C-Class (W204) 2008 - 2014: C180K, C200K, C230, C280, C300, C350, C200CDI, C220CDI, C320CDI

MODIFICATIONS IDEAS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 c250 cdi
MODIFICATIONS IDEAS

Hi I have a c250 cdi amg sports anyone got any pic or ideas of any modifications car has 18" standard amg alloys.
Old 08-28-2014, 11:16 AM

2010 c250 cdi
Here is pic of my car at the moment

Old 08-28-2014, 11:30 AM

2011 C300 4MATIC
What did you use to tint the white part of your tail light?
Old 08-28-2014, 11:53 AM

2009 c350
Mod ideas depend on ur taste and style really.

carbon fiber accents (diffuser, front lip,trunk,hood,grill spoiler)
full car wraps
tuning
exhaust system
suspension

good luck
Old 08-28-2014, 12:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 corvette stingray. 2013 C250 Sport. 04 Volvo XC90
a quick list of ideas:

1. Detail job. Get her nice and clean inside and out
2. Headlight update. I don't know if you can update 2010 to current (2011+)
3. DRL update (same as above)
4. AMG Grill
Old 08-28-2014, 01:26 PM

2010 c250 cdi
Originally Posted by aamirani
What did you use to tint the white part of your tail light?
Thats standard light have not tinted them I'm thinking of wrapping the car in white and getting window tints.

Last edited by moy24; 08-28-2014 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:46 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Personally, I tend to veer towards functional mods first, but most importantly mods that apply to ALL cars. Only then do I consider model specific mods, like a tune, body panels, interior stuff, etc.

#1 Debadged, no front plate, and definitely no dealer license plate frames.
While some may not consider this functional, this is an exception because it costs nothing to do. If the dealer does not provide me free service, there is no reason why I should advertise for free either. As far as plates and identifications are concerned, I personally like to be as discreet as possible. What is under the hood is my business, regardless of powertrain (even hybrids).

#2 Tints. THis is a staple mod regardless of the vehicle I own and it has many benefits in addition to "looks". In line with the #1 mod, this further adds to the discreetness level. Personally I would go as dark as you can get away with before getting a fix-it ticket. In my case I had to downgrade the fronts from 20% to 35%, but still kept the rears at 20. Similar to debadging, what I have inside the cabin again is my business (even though this directly goes against the interests of highway patrol so YMMV).

#3 Radar detector. Before I begin performance mods, I must first focus on preservation (in this case my wallet). While it won't necessarily save you, it will however provide you more information than without. Keep in mind it only takes ONE time for it to work (in its entire lifetime) for it to pay for itself. While I do not promote speeding, you would be suprised how many times I see folks getting pulled over simply because they broke from the pack and singled themselves out. Had they have known the entire pack was being gunned, they would of saved themselves a $300 ticket. Oh, and you want this hardwired, because if it's not, you'll eventually get lazy and not have it on 24/7 which will defeat the purpose of having one. Remember, information is KING. If you are pointing anything at me, I want to know about it!

#4 Tires. If there is only 1 performance mod I can do to a car it would be these. There doesn't exist a another mod that will affect all performance areas [acceleration, braking, handling & safety] simultaneously other than tires and possibly loosing weight. The only exception to this would be if you wanted to not waste a perfectly good set of rubber and instead upgrade when your existing set wore out, but after that, there is no reason why you shouldn't be rocking the best tires you can afford. To cheap out on tires and spend the $ on other performance mods to me is foolish.

#5 WIDER Wheels. If tires rank #1 as best performance mod you can do for the buck, then how about even MORE tire! Personally I do not care of larger diameter wheels, since they inversely affect performance and ride quality. What I do care about however is WIDER wheels so I can have even wider tires. Even if you stick with the SAME tire size, a wider wheel will still give you a larger overall contact patch.

#6+n (insert many many mods here...model specific)

#X LED lights. This is near the bottom of the list, but it still made it simply because of the fact that you can hypothetically save yourself from a dead battery by leaving lights on made from LEDs vs incandescent bulbs. This day in age there is no reason why one should use inefficient bulbs (other than maybe foglights to burn ice/snow).

Summary:
Pretty much the above list always makes their way in my cars...regardless the make/model.
Old 08-28-2014, 03:08 PM

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
It's a UK car so he's stuck with the front numberplate.
Old 08-28-2014, 04:14 PM

2010 c250 cdi
I love the leon hardiritt alloys but can't find any in uk
Old 08-28-2014, 04:16 PM

2010 c250 cdi
Originally Posted by edgalang
Personally, I tend to veer towards functional mods first, but most importantly mods that apply to ALL cars. Only then do I consider model specific mods, like a tune, body panels, interior stuff, etc.

#1 Debadged, no front plate, and definitely no dealer license plate frames.
While some may not consider this functional, this is an exception because it costs nothing to do. If the dealer does not provide me free service, there is no reason why I should advertise for free either. As far as plates and identifications are concerned, I personally like to be as discreet as possible. What is under the hood is my business, regardless of powertrain (even hybrids).

#2 Tints. THis is a staple mod regardless of the vehicle I own and it has many benefits in addition to "looks". In line with the #1 mod, this further adds to the discreetness level. Personally I would go as dark as you can get away with before getting a fix-it ticket. In my case I had to downgrade the fronts from 20% to 35%, but still kept the rears at 20. Similar to debadging, what I have inside the cabin again is my business (even though this directly goes against the interests of highway patrol so YMMV).

#3 Radar detector. Before I begin performance mods, I must first focus on preservation (in this case my wallet). While it won't necessarily save you, it will however provide you more information than without. Keep in mind it only takes ONE time for it to work (in its entire lifetime) for it to pay for itself. While I do not promote speeding, you would be suprised how many times I see folks getting pulled over simply because they broke from the pack and singled themselves out. Had they have known the entire pack was being gunned, they would of saved themselves a $300 ticket. Oh, and you want this hardwired, because if it's not, you'll eventually get lazy and not have it on 24/7 which will defeat the purpose of having one. Remember, information is KING. If you are pointing anything at me, I want to know about it!

#4 Tires. If there is only 1 performance mod I can do to a car it would be these. There doesn't exist a another mod that will affect all performance areas [acceleration, braking, handling & safety] simultaneously other than tires and possibly loosing weight. The only exception to this would be if you wanted to not waste a perfectly good set of rubber and instead upgrade when your existing set wore out, but after that, there is no reason why you shouldn't be rocking the best tires you can afford. To cheap out on tires and spend the $ on other performance mods to me is foolish.

#5 WIDER Wheels. If tires rank #1 as best performance mod you can do for the buck, then how about even MORE tire! Personally I do not care of larger diameter wheels, since they inversely affect performance and ride quality. What I do care about however is WIDER wheels so I can have even wider tires. Even if you stick with the SAME tire size, a wider wheel will still give you a larger overall contact patch.

#6+n (insert many many mods here...model specific)

#X LED lights. This is near the bottom of the list, but it still made it simply because of the fact that you can hypothetically save yourself from a dead battery by leaving lights on made from LEDs vs incandescent bulbs. This day in age there is no reason why one should use inefficient bulbs (other than maybe foglights to burn ice/snow).

Summary:
Pretty much the above list always makes their way in my cars...regardless the make/model.
That's a big list thanks for the advice I like to remove the number plate but being in uk I have can't or I'll get pulled over straight away.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:05 PM

2010 c250 cdi
What you all think of this they are 18" and front are 8.5 rear is 9.5
Old 08-28-2014, 05:33 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
Factory ordered 2012 MB C350 w/Dynamic Handling Package
Originally Posted by moy24
What you all think of this they are 18" and front are 8.5 rear is 9.5

Taste is a personal thing so on that I won't comment. Assuming the lug pattern matches, the next thing to consider is offset and bore size.

I have...
Wheel (F): 5-112 18x8.5 +45/66.6mm
Wheel (R): 5-112 18x9.5 +45/66.6mm

Tire (F): 235/40R18 95Y XL
Tire (R): 255/35R18 94Y XL

#1 Center Bore: I know what is like to have bore adapters, and while dooable, I'd avoid them if possible. My main reason is depending on how the wheel/adapter ages, removing them might be an issue in the event you ever need to change to your spare tire in unwelcoming conditions.

#2 Offset: unless you have a C63, anything less than a +45 offset for the front is going to be messy (since a C63 has wider front fenders). For the rears, +45 does NOT allow me to do 265's (with the tires of my choice).

Unfortunately unless you can provide the 2 figures above, the only feedback you'll get is whether it looks good or not...which YOU should be the one deciding.
Old 08-28-2014, 07:21 PM

W204 MY10 C200CGI
Edgalang summed it up well.

Of course, any style modifications are personal choice so I suggest getting on some of the build threads and just see what everyone is doing. So many options, many of them very subtle but effective. See these threads for a start:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ld-thread.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-c...ld-thread.html

As far as the wheels go, offset is very important. Check out this thread:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...on-thread.html

keep in mind the 40-50 offset range is conservative. Guys are running 31-40 offset with the right mix of tyre size and, in some cases fender rolling. Depends on whether you like the 'poked' look
Old 08-29-2014, 05:08 AM

2010 c250 cdi
Originally Posted by edgalang
Taste is a personal thing so on that I won't comment. Assuming the lug pattern matches, the next thing to consider is offset and bore size.

I have...
Wheel (F): 5-112 18x8.5 +45/66.6mm
Wheel (R): 5-112 18x9.5 +45/66.6mm

Tire (F): 235/40R18 95Y XL
Tire (R): 255/35R18 94Y XL

#1 Center Bore: I know what is like to have bore adapters, and while dooable, I'd avoid them if possible. My main reason is depending on how the wheel/adapter ages, removing them might be an issue in the event you ever need to change to your spare tire in unwelcoming conditions.

#2 Offset: unless you have a C63, anything less than a +45 offset for the front is going to be messy (since a C63 has wider front fenders). For the rears, +45 does NOT allow me to do 265's (with the tires of my choice).

Unfortunately unless you can provide the 2 figures above, the only feedback you'll get is whether it looks good or not...which YOU should be the one deciding.
I contacted the seller he said they are 5x112 but et 35 I'm just looking around see what alloys I find I'm gonna look at others tread and get some ideas.
Old 08-29-2014, 10:45 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,357 Likes on 2,811 Posts
2012 CLS63
get some wheels and wrap it; call it a day
Old 08-29-2014, 11:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 c350
I contacted the seller he said they are 5x112 but et 35 I'm just looking around see what alloys I find I'm gonna look at others tread and get some ideas.
you will be fine with an et 35 all around, provided you have a little tire stretch.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:35 PM

2010 c250 cdi
If I could make my car look like this I'll be happy but maybe not that low as road in UK are carp.I love the gold alloys but can't get them in UK I think.the pic are off google so I don't no who's car they are hope they don't mind.I also upload pic of my car before I brought the Mercedes which was a ford focus titanium with facelift st front conversion.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:47 PM

2010 c250 cdi
I been looking and reading through a lot of things on this forum and all I wanna say it very helpful and man there are nice looking w204 on here,also just say thanks to everyone on here for sharing there passion for cars as it really helps people like me who need answers for certain questions as more likely it's already been answered on here.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:23 PM

2009 c350
I been looking and reading through a lot of things on this forum and all I wanna say it very helpful and man there are nice looking w204 on here,also just say thanks to everyone on here for sharing there passion for cars as it really helps people like me who need answers for certain questions as more likely it's already been answered on here.
Good luck with ur future modding
Old 08-30-2014, 09:22 AM

2010 c250 cdi
Originally Posted by hypekills187
Good luck with ur future modding
Thanks bro I'll keep everyone updated when I do any modifications etc.