make a smart choice!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:23 AM

2014 ML350
dandelos where are you located ?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:15 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by CLK 2 GLK
dandelos where are you located ?
I live in downtown LA.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 PM

08 W204
I know a place that do Falken FK452 $650 a set include mount and balance, around El Monte and Morovia.