C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

HELP...!!!!!! my car won't start.. :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by cthumarshall
ya., i would if i could.. but i can't start my car., n' it's already there at that dealer... even if i can take it out.., i think the problem is already listed on their records.. thanks for the suggestion tho.. now., the ecu is on the way to powerchip n' praying that they can make it work again..
How much does the dealer want for a new ECU?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C350
Originally Posted by delirium
How much does the dealer want for a new ECU?
$2600...
Old 03-11-2011, 11:22 PM

Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
$2600...
What was their initial question to you after diagnosing the problem and hooking up to your car's ECU?

Were there any probing questions like "Did you ever had your ECU removed or tuned?"

I hope powerchip would be of service to you and bring your car back to normal

Good luck!
Old 03-11-2011, 11:34 PM

C350
Originally Posted by ZeroSeVen
What was their initial question to you after diagnosing the problem and hooking up to your car's ECU?

Were there any probing questions like "Did you ever had your ECU removed or tuned?"

I hope powerchip would be of service to you and bring your car back to normal

Good luck!
it was like., "there is a software inside that won't communicate with the car., it won't let us do anything.." n' then yes., like the question u juz posted.. i didn't hav a choice but for a yes..
Old 03-12-2011, 01:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Let’s hope PowerChip will be able to fix it, let’s cross our fingers.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Received 175 Likes on 142 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
+1 - Good Luck!
Old 03-12-2011, 11:30 AM

2011 C300
can u tell my why u even installed the ecu mode man?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:13 PM

C350
Originally Posted by lamonsas
can u tell my why u even installed the ecu mode man?
most members on this forum had their ecu mod done wth no problems.. i dun know how to explain it to u but it's a modification which usually dun hav any problems.. juz a bad luck..
Old 03-12-2011, 12:56 PM

c200k
That'z knot answering hizzz question, B. Y did u git the mod?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:31 PM

2011 C300
What I'm asking Is what's the point of doing the ecu mode lol. What does that give u? The car drives great as is, whats the point of doing the ecu mode?
Old 03-12-2011, 01:38 PM

C350
Originally Posted by lamonsas
What I'm asking Is what's the point of doing the ecu mode lol. What does that give u? The car drives great as is, whats the point of doing the ecu mode?
do ur homework before u post.. i'm tired of the nonsense..
Old 03-12-2011, 07:32 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
How many?

most members on this forum had their ecu mod done wth no problems.. i dun know how to explain it to u but it's a modification which usually dun hav any problems.. juz a bad luck..
Actually, damned few have done it, I'm sure.
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Hey guys, saw the thread and thought I would chime in here.

As far as software goes, when we change the parameters in the ecu and you first install it in your car, if there are any problems they'd be apparent immediately. If your car starts the first time, it will start everytime. If your car goes into limp mode or stalls, it would happen immediately after instillation, it doesn't stay dormant and appear down the road. The program doesn't change overtime, it doesn't have the ability to degrade or get confused weeks or months later. It's a very simple science and we do literally hundreds of these ecu's every year.

Normally when something happens to a car the first finger pointed is to the software because that's the only thing that isn't tangible, it's the only thing that you can't touch with your own hands or "see" if its broken. If you have a cracked exhaust pipe, you can see it and address it, but if there's a problem with the computer, most people don't know how to tell if there's something going on with it, so the degree of unknown there means we get calls all the time of people complaining of problems with their cars that they believe is software related. It can be something as simple as a dead battery or a loose cable somewhere or something like a bad throttle position sensor or a bad CPS. 99% of the time software has nothing to do with it, but once in a while we do see problems that can be software related and that's why we provide a 3 year warranty with the product.

Just like regular computers, car computers can have random failures as well, but those problems are not at all exacerbated by tuning your car, just like adding microsoft software to your home computer doesn't make it any less reliable (maybe that's a bad example lol)

Check out these threads for some examples:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...what-hell.html

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-amg-w...d-highway.html

Hope that helps some of the confusion and worrying, OP please contact us and we'll help you resolve your issue.

Matt
Old 03-14-2011, 10:37 PM

C350
Hi guys.. I talked to Matt @ powerchip abt this.. n' he found out that there is water inside the ecu...!!!???? it's strange.. i've never sprayed inside engine bay... the only i things i've gone through r car washes n' some heavy rain.. sigh.. but thanks anyway to Matt @ powerchip... they hav the best customer service... even this issue is nothing to do wth powerchip., he offered me a free tune for my next car or the new ecu i got for this car... to the members who r trying to get an ecu tune., i highly recommend Powerchip.. u'll sastify with the tune and the customer service... so., the nex thing is the debate wth the dealer.. stay tuned..

Last edited by cthumarshall; 03-14-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Hi guys.. I talked to Matt @ powerchip abt this.. n' he found out that there is water inside the ecu...!!!???? it's strange.. i've never sprayed inside engine bay... the only i things i've gone through r car washes n' some heavy rain.. sigh.. but thanks anyway to Matt @ powerchip... they hav the best customer service... even this issue is nothing to do wth powerchip., he offered me a free tune for my next car or the new ecu i got for this car... to the members who r trying to get an ecu tune., i highly recommend Powerchip.. u'll sastify with the tune and the customer service... so., the nex thing is the debut wth the dealer.. stay tuned..
I think you mean debate, so, somehow, you will need to diffuse the dealer response that the only way you would know there is water in the ECU was for someone else to have had their hands upon it, thus providing another reason to void the warranty. I don't have a good suggestion here.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:05 AM

c200k
Aren't ecus supposed to be really well sealed? Unless the ecus was tampered with...

Unfortunately, the ability for several in this thread to communicate is limited, so I have little idea of how and who diagnosed water and so on.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 Black Out C350 Saks Edition / 87 VW GTI
Question

Last night on my way back home, I was driving about 65mls with cruise control on, I down shifted to pass a 18 wheeler, suddenly the throttle die and I got the “ESP not Operational see owner’s manual” message on the display, I pull to the shoulder and my transmission was not responding and I wasn’t able to turn off the cruise control, I turn off the engine wishing to reset the modules (TCU/ECU)luckily everything work normal, I try to reproduce the problem without any success, so weird.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C350
I have searched the internet & a lot of other MB owners report similar issues. Anyone else take their car to the dealer to have it diagnosed? I am out of warranty but I have the extended one from MB, I'm not sure if my diagnosis will be covered.