C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

Help with wet spot on floormat under glove box!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300
Help with wet spot on floormat under glove box!!!

I found a wet spot on my passenger floormat today under the glove box near the door panel. We did have some rain today, but have had the car a month now and never had the problem before. I bought the car used and last week noticed that there was no windsheild washer fluid. Could these be linked or could something else be leaking into the car????? Any suggestions appreciated.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 PM

None
What model year is your car?

Some have a gizmo in the glove box by which you can cool the glovebox, presumably when you have a beverage in there you want to keep cool. (I think the whole idea is silly, and while my MB has it, I won't use it.)

The way it works is that you turn a knob inside the glovebox and it allows cold air from the air conditioner to flow into the glovebox, or turning the knob the opposite direction closes off the path of the air to the glovebox.

I'm wondering if your glovebox is somehow getting cold and then dripping condensed moisture from the atmosphere.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Check for leaky windshield plugged evaporator core drain, (if it smells sweet like coolant, check for leaky heater core) or window seal.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:22 AM

C300
Originally Posted by Go Navy
What model year is your car?

Some have a gizmo in the glove box by which you can cool the glovebox, presumably when you have a beverage in there you want to keep cool. (I think the whole idea is silly, and while my MB has it, I won't use it.)

The way it works is that you turn a knob inside the glovebox and it allows cold air from the air conditioner to flow into the glovebox, or turning the knob the opposite direction closes off the path of the air to the glovebox.

I'm wondering if your glovebox is somehow getting cold and then dripping condensed moisture from the atmosphere.
Ill check to see if its on. Thanks.
Old 04-25-2013, 11:25 AM

C300
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
Check for leaky windshield plugged evaporator core drain, (if it smells sweet like coolant, check for leaky heater core) or window seal.
The spot doesn't smell sweet. Just like a wet floormat. No other evidence is a leak from the window or door either. Ill look into the drain. The cabin filter is in a close location to where the spot is. Any thing that could be causing it from that?
Old 04-25-2013, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2008 W204 Sport
Could be possible.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E350, 2012 SL550
That "gizmo" is to cool your electronics connected to the ipod/aux interface. It's not silly and would not cause this problem.

Regards,
Don
Old 04-25-2013, 11:53 PM

None
Originally Posted by dfordham
That "gizmo" is to cool your electronics connected to the ipod/aux interface. It's not silly and would not cause this problem.

Regards,
Don
Cool what electronics connected to the ipod/aux interface? My iPod is in the center armrest although it could be in the glovebox. It has no cooling in the center armrest and doesn't get hot.

Read this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...knob-used.html
Old 04-26-2013, 01:01 AM

2011 C300 4MATIC
Cool what electronics connected to the ipod/aux interface? My iPod is in the center armrest although it could be in the glovebox. It has no cooling in the center armrest and doesn't get hot.

Read this thread:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...knob-used.html
The gizmos did go in the glovebox on 2011 and before.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:02 AM

2011 C300 Sport 4MATIC
On my '11 the ipod interface is in the glove box