C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Ideas for Mercedes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2012 C250 Coupe
Ideas for Mercedes?

I decided to post here what Generation-Benz has started to roll-out on their site. Recently they unveiled an "Ideas" section where members such as myself can propose our ideas to Mercedes for review or consideration. Being that the community is very small, I think it would be beneficial if I expanded this opportunity to the MBworld w204 community to propose ideas that I could then relay to the generation benz community.

These could be anything about Mercedes, from marketing ideas, to products, to sales and service. Feel free to exchange ideas, because after all - it would be beneficial for everyone!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2010 C300 Sport
Got a link?
Old 04-06-2011, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by jctevere
I decided to post here what Generation-Benz has started to roll-out on their site. Recently they unveiled an "Ideas" section where members such as myself can propose our ideas to Mercedes for review or consideration. Being that the community is very small, I think it would be beneficial if I expanded this opportunity to the MBworld w204 community to propose ideas that I could then relay to the generation benz community.

These could be anything about Mercedes, from marketing ideas, to products, to sales and service. Feel free to exchange ideas, because after all - it would be beneficial for everyone!
Tell them to add a manual transmission to the 2012 and beyond C Class!
Old 04-06-2011, 04:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by Acapulco Bill
Got a link?
Unfortunately there is no link for them. The site is generationbenz.com but you are immediately asked for your login information. The intention of the thread is to have you post your ideas here and for me to relay them to Mercedes on the site.

@ Sportstick - I will definitely relay this to them, but I doubt it will gain much traction.
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
I joined Generationbenz.com last year

They have polls/ activities section which they update on a regular basis which they use to gather statistical data for research and development

They also have a discussion board with live sessions to interact and connect directly to MB USA

You get special invites to attend MB special events... I had passes for 2 for the unveiling of the new 2012 CLS63 AMG from last year's LA auto show which is a "by invitation only" party

Here's a link if anyone is interested: https://www.generationbenz.com/action/qualify
Old 04-07-2011, 06:44 AM

C300 2008
  • Satellite radio standard.
  • USB plug for music.
  • A secound charger outlet up front.
  • More HP in their engines, to compensate the weight , so equivelent engine size brands like Toyotas Camery's can't eat you alive on a red light.
  • A color central display for basic models
Old 04-07-2011, 08:34 AM

2009 C300 Luxury P1 w/Multimedia, Arctic White
Relocate the aux/ipod ports out of the glove box to somewhere more accessible like the console area.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by ranjel
  • Satellite radio standard.
  • USB plug for music.
  • A secound charger outlet up front.
  • More HP in their engines, to compensate the weight , so equivelent engine size brands like Toyotas Camery's can't eat you alive on a red light.
  • A color central display for basic models
I believe that the 2012 c-class incorporates all of your recommendations already. USB port, color central display, new engines (c250 + c350), and two car charging ports easily accesible to the driver. I will check to see if Satellite radio is standard, however, I would honestly rather see Xenon lighting standard.

The Aux port has also been moved to the center console along with the car charging port and the USB port.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:57 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'20 Targa 4 DD, ' 18 Volvo S60 T6
- lower diff gear 3.50 - 3.70

- double clutch manual/auto

- LED headlights

- nicer front seats

- remove speed limiters or at least set them to 260 KPH on all non AMG cars

- WIN in F1
Old 04-07-2011, 07:30 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
'08 C300 Lux Barolo Red Beige Leather P2 MM 18" wheels '84 944
Originally Posted by whiteongrey
- remove speed limiters or at least set them to 260 KPH on all non AMG cars

- WIN in F1
This would call for a tire upgrade since the H-rated OE tires are limited to 130 mph which is why the 130 mph speed limiter is there is the first place.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:33 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

I decided to post here what Generation-Benz has started to roll-out on their site. Recently they unveiled an "Ideas" section where members such as myself can propose our ideas to Mercedes for review or consideration................
I am hoping for some new colors when the W205 appears for some relief from the endless silver silver silver black white mandated now.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by RLE
This would call for a tire upgrade since the H-rated OE tires are limited to 130 mph which is why the 130 mph speed limiter is there is the first place.
The limiter and the tires are a reason to save $$$ - plus there is some deals with gov't to limit the speeds so cops can catch anyone in their cars.

In Canada we are limited to 110 mph LOL
Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 PM
RLE
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by whiteongrey
The limiter and the tires are a reason to save $$$ - plus there is some deals with gov't to limit the speeds so cops can catch anyone in their cars.

In Canada we are limited to 110 mph LOL
IF that is so, it is likely the only German car that suffers from this. Porsches have no limiters and never agreed to the 155mph limit in Europe that the Greens wanted long ago to "Save The Trees."
Old 04-07-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by RLE
IF that is so, it is likely the only German car that suffers from this. Porsches have no limiters and never agreed to the 155mph limit in Europe that the Greens wanted long ago to "Save The Trees."
In Germany all sedans are limited to 155 mph +/ with few exceptions like AMG, M etc.

Only Porsche, and the other true sports cars like Lambo etc are unlimited

Would be interesting to learn which models are not limited in USA - 335 BMW should be able to hit 180 MPH easily, along with most cars 350 hp and above that 160 should be easy.

In Canada it's pretty much the same as Germany re true sports cars being unlimited.

Anyway - it is ridiculous to have such high gearing and low speed limiters: I guess no one would buy the AMGs if their C300 Went 0-60 in 5.5 and did even 144 mph LOL.

MB should have an option on the 2 rear gear ratios at the very least.
H- rated tires on a car in w204 price range is a joke in the first place.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:14 PM

2014 GLK250 BlueTEC, 2012 BMW 335is Conv.
however, I would honestly rather see Xenon lighting standard.
Yes! I agree completely that it should be standard (along with the entire Premium 1 package) but if it can't be standard then it should at least be easier to find on a dealer's lot. There are almost no C classes on the ground with the Lighting Package. I know because I had them looking for one and there were precious few.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 C350
This is not a serious suggestion, more a lament:

Cold Climate packages are common, right. Seat warmers, headlight washers, etc.

I'd LOVE a Hot Climate package:
Air Conditioned seats
Rear sunshade
Dump the all-season tires in favor of summer tires (tho not Z-rated, nobody wants to buy a non-sportscar with tires that last just 1 year)

In seriousness, though:

I would like to see more of the safety tech trickled down to the C. Specifically:
1) Blind Spot Detection
2) Lane Departure Detection
3) Driver alertness/awareness monitoring
4) Leg airbags and standard torso airbags in the rear.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 E300 4MATIC Sedan
Done :

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t_drive_review

For the collision-prone, the C-class is now offered with the brand’s latest safety equipment. To ensure you’re awake, there’s Attention Assist. To keep you in your lane, there’s active lane-keeping assist, which vibrates the steering wheel when the car senses it has wandered from its lane. And active blind-spot assist will tell you if a car is lurking in your blind spot.

Nick
Old 04-08-2011, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by encoder
This is not a serious suggestion, more a lament:

Cold Climate packages are common, right. Seat warmers, headlight washers, etc.

I'd LOVE a Hot Climate package:
Air Conditioned seats
Rear sunshade
Dump the all-season tires in favor of summer tires (tho not Z-rated, nobody wants to buy a non-sportscar with tires that last just 1 year)

In seriousness, though:

I would like to see more of the safety tech trickled down to the C. Specifically:
1) Blind Spot Detection
2) Lane Departure Detection
3) Driver alertness/awareness monitoring
4) Leg airbags and standard torso airbags in the rear.
Definitely agree on the "Hot Climate" package. They have this to some extent - but not on c-class or in a package deal. I have relayed this to Mercedes-Benz.

The Manual transmission has already been recommended and getting much attention from other members. I have added my insight upon this as well.

Great job guys, keep the ideas coming. We can already see the ideas working well.

They seem to be focusing on Designo, prepaid maintenance (views/thoughts) and the new a-class concept.

Keep in mind - these ideas can be about the cars, about mercedes itself, about dealerships, service, etc.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:45 AM

W204 C180k Blueefficiency
Originally Posted by Ben'sBenz
Relocate the aux/ipod ports out of the glove box to somewhere more accessible like the console area.
+ 1

Further, I don't know if M.B. is in control of this, but the genuine bluetooth adapter that I got from the dealership cuts the call completely once you turn off the car (fair enough) but when the person calls back and you are nearby the vehicle, it tries to send the call back through the hands free. it should be either off when car is off, or functional once your in range whether the car is on or off.

Also, compared to other electronic shift cars, the Benz "manual" shift has a mind of it's own. I don't ever use it partly because it does not work well, and automatic pretty much redlines it once in sport mode in any case.

Other than that the car is tops. I love it.
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2012 C250 Coupe
Originally Posted by H Bear
+ 1

Further, I don't know if M.B. is in control of this, but the genuine bluetooth adapter that I got from the dealership cuts the call completely once you turn off the car (fair enough) but when the person calls back and you are nearby the vehicle, it tries to send the call back through the hands free. it should be either off when car is off, or functional once your in range whether the car is on or off.

Also, compared to other electronic shift cars, the Benz "manual" shift has a mind of it's own. I don't ever use it partly because it does not work well, and automatic pretty much redlines it once in sport mode in any case.

Other than that the car is tops. I love it.
I agree with you on the bluetooth in the car. I think its dumb that when you shut off the car without opening the door that the bluetooth shuts off. Whats further - that the car also "hangs up" when you shut off the car, instead of transferring the call to the phone's speaker. They need to fix this - thanks for the idea!

Also, the "tiptronic" or manual shift in Mercedes-Benz is different from other cars. Instead of being a true shift and stay in that gear. It is rather more like a selector for your car to stay between such gears. So if you are driving and in gear 3 as told by the infotainment cluster in the speedo, you might not really be in third gear. It just means that the car will automatically choose and shift between gears 1-3. Which is why when you are in gear 6 and push to the + to "shift up" it just goes back to regular mode, because it is regular mode (using all 7 gears on its own). It is more of a (don't go over this gear setting than a manual shift). Mainly good for snow or bad weather.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:47 PM

2008 C350
I agree with you on the bluetooth in the car. I think its dumb that when you shut off the car without opening the door that the bluetooth shuts off. Whats further - that the car also "hangs up" when you shut off the car, instead of transferring the call to the phone's speaker. They need to fix this - thanks for the idea!
I think that's your phone. Mine definitely switches between the handset and the bluetooth if i turn it on or off while I'm in the middle of a call.
Old 04-08-2011, 01:42 PM

W204 C180k Blueefficiency
Originally Posted by encoder
I think that's your phone. Mine definitely switches between the handset and the bluetooth if i turn it on or off while I'm in the middle of a call.
Do you have the adpter or is the hands free feature built in?
Old 04-08-2011, 02:11 PM

2008 C350
Originally Posted by H Bear
Do you have the adpter or is the hands free feature built in?
Mine is built-in
Old 04-08-2011, 04:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
c350coupe, Gencoupe R-spec
~turbo so we can compete with BMW's 335i.***
~manual transmission***
~aux/ipod adapter out of the glove box
~fold-down seats in all models.